Console gaming is actually what's dying. Ironic isn't it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

This is not a troll thread so please don't bother posting if you're not going to read this.

Console gaming is dying because the big console makers such as Sony and Microsoft are stuck in outdated business practices that simply do not work in the modern tech world.

It boggles my mind that the best Sony and MS can do is to release a new piece of hardware that only runs a handful of games. And those games are crappy launch titles at that. And they have the audacity to think they can charge $60 a pop!

Yes I know, that's how the industry has always worked but guess what, those practices are dying and no longer being accepted by the modern gaming public.

In the future I see 3 big players surviving this new age of gaming. They will be as follows.

1. Apple - They will release an apple console with a cool controller. They will receive massive support from all game developers including big buzz with indie developers. They will have tons of games and at super low prices.

They will update their hardware every year or two. And years down the line when you buy the new apple TV game console with the latest hardware, you will have not only have your entire game library intact but also all of your apple software, music, movies, books etc.

2. PC/Steambox - In a few years buying a box that truly does everything for your living room including being the best place to game with the largest library of software and the best prices will just make sense.

All the games you bought for your PC transfer over to your steambox and vice versa. The quality of software will be excellent as well as always the best graphics due to regular hardware updates.

3. Nintendo - The Wii-U already has the future of game controllers and the e-shop and virtual console is something really special. The Wii-U will not be very successful itself but it's successor will.

The next Nintendo console will be a console and handheld in one. Backwards compatible with all of the amazing Nintendo software from day one. When you buy the next Nintendo, you will be able to play a huge catalog of titles in your living room big screen and on the go.

Conclusion - I know it seems odd to say that console gaming is dying but if you examine the industry then you realize that it is.

And when I say console gaming, I am talking about the old gaming practices that no longer make sense in this modern world of new and old gamers.

The PC is dying they say and also the Wii-U is a terrible failure. However, the steambox fixes the only major problem with PC, piracy. And the Wii-U is actually the blueprint for future Nintendo hardware which will be huge.

What will not work is a PS5 or Xbox Next that releases in 6 years for $600 with a handful of crap rushed launch titles and maybe they will think $70 a game is cool by then.

All the games you bought for your PS4 and Xbox One will not transfer over. You will have to rebuy them for the next gen maybe as some collections pack.

Meanwhile Apple, PC and Nintendo are offering things that just make sense and really feel like the future of the industry.

Game consoles are dying along with their archaic practices. I'm sorry but it's true.

Who disagrees or agrees? Please no fanboy remarks from people who didn't read the post. I am looking for intelligent posters to reply thoughtfully.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

gaming overall is dying thx to these wanabee mobile "gamers"

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

PC dominates market with 51%, Console at 30% and Mobile at 13%

30% console = Wii U, PS4, PS3, X360, X1, 3DS, PSVITA

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Another "Dying" Thread.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

>Thinks Apple is the future of gaming

>Topkek

PtothaWHAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PtothaWHAT
Member since 2009 • 411 Posts

Wasn't the PS4 launch one of the biggest of all time?

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Looks at latest console release demand, sales. Looks at console game sales like gta 5.

Looks at twindling desktop sales.

Chuckles in amusement.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I would post such a lackadaisical half-hearted comment if your OP was remotely accurate or based on any fact.

You essentially said " I dont like the current launch titles, Pc is teh best". Its also quite amusing that you have ignored the steambox obvious attempt to bridge the gap between PC gaming and console gaming....not eradicate consoles.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

TLDR

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

when are the nerds going to realize regular people don't care about specs, they care about games

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I think Sony, ms and Nintendo get it now. I think all three will have gamers digital library carrying over from console to console via psn,Nintendo network ect.

Sony has said this many times before about carrying the playstation brand across a variety of devices. Nintendo also recently hinted about their plans as well. With Azure and onedrive MS can easily implement something with their consoles and other consumer electronics products.

These companies have been in industry for years now and they know how to adapt to changing market conditions otherwise they would have been gone by now.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

What's ironic is that the Xbox One and the PS4 are the two fastest selling consoles ever, yet you still made this thread.