Casual gamers will deffinatly go for the ps3 of the 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 5starsteve
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts

This has come up alot in recent threads and I cannot believe people think that the 360 will appeal more.Here are my reasons why the ps3 will appeal more to casual gamers.Feel free to argue, although i expect alot of "ps3 = rubbish" and typical brainless replies like that:

The vast majority of casual gamers own playstaion 2's, and love them, it is natural to buy the ps3

The ps3 has a "cooler" image and better design to its console, style and appearance will matter to casual gamers, I don't think they will choose a console that looks like it was designed by a 5 year old, green and silver?who came up with that

Casual gamers will be used to the ps2 controller and the 360 contoller isn't very appealing to someone who isn't used to it

The playstation has had 2 of the most successful consoles in history and is a more established brand than the xbox

Casual gamers do not enjoy fps, they enjoy sports sims and gta

They will not want to pay EXTRA for online, although they wont play online that much

If they have heard about the rrod, they will not buy one, they wont care about the extended warranty, a console that breaks very easily-no thanks

The ps3 is the newest most powerful console, they wont want a 2 year old console as their new toy

Obviously my opinions have been gained from my own friends opinions, but I believe these are valid points.

CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
The price will turn casuals away from the PS3.
5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 5starsteve
£30, of $50, less than 1 game, will not have a great affect
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Why would a PS2 owner go to a PS3 it is not like they can play the PS2 games on the PS3.
OregonTrailing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OregonTrailing
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts
People bought the PS2 because it was cheap and had games. Neither can be said about the PS3.
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

Why would a PS2 owner go to a PS3 it is not like they can play the PS2 games on the PS3.Eltroz

Perhaps because they already own a PS2?

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]Why would a PS2 owner go to a PS3 it is not like they can play the PS2 games on the PS3.Jynxzor

Still does not answer. There is no big draw for a PS2 owner to switch to a PS3 when they can not play their PS2 games on the PS3. It is just switching to a new system and starting from scratch which would be the same as a 360 and a 360 has a much better game libary

And do not bring up the older skus because for a new buyer there is only 50%BC or no PS2 BC at all.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Price. Fail.
Dusty-Ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dusty-Ps3
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts

They will but they aren't

I go left and right at the same time

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

The price will turn casuals away from the PS3.CJL13

Man I usually just read SW post instead of joining in but..

LMAO!!! People still are trying to use price against the PS3?

Alrighty.

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OmegaOrtega

People bought the PS2 because it was cheap and had games. Neither can be said about the PS3.OregonTrailing

It is indeed not cheap though.

But saying it's expensive compared to 360 isn't as valid as it used to be.

Compared to the 360 Arcade lol... And Wii though it is indeed expensive.

macmutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 macmutt
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

Interesting points, but the only thing you forgot is people will prefer to get the Wii over both 360 and PS3.

Which has already been proven according to sales and sold out stores everywhere.

People are looking for a new gaming experience with a system that still has the most amount of exclusives left on it.

Oh yeah and the highest rated game of all time on the planet...Super Mario Galaxy baby

Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
So many factors add up against the PS3. Price, controller, games (both in their nature and their quality), lack of features, the Xbox 360 having a lot of its games, the PS3 is the hardcore of hardcore. Casual gamers will naturally go to the Wii.
OregonTrailing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OregonTrailing
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

[QUOTE="OregonTrailing"]People bought the PS2 because it was cheap and had games. Neither can be said about the PS3.OmegaOrtega

PS2 sales didn't take off until the price was lowered to $199. This is the mass market appeal price. How long before the PS3 gets there? Three, four years? Maybe never. People don't understand that a gamer who buys a console just to play Madden isn't going to spend more than $200.

