Console gaming is a mess.

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@Heirren said:

@nutcrackr said:

Console games have always been following what is done on the PC, so it makes sense than these types of things come up on the new consoles.

Really? How many genres truly emerged on the consoles vs the pc? I'd bet it isn't even close and favors consoles by far.

Start listing them down then.

Oh I don't know myself. For the record I do think console gaming is a mess right now, outside of nintendo. But....for the question at hand? It is a long list dating back to Atari and console design being made to really mimic what was in an arcade. You name a classic game and chances are it isn't a pc title. Not that there aren't classics on pc but it simply pales in comparison I'm sure. We're talking every single type of sports title, platformer, action game, the advent of 3d game control, multiplayer action puzzlers,......................................the list goes on forever--I just don't see the point. Every single eastern origin game? It is ridiculous. So all that vsssssssssss.....Ultima and FPS? Lol. fer real?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Heirren said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Heirren said:

@nutcrackr said:

Console games have always been following what is done on the PC, so it makes sense than these types of things come up on the new consoles.

Really? How many genres truly emerged on the consoles vs the pc? I'd bet it isn't even close and favors consoles by far.

Oh I don't know myself. For the record I do think console gaming is a mess right now, outside of nintendo. But....for the question at hand? It is a long list dating back to Atari and console design being made to really mimic what was in an arcade. You name a classic game and chances are it isn't a pc title. Not that there aren't classics on pc but it simply pales in comparison I'm sure. We're talking every single type of sports title, platformer, action game, the advent of 3d game control, multiplayer action puzzlers,......................................the list goes on forever--I just don't see the point. Every single eastern origin game? It is ridiculous. So all that vsssssssssss.....Ultima and FPS? Lol. fer real?

Ya... i'm guessing you can't make a list then.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@Heirren said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Heirren said:

@nutcrackr said:

It'd be easier to make a list of pc games because it is much shorter. I don't have time to make a list.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Heirren said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Heirren said:

@bldgirsh said:

It'd be easier to make a list of pc games because it is much shorter. I don't have time to make a list.

Alright, that's fair I guess.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@DevilMightCry said:

Instead, they launched stupid schemes were you can pay even more to rent your own server, and even then it's still a slow piece of shit.

Oh well.

Am I alone on this?

You act as if PC is innocent in this regard.

Loading Video...

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@DevilMightCry: The only real problem with the PS4 is the CPU. I honestly think based on my building experience that if they would have installed a much better CPU overall the PS4 would have performed much better. It's faster than the PS3 so it has improved but we are also playing stripped down games that can't hardly perform the way they should. So overall that DDR5 I guess made up for the slack of the CPU, optical drive and HDD combined because they are all garbage. The PS4 could have been built for $250 give or take a few.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

I agree, they're adding too much shit on to the console experience now. A cold start up takes while on the X1. Installations and updates should be in the background effecting your next play instead of shoving it your face. I go to play Forza 5, 'oh here's a 2.5 GB update, have fun'. I don't know how the PS4 handles updates, but they got it right with background installations. It takes so freaking long on the X1 to install from disc, if they knew they were going to do this, why not put a faster Blu Ray drive in there.

Even on the PC a lot of updates happen in the background and effect the next time you start up.

Although MS did invest like 9 billion in 2009 in a load of data centres World wide for the Azure network although it seems to have had teething problems.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

console gaming is still a lot more seamless than pc + the initial investment ie, buying the console, costs less + wont run into compatibility issues + ms/sony exclusives stomp pc exclusives into the ground

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 HalcyonScarlet

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's funny how PC gamers always try to downplay console gaming. And say KB/M is THE way to play games lol. Yet gaming started on a Joystick/Joypad. And PC gamers game on a typewriter lol.

For me, the best way to play most games is a pad. Even on PC, I use my 360 controller for almost everything bar FPS games.

Gamng consoles popularised gaming. Stop acting like consolites owe you PC gamers anything because the only thing you have done for the industry is create resolution and fps arguments on the internet. Made everyone and their dogs elitists.

