Casual gaming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

hate to break it to to you but all console only gamers as casual gamers.

Consoles were invented so poor people could play games, it the same now.

Anyone with cash is a PC gamer, cutting edge takes cash, if you aint got it get a console, its the poor mans pc.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
actually when consoles were invented they were only for hardcore gamers. That's why NES games are generally more difficult than games today. It was a slow slide, and nowmost games are easy, because they have to have a wider audience
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

no

period

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

actually when consoles were invented they were only for hardcore gamers. That's why NES games are generally more difficult than games today. It was a slow slide, and nowmost games are easy, because they have to have a wider audienceGunSmith1_basic

Game like Contra were hardcore, but others like Super Mario Bros. are casual.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tenaka2

actually when consoles were invented they were only for hardcore gamers. That's why NES games are generally more difficult than games today. It was a slow slide, and nowmost games are easy, because they have to have a wider audienceGunSmith1_basic

Wider audience = poeple that can deal with a complicated keyboard interface, thats why consoles were invented, it still holds true for the present time.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23051 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"]actually when consoles were invented they were only for hardcore gamers. That's why NES games are generally more difficult than games today. It was a slow slide, and nowmost games are easy, because they have to have a wider audienceblizzvalve

Game like Contra were hardcore, but others like Super Mario Bros. are casual.

Haha, I remember Mario being sooooo hard. My dad and I got competitive and raced each other to see who could beat it first. It took months before one of us was successful.

Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
You say that people who only play on consoles are casuals. The arguement you give is that consoles are for poor people. Wow, you've actually made a thread by throwing in unrelated BS with the point you're trying to make and fail to back up. Congrats.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
What's really hardcore is BASIC programming for the Atari 2600.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
What's really hardcore is BASIC programming for the Atari 2600.JiveT
Please... No more binary coding... :cry:
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tenaka2

You say that people who only play on consoles are casuals. The arguement you give is that consoles are for poor people. Wow, you've actually made a thread by throwing in unrelated BS with the point you're trying to make and fail to back up. Congrats.Gallion-Beast

Easy to back up, consoles are aimed at people that find gaming on pc's to compliated or expensive. Its not a difficult topic and easy to counter if you had the wit. its a shame really.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

hate to break it to to you but all console only gamers as casual gamers.

Consoles were invented so poor people could play games, it the same now.

Anyone with cash is a PC gamer, cutting edge takes cash, if you aint got it get a console, its the poor mans pc.

tenaka2

:| I would call it preference, money isnt an issue for me, i would rather play on a console.

dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts

:| I would call it preference, money isnt an issue for me, i would rather play on a console.-Sora

This is newcomer. He never saw old good PC games and think that modern PC crap are games.

Buying gaming PC today = just thrown in the window money

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts

hold up there boss. u say consoles are invented so poor people can play games. and because there poor, there also casual gamers because of this? so only wealthy people can be hardcore gamers? then u go on to say that everyone with wads of cash all go out and get top of the line PCs? what if they dont like PCs? what if there petrol heads? im afraid i find ure logic flawed. perhaps you could explain in more detail?

also, as i see it, PC is probably the most widespread causal machine on the planet. sure it gets its crysises and its HL2s (to be honest the PC has a very wide and diverse selection of games though....its catalogue is massive) and it has the most powerful hardware available but more people play games like the sims and windows solitaire. look at top 10 chats for PC sales..theres usually 2-3 sims titles there somewhere. very very few people have 8800GTXs and quad core processors. have a look at the stats from steam. ull be surprised at the results.

-Sora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Sora
Member since 2004 • 15152 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sora"]:| I would call it preference, money isnt an issue for me, i would rather play on a console.dimar19

This is newcomer. He never saw old good PC games and think that modern PC crap are games.

Buying gaming PC today = just thrown in the window money

You dont know me, so shut up.

FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
aka you know nothing about gaming and think your cool cause you bought an expensive PC and somehow that makes you think your better than everyone else.