COD4 confirmed for 7th Time

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

We're still deep in the middle of the Call of Dury black ops 2 cycle and there's still a lot more content to come, so you can understand why Activision hasn't really talked about next year yet, but they're going to have to soon, because E3 is coming up."

"If you're looking for information on the future, it's coming soon, it's just not here yet, it should be here no later than E3," he said.

"We also have the interesting problem of new hardware coming in. We've got a PS4, we've got whatever Xbox is working on - is that going to be this year, I don't know."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/401998/next-call-of-duty-reveal-by-e3-activision-community-manager-suggests/

so who is excited for COD4 for 7th time??

#2 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Sniper is here, Drasonak is here, now all we need is HeeWee and then they can finish each other off.

#3 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7389 posts) -

Call of Duty 2013 or Sim City for goty?

I hope they make a Daikatana sequel.

#4 Posted by SolidTy (42823 posts) -

TOPIC TITLE : "COD4 confirmed for 7th Time"

-----

Your title is confusing, COD4 already came out. :?

I thought COD4 : MW1 was confirmed for some new handheld or whatever the way your topic was worded.

In fact, you were speaking of COD 10 : MW4, or COD : MW4...but yeah, it's coming until the millions stop buying the series. COD11 : BO3 will come after that as I've said many,many times in the past.

cod+4.jpg

Call_of_Duty_4_Box%252520Art.jpg

#5 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

I think the next-gen CoD will look nice to look at because of next-gen hardware.

Gameplay will be the same as in the previous games though, so I don't expect anything revolutionary or unusual.

Bikouchu35

Mehhh it will still look like a pile of shit if they still use q3 based engine.

The ending was for mw3 was actually awesome, but again it was like 5 hours long zzz...

CoD 2 used Q3 based engine and it looked great when it came out so...

This is one franchise where I dare to say it's being "held back" by current-gen consoles rather than devs not upgrading their engine enough, as far as visuals are concerned.

#7 Posted by jg4xchamp (47908 posts) -
Hooray
#8 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Cool.

#9 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11707 posts) -

SNIPER I am literally so excited.

#10 Posted by jessejay420 (3773 posts) -
lol Sniper is pissed.
#11 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I'm too hardcore for this thread, and the TC

#12 Posted by Drasonak (1509 posts) -
XBox is not sentient. It does not work on things.
#13 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
cod 4 being one of the best mps this gen... having it for the 7th time will mean it will be one of the best mps this gen...7 times.
#14 Posted by darkspineslayer (19626 posts) -

Sniper is here, Drasonak is here, now all we need is HeeWee and then they can finish each other off.

PannicAtack
:lol:
#15 Posted by super600 (30523 posts) -

Lol sniper.

#16 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

PannicAtack

A wild heewee appears!

Confuses opponent with random blabber about Quake, being hardcore, Daikatana, software rendering and post spamming.

Opponent retreats.

Attack is successful!

:D

#17 Posted by lamprey263 (23546 posts) -
I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same. Maybe I can see that being the case for people who just play the MP, which seems to be everybody. I play it for the SP, and I found both COD4:MW and COD:MW2 to be unique enough, I even liked MW2 better myself, even COD:WaW was good. MW3 though was crap for SP, and so was Blops, so I'm done with the series, Blops 2 didn't even look worth trying and I've even less faith in MW4. MP seems to be their sole focus now, and if I were into COD/MW/BO MP I'd be fine with that, but since I'm devoted to Battlefield MP I see no reason to play COD for myself. I can easily look past the bad SP in a BF game since I mainly get it for the MP, but since I get COD for the SP and no interest in MP then the series clearly isn't for me anymore.
#18 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same.lamprey263
First change your sig. its disgusting and yes they all are same. since COD4. 3 hour cinematic and linear and scripted SP and noobish MP tag as fully priced game....
#19 Posted by Promised_Trini (3619 posts) -

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same.SNIPER4321
First change your sig. its disgusting and yes they all are same. since COD4. 3 hour cinematic and linear and scripted SP and noobish MP tag as fully priced game....

