Confirmd New Wild Arms game in the works with Sony

• 56 results
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

Edit: the full interview reveals that the Wild Arms developers are working closely with Sony in a new Wild Arms title and seeing how Sony have clearly said they want the next game to be on PS4 and Vita could this be the next Wild Arms game on PS4?

its been over 8 years since the last Wilds Arms game.

interview:

I read this week’s Famitsu.

It really brings me pleasure to hear that there are people who will always be waiting for the next title.

And the results from this week’s special article is thanks to all of you guys who submitted your votes…

I want to let you know that,it’s been six years and eight months since the release of Wild Arms XF, and since then, I’ve been working behind the scenes, together with Nishijima (Taku Nishijima) and Motomura (Kentaro), two great friends from SCE, to whom I’m very grateful.

While we were able to get very nice results this time [from the Famitsu ballot,] this is just the beginning. We barely just stepped off the start line, and the actual finish line is a little farther ahead.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/04/new-wild-arms-works-still-far-awaya/#PKB2syld2JXyhPl4.99

An interesting interview with Sony in the Japanese magazine Famitsu Sony noticed that Wild Arms have ranked pretty high in what people would mostly want to see coming on Sony systems and sony's reply:

Motomura-san mentioned that he’d definitely like to explore the possibility of one day bringing the adventures of the “migratory birds” to PS4 and PS Vita, also asking readers to support the idea.

Sony suggests that gamers should support the idea to make it happen.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/03/wild-arms-producer-would-like-to-bring-series-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-at-work-on-unannounced-game/

The last game Sony released with the Wild Arms devs was Jeanne d’Arc which was truly an amazing game on the PSP. ( which you can see below )

#2 Posted by Ghost120x (3790 posts) -

That reminds me I need to buy that game. I could get it really cheap for my psp but I hate umd's and I'm not sure if it is digital on vita. I'm not a big fan of wild arms but I might try XF on psp. I have the first one and it's pretty good but at the same time extremely dated.

But first I have to finish bravely default, Tales of sympohnia HD and FFX before I commit to another rpg. Having two jobs and going to college sucks. ;(

#3 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

That game brings back memories.

#4 Posted by 06 (926 posts) -

Please Sony do this! Wild arms was my first RPG and my favorite series. Who could forget "Into the wilderness".

#5 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

That would be pretty neato actually, although I'd be kind of skeptical after how meh both Wld Arms 4 and 5 turned out, and how I disliked the PSP Wild Arms game. If this new game was as good as Wild Arms 1 or 3 though, I'd totally be on board.

#6 Posted by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

That would be pretty neato actually, although I'd be kind of skeptical after how meh both Wld Arms 4 and 5 turned out, and how I disliked the PSP Wild Arms game. If this new game was as good as Wild Arms 1 or 3 though, I'd totally be on board.

Something like Jeanne d’Arc would be truly amazing

#7 Posted by cheesie253 (840 posts) -

Yes please! One of the few RPG I would love to play again.

#8 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

Oh that'd be awesome, really liked wild arms 3 on the PS2!

#9 Edited by slaves (1204 posts) -

That would be awesome

#10 Edited by Shewgenja (8753 posts) -

That would seriously kick all manners of ass if they do this!

#11 Posted by stuff238 (618 posts) -

Wild arms 3 or 4 was amazing on the PS2. I can't remember which one I played. I loved the game though and would buy another wild arms game for PS4 if it was available.

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (7400 posts) -

lol JRPG's. Cows are desperate for games.

#13 Edited by Heil68 (43921 posts) -

SONY is catering it business to the gamers and have since its reveal of the PS4.

#14 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6679 posts) -

Sony "we would love to have money and not be on the verge of complete failure"

#15 Posted by RR360DD (11765 posts) -

Too bad they're laying off all their devs and have no one left to actually develop it :(

#16 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

just what sony needs, a dated turn based rpg to go along with the other 15 that have come out in the last few years and nobody bought.

#17 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1937 posts) -

Sony talking about more games while MS talking more halo tv. :(

#18 Posted by blackace (20548 posts) -

I have a bunch of Wild Arms games that I've never finished. Don't know If I'll ever touch them again. They are packed up in storage somewhere. lol!! I'm dreading getting rid of my older game collection, but I know I have to.

#19 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28379 posts) -

It depends on what they do, I'd like to see a rather generous remake of wild arms 1 and 2 ?3-6? weren't very good compared in terms of story.

Or even a prequel to wild arms 1.

#20 Posted by Kashiwaba (7381 posts) -

@Riverwolf007:

The last home console classic turn based RPG was lost odyssey if I'm not mistaken. So having a new good one is always welcomed better than the non stopping floods of fps game when we've been getting every year.

#21 Edited by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

Yes please! Would be a day 1 for me!

#22 Posted by lundy86_4 (43194 posts) -

I never played a Wild Arms game.

#23 Posted by MrYaotubo (2678 posts) -

I would rather see them bring good games instead.

#24 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

Only if Sony puts the money for developing it

then yea.

#25 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13802 posts) -

Sony, just layer on the Japanese support. Please.

Give us an island in this ocean of dudebro.

#26 Posted by Basinboy (11084 posts) -

Wild Arms...

Now there's some videogame history for ya. I greatly enjoyed WA2, albeit it certainly felt dated even at the time of its release.

#27 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8524 posts) -

Never played any of them but I do remember them from reviews in magazines from 1990s. That being said, it's kind of desperate to hype it as it has never been top series of its genre. Would Vandal Hearts get similar reaction? I actually played this one.

#28 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

Only played the first but the game was excellent.

