Concept Art on Warren Spector's (Deus Ex creator) Steampunk Mickey Mouse Epic!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 hy4k
Member since 2009 • 1790 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....

galaxy was stunning i understand what you;re saying but it'll look fine if it's on wii. i juts hope it gets made
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="hy4k"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....

galaxy was stunning i understand what you;re saying but it'll look fine if it's on wii. i juts hope it gets made

I'll wait until I see some videos or screenshots to judge, but I'd just feel a bit more assured right now if it was on a different platform. But yeah, I'd take a Wii version over nothing.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]/p>

Not sure I agree with that but the wii probably has the best audience for this all things considered.

hy4k

there's no way in hell lemmings are buying a disney game there's no way in hell cows are buying any game

Cause most of the hardcore attempts on wii have fallen flat. Sales wise of course. THe only game I can think of is mario galaxy that sold very well.

finalfantasy94

this is hardcore in the same way galaxy is hardcore. it's not call of duty

cows dont buy games period, and lemmings aren't touching anything that isn't an adolescent male power fantasy

Let's not be silly. It could sell on the PS3 and 360 iif the effort was put in. The whole cows don't buy games thing is old (and wrong) and the 360 fans buying habits aren't restricted to only adolescent male power fantasy even if in general terms, that is what sells best. Let's not be ridiculous here.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

If this is a Wii exclusive, this game is going to suck. Heavily.

But otherwise, concept art looks incredible.

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#105 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....

Is this your first gen playing games?
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ActicEdge

IgGy621985

I'm glad to know we as gamers have such open minds :|

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

I hope the Wii will do the concept art justice. No offense to Wii owners or anything, just having see too many Wii 3D games that have completely mind blowing. There have been some good looking games on it like SMG but not in comparison to the HD consoles. I have no doubt it will look great just hope it does this amazing concept art justice.

Thunderdrone

If Namco bandai managed to make the under the radar/"low budget" game "Fragile" look like this on the Wii...

... i'm shure Specter can cook something better with a higher budget and proper ambition (and it looks like a very ambitious project)

was going to say the same thing

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....

Absolutely.
DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DeadEndPanda

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

ActicEdge

I'm glad to know we as gamers have such open minds :|

let me be the first to say,

ignorant people is ignorant

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#110 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

IgGy621985

Sounds like you need to come out of a tiny box in your mind.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
It's on the Wii?! Holy balls indeed. :o
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"] But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....

Absolutely.

There so much a gamer misses by being closed minded...there are so many great games on all systems. Don't worry so much about graphics.There are so many games on the Wii you will not be able to play if you limit yourself to just the 360 or PS3.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 pyromaniac223
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="HarlockJC"] Is this your first gen playing games?

Absolutely.

There so much a gamer misses by being closed minded...there are so many great games on all systems. Don't worry so much about graphics.There are so many games on the Wii you will not be able to play if you limit yourself to just the 360 or PS3.

I own a wii. I very much enjoy it. I know that the wii version of this will be amazing. But I don't want it to be just amazing, I want it to be a transcendent aesthetic experience, and higher visual fidelity will only help that.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

looks cool maybe il have a wii by then

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DeadEndPanda

i think it would be even cooler if they took pices of this game into the next kingdomhearts too =D

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

789shadow

Sounds like you need to come out of a tiny box in your mind.

I'd really like this game to succeed, but hordes of Wii Sports, Mario titles and huge flops somehow tell me to be really caucious regarding future Wii titles.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
This seems a bit too good to be true >_>
sethman410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 sethman410
Member since 2008 • 2967 Posts
the 2nd and 3rd are epic
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Exclusively for the Wii? Lame, i wanted to see awesome lighting and shadows.
SoulEater30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 SoulEater30
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

Exclusively for the Wii? Lame, i wanted to see awesome lighting and shadows.AAllxxjjnn
Same here dude! Lighting and shadows = Great gameplay. :D

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

But that was a completely different artstyle. If this is going to be 2d, fine, but I'd still like it to be in HD. If it's 3d, then my god, the jaggies....pyromaniac223

My god the jaggies? Buy a decent HDTV.