Whats wrong dude,you don't like Tit's:shock:

#20 Posted by jessejay420 (3773 posts) -
I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same. Maybe I can see that being the case for people who just play the MP, which seems to be everybody. I play it for the SP, and I found both COD4:MW and COD:MW2 to be unique enough, I even liked MW2 better myself, even COD:WaW was good. MW3 though was crap for SP, and so was Blops, so I'm done with the series, Blops 2 didn't even look worth trying and I've even less faith in MW4. MP seems to be their sole focus now, and if I were into COD/MW/BO MP I'd be fine with that, but since I'm devoted to Battlefield MP I see no reason to play COD for myself. I can easily look past the bad SP in a BF game since I mainly get it for the MP, but since I get COD for the SP and no interest in MP then the series clearly isn't for me anymore.lamprey263
black ops 2 singleplayer was pretty fun in my opinion. and of course the recently released "mob of the dead" is a blast to play.
#21 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

I think the next-gen CoD will look nice to look at because of next-gen hardware.

Gameplay will be the same as in the previous games though, so I don't expect anything revolutionary or unusual.

#22 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7389 posts) -

nameless12345

Mehhh it will still look like a pile of shit if they still use q3 based engine.

The ending was for mw3 was actually awesome, but again it was like 5 hours long zzz...

#23 Posted by super600 (30523 posts) -

I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same. Maybe I can see that being the case for people who just play the MP, which seems to be everybody. I play it for the SP, and I found both COD4:MW and COD:MW2 to be unique enough, I even liked MW2 better myself, even COD:WaW was good. MW3 though was crap for SP, and so was Blops, so I'm done with the series, Blops 2 didn't even look worth trying and I've even less faith in MW4. MP seems to be their sole focus now, and if I were into COD/MW/BO MP I'd be fine with that, but since I'm devoted to Battlefield MP I see no reason to play COD for myself. I can easily look past the bad SP in a BF game since I mainly get it for the MP, but since I get COD for the SP and no interest in MP then the series clearly isn't for me anymore.lamprey263

MW1, MW2 and MW3 are more similar than BO and BO2 are in the campaign

#24 Posted by wazzap76 (290 posts) -

Why do people keep buying every yearly release of these games? They don't seem to change all that much. Black ops two has been the biggest upgrade/improvement in the series but still it's not that far off from all the rest starting at the original modern warfare.

#25 Posted by GrayF0X786 (3850 posts) -

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same.SNIPER4321
First change your sig. its disgusting

go to settings and turn off the ability to view sigs, people can still see yours, but you can't see others, most of the users here are a bunch of teens who don't understand how to respect their own mothers let alone other women, you could even say it is in their culture.

#26 Posted by finalstar2007 (25094 posts) -

Im getting it but not that excited, i mean it will be fun but there are other games that im more excited  about.. CoD is my online fix while stories are with the other games.

#27 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

you could even say it is in their culture.

GrayF0X786

let's not start that here.

you're here in sw you maggot, not OT for the crappy political/religious/muslim hate threads

----

Looking forward to all the hate threads as "hardcore" gamers team up once again to hate on CoD for another year.

#28 Posted by razu2444 (803 posts) -
Whatever
#29 Posted by freedomfreak (40031 posts) -
That joke is still funny. I am literally laughing out loud.
#30 Posted by indzman (17601 posts) -

Since when sniper started caring for COD ? :lol:

#31 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

indzman

I took a peak at his posting history once out of curiousity. Turns out early on he used to really like CoD 4 and MW2, then in his posts he just starts randomly hating MW2. It's pretty funny actually.

