Compared to TR/TLOU, does Metro Redux seem...

#1 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8367 posts) -

...like a good deal, my friends? You get two most excellent survival horror / FPS hybrids whose mechanics have been altered (along with added difficulty modes and DLC) and not only higher res ports for the price of less than one game! I've been vocally against remasters of not-so-old games but this release of Metro redux shows the gamers that the future isn't all that gloomy and even next-gen consoles are good places for gamers.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39190 posts) -

It is a good deal.

#3 Edited by Blabadon (25949 posts) -

What freedomfreak said

#4 Posted by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

Never played Metro 2033 but Last Light was... disappointing. I was expecting a lot more from it, especially when people seem to trash talk Crysis 2/3 and Killzones because they come from AAA developers and praise games like metro because their developers arent as well known, even though the final product is weaker.

#5 Edited by Krelian-co (10374 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Never played Metro 2033 but Last Light was... disappointing. I was expecting a lot more from it, especially when people seem to trash talk Crysis 2/3 and Killzones because they come from AAA developers and praise games like metro because their developers arent as well known, even though the final product is weaker.

wut? it had anything to do with developers, metro games are vastly superior to crysis 2 and 3, crysis only looks prettier.

#6 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2419 posts) -

no it's a a rip off

remasters of games that are less than 10 years old are rip offs

#7 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3805 posts) -

no it's a a rip off

remasters of games that are less than 10 years old are rip offs

You aren't a happy person are you. You seem upset all the time with something. It's okay, you'll be fine.

#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6955 posts) -

Didn't play them then, Don't plan on playing them now. But this excellent news for SNIPER and Uninspiredcup.

#9 Posted by glez13 (8675 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Last Light is superior to 2033. So forget about it if you didn't like Last Light. 2033 is an overrated by hermits mediocre game, the only good thing it has is the themes if you like post apocalyptic stuff.

#10 Posted by Vatusus (4437 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

wut? it had anything to do with developers, metro games are vastly superior to crysis 2 and 3, crysis only looks prettier.

nah. I thought last light was very mediocre. Crysis 2/3 were way more fun to play to me

#11 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5780 posts) -

I think it's a pretty good deal... I'll definitely play them again.

#12 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3480 posts) -

Sure. Never played them though.

#13 Posted by WeepsForFools (501 posts) -

@glez13 said:

@Vatusus said:

Last Light is superior to 2033. So forget about it if you didn't like Last Light. 2033 is an overrated by hermits mediocre game, the only good thing it has is the themes if you like post apocalyptic stuff.

I'd say the first was better.. story was more compelling..

#14 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9513 posts) -

That Tomb Raider nexgen port was the biggest rip-off out of any of these HD/re-releases, non even asked for it and when it was announced people were scratching their heads.

On the other hand, you had TLoU being begged to be ported to the PS4 before it was released on PS3 and before the PS4 even had a price confirmed and release date. So it was a no brainer from SONY do go ahead and ported when most people had been wanting the game for PS4.

#15 Edited by lundy86_4 (43010 posts) -

What Blabadon said.

#16 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Already have both Metro games, unless there's some jaw dropping shyt they did with the redux edition I'll pass.

#17 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26108 posts) -

Already have both Metro games, unless there's some jaw dropping shyt they did with the redux edition I'll pass.

If you got them for PC you get half off on Steam. Good deal IMO. Fixing 2033's gameplay is good enough.

#18 Edited by lazerface216 (7495 posts) -

will cop this when i eventually get a ps4. started playing last light a couple months back but got sidetracked by better games. now i can just hold off for this definitive edition and get the opportunity to play the original...so it all works out in the end.

#19 Edited by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

If you got them for PC you get half off on Steam. Good deal IMO. Fixing 2033's gameplay is good enough.

I honestly didn't mind the gameplay in 2033.

#20 Edited by AM-Gamer (3580 posts) -

Never played the first one and barely played LL. This should be a good time.

#21 Posted by blangenakker (2226 posts) -

I would get it if it was free

#22 Posted by finalstar2007 (24962 posts) -

It seem like a good deal definitely but i will wait till this Metro collection is available via PS+ as thats how i got and played the first one.

two games for $40>> 1 game for full price a game i bought full price last year lulz

#23 Edited by silversix_ (14078 posts) -

Ripoff. TLOU wouldn't be if it wasn't priced so high. At the end of the day this is easy money and instead of a sequel/new game or even franchise you have two choice 1-rebuying something you've already played/beaten which is dumb af OR ignore it and have nothing to play. The beginning of this generation is dumb.

#24 Edited by finalstar2007 (24962 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Ripoff. TLOU wouldn't be if it wasn't priced so high. At the end of the day this is easy money and instead of a sequel/new game or even franchise you have two choice 1-rebuying something you've already played/beaten which is dumb af OR ignore it and have nothing to play. The beginning of this generation is dumb.

Did you see how the beginning of last generation was? i had nothing to play but Ratchet and Clank for over 6 months lulz then Devil May Cry came out and i had just those two games plus a bunch of demo's lulz

this is normal its like this every start.

#25 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

For someone who hasn't played the games it's worth it. For others that own them not so much. I can't say I blame them for releasing some remakes, as I'm sure leaving the Ukraine and starting a new head office is expensive.