I've been hearing the "omg jaggies" cry alot lately, maybe i should take some pics of my set-up to put your crappy made in china movie-boxes to shame.

Seriously make sure it has a decent upscaler. THATS the key to Wii heaven. And if you dont even have component cables hooked up dont even bother criticizing (you'd be surprised how many of these supposedly unsatisfied Wii owners dont even have proper set-ups)

Exclusively for the Wii? Lame, i wanted to see awesome lighting and shadows.AAllxxjjnn

Bummer i know. Not having a Wii will really make it hard for you to see anything at all

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hy4k

Let's not be silly. It could sell on the PS3 and 360 iif the effort was put in. The whole cows don't buy games thing is old (and wrong) and the 360 fans buying habits aren't restricted to only adolescent male power fantasy even if in general terms, that is what sells best. Let's not be ridiculous here.

ActicEdge

no. no it couldn't

if you examine sales trends then it's clear what kinds of software sells on 360/ps3 and it isn't cartoony or imaginitivestuff.see the failure of banjo, viva pinata 2, LBP before being heavily discounted and ratchet/viva pinata before being bundled

you'd have to be deaf , dumb and blind to release a mickey mouse game on the 360. and the PS3 isn't really a healthy environemnt for any software

cartoony stuff like mario , de blob,sonic, rayman has sold very well on the wii. a high quality mickey mouse platformer will break a million easily

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

hy4k

no. no it couldn't

if you examine sales trends then it's clear what kinds of software sells on 360/ps3 and it isn't cartoony or imaginitivestuff.see the failure of banjo, viva pinata 2, LBP before being heavily discounted and ratchet/viva pinata before being bundled

you'd have to be deaf , dumb and blind to release a mickey mouse game on the 360. and the PS3 isn't really a healthy environemnt for any software

cartoony stuff like mario , de blob,sonic, rayman has sold very well on the wii. a high quality mickey mouse platformer will break a million easily

Banjo sold half a mill, VP2 did bomb, LBP sold 2 million. Rachet sold a million before being bundled. The wii is the best choice for a mickey game but with the right advertising you could sell this on the PS3/360. Also, there have been tons of colourful imaginative wii games that have met lukewarm reception. Let's not be one sided here.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 hy4k

Banjo sold half a mill, VP2 did bomb, LBP sold 2 million. Rachet sold a million before being bundled. The wii is the best choice for a mickey game but with the right advertising you could sell this on the PS3/360. Also, there have been tons of colourful imaginative wii games that have met lukewarm reception. Let's not be one sided here.

ActicEdge

where are you getting these figures from? if you even mention VGChartz you best stop posting

Banjo sold 294k in its first two months on NPD then dropped off. It didn't chart in Japan.

Ratchet and Clank sold 140k in its first 2 months on NPD then dropped off. It sold 40k in Japan.

LBP sold 670k lifetime in US, 100k in Japan.

and once again, de blob was a new ip and it sold 800k on wii. sonic 1.2 million at launch years ago. Galaxy 8 million+. all of them had a fraction of the budget of those PS3/360 gamesand sold better than they ever would on those systems

so tell me again what the smart option is

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

Is it safe to assume this probably wont be pure platforming? Judging by the art, those baddies arent going to go down with just a bop to the head:P

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#127 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Looks inspired, but as a massive Disney fan, it saddens me heart. I can understand why everyone else is excited though. Which young male wouldn't want to see Mickey thrown into a dark, grimy, muddy brown world?

I could stomach Kingdom Hearts, but something as heavy as this? Dunno if even Maleficent could survive such a depressing setting, let alone the less evil Disney characters.

I would've liked it better if Warren Spector made a Mario-rivalling platformer in Mickey's own domain. Cliché setting? Yeah, but Disney has always done cliché right.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

hy4k

where are you getting these figures from? if you even mention VGChartz you best stop posting

Banjo sold 294k in its first two months on NPD then dropped off. It didn't chart in Japan.

Ratchet and Clank sold 140k in its first 2 months on NPD then dropped off. It sold 40k in Japan.

