CONFIRMED: Sony has cancelled The Last Guardian

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by FastRobby (1050 posts) -

Well this would suck for PS4 owners...

the last guardian все, пацаны

— andtheniwaslikeYES (@proof_of_youth) June 7, 2014Есть легитимный слух, что The Last Guardian отменен.

— Peter Salnikoff (@blessmepadre) June 7, 2014Translation:

The Last Guardian is over, boys

There is a legitimate rumor that The Last Guardian has been canceled.

Source

They told you to wait for greatness, they never said when it was coming, so no harm done by Sony...

#2 Posted by clyde46 (44209 posts) -

I hope it was a quick kill.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

I'll wait for something official.

#4 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

Sony's E3 keeps getting worse. At this point they should just cancel.......................

#5 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1047 posts) -

I hope to god it's not.

#6 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

What? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

#7 Posted by Flubbbs (2916 posts) -

doubt thats true.. Sony just recently said it was in development

#8 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

Also if DriveClubzz gets delayed for the 5th time, isn't it a rule it has to be canceled? LOL,

#9 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2314 posts) -

Greatness truly awaits .

Will suck if true , but then again it's Sony , so not surprising . They always build hype by lying and showing pre rendered stuff . Still this will be sad news if true .

#10 Posted by Vatusus (4368 posts) -

At this point, it better be. As a fan of Team ICO and SOTC being my favorite game ever, my hype for TLG has died a loooong time ago. I mean, the game was unveiled in 2009... 5 fvckin years and no news whatsoever. Team ICO should move on to somethin else, though without Fumito Ueda, I doubt it'll ever be the same. :(

#11 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2314 posts) -

Also if DriveClubzz gets delayed for the 5th time, isn't it a rule it has to be canceled? LOL,

Lol , nice gif .

#12 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26164 posts) -

If true, I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner. Hell, the dev from Team ICO is in "please understand" mode with that game.

#13 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6691 posts) -

Cows are going to be in tears. And it will be hilarious.

#14 Posted by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

verry credible source you have sir

#15 Posted by Desmonic (13200 posts) -

lol I thought lems didn't believe in rumours! :D

Anyway, time will tell. Wouldn't be surprising if true to be honest.

#16 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19866 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: Comments like this make me think there aren't many actual gamers here.

#17 Posted by FastRobby (1050 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never said this was all true, I said it WOULD suck. Indicating that if it was true, which I don't know, it would suck.

#18 Posted by Shewgenja (8354 posts) -

We won't have to wait long to find out in all likelihood. For the next 48 hours, anything that doesn't come from Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony is just clicks and whistles. I love the rumor mill, but it's going to be a site hit generation machine on over drive between now and the conferences.

#19 Posted by blackace (20082 posts) -

Agreed. If we don't hear anything from Sony or see it at Sony's conference, then I would be a little worried. This game should be shown in all it's glory after being in development for over 4 years now.

#20 Posted by Shewgenja (8354 posts) -

@blackace said:
@freedomfreak said:

Agreed. If we don't hear anything from Sony or see it at Sony's conference, then I would be a little worried. This game should be shown in all it's glory after being in development for over 4 years now.

I'm willing to wait til Tokyo Game Show.

#21 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Don't shoot the messenger. I've never said this was all true, I said it WOULD suck. Indicating that if it was true, which I don't know, it would suck.

Dat denial Iglz. Kinda reminds me of the Out of Order: 1887 meltdown you had. Hang in there, things will get better for the PS4. I am sure you will have all the indies you can handle soon. LULZ.

#22 Posted by blackace (20082 posts) -

LMAO!!

It's such a perfect day. I'm glad I spent it with you. Hehehe!!

Hype Dancing

#23 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

@blackace said:
@freedomfreak said:

Last Guradianz kinda reminds me of this game at this point. Remember Huxley? I had high hopes for it and it eventually faded into the sunset.

#24 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

@blackace said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

LMAO!!

It's such a perfect day. I'm glad I spent it with you. Hehehe!!

The best part..............watch the last few coins Sony has flying out of Kaz's pocket. Priceless.

#25 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29086 posts) -

Will wait for an official announcement. This would be about the worst thing next to HL3 getting cancelled.

#26 Posted by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: says the guy with a broken hardware LULz also how is kinect going ? haha

did you know that on average ps4 has more and better games than XposBone ? i guess not, now you know! LULz

#27 Posted by AzatiS (7158 posts) -

Cows are going to be in tears. And it will be hilarious.

more than lemmings and sheeps !? No way !

