Club Nintendo Rewards | November 2013 (Better Than XBL)

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#101 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

No no, your 3DS. You put the serial number of your 3DS on the bar line, not a game that has no Club Nintendo card.

You are talking about the Mario game that was preloaded? How to get points for that game?

I already input the 3DS. The Points for the 3DS worked, bu the pre installed Mario game gave no points. Although, I'm told if you buy it digital or retail, you get points. In fact, I know that's the case. I didn't get extra points for Mario 3D land, but I did get the points for the 3DS.

Resident Evil Merc 3DS had no Club Nintendo Card.

EDIT: I think I understand. I wasn't clear. I got the points for the Flame Red 3DS, but not the Super Mario 3D Land that was included Pre-Installed. My point was I have at least two 3DS games, one digital and one Retail, that gave no Club Nintendo points.

Oh I thought you couldn't get your 3DS registered. lol

though you should have got a 3D Land credit for it. When I got my WiiU Nintendo Land didn't come with a Nintendo Card, but just by simply registering my Deluxe WiiU I got the survey and the coins for Nintendo Land.

Sucks it didn't happen for you and 3D Land.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@SolidTy said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

No no, your 3DS. You put the serial number of your 3DS on the bar line, not a game that has no Club Nintendo card.

You are talking about the Mario game that was preloaded? How to get points for that game?

I already input the 3DS. The Points for the 3DS worked, bu the pre installed Mario game gave no points. Although, I'm told if you buy it digital or retail, you get points. In fact, I know that's the case. I didn't get extra points for Mario 3D land, but I did get the points for the 3DS.

Resident Evil Merc 3DS had no Club Nintendo Card.

EDIT: I think I understand. I wasn't clear. I got the points for the Flame Red 3DS, but not the Super Mario 3D Land that was included Pre-Installed. My point was I have at least two 3DS games, one digital and one Retail, that gave no Club Nintendo points.

Oh I thought you couldn't get your 3DS registered. lol

though you should have got a 3D Land credit for it. When I got my WiiU Nintendo Land didn't come with a Nintendo Card, but just by simply registering my Deluxe WiiU I got the survey and the coins for Nintendo Land.

Sucks it didn't happen for you and 3D Land.

For the record, it didn't happen for my copy of Nintendoland on Wii U either...and I bought it at launch. It had the option for the flame red 3DS, but not Mario 3D. Strange.

Then again, I don't register this stuff immediately after buying, I can't bothered with it as my time is limited and I forget. I get around to it, but I didn't get credit for Nintendoland and I got the deluxe at launch last year. I got credit for the Wii U, but not NIntendoland. I did get credit for Super Mario Wii U though, but I bought that separate.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

I still cant wrap my head around the title saying "better than xbl" when it clearly isn't.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

I still cant wrap my head around the title saying "better than xbl" when it clearly isn't.

It must be, it's Nintendo. Everyone drop to your knees and ask forgiveness, Nintendo games are the best forever and ever [sarcasm].

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Cherokee_Jack said:

Yeah, 15 years from now you can dig out the old Wii and play Link to the Past. Because even when Nintendo does figure out unified accounts and content licenses, we really can't count on any of that content being carried over to their new systems. Getting to keep what's on the old consoles until they die is small consolation.

This is so misleading. In spite of the lack of the fabled unified account, Nintendo so far has been the only company that has shown any initiative in your purchases transferring from one generation of hardware to the next, first with DSi to 3DS, and then with Wii to Wii U. Neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to do that, in spite of having all the infrastructure for a unified account in place. My XBL content won't carry forward from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, and nothing from PS3 or PSP will carry forward to PS4 or PS Vita.

I have more confidence that a 3DS or Wii U game that I buy digitally would be accessible on a future Nintendo that I presumably buy than I do for either Sony or Microsoft's machines. Especially in the absence of a unified account, that speaks volumes.

Uh yeah, of course the first company to launch a successor to a console that had downloadable games is the first to address transferring purchases...maybe we should wait until the PS4 and X1 have been out for a little while, before declaring that nothing will ever carry over.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56448/microsoft-exploring-ways-to-bring-xbla-games-to-xbox-one/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#106 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Cherokee_Jack said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Cherokee_Jack said:

Yeah, 15 years from now you can dig out the old Wii and play Link to the Past. Because even when Nintendo does figure out unified accounts and content licenses, we really can't count on any of that content being carried over to their new systems. Getting to keep what's on the old consoles until they die is small consolation.

This is so misleading. In spite of the lack of the fabled unified account, Nintendo so far has been the only company that has shown any initiative in your purchases transferring from one generation of hardware to the next, first with DSi to 3DS, and then with Wii to Wii U. Neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to do that, in spite of having all the infrastructure for a unified account in place. My XBL content won't carry forward from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, and nothing from PS3 or PSP will carry forward to PS4 or PS Vita.

I have more confidence that a 3DS or Wii U game that I buy digitally would be accessible on a future Nintendo that I presumably buy than I do for either Sony or Microsoft's machines. Especially in the absence of a unified account, that speaks volumes.

Uh yeah, of course the first company to launch a successor to a console that had downloadable games is the first to address transferring purchases...maybe we should wait until the PS4 and X1 have been out for a little while, before declaring that nothing will ever carry over.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/56448/microsoft-exploring-ways-to-bring-xbla-games-to-xbox-one/

Yes, we should 'wait.' Simple fact of the matter is, as of right now, both of them have confirmed that nothing carries over. Nintendo had already listed the transfer process by this time.

In any case, this does not invalidate my point that content being carried forward is completely independent of the existence of a unified account.