COD Lead Platform switching to PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@slimdogmilionar said:

Cod is the Madden of FPS, same game next year just different rosters/maps.

Are you really suggesting that updating a roster is as much work as developing 15 mp maps, survival modes and a campaign?

Developing just 15 minutes of a CoD campaign takes more work than an entire Madden game.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#152 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Let's argue Titanfall v CoD! Pew Pew!

Dudebro Wars!

I'll say this much, you guys never run out of ways to talk about arcade shooters all day long.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Cranler

@sts106mat said:

I dont many titanfall players will look forward to playing COD after this, because the actual modes and what you can do in them will feel very restricted. To be fair, so would halo, but to a lesser extent.

I'd also say Titanfall is definitely more fun than the halo multiplayer...there is super cool moments every few seconds......thats the difference, in COD there might be a cool moment every couple of hours.

Black ops 2 sucked, the number of times i died according to the killcam, but not according to what i saw happen was a joke.

It would be ridiculous if every game started having wall running and double jumps. UT2k3 which came out before CoD even existed has just as much movement possibilities as Titanfall yet I had no problem enjoying CoD as well.

What's cool to you may not be cool to others.

I ever had those problems in Black Ops 2. I played on pc wich uses dedi servers though.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Cranler

@santoron said:

Let's argue Titanfall v CoD! Pew Pew!

Dudebro Wars!

I'll say this much, you guys never run out of ways to talk about arcade shooters all day long.

Are you one of those people who think realistic shooters are superior?

Arcade shooters have more mass appeal on console and pc. Deal with it.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

So instead of Xbone PC hardware they now use PS4 PC hardware as lead platform ?

It's not like last gen this time .

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@Caseytappy said:

So instead of Xbone PC hardware they now use PS4 PC hardware as lead platform ?

It's not like last gen this time .

YEP, mostly the same hardware inside PS4/Xbox One.

BTW, After you play Titanfall you just cant go back to BoringCOD.

jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#160 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333: I disagree play BF and cod and titanfall seem boring.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Cranler

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

I dont many titanfall players will look forward to playing COD after this, because the actual modes and what you can do in them will feel very restricted. To be fair, so would halo, but to a lesser extent.

I'd also say Titanfall is definitely more fun than the halo multiplayer...there is super cool moments every few seconds......thats the difference, in COD there might be a cool moment every couple of hours.

Black ops 2 sucked, the number of times i died according to the killcam, but not according to what i saw happen was a joke.

It would be ridiculous if every game started having wall running and double jumps. UT2k3 which came out before CoD even existed has just as much movement possibilities as Titanfall yet I had no problem enjoying CoD as well.

I ever had those problems in Black Ops 2. I played on pc wich uses dedi servers though.

I wouldn't want every game to have those things though did i say that?

I enjoyed COD when it came out and played basically every game in the series....it just wasn't much fun, thats all. I always found halo more fun, because of the different weapons and vehicles.

"whats cool to you may not be cool to others" - LOL, come back after you've played a few hours of titanfall and tell me you didn't experience cool moments.

yep, dedicated servers make a huge difference, my experience with BLOPS 2 was filling a side on enemy with a clip from an SMG, only to be killed by a headshot that the killcam shows him making before i fired....yeah...that is bullshot.

That and the all those stupid booby traps claymore and bouncing betrty, made it play more like "home alone".

You said people wouldn't want to come back to CoD after playing Titanfall. Sounds like you're suggesting that all games be like Titanfall.

I've played about 15 hours of Titanfall. While I think it's a good game it doesn't seem like a game that will have the same mass appeal that BF and CoD do. People are crazy over Titanfall because it's fresh, the same way people were crazy over CoD 4 though to a much greater extent. Wait til that freshness wears off. Over the top insanity isn't automatically better.

I like CoD because of the responsive movement, dropshotting and of course the killstreaks. Getting a triple kill while my killstreak rewards kills another guy at the same time is a cool moment. Getting to be in an earned killstreak reward that is totally overpowered is a cool moment. A knee slide to ass knife for the final kill in gun game is a cool moment. A knife throw kill from 30 ft is a cool moment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/20e3q1/2_questions_does_titanfalls_netcode_favour_higher/

What are your cool Titanfall moments?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#162  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Bad taste I'd say if sales were better there . Or may be there weren't enough games to play . In any case , no one cares . PS4 is going to have great games but COD targeting it as lead is not a big deal .