The PC is a fantastic platform. But some of you PC gamers are a true cancer. If it weren't for you, the "1080p 60fps" arguments would not have arised on every fucking gaming discussion nowadays.

And how they go to console videos on youtube and spout their shit. FFS. Shitheads.

Is that aimed at replies here or the OP, because if it's the OP, I think you're being a bit defensive. I actually agree with him, I think the console manufacturers are starting to pull away from the core of what consoles are or were about. Strength in simplicity.

On a modern PC with things like Steam and Geforce Experience, you can actually get a remarkably close experience to consoles in terms of simplicity. How is that possible.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HalcyonScarlet
@ghostwarrior786 said:

console gaming is still a lot more seamless than pc + the initial investment ie, buying the console, costs less + wont run into compatibility issues + ms/sony exclusives stomp pc exclusives into the ground

Not sure I agree, it's quicker to cold boot up my computer, get into Steam which pretty much takes care of everything for you and I think the costs are counter balanced over time (cheaper software + no subscriptions).

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@blackace said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can honestly say I'm pretty happy with my ps4. Sony nailed it with price, specs, user interface, and value proposition (ps+). They haven't been this good since the ps1 days imo.

The UI is terrible on the PS4. It's actually worse the PS3 UI. Same could be said for the XB1 UI too. It's easily worse then the best UI on a game console, which is the XBox 360. The price is fine. The specs could have been better. The value is still TBD at this point, since they don't have many quality exclusives out right now. 3rd party games are fine. Next year will be better for the PS4 and XB1.

This is by far one of the best launches I've been a part of. I game primarily on consoles so multiplats count as games for me. This year I got to play the next gen versions of Battlefield, Assassins Creed, and Injustice. I also played KZ Shadow Fall, inFAMOUS. Got free digital games like Resogun, Strider, and Pixel Junk Ultimate. There's indies like Rogue Legacy, The Swapper, Hohokum, and CounterSpy that I bought recently. And then we have a huge holiday lineup with Destiny, Natural Doctrine, Middle-Earth, Alien Isolation, Evil Within, Evolve, LittleBigPlanet 3, Assassins Creed Unity, Call of Duty, The Crew, Dragon Age, Far Cry 4, and I'm sure there's more. I also like the remasters. I want to play Metro Redux because they kinda sucked to play on last gen consoles.

I can understand if you game on PC this doesn't look that good I guess. But I like gaming on console and am fine with PS4 graphics. I think they're great. I still own my PS3 but prefer PS4 version.

As for user interface, it's really quick and responsive and that's pretty much what I care about.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Not sure I agree, it's quicker to cold boot up my computer, get into Steam which pretty much takes care of everything for you and I think the costs are counter balanced over time (cheaper software + no subscriptions).

the thing with steam is u still have to install drivers and stuff, sure it is very simple but to the casual its still an additional step which they are not used to and yeh i agree the cheaper software+ no subscription is a huge bonus to me for pc but casuals are more attracted by the lower initial cost of consoles and dont think this far ahead.

the only way pc can become main stream is by releasing a pc that is priced similar to consoles + advertise and sell it in game stores + streamline the process even more by handling all the drivers stuff in the background + update steam interface to allow for things such as netflix to be embedded into big picture mode. essentially they need to create a console like environment

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HalcyonScarlet
@scottpsfan14 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's funny how PC gamers always try to downplay console gaming. And say KB/M is THE way to play games lol. Yet gaming started on a Joystick/Joypad. And PC gamers game on a typewriter lol.

For me, the best way to play most games is a pad. Even on PC, I use my 360 controller for almost everything bar FPS games.

Gamng consoles popularised gaming. Stop acting like consolites owe you PC gamers anything because the only thing you have done for the industry is create resolution and fps arguments on the internet. Made everyone and their dogs elitists.