#29 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Yes please! One of the few RPG I would love to play again.

#30 Posted by KBFloYd (13413 posts) -

wow...wild arms..awesome

lol

#31 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5286 posts) -

Never played any of them but I do remember them from reviews in magazines from 1990s. That being said, it's kind of desperate to hype it as it has never been top series of its genre. Would Vandal Hearts get similar reaction? I actually played this one.

It would by me... I loved Vandel Hearts 1 and 2 on ps1. I loved that viseral flow of blood that came out when you severed an enemy's limb or head... In pixel 2d graphcis, it was glorious. The skill and jobs for all the characters. It was a mature non anime srpg made by Konami. Back then there was a lot of jrpgs that didn't feel Japanese... hell I didn't even know they were "j"rpgs until years later. Not so with the PS3 gen where everything had prepubescant scantly clad girls and high pitched voices... The jrpgs of the ps1 transcended regions and were phenomenal

#32 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8524 posts) -

I actually also enjoyed Vandal Hearts and this is coming from someone who can't digest weeaboos.

#33 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7125 posts) -

They should put the game on the Vita.

#34 Edited by jsmoke03 (12837 posts) -

at least give a remake so i can catch up....lol never played any of the games before

#35 Posted by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

Looks like the next WR game is indeed in the works!

heres hoping a PS4 title! and hopefully we get to see it revealed this TGS

#36 Edited by voljin1987 (709 posts) -

wasnt jeanne d'arc by level 5?

#37 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2415 posts) -

I thought rehashes were bad :O

#38 Posted by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

wasnt jeanne d'arc by level 5?

Sony was the publisher.

#39 Edited by Gue1 (9740 posts) -

the only Wild Arms game that I have ever liked was the remake of the first one on PS2, Wild Arms Arms Alter Code F, but this is good that Sony dares to make 1st party JRPG games for consoles again. It seems they are in on this gen to provide variety instead of a bunch of shooters like they did last gen, and to be honest, I thought this was impossible.

Although I'm not sure if this will be for Vita or PS4? If it's only for Vita then my comment is void.

#40 Posted by ChronosChris (235 posts) -
#41 Posted by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

I thought rehashes were bad :O

Its been over 8 years since the last WR game came out which was on PS2.

#42 Posted by kingtito (4903 posts) -

Sony talking about more games while MS talking more halo tv. :(

So in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with MS, you felt the need to bring them up? You sound more and more like a butthurt cow. What did MS do to you to get you so butthurt kid? Maybe you're just a loser that hates for the sake of hating? Yeah I think that's it.

Run along you joke, your butthurt is showing.

#43 Edited by nini200 (9680 posts) -

It depends on what they do, I'd like to see a rather generous remake of wild arms 1 and 2 ?3-6? weren't very good compared in terms of story.

Or even a prequel to wild arms 1.

Agreed, although I did somewhat like 4 but 1 and 2 were the best in the series bar none.

#44 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

Wild Arms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TLHBO, TSHBO, THHBO

#45 Posted by DocSanchez (1587 posts) -

A western themed fantasy JRPG with next gen graphics. Yes please. Obligatory Ennio Morricone inspired soundtrack would be good.

#46 Edited by VendettaRed07 (14003 posts) -

Oh HELL yes.

Ever since Mark Cerny talked about the ease of development for the PS4, vs. the older systems.. These are the types of games I wanted to hear announced. Big JRPGs, under titles that perhaps aren't super marketable like Final Fantasy.. Last gen they would have taken years just to get the tech working right for it, to the point where developers where just to intimidated so they put anything interesting like that on the handhelds.

#47 Posted by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

Oh HELL yes.

Ever since Mark Cerny talked about the ease of development for the PS4, vs. the older systems.. These are the types of games I wanted to hear announced. Big JRPGs, under titles that perhaps aren't super marketable like Final Fantasy.. Last gen they would have taken years just to get the tech working right for it, to the point where developers where just to intimidated so they put anything interesting like that on the handhelds.

Im expecting to see some PS2 level games to come on out on this PS4 this gen.

#48 Posted by VendettaRed07 (14003 posts) -

@VendettaRed07 said:

Oh HELL yes.

Im expecting to see some PS2 level games to come on out on this PS4 this gen.

My hope as well. Games that are just that; games. There was nothing wrong with the philosophy that developers had when making psone/ps2 games. Just need some tweaking to bring them more up to date. 3D platformers, RPGs, adventure games.. All of that.. We've been missing so badly. Not everything has to push tech or be cinematic and marketable. Games can be simple, fun like Crash, and Spyro. JRPGs don't need to have ridiculous battle systems, or 20 million dollar cut-scenes.. Story is most important, how you tell it is secondary.. No need to do things differently just for the sake of HD, etc.

#49 Edited by HAZE-Unit (10464 posts) -

Praise the lord blazer. bring me a sequel/prequel or anything related to Wild Arms 2.

just look at his design, he appears at the start of that intro.

loved the characters and that 2nd intro was great, the music of the series overall is one of greatest ever.

plus it had optional bosses which is always a plus for games, they were hard as fuck to beat, needed to get special weapons and grind a lot to beat one them.

#50 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28379 posts) -

Praise the lord blazer. bring me a sequel/prequel or anything related to Wild Arms 2.

just look at his design, he appears at the start of that intro.

loved the characters and that 2nd intro was great, the music in that series is one of greatest ever.

plus it had optional bosses which is always a plus for games, they were hard as fuck to beat, needed to get special weapons and grind a lot to beat one them.

I could dig this, wild arms 1 and 2 were the truly great ones 3...etc not so much.