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#164  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ouch! Xbros will not be happy about this news.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#165 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

PS4 the boss for all games. Lead platform this entire decade ^^

arenaplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#166  Edited By arenaplayer
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@locopatho said:

COD is dead tho?

Pretty much.

All new CODs lose most of the players within 2 years of the release.

MW2 which is one of the most sold games in the world now has as much players online as the ancient COD2. [Well COD2 is better so no wonder people still play it.]

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@notrolling said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the money spent advertising titanfall was bigger than the development and advertising budget of every single game from 1950-2013 combined.

lol

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@tyloss said:

@clone01: I played like 2 and a half matches at my friend pat's house before we left for a party.

It wasn't exciting and I'm surprised he got an Xbox one given everyone we know (that games) has a PS4. Then again he hates FIFA and that's all everyone really plays

Your anecdotal experience with "Pat" does not equal fact.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@clone01 said:

@tyloss said:

@StormyJoe: and Call of Duty is more fun them TitanFall.

You've played TitanFall? What's your gamertag?

Stormierdabear

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By clone01

@StormyJoe said:

@clone01 said:

@tyloss said:

Stormierdabear

Sorry, man, was referring to Tyloss. Some misquoting going on here.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:

@clone01 said:

@tyloss said:

Because some things just never change....hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@slimdogmilionar said:

MS don't need C.O.D anymore, it's being phased out by Battlefield already(second assault xbox one timed exclusive) not to mention the hype around Titanfall. Cod is the Madden of FPS, same game next year just different rosters/maps.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/26/call-of-duty-ghosts-top-selling-xbox-one-game-in-north-america-most-played-multiplayer-game-worldwide/

Ghost basically walked over BF4 sales wise..

What the F are you talking about? My gamertag is STORMIERDABEAR. What, just because I don't spend all night on GS, I am hiding or something?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

This thread sure is entertaining. All last gen lems were all over CoD's nuts and bragging about how the Xbox got DLC first or sold more, etc. Now suddenly CoD is shit and means nothing and only losers play it. Pure fucking gold right there. Well at least I can always count on the lems to make me laugh.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#174 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@tyloss: not really. Titanfall is the better game. Ghosts was absolute crap.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

What the F are you talking about? My gamertag is STORMIERDABEAR. What, just because I don't spend all night on GS, I am hiding or something?

Hahahahaa.... That post wasn't even directed at you i quoted Clone01,reason why i posted i picture..hahahaha

You are to sensitive..hahaha

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL cod. I see cows are continuing dat desperation.

They bash Titanfall at being crap because its a CoD clone ... then they praise CoD.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 tormentos
@sts106mat said:

haha i will always side with Clone01 and stormyjoe because they post facts and the truth.

but credit where it's due, that gamertag inspector gif is funny, i remember it the first time......i cant remember if eltormo made it or if someone else did it, but it was one of the funniest pictures we've seen

I didn't made it but i use to call him gamertag inspector,because he use to harass any cow who claimed to own a PS3 or an xbox one,he did it to me as well..hahahaha

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos said:
@sts106mat said:

haha i will always side with Clone01 and stormyjoe because they post facts and the truth.

but credit where it's due, that gamertag inspector gif is funny, i remember it the first time......i cant remember if eltormo made it or if someone else did it, but it was one of the funniest pictures we've seen

I didn't made it but i use to call him gamertag inspector,because he use to harass any cow who claimed to own a PS3 or an xbox one,he did it to me as well..hahahaha

I remember that's why it was funny when the image was posted.......

what's your gamertag Eltormo?

Thats a federal secret i could tell you but then i would have to wipe out your memory and those who know you to..

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

This thread sure is entertaining. All last gen lems were all over CoD's nuts and bragging about how the Xbox got DLC first or sold more, etc. Now suddenly CoD is shit and means nothing and only losers play it. Pure fucking gold right there. Well at least I can always count on the lems to make me laugh.