LBP sold 670k lifetime in US, 100k in Japan.

and once again, de blob was a new ip and it sold 800k on wii. sonic 1.2 million at launch years ago. Galaxy 8 million+. all of them had a fraction of the budget of those PS3/360 gamesand sold better than they ever would on those systems

so tell me again what the smart option is

So its your numbers vs mine. Baiscally though, all my info is from leaked NDP and official releases. And no, I sure as hell am not using VG chartz. Also, Europe exists, lets not pretend it doesn't.

Sony releasesed LBP at 2 million, Banjo was half a million in US alone through leaked NDP and Sony announced Rachet at a million. Now by contrast, THQ has said de blob is at 700k through officia release. Sonic over a million is from Sega. Galaxy is Mario. Its basica;;y not worth discussing, it was bound to sell regardless of system. So you tell me, why isn't it a decent option?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

hy4k

no. no it couldn't

Well from what I see its not going for the cartoony feel. It seems a bit dark. Also you mentioned mario,de blob and raymen and that they sell well on wii. Could that be because they are *GASP* exclusive to it. I know there was that one raymen game on 360,but that was just a dumb mistake. After all its a party game built for wii.Also you just hate the ps3. Sorry just had to put that out there.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Thunderdrone

DAM thats more ruthless then being judge by judge dreadfinalfantasy94

Thats how you keep your house clean ;)

Theres a reason GAF is so influent in the industry. You also wont see big industry insiders and developers posting anywhere else, if you're lucky you'l even see them get banned too (Denis Dyack/Too Human scandal) :lol:

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#134 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]DAM thats more ruthless then being judge by judge dreadThunderdrone

Theres a reason GAF is so influent in the industry. You also wont see big industry insiders and developers posting anywhere else, if you're lucky you'l even see them get banned too (Denis Dyack/Too Human scandal) :lol:

I still cant believe he was banned. Thats one for the gaming history books.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Exclusively for the Wii? Lame, i wanted to see awesome lighting and shadows.Thunderdrone

Bummer i know. Not having a Wii will really make it hard for you to see anything at all

I do own one. :|

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#136 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"][QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]Exclusively for the Wii? Lame, i wanted to see awesome lighting and shadows.AAllxxjjnn

As do I. And I defend the Wii a lot. But let's be honest here. I want this game to be realized to its full potential, and part of that is its atmosphere, which can be helped a lot by having the hardware punch to knock it out.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#137 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Makes me think of Tim Burton.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

Rival Mario? This can be good.

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

THis is for the wii?? Wow that's a huge dissapointment. This could have been epic, why put it on a system with such limited hardware capablities.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"]

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

As do I. And I defend the Wii a lot. But let's be honest here. I want this game to be realized to its full potential, and part of that is its atmosphere, which can be helped a lot by having the hardware punch to knock it out.

It's Wii exclusive? Damn. Wii is getting better and better with all of it's exclusives.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 SparkyProtocol

THis is for the wii?? Wow that's a huge dissapointment. This could have been epic, why put it on a system with such limited hardware capablities.

stepat201
Shouldn't really say that if you game on any console.
hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 hy4k

So its your numbers vs mine. Baiscally though, all my info is from leaked NDP and official releases. ActicEdge

what are you talking about?

my numbers are sourced from actual npd numbers and famitsu numbers. that's all there is

if your numbers dont tally up with them then your numbers are wrong. simple

as for europe you should know that we do not get numbers for that territory. all we have is the ELSPA awards and those are just a rough estimate

cartoony games sell better on wii period

de blob is a new low budget ip and based on known NPD figures it sold better than ratchet and almost as well as banjo (two formerly powerhouse ip's), Mario Galaxy sold twice as much any PS3 game and sold more than all but one 360 game. the wii has lower development costs (around half to a third of hd sytems). the wii has a broad demographic with a lot of youngsters/families

if you dont understand why that makes it a good option for a mickey mouse game from disney then there is wrong something with you.

Gusslefuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#143 Gusslefuss
Member since 2008 • 55 Posts

This concept art has sparked my interested; however, I am very nervous to see how the final product will turn out. I am scared that Disney might pull the concept art is a slightly lessapocalyptic direction.