#32 Posted by indzman (17601 posts) -

[QUOTE="indzman"]

whiskeystrike

I took a peak at his posting history once out of curiousity. Turns out early on he used to really like CoD 4 and MW2, then in his posts he just starts randomly hating MW2. It's pretty funny actually.

rofl. recent COD multiplayer matches and getting owned must've got sniper pissed :lol: 

#33 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18403 posts) -
No interest in another COD. The games have become horrible and just keep getting worse and more buggy. COD2 is still by far the best.
#34 Posted by Cyberdot (3523 posts) -

The gaming industry is in a bad shape.

Only idiots would get excited about another COD.

#35 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]I don't know why people keep saying all the COD games are the same. Maybe I can see that being the case for people who just play the MP, which seems to be everybody. I play it for the SP, and I found both COD4:MW and COD:MW2 to be unique enough, I even liked MW2 better myself, even COD:WaW was good. MW3 though was crap for SP, and so was Blops, so I'm done with the series, Blops 2 didn't even look worth trying and I've even less faith in MW4. MP seems to be their sole focus now, and if I were into COD/MW/BO MP I'd be fine with that, but since I'm devoted to Battlefield MP I see no reason to play COD for myself. I can easily look past the bad SP in a BF game since I mainly get it for the MP, but since I get COD for the SP and no interest in MP then the series clearly isn't for me anymore.super600

MW1, MW2 and MW3 are more similar than BO and BO2 are in the campaign

Yeah, i foud the BlackOps2 campaign to be very much underrated actually cause it was almost on par with COD4's campaign and i liked the way they try to give it a different tone of its own

#36 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

The gaming industry is in a bad shape.

Only idiots would get excited about another COD.

Cyberdot

There's a lot of "idiots" then...

Altho I agree that yearly franchises like CoD and Halo may eventually loose on the sales if they keep milking them so hard.

BLOPS2 already performed worse than the previous entries.

#37 Posted by burgeg (3599 posts) -

hating popular games make me feel cool

SNIPER4321

#38 Posted by Heirren (16870 posts) -
This series will crash and burn next gen.
#39 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

This series will crash and burn next gen. Heirren

I wouldn't say it will suffer the same fate as Guitar Hero because it's still a consistent franchise and has a fanbase.

Guitar Hero came, was popular and got forgotten.

This can't happen to a popular game franchise without it being royally screwed-up, imo.

#40 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
ya they can keep that garbage. and Hope no one claps when they show their 5 minute walkthrough at MS E3
#41 Posted by Badosh (12733 posts) -
That joke is still funny. I am literally laughing out loud.freedomfreak
You're lying.
#42 Posted by freedomfreak (40031 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]That joke is still funny. I am literally laughing out loud.Badosh
You're lying.

I am  These jokes are more rehashed than COD itself.
#43 Posted by Casualsinvaded (19 posts) -
(Casuals On Duty)
#44 Posted by Casualsinvaded (19 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]hating popular games make me feel cool

burgeg

You cant turn off aim assist it automatically sucks not to mention it's easy as hell to play.
#45 Posted by Casualsinvaded (19 posts) -
Games dont even have real strategy guides anymore because games are easy as hell now.
#46 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34145 posts) -

Good news for those that want it.

#47 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
didn't even need a confirmation
#48 Posted by OldSnakePS3 (310 posts) -

i own cod4 and thats it, i think its safe to say i own the whole franchise now:lol:

#49 Posted by cfisher2833 (1635 posts) -

If you don't like Call of Duty, don't buy it. I also wish the current generation of kids expanded their horizons beyond Call of Duty and Halo (both crappy FPSs which have blemished the FPS genre), but sitting around and bitching isn't gonna change that. Just don't buy the games--I haven't bought one since at least Modern Warfare 2. It's not that hard, because you've essentially already played the game before given that they're just rehashes with a slightly improved engine. 

#50 Posted by cfisher2833 (1635 posts) -

Games dont even have real strategy guides anymore because games are easy as hell now.Casualsinvaded

:lol: That's so true. I was just wondering the other day if those old strategy guide publishers went out of business. The last game I ever actually needed to use a strategy guide in was the Legend of Grimrock (used Gamebanshee one); that game had some hard as **** puzzles!