Child of Light

#1 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5634 posts) -

Why is this not getting hype at all?!

#2 Posted by TheEroica (13695 posts) -

I've been hyping this on system wars since it was announced. I absolutely can't wait for this one.

#3 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26574 posts) -

Game looks pretty however it also looks very very boring.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

It's a short game for a RPG from what I read.10-12 hours, so I hope they price it $15.

"“There’s this perception that if it’s not on a disc or it doesn’t retail for 60 dollars, it’s not worth it,” Plourde concluded. “And that mentality is changing. For me Child of Light is as valuable is a 60 dollar game and it’s as long, it’s a long game – more than 10 hours, easily.”

The coop looks like it could be fun too.

#5 Posted by Basinboy (11230 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I've been hyping this on system wars since it was announced. I absolutely can't wait for this one.

Ditto

#6 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

Looks good to me

#7 Posted by lamprey263 (24154 posts) -

looks good for a downloadable game, but nothing I see seems worth being super excited about

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

10 hours is definately not short.

As always I'm here bitch about the RPG Elements. But in this case I can simplify my usual rant into one word.... TRINE !

Its just better. :p

#9 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

It's a short game for a RPG from what I read.10-12 hours, so I hope they price it $15.

"“There’s this perception that if it’s not on a disc or it doesn’t retail for 60 dollars, it’s not worth it,” Plourde concluded. “And that mentality is changing. For me Child of Light is as valuable is a 60 dollar game and it’s as long, it’s a long game – more than 10 hours, easily.”

The coop looks like it could be fun too.

You can preorder the PC version on Amazon for $15 and get a $5 credit. I am just assuming $15 is the price on all platforms.

#10 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

You Bastard ! ! ! Why didn't you tell me this Game has Local Co-op ? You know I can't say anything bad about games with co-op :(.

I just realized why this game isn't getting hype despite it coming out so soon.

Its being made by Ubisoft and they aren't known for making "JRPGs"

on top of that... I've never seen a JRPG with co-op. Maybe people think it won't work out.

Anyway... The bottom line is.... Theres local Co-Op. Thats all that matters.

#11 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34157 posts) -

yeah, the game does look pretty good. I will likely buy it when the opportunity arises.

#12 Edited by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

Dont have a PS4 yet sadly otherwise i would get it as it looks really nice

#13 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72275 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Why is this not getting hype at all?!

i think it looks amazing

#14 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16623 posts) -

Artstyle looks amazing, but that doesn't surprise me as it's on the same engine as Rayman Origins & Legends.

Gameplay is not my cup of tea, but seeing as how I liked South Park, I guess I'll give it a try...

#15 Posted by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

While i'm usually not a fan of turn based combat I like the approach they seem to be taking with Child of Light. I plan on picking it up on day one.

#16 Edited by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

@Heil68: wasn't South Park that long and they charged $60?

And I will be getting it on my Wii U. B)

#17 Posted by osan0 (12741 posts) -

im hoping for a vita version so i wont be getting it day one. but if it looks like it wont be coming to the vita then i will be getting it on PC.

#18 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

@finalstar2007: isn't it releasing for pretty much every platform? PS3, 360, Wii U, Steam? I didn't even know it was coming out for PS4/X1

#19 Posted by jg4xchamp (48345 posts) -

It looks pretty good for an Ubisoft game.

It's biggest hurdle is being an Ubisoft game.

#20 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

Anticipation is high.

#21 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3611 posts) -

Looks like fun.

#22 Posted by jake44 (2021 posts) -

I'll get it during a steam sale.

#23 Posted by nini200 (9824 posts) -

The game looks great. I hear it's short though

#24 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@finalstar2007: isn't it releasing for pretty much every platform? PS3, 360, Wii U, Steam? I didn't even know it was coming out for PS4/X1

I know its coming for PS3 dont know about the other platforms but anything that is interesting and also on the PS4 has be bought on the PS4.. trying my best to slowly move away from the PS3 but the amount of games coming out on the PS3 monthly make that pretty hard.

#25 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

Looks awesome but I'm playing catch up on a lot of games.

#26 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

@finalstar2007: Fair enough. I'd probably do the same in your situation. Have you been getting your PS4 Plus games? I think you can purchase them through the browser or the mobile app even if you don't have a PS4, that way you can already have a nice library of indies.

#27 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -
@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@finalstar2007: Fair enough. I'd probably do the same in your situation. Have you been getting your PS4 Plus games? I think you can purchase them through the browser or the mobile app even if you don't have a PS4, that way you can already have a nice library of indies.

I sure do! been doing it via PC browser, all the indies plus the CoD:Ghosts upgrade and AC4 upgrade not to mention infamous second son which i already bought.. a lot of PS4 games are waiting to be played :P

#28 Posted by nervmeister (15270 posts) -

The art style is goddamn gorgeous. No doubt about that. And the RPG gameplay looks solid. So I say it's worth a try.