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
ps3 40 gb is arounf the same price as a 360 pack . u get alot more with a ps3 . you get 40gb hard drive a blu ray player motion censor HDMI free online u get run linux and much more . 360 cant do as much even if you buy all the upgrades and it will cost alot more.
briney1819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 briney1819
Member since 2003 • 93 Posts

This has come up alot in recent threads and I cannot believe people think that the 360 will appeal more.Here are my reasons why the ps3 will appeal more to casual gamers.Feel free to argue, although i expect alot of "ps3 = rubbish" and typical brainless replies like that:

The vast majority of casual gamers own playstaion 2's, and love them, it is natural to buy the ps3

The ps3 has a "cooler" image and better design to its console, style and appearance will matter to casual gamers, I don't think they will choose a console that looks like it was designed by a 5 year old, green and silver?who came up with that

Casual gamers will be used to the ps2 controller and the 360 contoller isn't very appealing to someone who isn't used to it

The playstation has had 2 of the most successful consoles in history and is a more established brand than the xbox

They will not want to pay EXTRA for online, although they wont play online that much

If they have heard about the rrod, they will not buy one, they wont care about the extended warranty, a console that breaks very easily-no thanks

The ps3 is the newest most powerful console, they wont want a 2 year old console as their new toy

Obviously my opinions have been gained from my own friends opinions, but I believe these are valid points.

5starsteve

it's also a year old and has a mild game line up, you would think such an established and powerful console would have a much better lineup or at least on par with the competition. and being online is very big part of the new consoles and the 360's is superior at this point and i really don't mind paying a few cents a day for what it offers. also u make it sound like the xbox still hasn't proven itself or it's brand and the only example i need to show is halo3, while theirs other reasons that one is one of the most obvious. sorry but i'm really not seeing the ps2 domination of the console market transfer over to the ps3 at all.

5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 5starsteve
I admit the wii is appealing and winningat the moment.I'm just saying that the ps3 will outsell 360 because of casual gamers.The 360 is seen as a geeky hardcore consol to casual gamers.The price wont have an effect either will 360's fps.The 360 isn't as new or groundbreaking as it was, it brings little new to the next gen apart from fps.It doesn't matter about the size of the wii library, nearly all the games that appeal to casual gamers are available to both; fifa pro ev, and other sports sims and with the association of gta with playstation, how many copies did it sell on the xbox?most casual gamers wont even be aware it was out on the xbox, I nearly forgot!
5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 5starsteve
I admit the wii is appealing and winningat the moment.I'm just saying that the ps3 will outsell 360 because of casual gamers.The 360 is seen as a geeky hardcore consol to casual gamers.The price wont have an effect either will 360's fps.The 360 isn't as new or groundbreaking as it was, it brings little new to the next gen apart from fps.It doesn't matter about the size of the360* library, nearly all the games that appeal to casual gamers are available to both; fifa pro ev, and other sports sims and with the association of gta with playstation, how many copies did it sell on the xbox?most casual gamers wont even be aware it was out on the xbox, I nearly forgot!5starsteve
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 OmegaOrtega
[QUOTE="OmegaOrtega"]

[QUOTE="OregonTrailing"]People bought the PS2 because it was cheap and had games. Neither can be said about the PS3.OregonTrailing

PS2 sales didn't take off until the price was lowered to $199. This is the mass market appeal price. How long before the PS3 gets there? Three, four years? Maybe never. People don't understand that a gamer who buys a console just to play Madden isn't going to spend more than $200.

Right yet the 360 has done fine being priced originally at $399 and still has kept momentum. Not talking about Japan though.

Funny people who buy a console just to play Madden. Where I work, we can't keep Madden 08 in stock for 360, hell even the PS3 version is being checked out.

Though I must say the headstart helped alot, but I will give the 360 it's credit for still keeping up momentum with both PS3 and Wii out, while clearly being above the $200 price point.

bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#20 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts

A "Casual" friend of mine just bought a PS3 actually...even after a year of me telling him that the 360 was probably the best all-around system for casuals at this point. Simply because of the software library. Price drop and the "cool" image of the PS3 are carrying more weight than logic or game library it seems.