#28 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Who's gonna believe a ruskie

?

#29 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@FoxbatAlpha: says the guy with a broken hardware LULz also how is kinect going ? haha

did you know that on average ps4 has more and better games than XposBone ? i guess not, now you know! LULz

broken hardware? Oh i gotta hear this.

#30 Posted by clyde46 (44209 posts) -

@blackace said:
@freedomfreak said:

Last Guradianz kinda reminds me of this game at this point. Remember Huxley? I had high hopes for it and it eventually faded into the sunset.

What the hell happened to that game?

#31 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11278 posts) -

lol @ "legitimate rumor"

#32 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@blackace said:
@freedomfreak said:

What the hell happened to that game?

I remember someone else bought the game or the studio to take over. I thought it got a new lease on life but it quickly died after they released some damn good gameplay.

#33 Posted by blackace (20082 posts) -

@blackace said:
@freedomfreak said:

I remember. It was suppose to come to the XBox 360, but ended up staying in Korea. It did make it to open beta, but was never released to retail from what I'm reading on it's Wikipedia page. The game's servers were pulled in Dec 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huxley_%28video_game%29

Hopefully The Last Guardian doesn't get cancelled. I'm eager to play that game.

#34 Posted by foxhound_fox (87396 posts) -

I didn't know Team ICO had a Russian division.

#35 Posted by AM-Gamer (3532 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha: Lmao God you are in meltdown mode. Grasping for rumors as your weak console gets stomped in in sales.

#36 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38211 posts) -

Seems legit

#37 Edited by FastRobby (1050 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Lmao God you are in meltdown mode. Grasping for rumors as your weak console gets stomped in in sales.

Why should an individual care about how "weak" the console is and "bad" the sales, when the best games are on the "weaker" console, with "less" sales. You could say: multiplayer. But there are enough sales to enjoy multiplayer. But keep playing them indies that are fun for 30 minutes, and have barely any replay value

#38 Edited by lamprey263 (22874 posts) -

yeah, last place I'll go looking for legitimate proof is some Slav's Twitter

#39 Edited by Boddicker (2448 posts) -

#40 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13152 posts) -

yeah, last place I'll go looking for legitimate proof is some Slav's Twitter

#41 Posted by AM-Gamer (3532 posts) -

@FastRobby: Except 99% of the games are the same they just look and run better on one console. And best games? Enjoy Halo , Gears and inferior multiplats. There has been nothing MS has announced exclusively that puts it ahead of the PS4.

#42 Posted by FastRobby (1050 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@FastRobby: Except 99% of the games are the same they just look and run better on one console. And best games? Enjoy Halo , Gears and inferior multiplats. There has been nothing MS has announced exclusively that puts it ahead of the PS4.

Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Halo, Gears of War, Forza and Forza Horizon, oh yeah and we are expecting atleast 3 new IP's at E3. While Sony has delivered Infamous, we can expect Uncharted 4, Drive Club, that's it?

#43 Posted by clone01 (24411 posts) -

Same...I wouldn't be surprised either way.

#44 Posted by finalstar2007 (24899 posts) -

Seems very legit.

time to buy an xbox one! all hail..ahh... forza? lmfao

#45 Edited by AM-Gamer (3532 posts) -

@FastRobby: You forgot God of war,The order 1886, project beast and new ips from gurilla.

#46 Posted by Gue1 (9456 posts) -

at last year's E3 Tretton said they weren't working on it anymore but after the backslash Shu came up with his damage control....

#47 Posted by g0ddyX (3889 posts) -

Do we actually have or know anything of the game since that old trailer?
The game already has haters lol.
I hope Team Ico do deliver something good next gen, the last guardian or not.

#48 Posted by kuu2 (6888 posts) -

Rumor, but did any of you Cows really believe that this vaporware was a real title?

#49 Posted by Alcapello (682 posts) -

Don't forget Agent.

#50 Posted by FastRobby (1050 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@FastRobby: You forgot God of war,The order 1886, project beast and new ips from gurilla.

We haven's seen anything from God of War, Project beast, new IP of Guerilla... Seriously at the moment Microsoft just has more real games as exclusives. This was at launch, and during this year, it's even expanding into more. The whole gaming media said that Xbox One had the best launch line-up. Well for PS4 not enough decent real games have joined the list of good available titles...