Concept Art on Warren Spector's (Deus Ex creator) Steampunk Mickey Mouse Epic!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by VideoGameGuy (7695 posts) -
It's kinda funny that everything about this game screams it should be on the Wii (disney, style, graphics, audience etc.) and yet people are complaining its coming to the Wii?
#202 Posted by hy4k (1790 posts) -
i'm hoping they take visual cues from galaxy if they're doing it normally. but ideally i want it to be cel shaded in a new style, kind of like a watercolour painting or something if you're concerned about the resolution buy a TV with a decent upscaler like thunderdrone said. most of the games on the 360/PS3 run at low resolutions anyway, so it's a bit late to be crying about hd if you wanted to play games in hd you should have bought a PC not a bunch of 5 year old PC parts dressed up as a console
#203 Posted by KingsMessenger (2570 posts) -

To all you complaining about the graphics and style on the Wii. You do realize Pixar is working on this right? Do you really think they would create a world that was not perfectly polished. Look at what nintendo did with SMG. Combine Spector, Disney Interactive, Pixar and the power of cellshading and you will have an amazing looking game. I am certain this game can surpass SMG on every level with the amount of talent working on it.

Captain_Lorelli
When did Pixar get involved? Last I heard it was Junction Point(Warren Spector's company) working on the game without much outside influence from Disney besides getting the OK for everything. Disney Interactive is just publishing, and nothing is known about the rendering engine that they are using, so you can't say anything certain in regards to cel-shading. All that is known is that the game exists, is supposedly a platformer, and has some great concept art. Other than that, nothing you said is true(to my knowledge... who knows, maybe I missed something).
#204 Posted by hy4k (1790 posts) -
[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"] When did Pixar get involved? Last I heard it was Junction Point(Warren Spector's company) working on the game without much outside influence from Disney besides getting the OK for everything. Disney Interactive is just publishing, and nothing is known about the rendering engine that they are using, so you can't say anything certain in regards to cel-shading. All that is known is that the game exists, is supposedly a platformer, and has some great concept art. Other than that, nothing you said is true(to my knowledge... who knows, maybe I missed something).

in 2006 spector said he was working on a disney project with pixar lo and behold
#205 Posted by KingsMessenger (2570 posts) -
[QUOTE="hy4k"][QUOTE="KingsMessenger"] When did Pixar get involved? Last I heard it was Junction Point(Warren Spector's company) working on the game without much outside influence from Disney besides getting the OK for everything. Disney Interactive is just publishing, and nothing is known about the rendering engine that they are using, so you can't say anything certain in regards to cel-shading. All that is known is that the game exists, is supposedly a platformer, and has some great concept art. Other than that, nothing you said is true(to my knowledge... who knows, maybe I missed something).

in 2006 spector said he was working on a disney project with pixar lo and behold

really? Hmmm... I didn't know that. I did know that Junction Point was acquired in 2007 by Disney Interactive not long after Disney Interactive acquired Black Rock Studio(makers of Pure). And I know part of the reason for that was a game that Junction Point was working on, but I was unaware that Pixar had been involved before that.
#206 Posted by hy4k (1790 posts) -
[QUOTE="KingsMessenger"] really? Hmmm... I didn't know that. I did know that Junction Point was acquired in 2007 by Disney Interactive not long after Disney Interactive acquired Black Rock Studio(makers of Pure). And I know part of the reason for that was a game that Junction Point was working on, but I was unaware that Pixar had been involved before that.

yeah, they were involved in the coneptual stages no idea whats happening now though. they're probably making it with him
#207 Posted by Thunderdrone (5532 posts) -

[QUOTE="hy4k"][QUOTE="KingsMessenger"] When did Pixar get involved? Last I heard it was Junction Point(Warren Spector's company) working on the game without much outside influence from Disney besides getting the OK for everything. Disney Interactive is just publishing, and nothing is known about the rendering engine that they are using, so you can't say anything certain in regards to cel-shading. All that is known is that the game exists, is supposedly a platformer, and has some great concept art. Other than that, nothing you said is true(to my knowledge... who knows, maybe I missed something).KingsMessenger

really? Hmmm... I didn't know that. I did know that Junction Point was acquired in 2007 by Disney Interactive not long after Disney Interactive acquired Black Rock Studio(makers of Pure). And I know part of the reason for that was a game that Junction Point was working on, but I was unaware that Pixar had been involved before that.

