(CNN) Sony is a much, much richer company than Nintendo

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Nintendo isn't even a Fortune 500 company.

Sony is the 94th (previously 73) biggest/richest company in the world.

Nintendo is the 620th biggest/richest company in the world

EDIT: here is the 2013 Fortune 500 list

http://rankingthebrands.com/The-Brand-Rankings.aspx?rankingID=50&year=666

Sony is 94, Nintendo still in the sub 600's.

Still, Sony is one of the top 100 richest company's on the planet. Nintendo isn't even top 500, Snapchat is projected to be worth more than Nintendo by next year

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

buh buh but market cap and stock prices

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Slow news day at CNN?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

This was in doubt? based on what?

Sony has how much different successful shit and owns how many god damn licenses between their film/music studios? I mean yeah whatever they've had some rough years, but the worth of that company would shit on Nintendo. Why would anyone assume otherwise.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Links are for 2012 and 2010. We're in 2014, and weren't the other threads about very recent data?

Anyway, why do people keep making new threads about this? POST IN THE ORIGINAL THREAD AND DISCUSS IT THERE.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Okay, so you are using Nintendo financial statements from 2009-2010, as well as a Global500 ranking from 2012...

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

"b...bu..bu..but teh marrket capz!"

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Lol CNN

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Couth_

@jg4xchamp said:

Sony has how much different successful shit and owns how many god damn licenses between their film/music studios? I mean yeah whatever they've had some rough years, but the worth of that company would shit on Nintendo. Why would anyone assume otherwise.

Ya boy Charizard and a handful of others think their stocks indicate how big a company is and how much its worth

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

How the hell does this matter to you?

I support Sony but i could care less about their wealth unless you get a % of it

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

Ya boy Charizard and a handful of others think their stocks indicate how big a company is and how much its worth

Proven by? Enough with the libel.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlessedChill

@lundy86_4: first link is the important one.

Second one is Nuntendo at it's all time richest time point.

If anything I'm favoring Nintendo

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lundy86_4

@BlessedChill said:

@lundy86_4: first link is the important one.

Second one is Nuntendo at it's all time richest time point.

If anything I'm favoring Nintendo

You're using old information. CNN was for 2012, and Nintendo's was for 2009-2010. I simply ask that you relate accurate data, rather than who the **** it favours.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BlessedChill

@lundy86_4: updated brah

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lundy86_4

@BlessedChill said:

@lundy86_4: updated brah

Updated after my post, thanks. However, who says it's up-to-date? CNN currently ranks Walmart at the top-spot for 2013... Link. In fact, neither of them rank... lol.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Sony is a mega company...Nintendo pretty much only makes video games, so no surprise. I would be willing to bet that Nintendo is sitting on bigger cash reserves than Sony is though.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Couth_
@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

There is a thread on the first page that reads "Nintendo Is A Bigger Company Than Sony »". .. This isn't true in any way shape or form.. Don't stay stupid shit and people won't think you are stupid

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

There is a thread on the first page that reads "Nintendo Is A Bigger Company Than Sony »". .. This isn't true in any way shape or form.. Don't stay stupid shit and people won't think you are stupid

Has he been proven wrong? Charizard strictly stipulated "MARKET CAPITILAZATION!"

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

Has he been proven wrong? Charizard strictly stipulated "MARKET CAPITILaZATION!"

No.. He strictly stipulated "Nintendo is a bigger company".. The support he provided was for market cap.. If you mean market cap then say market cap.. Don't say they are "a bigger company". They are not a bigger company... Hence my response to Champs " This was in doubt? based on what?".. It was based on Charizard and the handful of others making stupid threads

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

Has he been proven wrong? Charizard strictly stipulated "MARKET CAPITILaZATION!"

No.. He strictly stipulated "Nintendo is a bigger company".. The support he provided was for market cap.. If you mean market cap then say market cap.. Don't say they are "a bigger company". They are not a bigger company... Hence my response to Champs " This was in doubt? based on what?".. It was based on Charizard and the handful of others making stupid threads

If you read the first line of the thread, then... If he edited that after your realization, then prove it. Here:

Anything else?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jg4xchamp

@Couth_ said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Yo it's not as bad as when someone was talking about "X company only has so much cash on their books, THEY ARE DOOMED"...shit was like yo, you learn this in Accounting 2.

Don't even need to take the intermediate class.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#25 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

@Desmonic: it's a first I've seen it used as a source on this website, but CNN has always been lolz worthy.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

If you read the first line of the thread, then... If he edited that after your realization, then prove it. Here:

Anything else?

You want to re read what I just said... I didn't say Charizard was wrong. If i wanted to prove Charizard wrong i would post in that thread. I'm not posting in that thread am I? I am posting in this thread. I was responding to Champ and telling him where the doubt is coming from -> charizards shit thread

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

why would they not be? selling insurance is pretty lucrative.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

You want to re read what I just said

Not really. You provided evidence utilizing another thread, thus you must prove the veracity (or lack thereof) for that thread. For myself, I get to sit and watch :)

FYI, "Market Capitalization" is the long-form of "Market-Cap."

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Couth_
@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

You want to re read what I just said

Not really. You provided evidence utilizing another thread, thus you must prove the veracity (or lack thereof) for that thread. For myself, I get to sit and watch :)

I didn't say Charizard was wrong. If i wanted to prove Charizard wrong i would post in that thread. I'm not posting in that thread am I? I am posting in this thread. I was responding to Champ and telling him where the doubt is coming from -> charizards shit thread

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jg4xchamp

^he would still technically be incorrect in how he's using those words. Market Capitalization does not necessarily mean the same thing as capitalization. And it also doesn't mean they are "bigger" albeit my guess is that was just poor wording on his part. Potentially a better investment right now, and their stocks are worth more. Plus a stock price isn't necessarily their market capitalization. It's amount of shares as well. That aspect of the thread I didn't read through, but assuming Sony had more outstanding shares the numbers can easily come of skewed.

