Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows 2 coming to PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Peredith (2289 posts) -

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/17/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-pc-release-confirmed/

:)

#2 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
Meh games are meh.
#3 Posted by siLVURcross (26106 posts) -
Bring back old school Castlevania yo.
#4 Posted by Aidenfury19 (2488 posts) -

Bring back old school Castlevania yo.siLVURcross

Unless you mean 2D platformer with bottomless pits, CLOS is closer to old-school Castlevania than what you're thinking. Also, how people can watch that trailer and not be psyched it beyond me.

#5 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Bring back old school Castlevania yo.siLVURcross

I agree, all this metroidvania and LOS trash needs to stop.

#6 Posted by WAJ (742 posts) -

I absolutely adored the first game and i'm very excited for no.2. Now I just have to decide which platform to get it on...

#7 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6745 posts) -
I know there are at least 2 threads on this. I would say that is 2 threads too many.
#8 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

TSHBO

#9 Posted by NerubianWeaver (2046 posts) -
The first one was actually good but never finish it due to its bland/dull graphics on consoles. Good thing, the sequel is now coming to the superior version ;)
#10 Posted by MBirdy88 (9025 posts) -
1 less reason to own a console. Darksiders, Castlevania ect... consoles slowly losing the hack n slash advantage.
#11 Posted by kickass1337 (149 posts) -
The first one was actually good but never finish it due to its bland/dull graphics on consoles. Good thing, the sequel is now coming to the superior version ;) NerubianWeaver
it looked great for a console title ( minus the jaggies )
#12 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

1 less reason to own a console. Darksiders, Castlevania ect... consoles slowly losing the hack n slash advantage.MBirdy88

This^ very glad more of these type of games are coming to PC.

#13 Posted by Aidenfury19 (2488 posts) -

The first one was actually good but never finish it due to its bland/dull graphics on consoles. Good thing, the sequel is now coming to the superior version ;) NerubianWeaver

If you consider Castlevania:LoS' graphics to be dull, why the heck do you own a console? It has some of the best and most artistic environments of any game on any console.

#14 Posted by Advid-Gamer (4673 posts) -

I dont know why they even bother, most pc gamers will cry if there are not enough graphical sliders, and not buy it or just pirate it. pc gamers dig there own grave

#15 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

Not a smart move.... the game sold realy well just on consoles.. instead of a PC port they should do a Wii-U port.... While hermits might be loyal to buying games the pirates are not... and will not.

#16 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Not a smart move.... the game sold realy well just on consoles.. instead of a PC port they should do a Wii-U port.... While hermits might be loyal to buying games the pirates are not... and will not.

Joedgabe

Sheep don't buy core 3rd party titles.

#17 Posted by NerubianWeaver (2046 posts) -

[QUOTE="NerubianWeaver"]The first one was actually good but never finish it due to its bland/dull graphics on consoles. Good thing, the sequel is now coming to the superior version ;) Aidenfury19

If you consider Castlevania:LoS' graphics to be dull, why the heck do you own a console? It has some of the best and most artistic environments of any game on any console.

Fighting games and console exclusives of course! But nowadays, most games are now coming to PC so need for that
#18 Posted by Chris_Williams (14882 posts) -
you didn't beat it because of the graphics? really?
#19 Posted by KungfuKitten (21412 posts) -

Yayyy I didn't get the last one for PS3 but I would get a good PC version.

#20 Posted by caryslan2 (2140 posts) -

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

GD1551

That statement does not make sense for one simple reason.

The vast majority of Castlevania titles that have been released over the past decade have been Nintendo exclusives, while Sony got about 4 titles during that time(Chronciles, Lament of Innocence, Dracula X Chronicles, and Curse of Darkness), and Microsoft has gotten 2 titles in the series.

If anything, Lord of Shadows 2 makes perfect sense on the Wii U, since Castlevania has found considerable success on Nintendo's platforms in the past. The fact that the 3DS is getting a new Castlevania title that ties into the storyline of LOS makes me wonder if Konami is planning a Wii U port. Why go to the trouble of making a 3DS game that ties directly with LOS 2's storyline and not bother making a Wii U version? Especially when you consider that fact that a good portion of Castlevania's fanbase probably played the games on the DS or GBA.

It would be foolish of Konami to not do a Wii U port. And to be honest, it makes more sense then a PC port.

#21 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

caryslan2

The vast majority of Castlevania titles that have been released over the past decade have been Nintendo exclusives, while Sony got about 4 titles during that time(Chronciles, Lament of Innocence, Dracula X Chronicles, and Curse of Darkness), and Microsoft has gotten 2 titles in the series.

If anything, Lord of Shadows 2 makes perfect sense on the Wii U, since Castlevania has found considerable success on Nintendo's platforms in the past. The fact that the 3DS is getting a new Castlevania title that ties into the storyline of LOS makes me wonder if Konami is planning a Wii U port. Why go to the trouble of making a 3DS game that ties directly with LOS 2's storyline and not bother making a Wii U version? Especially when you consider that fact that a good portion of Castlevania's fanbase probably played the games on the DS or GBA.

It would be foolish of Konami to not do a Wii U port. And to be honest, it makes more sense then a PC port.

I was referring to the Wii 3rd party core games, I know the majority of metroidvania are on nintendo handhelds. Fact is, a PC version makes more sense since the game has outstanding visuals and that would attract PC gamers, plus they actually buy core 3rd party games. The Wii U version would probably be ok as well especially since it will stand out in such a mediocre library the Wii U will launch with (I'm not taking a jab at the wii U here.. all consoles have a meh library at launch), but a PC version makes more sense.

#22 Posted by Aidenfury19 (2488 posts) -

caryslan2

Lords of Shadow sold better than any other Castlevania entry to date and was not on a Nintendo console. Konami historically has basically put the franchise on every console available to try and maximize exposure to it, but they have only rarely released entries on multiple platforms.

I'll agree that it is unlikely that Lords of Shadow 2 doesn't show up on the Wii U, but Konami have done weirder things before such as a game with the initials C.J.