COD: World at War II?

#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74436 posts) -

Link

A box art for “Call of Duty: World At War II” has reportedly popped up on Amazon. The game which would be developed by Treyarch, the next in line to develop a title for the series, would be a sequel to the original World at War, which would most likely go back to the series World War 1 and 2 roots in place of the more modern and futuristic settings of the latest three titles.

According to GamerHeadlines, which reported first about the box art, it’s not available on Amazon anymore, and may or may not be legit.

The box art, which shows off an Xbox One design, seems to be releasing very early for a leaked concept box art, so I would take this with a grain of salt.

#2 Posted by santoron (8048 posts) -

No way it's legit. They wouldn't announce the next next CoD nearly this early. And they sure as hell wouldn't be doing it first at amazon.

#3 Posted by Roler42 (859 posts) -

...I know usually leaks get comfirmed as legit but... When was the last time a CoD Cover had the freaking sky as cover with no soldier and no sign of you know... WAR

#4 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

Far too early for retailers to even know about this. Everyone knows there will be a new CoD next year though and I would absolutely love a World at War 2 with the old style 3 nationality campaign structure of the original CoD games.

#5 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6278 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Far too early for retailers to even know about this. Everyone knows there will be a new CoD next year though and I would absolutely love a World at War 2 with the old style 3 nationality campaign structure of the original CoD games.

#6 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74436 posts) -

Someone might have leaked it, or it was done by accident?

#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9503 posts) -

And the milking continues. Enough Activision.

#8 Edited by lamprey263 (25582 posts) -

What WW1 roots? Jeez, memories are short. However, a WW1 game might be cool if done right.

Anyhow, when Activision made Modern Warfare they were escaping the rather saturated WW2 shooters out there, but then that became the norm and we no longer have WW2 shooters as much. I'd like me a good WW2 FPS, it's been a while. MoH Airborne and World At War was the last good one I played. Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway was also cool, I hear their making another, then again I keep telling myself I'm boycotting Gearbox over Colonial Marines... might be hard to keep up with Homeworld remakes coming out.

Anyhow, history should tell that nothing popping up on a retailer website should be telling of anything.

#9 Posted by dotWithShoes (4901 posts) -

Black Ops was a sequel to WaW.

#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

World War II isn't the in thing right now. No way they'd devote a whole iteration to a passed fad.

#11 Edited by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Brother In Arms: Hell's Highway was also cool, I hear their making another,

That series was awesome but it just stopped for no reason, other than the fact that WWII had been done to death.

They need to bring it back.

#12 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3255 posts) -

I would like a Civil War COD game. I want multiplayer where every shot counts cause reloading would take forever.

#13 Edited by harry_james_pot (11185 posts) -

Is the background image upside down?

#14 Posted by silversix_ (16178 posts) -

@santoron said:

No way it's legit. They wouldn't announce the next next CoD nearly this early. And they sure as hell wouldn't be doing it first at amazon.

Its activision. EVERYTHING is possible with those fuckers

#15 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74436 posts) -

@silversix_: yup, you never know these days

#16 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17450 posts) -

Black Ops is World At War 2, this is 100% fake.

#17 Posted by PyratRum (558 posts) -

While I doubt this is true, I would be totally down for World at War II.

MP40+Extended Mags/Silencer with Juggernaut was completely OP and fun as hell. Miss those days.

#18 Posted by remiks00 (2513 posts) -

Man, I'd buy this day 1 if it happens! World at War was my favorite COD by far!

#19 Posted by AcidTango (765 posts) -

I think that Activision is done with WWII for COD so it's probably fake.

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74436 posts) -

I think the whole modern shooter is so old, they should go back to the first world war

#21 Posted by comchild (202 posts) -

my theory is the next Call of Duty game will be Call of Duty 5. Or, simply, Call of Duty. The series needs to make another move like IW did with Call of Duty 4.

#22 Posted by WallofTruth (2084 posts) -

This is so fake, I could make that same cover in PhotoShop in less than 5 minutes and there isn't even a soldier in the middle of it.

#24 Posted by Liquid_ (2988 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

CoD 4 2 FTW!!!

some would argue thats mw2, but mw2 is in no way comparable to cod4

#25 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17516 posts) -

People have been begging for a WW2 shooter for so long now. It would be stupid not to make it.

I wouldn't mind if whataretheycalled doing future era, Infinity 'over their peak' ward doing modern era and Treyarch doing historical CODs

#26 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

CoD 4 2 FTW!!!

are not there 11 COD4 2.0?

#28 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@system-reboot said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

CoD 4 2 FTW!!!

are not there 11 COD4 2.0?

Not with the same flair the original had.

no. they all other play like COD4 which was crap anyways. COD1 was best

#30 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17516 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

no. they all other play like COD4 which was crap anyways. COD1 was best

Infinity ward were over their peak after Call of Duty 2.

So they added weapon unlocks, perks and killstreaks after that...

Ok, I guess, none of that shit is needed to enjoy an online FPS IMO.

#31 Posted by drummerdave9099 (885 posts) -

As long as it has Zombies mode I don't care what decade it's set in

#32 Edited by The_Last_Ride (74436 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

This is so fake, I could make that same cover in PhotoShop in less than 5 minutes and there isn't even a soldier in the middle of it.

Well the cover is a placeholder

#33 Edited by littlestreakier (2949 posts) -

World at War is by far my favorite Call of Duty. I hope this is true.

#34 Edited by nini200 (10503 posts) -

@littlestreakier said:

World at War is by far my favorite Call of Duty. I hope this is true.

this

#35 Posted by _Matt_ (9429 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

Me too!

#36 Edited by Malta_1980 (11554 posts) -

Completely lost faith in the COD franchise !!!

There are many other great fps games

#37 Edited by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

Realistically, they wouldn't make a CoD game pre-World War II. It just wouldn't meet the fast pace standards of the IP. However, they are going to run out of ideas for modern and future shooters and they will have to change the scenery if they want to be successful.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

I dont think they'll go back to WWII any time soon.

#39 Edited by Wasdie (50640 posts) -

I would absolutely love that. I think CoD WaW is one of the best CoD's made and was overlooked only because it was "just another WWII game" right before the modern military shooter craze hit.

#40 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I would absolutely love that. I think CoD WaW is one of the best CoD's made and was overlooked only because it was "just another WWII game" right before the modern military shooter craze hit.

WAW is probably best post COD4 game. but thats not saying much.

#41 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8208 posts) -

Am I the only one who thinks there needs to be one more Cold War Era CoD? There is so much they missed with BO and BO2. Korea would be cool too, but Activision would never do it.

#42 Posted by melonfarmerz (1283 posts) -

I would buy the shit out of that for the campaign. Graphics aren't too bad anymore in COD and I love the WW2 setting. Future settings suck...

#43 Posted by GOGOGOGURT (4470 posts) -

Less COD mor better games. Tired of COD.