CoD Ghosts literally copies MW2s ending (Spoilers duh)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

If you've ever needed evidence that CoD is just the same old shite every year this is it. Not only is it the same type of scene but it's the exact same animations and camera angles.

#2 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

Already posted. My thoughts:

I don't see the big deal. You don't need to alter the animations for something like this. It's just a dude carrying another dude. The fuck would you need to change about that?

#4 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

#5 Edited by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

That's pretty terribad. Seems to largely just be re-skinned.

#6 Edited by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

How is this game selling so well....

#7 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3474 posts) -
#9 Posted by wolverine4262 (19039 posts) -

Thats pretty damn lazy. Why would you copy from such a terrible ending anyway?

#10 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

#11 Edited by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

"again" "for a while" a complete sentence, does not make.

#12 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

Where are my fifty squids?

#13 Edited by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

Where are my fifty squids?

"Quids", not squids.

#14 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

Where are my fifty squids?

"Quids", not squids.

No i'm specifically asking for 50 squids.

#15 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Sad to say, but for the first time in 5 years, Im pretty sure I'm going to skip CoD. This little nugget of outrageous stupidity on top of the been there/done that reviews and a good friends assessment who loves CoD that its very disappointing, I think I will pass. CoD needs to go away for to years and then come back with a absolute murderously good game.

#16 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

"again" "for a while" a complete sentence, does not make.

I'll buy a CoD game again in the future just not until they change a bit more than maps and perks

#17 Posted by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

Where are my fifty squids?

"Quids", not squids.

No i'm specifically asking for 50 squids.

That would cost him more than 50 quid.

#18 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

Where are my fifty squids?

"Quids", not squids.

No i'm specifically asking for 50 squids.

That would cost him more than 50 quid.

And Seans a millionaire baby!

#19 Posted by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@clyde46 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Animal-Mother said:

You're late. And when's your lets play of it coming out?

Of course I am :P I can't keep up with this place anymore haha

and never....

Bet you $50 squids or whatever you guys call it there that you do!

Nope, after BLOPS II I won't be buying CoD again for a while

Where are my fifty squids?

"Quids", not squids.

No i'm specifically asking for 50 squids.

That would cost him more than 50 quid.

And Seans a millionaire baby!

Share the love @seanmcloughlin

#20 Posted by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

Well, Sean uses Monopoly money anyway.

#21 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

That would cost him more than 50 quid.

And Seans a millionaire baby!

I am?? Awesome! Time to buy that boat

#22 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@clyde46 said:

That would cost him more than 50 quid.

And Seans a millionaire baby!

I am?? Awesome! Time to buy that boat

Thank you for the awesome thread sean. !

#23 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Pretty funny how you put "spoiler duh" in the title when you gave away the ending before that spoiler tag

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (56018 posts) -

Activision, copy from Black Ops. That was the best Call of Duty game.

#25 Edited by freedomfreak (39162 posts) -

Pretty funny how you put "spoiler duh" in the title when you gave away the ending before that spoiler tag

That isn't the ending of Ghosts. It's the first level.

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (46540 posts) -

lmfao thats pretty hilarious

#27 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

lolololololol Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V ftw! And somehow IW managed to make it run badly on next-gen + PC lolololololol

#28 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Clearly its a homage to long term veterans of the series who will appreciate and iconic moment in a monolithic series, or so I've heard <.<

#29 Edited by RoccoHout (979 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

How is this game selling so well....

I would like to know aswell. Are there really so many uninformed people buying it just because its the ''cool stuff'' of their generation or something?

#30 Edited by bobbetybob (19175 posts) -
@BPoole96 said:

Clearly its a homage to long term veterans of the series who will appreciate and iconic moment in a monolithic series, or so I've heard <.<

I doubt any fan of Call of Duty thinks Modern Warfare 2's ending, or the rest of the story for that matter, was iconic, it was awful. I'm kind of amazed anyone even spotted this (which is obviously what IW were counting on) because that would mean they'd have to have played MW2 sometimes recently. Poor guy.