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deviates1080
Member since 2006 • 1926 Posts

5starsteve

:lol: Some comical points.

Firstly, just because PS2 was successful you believe PS3 will be too? So why are Sega no longer making consoles, and how come Nintendo after being dominant with the SNES have problems with their next two consoles. History is no basis to judge a consoles performance on.

Secondly the image thing is purely subjective, but on this point I'm pretty sure it was the PS3 that got the most stick for it's looks.

Controller argument once again makes no sense, the highest selling console this generation (apperantly aimed at casuals) has a completley different control system to the PS3 and 360. In comparison with the Wii the PS3 and 360 controllers are very similar.

Casual gamers don't enjoy FPS?! Since when?

RROD I can't deny may be an issue, one of your valid points.

They won't want a 2 year old console with a far superior game library to the PS3 as it stands at the moment? Yeah that makes sense. Because casuals don't care about the games that are available to them....

Surely only a fakeboy could have come up with such a terrible list of reasonsin support of the PS3?

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

$280 360 vs $400 PS3.

All that vs a $250 Wii that stores still cannot keep in stock.

Casuals will go, for the most part Wii > 360 > PS3 in that order. No doubt in my mind.

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OmegaOrtega

A "Casual" friend of mine just bought a PS3 actually...even after a year of me telling him that the 360 was probably the best all-around system for casuals at this point. Simply because of the software library. Price drop and the "cool" image of the PS3 are carrying more weight than logic or game library it seems.

bryehngeocef

I too know a somewhat casual friend. And my head almost did a 360 when he bought a PS3, I couldn't believe it.

He used to be so hyped up for Gears and Halo.

DuDisNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 DuDisNow
Member since 2007 • 2741 Posts

Casuals are buying the Wii. It's the cheapest.

thinicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thinicer
Member since 2006 • 3704 Posts

I admit the wii is appealing and winningat the moment.I'm just saying that the ps3 will outsell 360 because of casual gamers.The 360 is seen as a geeky hardcore consol to casual gamers.The price wont have an effect either will 360's fps.The 360 isn't as new or groundbreaking as it was, it brings little new to the next gen apart from fps.It doesn't matter about the size of the wii library, nearly all the games that appeal to casual gamers are available to both; fifa pro ev, and other sports sims and with the association of gta with playstation, how many copies did it sell on the xbox?most casual gamers wont even be aware it was out on the xbox, I nearly forgot!5starsteve

This entire post is full of big assumptions. Not everybody who buys one console over the other is a fanboy. Those who bought PS2s last gen are now buying Xbox 360s, and they're doing it for two very important reasons: price & content. I know lots of families with kids that have had PS2s and now have Xbox 360s, not PS3s.

The Playstation 2 was a year older than the Xbox, its graphics were inferior, it didn't have a unified online service and its owners had to buy a separate adapter for internet connectivity. How come casuals didn't take these disadvantages into account then? I'm just asking you, because you say that casuals won't want a system that is "a year older", yet they bought the PS2?The Xbox also revolutionized online play for video game consoles, it was unified, and it was 100x better than anything the PS2 had. Yet casuals still bought the PS2 over the Xbox. Why is that?

I'll tell you why,because the PS2 had the winning formula - price & content. It had a huge game library and it cost the same as the Xbox. Casuals care about having access to the games that matter to them most, and GTA is one of those.

Now, the tables have turned. It's the Xbox 360 that has the advantage in both price and content. The Xbox 360 is cheaper (and always will be) and it has the much stronger library of titles right now. Casuals are taking notice of this. They want to play Halo 3, not Ratchet & Clank. And GTA4 is a multi-plat simultanious release so there is no advantage that Sony is getting from it. In fact, it favors Xbox 360 because it's the cheaper hardware platform - may be even cheaper by the time GTA4 comes out.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="bryehngeocef"]

OmegaOrtega

I too know a somewhat casual friend. And my head almost did a 360 when he bought a PS3, I couldn't believe it.