The most you can say is recently Sony is bleeding money, and Nintendo isn't. Worth however still needs to take into account all the non-cash assets under Sony's umbrella, that would make them a ridiculously more valuable company than Nintendo at the moment(barring some kind of disaster year from that company).

And Ricky, Charizard aint my boy.

nyzma23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 nyzma23
Member since 2013 • 1003 Posts

Fortune 500 is based on revenue offcourse ,sony is in it because sony sell lot of thing thus better revenue than nintendo

but revenue doesn't mean profit right ?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 trugs26

@Couth_: Sounds like you're making crap up in your head.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

I didn't say Charizard was wrong. If i wanted to prove Charizard wrong i would post in that thread. I'm not posting in that thread am I? I am posting in this thread. I was responding to Champ and telling him where the doubt is coming from -> charizards shit thread

Mere wordplay. You brought the thread into question, with regards to this thread... In essence, "calling him out."

Don't relinquish your idiocy to a single thread. You called into question their utilizing stock price as the median, yet he also stipulated market cap. jg4xchamp was aligning with the TC's assertion, i.e. thatSony was in a better position than Nintendo.

You called into question Char's thread, which you misunderstood. You then tried to stipulate market cap, which is what his thread showed.

----

If Char's thread was wrong, then prove why... Why the ****, is this debate continuing?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

Mere wordplay. You brought the thread into question, with regards to this thread... In essence, "calling him out."

Don't relinquish your idiocy to a single thread. You called into question their utilizing stock price as the median, yet he also stipulated market cap. jg4xchamp was aligning with the TC's assertion, i.e. thatSony was in a better position than Nintendo.

You called into question Char's thread, which you misunderstood. You then tried to stipulate market cap, which is what his thread showed.

----

If Char's thread was wrong, then prove why... Why the ****, is this debate continuing?

I did not "CALL" his thread into question. -> I merely pointed champ in the direction to where the DOUBT is <-... I agree. I don't know why you even started this debate.. For your fucks sake focus on the bold here. I highlighted it for you.. Made it real fuckin simple.. Made it child proof... Gave you a helmet and knee pads and a room lined with matresses... If I feel like calling charizard out, ill do that in his thread...

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Couth_

@trugs26 said:

What exactly did I make up here?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

I did not "CALL" his thread into question. -> I merely pointed champ in the direction to where the DOUBT is <-... I agree. I don't know why you even started this debate.. For your fucks sake focus on the bold here. Highlighted it for you.. Made it real fuckin simple.. Made it child proof... Gave you a helmet and knee pads... If I feel like calling charizard out, ill do that in his thread...

Yes, you did. You utilized it as evidence for your point... You may want to work on the wording of your posts, before you call another's into question.

Again, If Char's was wrong, then prove it... You strictly stipulated that Char and other's think another company size is proven by the stock size. You are the one calling it into question.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

I did not "CALL" his thread into question. -> I merely pointed champ in the direction to where the DOUBT is <-... I agree. I don't know why you even started this debate.. For your fucks sake focus on the bold here. Highlighted it for you.. Made it real fuckin simple.. Made it child proof... Gave you a helmet and knee pads... If I feel like calling charizard out, ill do that in his thread...

Yes, you did. You utilized it as evidence for your point... You may want to work on the wording of your posts, before you call another's into question.

Again, If Char's was wrong, then prove it... You strictly stipulated that Char and other's think another company size is proven by the stock size. You are the one calling it into question.

LOL.. you need help son

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By trugs26

@Couth_ said:

@trugs26 said:

You're clearly just twisting your words now. You know you made an incorrect claim in the beginning, and now you're just twisting it say something else. You're only fooling yourself now.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Couth_

@trugs26 said:

@Couth_ said:

@trugs26 said:

You're clearly just twisting your words now. You know you made an incorrect claim in the beginning, and now you're just twisting it say something else. You're only fooling yourself now.

If you read and interpreted it wrong that's not my fault and its not my problem. Never once did I say charizards statements are wrong. I did however say the title of his thread is incorrect (which it is). And I did point to that thread being the cause of the doubt which jg4xchamp highlighted in his original post, and I answered.. Your boy lundy is on another hype and I don't even know what he's talking about anymore

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

LOL.. you need help son

Refute my point, or be quiet. Does that sound fair?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

LOL.. you need help son

ditto

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

LOL.. you need help son

ditto

Dude, read our back-and-forth. I already ditto'd.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

LOL.. you need help son

ditto

Dude, read our back-and-forth. I already ditto'd.

We've been dittoing this whole time

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 trugs26

@Couth_ said:

@trugs26 said:

@Couth_ said:

@trugs26 said:

If you read and interpreted it wrong that's not my fault and its not my problem. Never once did I say charizards statements are wrong. I did however say the title of his thread is incorrect (which it is). And I did point to that thread being the cause of the doubt which jg4xchamp highlighted in his original post, and I answered.. Your boy lundy is on another hype and I don't even know what he's talking about anymore

Sure mate. Keep telling yourself that.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Couth_

@trugs26 said:

@Couth_ said:

@trugs26 said:

@Couth_ said:

@trugs26 said:

Sure mate. Keep telling yourself that.

'av a good one m8

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lundy86_4

@Couth_ said:

We haven't... At all. A "ditto" would mean replicating... The argument has evolved... ****.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Couth_

@lundy86_4 said:

@Couth_ said:

We haven't... At all. A "ditto" would mean replicating... The argument has evolved... ****.

I can tell this isn't your first time doing this