#29 Posted by blamix99 (2050 posts) -

looks great

#30 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@Heil68: wasn't South Park that long and they charged $60?

And I will be getting it on my Wii U. B)

I'm thinking about getting it on the Wii U as well, because I like the touch screen interface for turn-based games. I'm kind of waiting on Ubisoft to announce a whole host of missing features for that version to change my mind before release, though.

#31 Edited by travisturk2 (8 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93:

it has hype and it is garbage. I can't believe they had the nerve to call it a 60$ game. I could only spend 10$ tops for these 10 hours of gameplay.

#32 Edited by SolidTy (43752 posts) -

@travisturk2 said:

@93BlackHawk93:

it has hype and it is garbage. I can't believe they had the nerve to call it a 60$ game. I could only spend 10$ tops for these 10 hours of gameplay.

It's not $60. Yes reviews say it is short, but Child of Light is only $14.99 as a DD title.

Of course, I don't pay full price for DD games so I'll pick it up on a sale months from now.

#33 Edited by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@travisturk2 said:

@93BlackHawk93:

it has hype and it is garbage. I can't believe they had the nerve to call it a 60$ game. I could only spend 10$ tops for these 10 hours of gameplay.

You necro'd this thread just to troll it?

Ok 6-posts guy, you'll do fine in SW

/s.

#34 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5339 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

It's a short game for a RPG from what I read.10-12 hours, so I hope they price it $15.

"“There’s this perception that if it’s not on a disc or it doesn’t retail for 60 dollars, it’s not worth it,” Plourde concluded. “And that mentality is changing. For me Child of Light is as valuable is a 60 dollar game and it’s as long, it’s a long game – more than 10 hours, easily.”

The coop looks like it could be fun too.

That perception needs to die and burn in a pit of flames already! I hyped so many digital download games last gen on here and I always got "no pyshical who cares" form 90% of system wars people... It drove me crazy so I stopped mentioning anything DD becuase people on here are closed minded as the come. Sad really. So many great DD games for $5-20 out there, either indie or studio made.

#35 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@ Midnightshade29

The first I realized DD was worth it is When I saw the Review for Lara Croft and The Guardian of Life.

I've never thought less of DD Games after that. Except how much I really wished I had this game on Disk

#36 Edited by Wanderer5 (25721 posts) -

Such a beautiful game that just wants you to explore. Just got the ability to fly around, so I pretty excited to do so throughout. Combat is pretty nice too, I like you can slow down enemies time to act especially. Did I forget to mention it is beautiful? Ubisoft been rocking with 2D recently.

#37 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3639 posts) -

Will play it this week .

#38 Edited by freedomfreak (40905 posts) -
@Wanderer5 said:

Such a beautiful game that just wants you to explore. Just got the ability to fly around, so I pretty excited to do so throughout. Combat is pretty nice too, I like you can slow down enemies time to act especially. Did I forget to mention it is beautiful? Ubisoft been rocking with 2D recently.

Not to mention the soundtrack is incredible.

Also, the lass that made the music is quite the looker.

#39 Edited by The-Apostle (12190 posts) -

Played the trial and deleted it. Not my kind of game.

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Midnightshade29

The first I realized DD was worth it is When I saw the Review for Lara Croft and The Guardian of Life.

I've never thought less of DD Games after that. Except how much I really wished I had this game on Disk

GoL was a far better game.

#40 Posted by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

@Wanderer5 said:

Such a beautiful game that just wants you to explore. Just got the ability to fly around, so I pretty excited to do so throughout. Combat is pretty nice too, I like you can slow down enemies time to act especially. Did I forget to mention it is beautiful? Ubisoft been rocking with 2D recently.

It's been great thus far and I just got the ability to fly as well!

#41 Posted by CTR360 (7102 posts) -

its awesome too bad its only digital release if have retail copy i buy it

#42 Posted by Terrencec06 (3552 posts) -

I played about a hour of it. It's pretty good so far.

#43 Edited by da_illest101 (7521 posts) -

I don't see what's so special about it to be honest. It doesn't look bad at all and i'll play it someday, but I'm not ultra excited for it

#44 Posted by santoron (7774 posts) -

Will have it downloaded in 2 minutes. If it stinks I'll haunt you all!!!! >:)<

#45 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

Not to overstate it but I truly believe this game is in the top 5 most artistically beautiful games of all time. Like the first time you played Okami beautiful.

Soundtrack is also VERY well done.

#46 Posted by travisturk2 (8 posts) -

@SolidTy:

I know but ubisoft said they thought it was worth 60$. my buddy likes it but i'm not to big on downloadable only games.

#47 Edited by travisturk2 (8 posts) -

@Spartan070:

is that all I have? sorry pal, I just don't like this game at 15 dollars. I don't like strike suit either or many other downloadable only games. I don't like fairies either. if you like this game I am happy for you. I have never been accused of being a troll on any forum though.

#48 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14433 posts) -

I don't know, I would say it has to do with only being 8-10 hours, but for the price it sounds more than reasonable.