I know 145 casuals, all of them bought 360s....

Anecdotal evidence FTL!

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 OmegaOrtega
[QUOTE="OmegaOrtega"][QUOTE="bryehngeocef"]

SpruceCaboose

I know 145 casuals, all of them bought 360s....

Anecdotal evidence FTL!

What I'm saying is that I didn't expect him to buy a PS3, that is all.

I expected him to get a 360 since he is somewhat casual, but I was wrong.

5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 5starsteve
[QUOTE="5starsteve"]

deviates1080

Firstly, just because PS2 was successful you believe PS3 will be too? So why are Sega no longer making consoles, and how come Nintendo after being dominant with the SNES have problems with their next two consoles. History is no basis to judge a consoles performance on.

Secondly the image thing is purely subjective, but on this point I'm pretty sure it was the PS3 that got the most stick for it's looks.

Controller argument once again makes no sense, the highest selling console this generation (apperantly aimed at casuals) has a completley different control system to the PS3 and 360. In comparison with the Wii the PS3 and 360 controllers are very similar.

They won't want a 2 year old console with a far superior game library to the PS3 as it stands at the moment? Yeah that makes sense. Because casuals don't care about the games that are available to them....

Surely only a fakeboy could have come up with such a terrible list of reasonsin support of the PS3?

I can't deny that my opinions appear fanboish because it seems to be the only way to get attention on this forum.But ur reply has 10X more fanboyism!

haha ursuch a hypocrite

I'll just be safe in my knowledge casual gamers will not buy a games games consol with a hardcore image, and no mostcasual gamers do not play fps, very valid, none of my friends play them, and they are far better on the pc

RBlair21088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RBlair21088
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts
Goto any college dorm in the US and you will find mroe 360s than PS3s. The fact of the matter is more people ahve 360s so it is seen as acceptable to own one whereas the PS3 has the hardcore gasmer nerd image attached to it since few people own them. This is a major factor in determining casual console sales. Look at wow, any other mmo players get scorn and ridicule, but since so many people play WoW it's become acceptable. As a side note Wii kicks 360 and PS3's ass when it comes to casuals but 360 is the runner up.
deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deviates1080
[QUOTE="deviates1080"][QUOTE="5starsteve"]

5starsteve

I can't deny that my opinions appear fanboish because it seems to be the only way to get attention on this forum.But ur reply has 10X more fanboyism!

haha ursuch a hypocrite

I'll just be safe in my knowledge casual gamers will not buy a games games consol with a hardcore image, and no mostcasual gamers do not play fps, very valid, none of my friends play them, and they are far better on the pc

Lol sure dude, my post is clearly fanboyish. Especially since I don't come down on either side, merely show the lack of logic in your arguments. Which parts are fanboyish by the way?

You obviously didn't understanad the last sentence I wrote so let me help explain it. I'm implying you are a fakeboy, not a fanboy who has intentionally put together a list of the worst arguments in support of the PS3. There are far better reasons to own one and a proper fanboy would not have forgotten to mention them.

Mad_Rhetoric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mad_Rhetoric
Member since 2005 • 3642 Posts

:lol:

thanks for the laugh

5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 5starsteve
[QUOTE="5starsteve"][QUOTE="deviates1080"][QUOTE="5starsteve"]

deviates1080

haha ursuch a hypocrite

Lol sure dude, my post is clearly fanboyish. Especially since I don't come down on either side, merely show the lack of logic in your arguments. Which parts are fanboyish by the way?

You obviously didn't understanad the last sentence I wrote so let me help explain it. I'm implying you are a fakeboy, not a fanboy who has intentionally put together a list of the worst arguments in support of the PS3. There are far better reasons to own one and a proper fanboy would not have forgotten to mention them.