John Lasseter (of pixar fame) is VERY influential within Disney's creative decisions and general direction.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if this game got his seal of approval and started its life from there. Pré- Pixar takeover Disney would never be so keen on this kind of creative liberties being taken with their properties.

This reeks of Pixar influence, maybe not on the product itself but by the fact that it actually got greenlit at all.

#208 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

Wii exclusive!!!

#209 Posted by longtonguecat (2495 posts) -

Hmm. If this is Wii only, I may just get or borrow someones Wii. :P

#210 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20493 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]You know, some things are just too awesome to be real. This is one of them. No way would Disney ever allow this.

I agree...its too "dark" me thinks
#211 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19988 posts) -
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]You know, some things are just too awesome to be real. This is one of them. No way would Disney ever allow this.

It is real though...Game Informer's next issue has a cover story.
#212 Posted by Mordred19 (8259 posts) -

[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]You know, some things are just too awesome to be real. This is one of them. No way would Disney ever allow this. AAllxxjjnn

yeah but I'm not seeing any gory zombie cyborgs on that cover art :P

seriously, maybe the final game had to be "cleaned up" compared to what the original concept art implied.

#213 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
[QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]You know, some things are just too awesome to be real. This is one of them. No way would Disney ever allow this.

disney does not shy away from the dark, hell up had some dark themes
#214 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]You know, some things are just too awesome to be real. This is one of them. No way would Disney ever allow this.

I think "grotesque" is a more apt term for some of that art.
#215 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20493 posts) -
[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]You know, some things are just too awesome to be real. This is one of them. No way would Disney ever allow this.

well then, color me excited :D
#216 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="II_Seraphim_II"] I agree...its too "dark" me thinks

i see nothing in those pics worse then a nightmare before christmas
#217 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"] disney does not shy away from the dark, hell up had some dark themes

The Nightmare Before Christmas didn't involve Disney cartoon characters. And you have to admit that the Dumbo thing with scythes for feet is pretty ****ed up.
#218 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] I think "grotesque" is a more apt term for some of that art.

The Nightmare Before Christmas didn't involve Disney cartoon characters. And you have to admit that the Dumbo thing with scythes for feet is pretty ****ed up.

so was dumbo, opium trips all around, still you think its worse then the theme park on the back of the whale from pinocchio?
#219 Posted by Thunderdrone (5532 posts) -
Phoenix Down cast. Thread revived!! go dark Mickey
#220 Posted by Thunderdrone (5532 posts) -

Lets gather all the pretty in one post:

#221 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
there seems to be a lot of "thinner" in the art and mickey has a brush.... how will the gameplay be?
#222 Posted by Ratchet_Fan8 (5544 posts) -
sheep hyping MICKEY?? seriously....? this game was announced yesterday,and is coming already next month ...? lmao
#223 Posted by surrealnumber5 (23044 posts) -
sheep hyping MICKEY?? seriously....? this game was announced yesterday,and is coming already next month ...? lmao Ratchet_Fan8
says "Ratchet_fan8"? lmao that was a good one
#224 Posted by Thunderdrone (5532 posts) -
this game was announced yesterday,Ratchet_Fan8
wat
and is coming already next month ...? lmao Ratchet_Fan8
wat Do you put any thought whatsoever in your posts, or does it just roll out as your fists mash the keyboard?
#225 Posted by glenn2709 (1719 posts) -
I certainly have interests in this game, but no interests in getting a Wii.
#226 Posted by dylanmcc (2512 posts) -

my first thought: Tim burton's interpretation on Disney AKA, they look freaking awesomefunsohng
I thought the exact same thing.

#227 Posted by Thunderdrone (5532 posts) -
there seems to be a lot of "thinner" in the art and mickey has a brush.... how will the gameplay be?surrealnumber5
The games premise seems to revolve around old, forgotten Disney characters plotting revenge against Mickey's domain, They seem to be draining all the color of "modern" Disney world, maybe to try and bring back to glory their original black and white habitat. I'm also taking a safe bet by saying that Mickey will try to undo this by, and i quote a rumor, " re-painting the world and re-drawing entire levels", hence the brush. It was also rumored as a Mario Galaxy contestant, i believe. Cant wait!!!