The PC is a fantastic platform. But some of you PC gamers are a true cancer. If it weren't for you, the "1080p 60fps" arguments would not have arised on every fucking gaming discussion nowadays.

And how they go to console videos on youtube and spout their shit. FFS. Shitheads.

Is that aimed at replies here or the OP, because if it's the OP, I think you're being a bit defensive. I actually agree with him, I think the console manufacturers are starting to pull away from the core of what consoles are or were about. Strength in simplicity.

On a modern PC with things like Steam and Geforce Experience, you can actually get a remarkably close experience to consoles in terms of simplicity. How is that possible.

No just a big bulk of the PC community. Normally teenagers who have just discovered PC gaming and think they have a sense of entitlement above consolites because they play games on PC. So they like to rub it in on the internet when in actual fact, they are clueless morons.

Any way, I get what you're saying, but the console is just more convenient.

With the PS4, you take it out the box, plug it in, start it up and enter your settings and PSN ID etc. Once done, pop a disc in, it installs in a matter of seconds, and you play it. Or play it while it installs too.

What is more simple? Buying a ready built PC? (we all know how bad they can be), Installing steam? What about a casual? He/she might not even know what steam is. At least those same people will buy a console and have everything ready when they boot it up.

Well it sounds like Sony did it right, I'm not sure MS has yet, to that extent.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

the thing with steam is u still have to install drivers and stuff, sure it is very simple but to the casual its still an additional step which they are not used to and yeh i agree the cheaper software+ no subscription is a huge bonus to me for pc but casuals are more attracted by the lower initial cost of consoles and dont think this far ahead.

the only way pc can become main stream is by releasing a pc that is priced similar to consoles + advertise and sell it in game stores + streamline the process even more by handling all the drivers stuff in the background + update steam interface to allow for things such as netflix to be embedded into big picture mode. essentially they need to create a console like environment

I can go with that. Although between Windows Update and Geforce Experience if they have that, it's far less of a deal now a days. You're right though, the initial cost looks better. But I think casuals game on the PC as a by-product, they don't buy a PC for gaming.

Updates on the PC work in the background and in a far more automatic way than they used to. Although Amazon Instant and Netflix were still a bit of a sham on the computer last time I checked, but that was a while ago.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Omega-316 said:

Can one play fighting games on computer? No? Oh, okay then. End thread.

Yes? SFIV and MK9 are my most played games atm. There is a larger community on console, but one isn't absent on PC either. SFIV has a pretty good sized community on PC.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I would take a PS4 coupled with a Wii U over the most powerful PC for gaming any day of the week.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'm happy to have been gaming on both consoles & PC for so many years and hopefully will continue to do so !!

Its good to have a choice :)

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 intotheminx

@Omega-316 said:

@lostrib said:

@Omega-316 said:

Can one play fighting games on computer?

yes

street fighter? tekken? you know, REAL fighting games? Games that takes skill? no. Consoles will never die because nobody wants to play fighting games and sport games on a computer.

And am I the only one who cant get into adventure games playing on PC? I mean playing on a small computer screen hunched over trying to get my pinky to press tab really kills it. Games like skyrim and destiny are meant for consoles. Playing on a big Tv in a comfortable chair/couch. That really helps you immerse your self into the game. Playing on computer seems very arcadey. But thats just me. Love total war tho. So thumbs up for RTS games but thats where it ends.

As I've mentioned, SF is on PC and I play it more than any other game. Most fg's require some type of skill and basic knowledge, rather if it's anti airing, spacing out your opponent, counter poking etc. Just because a fg doesn't have 12 shotos in it doesn't make it less of a fighting game. You can play "footsies" in every fighting game that I know of, so what skill set are you referring to?

As far as your comment about the M/K combo; I only use a m/k for shooters, which is rare, but I do it because of how accurate and precise it is. Outside of that, I use a controller for other games. I also use a fight stick for fighting games. I also have a mini itx build in my living room so I can fall on my ass on the couch and play on a big tv. Skyrim is better on PC, I'm sorry to tell you that. Arcadey? That's kind of ironic since you were just talking about fighting games.