Sorry I'am not down with your forum lingo, I don't spend that much time on these forums, as my points are met by closed minded people like you.I don't think my list is terrible, it obviously not up to your devine standards but I feel there are valid opinions, although not concrete and not everyone will agree with them.All my points are a result of my own experiences.I agree there are many reasons to buy a ps3 i just focussed on what I believe will appeal to a casual gamer.

deviates1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deviates1080

Sorry I'am not down with your forum lingo, I don't spend that much time on these forums, as my points are met by closed minded people like you.I don't think my list is terrible, it obviously not up to your devine standards but I feel there are valid opinions, although not concrete and not everyone will agree with them.All my points are a result of my own experiences.I agree there are many reasons to buy a ps3 i just focussed on what I believe will appeal to a casual gamer.

5starsteve

I wouldn't say close minded more argumentative, but when points don't make an awful lot of sense (such as the history of the the PS1 and 2s success having any relevance) it's difficult to say something good about them.

5starsteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 5starsteve
fair enough mate, that was abit of a poor point, but it will have abit of an impact
Pimpshigity21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pimpshigity21
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

People bought the PS2 because it was cheap and had games. Neither can be said about the PS3.OregonTrailing

They also bought the PS2 because they believed the Sony lies. This time around most people are a little wiser.

But a few are still eating up the Sony BS with $600 ready to be burned away. There's a sucker born every minute...

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

You criticise people for making "brainless comments" to quote you, then you say the Ps3 has "a cooler image".

:| How can you say the largest console ever made is sleek? Heck why am i even talking to you. You're clearly a fanboy.

Your logic is flawed; nobody bought the gamecube, now look at the wii. The SNES dominated the console market; yet the playstation annihilated the N64. The past has no relevance what so ever.

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#37 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

Hehe, true

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ninja-Vox
Anyone else find it hugely hypocritical that this guy just called somebody else close-minded? :|
StealthedRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthedRogue
Member since 2006 • 1341 Posts
Past success=/=future success.
Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ninja-Vox

£30, of $50, less than 1 game, will not have a great affect5starsteve

What are you talking about? The cheapest PS3, bare-bones version is 299 pounds. You can get a 360 premium with halo 3 for 230. Or the arcade system for 170, which is highly likely to be the console a casual gamer would choose.

antifanboyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 antifanboyftw
Member since 2007 • 2214 Posts

no it wont. it didnt turn casuals away from the $400 xbox 360 last year. and believe it or not, they dont read reviews. they watch commercials. and we all know how awesome the new ps3 commercials are.

phantas777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 phantas777
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
[QUOTE="CJL13"]The price will turn casuals away from the PS3.deadmeat59
ps3 40 gb is arounf the same price as a 360 pack . u get alot more with a ps3 . you get 40gb hard drive a blu ray player motion censor HDMI free online u get run linux and much more . 360 cant do as much even if you buy all the upgrades and it will cost alot more.

you're forgetting this is an argument about the "casual." the casual could care less about the size of a HD, as could the majority of people for that matter - what is a casual going to do with more HD space?  blu-ray, again that's not a "casual" thing at all - they won't go out and get a blu-ray player until a.) it 100% wins the war, b.) drops significantly in price, and c.) widely expands its library and movie costs drops.  HDMI - you're speaking way over a "casuals" head, they couldn't tell you the difference between 1080p and 1080, in fact they don't even care as long as it looks good either way.  free online - likely won't be playing much online if at all.  run linux???  ok you're now speaking for like a very, very tiny fraction of the entire population of gamers.  "casuals" care about price, wide variety of games, and reliability.  the 360 has the PS3 in all those areas except the last and i still think the real winner between the two will be the first to drop down to $200.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts
[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]

[QUOTE="Eltroz"]Why would a PS2 owner go to a PS3 it is not like they can play the PS2 games on the PS3.Eltroz

Still does not answer. There is no big draw for a PS2 owner to switch to a PS3 when they can not play their PS2 games on the PS3. It is just switching to a new system and starting from scratch which would be the same as a 360 and a 360 has a much better game libary

And do not bring up the older skus because for a new buyer there is only 50%BC or no PS2 BC at all.