But at the end of the day, I am excited! :)

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Thunderdrone

As do I. And I defend the Wii a lot. But let's be honest here. I want this game to be realized to its full potential, and part of that is its atmosphere, which can be helped a lot by having the hardware punch to knock it out.BioShockOwnz

I'l repost this:

There never was an HD version of this game and it was a Wii project right off the bat, it was designed, planned and executed with that hardware in mind. There is no damn HD version to shed a tear about.

Its not about defending the Wii, Spector set out to make this a Wii project from the start and people are whining about things that DONT EXIST. Its like whining that DQIX should be on the PSP instead, why bother, the game is what it is because its on that system.

Same here, every concept you see and every idea they come up with, was made with the Wii in mind. This "full potential is wasted" is complete BS, like saying i should do a colored oil painting instead of a black and white charcoal drawing to fullfill my vision, thats up to ME to decide not you.

hy4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 hy4k

[QUOTE="Thunderdrone"]

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]DAM thats more ruthless then being judge by judge dreadfinalfantasy94

I still cant believe he was banned. Thats one for the gaming history books.

dude desrved it he basically insulted every neogaf member and every gamer with any capacity for critical thought
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ActicEdge

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

So its your numbers vs mine. Baiscally though, all my info is from leaked NDP and official releases. hy4k

what are you talking about?

my numbers are sourced from actual npd numbers and famitsu numbers. that's all there is

if your numbers dont tally up with them then your numbers are wrong. simple

as for europe you should know that we do not get numbers for that territory. all we have is the ELSPA awards and those are just a rough estimate

cartoony games sell better on wii period

de blob is a new low budget ip and based on known NPD figures it sold better than ratchet and almost as well as banjo (two formerly powerhouse ip's), Mario Galaxy sold twice as much any PS3 game and sold more than all but one 360 game. the wii has lower development costs (around half to a third of hd sytems). the wii has a broad demographic with a lot of youngsters/families

if you dont understand why that makes it a good option for a mickey mouse game from disney then there is wrong something with you.

If your numbers are sourced i want links, like right now. :|

And I never said the wii wasn't a good option. I said the PS3 and 360 aren't bad options. The wii is indeed thebest option which I blantantly stated at thhe beginning. Now, show me links, I'm drawing from memory but if you are so sure. Links to everything you claimed.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/03/05/insomniacs-ted-price-talks-ratchet-sales-surprises-new-ips/ That's a link for rachet being over a million.

Also, researched banjo and I was indeed wrong on that one. 154k as of January 09. More links coming.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#147 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] As do I. And I defend the Wii a lot. But let's be honest here. I want this game to be realized to its full potential, and part of that is its atmosphere, which can be helped a lot by having the hardware punch to knock it out.Thunderdrone

I'l repost this:

There never was an HD version of this game and it was a Wii project right off the bat, it was designed, planned and executed with that hardware in mind. There is no damn HD version to shed a tear about.

Its not about defending the Wii, Spector set out to make this a Wii project from the start and people are whining about things that DONT EXIST. Its like whining that DQIX should be on the PSP instead, why bother, the game is what it is because its on that system.

Same here, every concept you see and every idea they come up with, was made with the Wii in mind. This "full potential is wasted" is complete BS, like saying i should do a colored oil painting instead of a black and white charcoal drawing to fullfill my vision, thats up to ME to decide not you.

SMG was touted much the same way, but the waggle gestures and pointing didn't add much to the overall experience. SMG is my game of the generation thus far, as I have stated many times, but I would've taken HD, better textures, and more of a "pop" to the image over waggle and pointing mechanics. And it would've still been an ace product. It's just a preference.

bad_fur_day

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 bad_fur_day
Member since 2008 • 1988 Posts

Epic win.

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"] As do I. And I defend the Wii a lot. But let's be honest here. I want this game to be realized to its full potential, and part of that is its atmosphere, which can be helped a lot by having the hardware punch to knock it out.Thunderdrone

I'l repost this:

Just because it's the developers descision doesn't mean we have no right to question it.

There's no denying this game would be better on 360/PS3 as far as tech goes.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

Epic....absoloutely epic. A bit late to the party, i just saw this on joystiq.

Has the crying that its on the Wii begun yet?