I would never call CoD nothing, although Ghosts was average at best. CoD matters a gigantic amount, but likely MS will still get DLC first, lol. But if the rumor is true, and its coming from a Sonygaf insider who only posts negative MS info, its a big deal for Sony no doubt. But its not like PC and PS3 gamers didn't buy CoD cause they weren't the lead platform last gen, lol. The lead platform title thing is overated in my eyes. Will the next CoD be good is the real question.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#181 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

The reason why some people are saying cod means nothing anymore is that the franchise has been in a downward spiral in the last couple of years in terms of sales and recognition.Even though Activision has recognized this and has responded to this downward spiral it may be to late to bring the franchise back to it's former glory.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Cranler

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

I enjoyed COD when it came out and played basically every game in the series....it just wasn't much fun, thats all. I always found halo more fun, because of the different weapons and vehicles.

"whats cool to you may not be cool to others" - LOL, come back after you've played a few hours of titanfall and tell me you didn't experience cool moments.

yep, dedicated servers make a huge difference, my experience with BLOPS 2 was filling a side on enemy with a clip from an SMG, only to be killed by a headshot that the killcam shows him making before i fired....yeah...that is bullshot.

That and the all those stupid booby traps claymore and bouncing betrty, made it play more like "home alone".

You said people wouldn't want to come back to CoD after playing Titanfall. Sounds like you're suggesting that all games be like Titanfall.

I've played about 15 hours of Titanfall. While I think it's a good game it doesn't seem like a game that will have the same mass appeal that BF and CoD do. People are crazy over Titanfall because it's fresh, the same way people were crazy over CoD 4 though to a much greater extent. Wait til that freshness wears off. Over the top insanity isn't automatically better.

I like CoD because of the responsive movement, dropshotting and of course the killstreaks. Getting a triple kill while my killstreak rewards kills another guy at the same time is a cool moment. Getting to be in an earned killstreak reward that is totally overpowered is a cool moment. A knee slide to ass knife for the final kill in gun game is a cool moment. A knife throw kill from 30 ft is a cool moment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/20e3q1/2_questions_does_titanfalls_netcode_favour_higher/

I've spent less than 15 hours in titanfall and have had more cool moments than in every single CoD game combined.

Example :- wall running and landing on a titan. jet packing up into a window and kicking another pilot, ejecting from your doomed titan and rodeoing an enemy one and then planting charges, jumping off as it goes boom and into a wall run. calling in your titan and it flattens someone, diving out of my titan and shooting an enemy pilot off, hacking a heavy turret just as an enemy titan comes around the corner........

the best part of the above is that all of that, and more can be done in a single match of titanfall. thats what makes it so fun.

It'll be a long time before the freshness wears off for me.

And so since you can't go back to CoD you think it's obsolete now?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Cranler

@super600 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

The reason why some people are saying cod means nothing anymore is that the franchise has been in a downward spiral in the last couple of years in terms of sales and recognition.Even though Activision has recognized this and has responded to this downward spiral it may be to late to bring the franchise back to it's former glory.

It will never have the same market dominance it once had especially now that consoles are getting the true BF experience. CoD has a formula many enjoy and it will never die off like action sport and music games though.

CoD's are now on 3 year dev cycles so there should be some big improvements coming soon.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Cranler

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

I've spent less than 15 hours in titanfall and have had more cool moments than in every single CoD game combined.

Example :- wall running and landing on a titan. jet packing up into a window and kicking another pilot, ejecting from your doomed titan and rodeoing an enemy one and then planting charges, jumping off as it goes boom and into a wall run. calling in your titan and it flattens someone, diving out of my titan and shooting an enemy pilot off, hacking a heavy turret just as an enemy titan comes around the corner........

the best part of the above is that all of that, and more can be done in a single match of titanfall. thats what makes it so fun.

i've never "gone back to COD", i play them for a week or so, get bored and move on to something else.

after BLOPS 2 and Ghosts, as far as i am concerned, i dont need to buy another COD game. with titanfall, halo and destiny on the horizon (i prefer sci-fi shooters anyway), i have no need of COD and yes, it would feel very restricted compared with Titanfall. Destiny is also going to change things up enormously.