He is talking about casuals, do you really believe they care about last gen games?

phantas777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 phantas777
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts

5starsteve

-the casual didn't buy the PS2 until the last half of its lifetime, and that was due to the price.  it's not a "natural" thing, just the first one that gets to the $200 range will likely succeed.
-you contradict yourself about "cooler" image, as you might know the PS2 was forever grilled for its ugly design, yet it's the highest selling console out there.  image can help, but the past certainly signifies it's not everything.
-nintendo had some of the best selling consoles in history too, so i don't think there is a proven leader here and any can fall.
-casual gamers can get sports sims and GTA on the 360, so i have no idea why you made that a point.
-as you stated, casuals don't play online.
-agreed about the RROD - that will forever damper the 360, even if it's entirely fixed people will always remember that.
-newest most powerful console?  you fail here, original xbox was superior to the PS2 in all areas and was the "new toy" - people went for the 2 year old product instead.
you point and opinions are taken and appreciated, but they are just your opinions so don't blow off anyone who disagrees as a "brainless reply."
MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts

Casual gamers are gonna go for a 360 or a Wii. PS3 lost alot of people who would have bought one because of its initial price and mediocre game library. The casual gamer isn't hardcore and doesn't drool over Cell processors. He sees that both systems get the same games, and the X-Box is cheaper. The x-box comes with two quality games and this season they will be giving away Halo 3 for free. $349 for 2 good games and one great game... or $399 for no games, but you get spider-man 3 in HD... to watch on your SD TV. And unfortuanetly (not a fault of the PS3, but I think it hurts it) you can't watch Transformers or anything else from thatstudio on it... you'll need another $200 HD device.

Or you can spend $249 something that looks like it'll be alot of fun and that everyone from grandparents to college kidsare saying is alot of fun to play. And not just that, its the iPod of video game systems: the competition equals or betters it, but its the cool thing and it sells out everytime you ship it to the market.

I can't wait to see what NPD sales for Nov-Jan will be. I imagine PS3 will have a big increase in Nov, but it'll be interesting to see if they maintain it or its just a sales spike. It'll also be interesting to see if the other systems have noticeable sales drops. I'm guessing that the Wii will maintain or increase (its been increasing for the past few months and there haven't been any major titles yet, and now they finally have a super huge Halo 3/MGS4 level game for it) and the the 360 will maintain around 300K-400K per month.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

I think great marketing is part of the success of any product, the price is no big difference between PS3 and 360, the winner is the Wii I think, but the shortages will affect sales, it will be an interesting Holiday for all companies, I agree that alot of casuals will blindly look for the PS3, also built-in Blu-ray is a big feature, rechargeable batteries also.

a downer for both consoles and specially PS3 is the updates, if they affect the gameplay experience, it will be a problem after buying it, PS3 has a freezing problem with some games that need to be fixed with newer updates, plus, both consoles get new features with each update which is unfair, something like the themes for PS3 is lovable by casuals, both companies have to at least put their latest updates with their consoles..

The 360 has the RROD which even my bro in-law surprisingly knew about, he said to me "they payed 1 billion dollars to repair their latest console?!!! what's wrong with it?", then I said "it has some problem which makes it malfunction so they extended their warranty by this 1 billion", this image has to change for casuals.

MS has yet to market for Halo 3 again for this holiday to win consumers.

I only wonder if casuals prefer greater graphics or a unique controller?

lt-rickhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lt-rickhunter
Member since 2007 • 816 Posts
thanks 360 for giving alot of my friends RROD. i bet they are really pleased. thanks again 360
ChartTopper93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ChartTopper93
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts

5starsteve

one thing i'll say is if any casual gamer just hold a 360 controller and sees how comfortable it is there won't be a problem.