There is so much wrong with your post.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ghostwarrior786

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

PC is already mainstream.

not as mainstream as consoles. pc gaming is still pretty hardcore

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@papatrop said:

@xhawk27 said:

@papatrop said:

I turned on my computer today, double clicked a game icon, and played video games for a few hours.

It was quite magical.

Really I thought Computers only did spreadsheets and stuff like that!

Woah woah woah. Let's keep this forum rated PG.

Spreadsheets are for after everyone has gone to bed.

lol.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By intotheminx

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

I think PC is beginning to see mainstream. The recent massive bump in PC hardware sales is a indicator of that imo. Not to mention the ever so growing numbers on Steam.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I buy consoles for exclusives not found anywhere else and they just happen to win an impressive amount of GOTY and garner perfect 10/10 scores that PC just can't seem to get, which make consoles 100% worth owning,,

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 intotheminx

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Most pc gamers are not hardcore. Most pc gamers don't even own rigs capable of playing the hardcore games we see on the market today. Console gamers are more hardcore.

You sir, are 100% correct. According to the Steam Hardware survey for this month, the most popular gpu is the Intel HD graphics 4000, followed by the 3000 series. I must admit the hd 4600 kind of impresses me though. I've seen people playing Crysis 3 on Youtube with the 4600, but that is on a PC. I'm guessing the people in the survey are on laptops which tend to have a weaker CPU. The gtx 660 is in 3rd place, which is a solid card. Also, most people's PC's are actually significantly weaker than the current consoles.

Steam Survey

Common PC comparison to consoles.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

It's kind of funny that you say "whatever the hell Nintendo thinks it's doing" because aren't they the only ones who are creating a console that does what you say a console should do?

It's a GAMING system and almost all of its features are geared with that focus. You can also just put in a game and play it instantly.

Yeah, he overlooked the only company doing exactly what he says consoles should be doing lol.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ghostwarrior786

@intotheminx said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Most pc gamers are not hardcore. Most pc gamers don't even own rigs capable of playing the hardcore games we see on the market today. Console gamers are more hardcore.

You sir, are 100% correct. According to the Steam Hardware survey for this month, the most popular gpu is the Intel HD graphics 4000, followed by the 3000 series. I must admit the hd 4600 kind of impresses me though. I've seen people playing Crysis 3 on Youtube with the 4600, but that is on a PC. I'm guessing the people in the survey are on laptops which tend to have a weaker CPU. The gtx 660 is in 3rd place, which is a solid card. Also, most people's PC's are actually significantly weaker than the current consoles.

Steam Survey

HELL NO. no way are console only gamers more hardcore than the pc crowd. all that survey proves is not all pc gamers are wealthy enough to buy the best pc. casuals flock to consoles, your average joe isnt going to buy his son a pc for christmas, he will buy x1/ps4

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@intotheminx said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Steam Survey

HELL NO. no way are console only gamers more hardcore than the pc crowd. all that survey proves is not all pc gamers are wealthy enough to buy the best pc. casuals flock to consoles, your average joe isnt going to buy his son a pc for christmas, he will buy x1/ps4

But isn't the average age of gamers different now. Casual doesn't equal young. Also on the PC there is a lot more on offer than the high end demanding games we focus on in SWs.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Then log off....stop complaining about consoles....and play games on your PC. Last I checked no one was forced to game on consoles. It's an experience some people like. Deal with it.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 HalcyonScarlet
@LJS9502_basic said:

Then log off....stop complaining about consoles....and play games on your PC. Last I checked no one was forced to game on consoles. It's an experience some people like. Deal with it.

