Clock Tower's Successor Nightcry Announced (teaser)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

celebrate while you still can, I was very excited too for a new Japanese survival/horror game until: Vita/iOS/Android only **** me

If you notice any similarities with the movie The Grudge that's because the writer of the game is the same one that wrote Ju-On. The Grudge is a remake of Ju-On.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/03/nightcry-the-spiritual-successor-to-clock-tower-gets-a-live-action-teaser

Clock Tower 3 on PS2. This one is the only one I have played like over 10 years ago. Despite the average reviews I think this game was way above that. Story and setting were very intriguing but the premise was a bit silly. Gameplay is what you would expect, very similar to Silent Hill when it comes to the item collection and puzzles but hardly any fighting. Instead you have a panic meter that when full it limits your movements. This game it what we these days would call in a negative light as "cinematic" although there are no QTE's.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Considering how terrible the last one was, no thanks.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I loved Clock Tower however Nightcry does not look good in the slightest.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

which one do you consider to be the last? Clock Tower 3 or Haunting Ground? Because seriously, neither of those 2 are terrible games.

@nini200 said:

how can you tell from a live action teaser? We have not even seen concept art for the game. Although it being a mobile only game put my interest below 0.

And how come only 2 people seem to care about this long running series that has been going since the Snes days?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I remember Clocktower it was one of those games that you thought oh wow this looks really weird and good like D2 etc (which was crap) then you play it and you say oh wow it's COMPLETELY shit then you just say oh wow again because you can't believe how completely stupid you are for playing games that look like they might be great but totally aren't.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

lolphoneexclusive.

Horror is dead.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@nini200 said:

how can you tell from a live action teaser? We have not even seen concept art for the game. Although it being a mobile only game put my interest below 0.

And how come only 2 people seem to care about this long running series that has been going since the Snes days?

Just from that fact alone. It's a live action teaser. By todays standards, it should be CG. There's no reason why the developers of Nightcry couldnt do CG. That alone tells me that the devs are lazy.

Not sure why only 2 people seem to care about this series but I'm willing to bet if it was a PS4 exclusive, it'd be all over SW

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#8  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@millerlight89 said:

which one do you consider to be the last? Clock Tower 3 or Haunting Ground? Because seriously, neither of those 2 are terrible games.

@nini200 said:

Clock Tower has always been a niche series, despite its impact on the survival horror genre. Without the psychological horror of Clock Tower, we wouldn't have the likes of Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, or Amnesia. But because other horror games came along that improved on it, Clock Tower became forgotten.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@Gue1 said:

@millerlight89 said:

@nini200 said:

Clock Tower has always been a niche series, despite its impact on the survival horror genre. Without the psychological horror of Clock Tower, we wouldn't have the likes of Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, or Amnesia. But because other horror games came along that improved on it, Clock Tower became forgotten.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this game.

Amnesia? While it's creators might used some inspirations from it, those aren't really any elements unique to Clock Tower. I doubt Amnesia would be much different if at all if Clock Tower would never happen.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@Gue1 said:

celebrate while you still can, I was very excited too for a new Japanese survival/horror game until: Vita/iOS/Android only **** me

lel