#31 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13422 posts) -

That's just, wow.

And that ending wasn't even that good in the first place. IW is just so damn lazy. Atleast with Price it was better.

#32 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

Kinda low but if no one ever told me I probably wouldn't have ever noticed.

This can also be used as a good graphics comparison vid. The new Ghosts only looks a little better.

#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

That isn't the ending of Ghosts. It's the first level.

@BPoole96 said:

Clearly its a homage to long term veterans of the series who will appreciate and iconic moment in a monolithic series, or so I've heard <.<

I can kind of understand the homage, if it's the first level of Ghosts. Not that the CoD campaigns were all that great... Plus, paying homage to your own game, is kinda sad.

#34 Edited by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

That isn't the ending of Ghosts. It's the first level.

@BPoole96 said:

Clearly its a homage to long term veterans of the series who will appreciate and iconic moment in a monolithic series, or so I've heard <.<

I can kind of understand the homage, if it's the first level of Ghosts. Not that the CoD campaigns were all that great... Plus, paying homage to your own game, is kinda sad.

That comment was sarcastic. I was saying it as if that's how IW is going to spin it to cover up their laziness :P

#35 Posted by aroxx_ab (9272 posts) -

Be glad CoD games is so forgetable you wont even notice next year...

#36 Edited by IgGy621985 (4627 posts) -

Well, can't say I'm surprised. Everything in this game is just... crap. Shooting is crap. Moving is crap. You run like an idiot, and you STILL CAN'T OPEN DOORS BY YOURSELF...

#37 Posted by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

@BPoole96 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@freedomfreak said:

That isn't the ending of Ghosts. It's the first level.

@BPoole96 said:

Clearly its a homage to long term veterans of the series who will appreciate and iconic moment in a monolithic series, or so I've heard <.<

I can kind of understand the homage, if it's the first level of Ghosts. Not that the CoD campaigns were all that great... Plus, paying homage to your own game, is kinda sad.

That comment was sarcastic. I was saying it as if that's how IW is going to spin it to cover up their laziness :P

lol, well I definitely see that, clearly. Thank God I noticed the idiocy, or that could've been embarrassing :P

You are smooth, sir.

#38 Posted by wolverine4262 (19039 posts) -

That isn't the ending of Ghosts. It's the first level.

Oh, its the first level. Thats not as bad, but i still dont like it.

Id be pretty annoyed if Bungie ever did anything so blatant. Halo 3s last mission is the perfect example of a homage done right.

#39 Posted by slaves (1172 posts) -
#40 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

loooooooooooooooooooooooool

I had to double check if that was a joke video.

#41 Posted by clyde46 (44942 posts) -

loooooooooooooooooooooooool

I had to double check if that was a joke video.

Dat theme.

#42 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Pretty funny how you put "spoiler duh" in the title when you gave away the ending before that spoiler tag

The spoiler is for MW2s ending, The part Ghosts copied isn't the ending to that game. So I spoiled nothing

#43 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Pretty funny how you put "spoiler duh" in the title when you gave away the ending before that spoiler tag

That isn't the ending of Ghosts. It's the first level.

Really?

In that case, I don't see anything wrong with it, just a slight homage to MW2, a game which built upon the success of the original MW, fully launching the franchise into mainstream, making it one of the biggest names in the game industry.

#44 Edited by madsnakehhh (14160 posts) -

I hate CoD just like everyone else in SW...however, this isn't that bad, animation studios have been doind this for years.

#45 Edited by def_mode (4079 posts) -

I am not surprised. If I took a MW2 game cd and slap Modern Warfare 4 in it, it would sell billion in a day.

#46 Edited by lundy86_4 (43009 posts) -

I hate CoD just like everyone else in SW...however, this isn't that bad, animation studios have been doind this for years.

They definitely have. I remember a few anime studios doing the same. I think Boondock ripped off Naruto IIRC. Naruto and Sasuke. Naruto ripped off something in return, as well.