This is a discussion forum is it not?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LJS9502_basic

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That doesn't mean we have to hear people whine about things that they are in control of themselves. Seriously who is forcing him to game on a console? One of the reasons these forums are dying is threads like this.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Console basically bait PC. If console take over too quickly it could be costly on PC.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ghostwarrior786

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@intotheminx said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Steam Survey

But isn't the average age of gamers different now. Casual doesn't equal young. Also on the PC there is a lot more on offer than the high end demanding games we focus on in SWs.

maybe the age is changing i dont know, or maybe it depends on the region. europe is supposed to be pc gaming central but i dont know many people who game at all on pc, my friends are all casual console gamers who never have heard of steam yet spend hours playing fifa/cod and get very competitive in games when i play against them.

i guess there is no real definition of hardcore gamers, what i would classify as hardcore is someone who follows the industry. i have nvidia 9800 gfx card which sucks and is out of date but i consider my self to be pretty hardcore gaming person.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic

@alcapello said:

Console basically bait PC. If console take over too quickly it could be costly on PC.

Smart phones and tablets are costing the PC market actually. Not consoles.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#88  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@DevilMightCry said:

Logins, accounts, menus, installation, patches, updates, load times, the server's down right now, so **** you, lag, shitty customer service...

That gave me a laugh. At times I think the same thing. Reminded me of the early days of the Wii U.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 intotheminx

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@intotheminx said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Steam Survey

I never said anything about being "hardcore," but you have to admit that there are probably a ton of people that rock 4000 graphics and praise the power of PC lol. Like you said, not everyone can afford high end hardware.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@alcapello said:

Smart phones and tablets are costing the PC market actually. Not consoles.

Sony already on it.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

They aren't costing the PC gaming market which goes from strength to strength but definetely the practical side of the market and the market overall.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 intotheminx

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@intotheminx said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@farrell2k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Steam Survey

maybe the age is changing i dont know, or maybe it depends on the region. europe is supposed to be pc gaming central but i dont know many people who game at all on pc, my friends are all casual console gamers who never have heard of steam yet spend hours playing fifa/cod and get very competitive in games when i play against them.

i guess there is no real definition of hardcore gamers, what i would classify as hardcore is someone who follows the industry. i have nvidia 9800 gfx card which sucks and is out of date but i consider my self to be pretty hardcore gaming person.

My old rig has a 9800 in it. That's actually not a bad card and lasted me several years. I was able to play Dayz, Tomb Raider, and such on it...not maxed out, but it was playable at medium-low settings. You should upgrade though lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 HalcyonScarlet
@LJS9502_basic said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That doesn't mean we have to hear people whine about things that they are in control of themselves. Seriously who is forcing him to game on a console? One of the reasons these forums are dying is threads like this.

No, these forums are dying because the mods said 'ya know what, do what you want'.

The points in the op are valid. It wasn't about consoles vs PC regardless of what it might have turned into. And console gamers can say if they aren't happy about the direction consoles are going in.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ghostwarrior786

@intotheminx: its pretty good card for older games but it is sucking balls with the new releases. cant even get stable 30fps on titanfall. im going to upgrade mid way into the gen, right now i want to buy x1.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@farrell2k said:

@intotheminx said:

Steam Survey

Blah, hermits are just in denial. Most PC sales were laptops and netbooks, and not many of them are capable enough to be called "gaming PCs". If I read this correctly, desktop PCs in 2012, and that number is bound to be even smaller now, represented less than 7% of all PC sales. Hermits be trippin'.

That's just desktop shipments. That wouldn't take into consideration PCs people build

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#98  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

The consoles of today are just child safe PCs.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

Well, I do agree in a way. And that is why I've only gone for Wii U so far.

I mean the Xbone and PS4 require me to pay if I want to enjoy my games online.

That is a serious mess to me. No way am I going to pay for 2 subscriptions, I'm even debating if I want to pay one.

Why are they locking away half of my game behind a paywall ? Oh, right, because Sony needed money and now they are making a profit again.

But how does this benefit me as a consumer ? Oh, right, I'll get 'free' games that I get to keep as long as I keep paying.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#100 Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's system wars

Are you shittin' me?