#26 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16128 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Last Light wasn't that good. Has a far weaker atmosphere and story compared to the first one.

#27 Edited by getyeryayasout (7178 posts) -

It's a great deal for me, since I've played but never finished both games on gen 7 systems.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (16896 posts) -

...like a good deal, my friends? You get two most excellent survival horror / FPS hybrids whose mechanics have been altered (along with added difficulty modes and DLC) and not only higher res ports for the price of less than one game! I've been vocally against remasters of not-so-old games but this release of Metro redux shows the gamers that the future isn't all that gloomy and even next-gen consoles are good places for gamers.

What do you think?

It makes Sony, and Square look exceedingly greedy, and not for gamers by gamers. No reason to charge full price for one game with the resolution upped and some DLC on the disc if someone else is throwing 2 games, DLC, resolution upgrade (LOL at this even being a selling point) for less than that. Live, Love, rob you, the corporate way, Sony........make believe.

#29 Posted by cainetao11 (16896 posts) -

It seem like a good deal definitely but i will wait till this Metro collection is available via PS+ as thats how i got and played the first one.

two games for $40>> 1 game for full price a game i bought full price last year lulz

When was Metro 2033 on PS+? I would have downloaded it. I own it on 360, and LL on PS3.

#30 Edited by jg4xchamp (47375 posts) -

Better deal? Sure if 2033 is legit a better playing game, and not half assed.

#31 Posted by cainetao11 (16896 posts) -

That Tomb Raider nexgen port was the biggest rip-off out of any of these HD/re-releases, non even asked for it and when it was announced people were scratching their heads.

On the other hand, you had TLoU being begged to be ported to the PS4 before it was released on PS3 and before the PS4 even had a price confirmed and release date. So it was a no brainer from SONY do go ahead and ported when most people had been wanting the game for PS4.

Don't recall anyone asking for TLOU on PS4 in April-May 2013. I'm not saying you're lying, just that I didn't see this. I had it pre ordered. Linkage?

#32 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9513 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Don't recall anyone asking for TLOU on PS4 in April-May 2013. I'm not saying you're lying, just that I didn't see this. I had it pre ordered. Linkage?

You dont? I remember people down right complaining that it wasnt on the PS4 on the youtube comment section everytime a trailer or a gameplay trailer came out. I remember people here saying they were gonna wait out to see if their would be a PS4 version the day the game launched (and most people though those people waiting for a PS4 version were crazy).

Im serious man, people use to argue with each other about the game having a PS4 version. Of course most people who bought it right away argue that a PS4 version is impractical and that people should support the game now on the PS3 becuz it was a "master piece".

Even some joournalist and reviews said that they had wished the game was a PS4 game, becuz it came out at the very end of the PS3's life.

Then when there were rumors about a PS4 version everyone was wanting it.

Trust me man..... the only reason the game is having a PS4 version is cuz there was a demand from the ND fans and from the industry.

#33 Edited by lostrib (34531 posts) -

I just wonder what the upgrades are that they released a PC version. The metro games were already graphics benchmarks on pc

#34 Posted by silversix_ (14078 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Did you see how the beginning of last generation was? i had nothing to play but Ratchet and Clank for over 6 months lulz then Devil May Cry came out and i had just those two games plus a bunch of demo's lulz

this is normal its like this every start.

on ps3 yes and i did not took part of it. On 360 it was great.

#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

So this is and TLOU isn't if it wasn't priced so high ?

What ?

TLOU is just a higher resolution and some AA, and the DLC is included

The metro games, especially 2033 are adding a lot more than that.

And best of all: they don't cost 60 dollars for one single remaster...

#36 Posted by cainetao11 (16896 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

You dont? I remember people down right complaining that it wasnt on the PS4 on the youtube comment section everytime a trailer or a gameplay trailer came out. I remember people here saying they were gonna wait out to see if their would be a PS4 version the day the game launched (and most people though those people waiting for a PS4 version were crazy).

Im serious man, people use to argue with each other about the game having a PS4 version. Of course most people who bought it right away argue that a PS4 version is impractical and that people should support the game now on the PS3 becuz it was a "master piece".

Even some joournalist and reviews said that they had wished the game was a PS4 game, becuz it came out at the very end of the PS3's life.

Trust me man..... the only reason the game is having a PS4 version is cuz there was a demand from the ND fans and from the industry.

I'll take your word for it. I wont be buying the PS4 version as I own it and the DLC on my PS3, but I wont be buying Master Chief collection as I have them all already either. Still think the Metro redux is a better deal, but I own them already as well.

#37 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9513 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I'll take your word for it. I wont be buying the PS4 version as I own it and the DLC on my PS3, but I wont be buying Master Chief collection as I have them all already either. Still think the Metro redux is a better deal, but I own them already as well.

Welp I was actually one of those people who said last year that there shouldnt be a PS4 version, and that people need to stop bitching and just support the PS3 exclusive.

But then I remember that TLoU multiplayer is bad ass and TLoU being on the PS4 means the multiplayer will have longer legs now that people will move to the PS4 version. So Im happy that the multiplayer will continue on even after the PS3 dies off.