Feel restricted? Why? Because you can't wall run and double jump?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 clone01

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

Hahahahaa.... That post wasn't even directed at you i quoted Clone01,reason why i posted i picture..hahahaha

You are to sensitive..hahaha

BACKPACK GARDEN GNOME CELL PHONE TITANFALL. SOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNYYYYYYYY....eltormo.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

I fucking hate COD, but if it gets more people to support the PS4... then OK. I will just choose to ignore it even exists though, think happy thoughts.

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

Keep it. Make it an exclusive actually. This is akin to Canada "losing" Justin Bieber to the USA, not much of a loss.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Cranler

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

@Cranler said:

@sts106mat said:

i've never "gone back to COD", i play them for a week or so, get bored and move on to something else.

after BLOPS 2 and Ghosts, as far as i am concerned, i dont need to buy another COD game. with titanfall, halo and destiny on the horizon (i prefer sci-fi shooters anyway), i have no need of COD and yes, it would feel very restricted compared with Titanfall. Destiny is also going to change things up enormously.

Feel restricted? Why? Because you can't wall run and double jump?

yep. i'd also have to use outdated things like stairs and ladders.

So you are saying that all games should have wall running and double jump then. Or just trolling. UT 2k3 had just as much maneuverability as Titanfall 11 years ago.

I like having a variety of games that all play differently.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

##

@tyloss said:

Weird lems are saying COD sucks when TitanFall essentially plagiarized every single aspect of it, excluding SinglePlayer of course.

Yep, I remember me running around in COD4:MW (the last one I played, on PS3) just like this:

Loading Video...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@super600 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Ghosts still sold more on the 360 than Halo 4.

KTHXBAI

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#194 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i wonder what that would do for the e-sport scene....interesting

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#196 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@tyloss said:

Weird lems are saying COD sucks when TitanFall essentially plagiarized every single aspect of it, excluding SinglePlayer of course.

How can you plagiarize something you help create?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By super600  Moderator

@Cranler said:

@super600 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

It will never have the same market dominance it once had especially now that consoles are getting the true BF experience. CoD has a formula many enjoy and it will never die off like action sport and music games though.

CoD's are now on 3 year dev cycles so there should be some big improvements coming soon.

The only cod developers that may benefit from this extra year in development are Treyarch and sledgehammer possibly. I think IW is weak now and they lost most of the people that made some of the previous cod games great for most people.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 super600  Moderator

@Shewgenja said:

@super600 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

KTHXBAI

One cod game use to sell well over 10 million on the 360. I don't even think cod ghosts sold over 10 million on the 360 and it may have sold lower than halo 4 because the last time I checked halo 4 sold over 9 million.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By StormyJoe

@Shewgenja said:

@super600 said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

KTHXBAI

Ummm... no it didn't.

XboxStache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By XboxStache
Member since 2013 • 1530 Posts

@notrolling said:

@sts106mat said:

haha they have been defeated by the new king of online multiplayer TITANFALL BABY and they run off to PS4 hahaha

keep COD, it might as well be a PS4 exclusive for all i care....game is shite compared to Titanfall

You're not understanding the symbolic significance of this move, nor do you understand how the sales disaster of titanflop is going to damage MS and the Xbone.

Titanfall was advertised like no other game before. I wouldn't be surprised if the money spent advertising titanfall was bigger than the development and advertising budget of every single game from 1950-2013 combined. Despite the monstrous budget, titanfall only managed to sell a pitiful 200-300k units on the Xbone. Do you think other publishers and 3rd party studios aren't taking note? They're observing this carefully. Assuming that the people running these companies have any ounce of intelligence, they'd probably NEVER accept exclusivity deals with Microsoft.

At least with SONY, SONY had Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Polyphony, and Media Molecule. The only thing MS has is 343i, and they're worse than SONY's worst 1st party studio. Microsoft will have the worst 1st party games, no 3rd party exclusives, the worst multiplats, and the worst OS.

This could be it for Xbox*.

TeeHee. (giggles like schoolgirl)