Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

@Krelian-co said:

@bldgirsh said:

This whole thing is getting out of control on bungie forums heh... Kirmit got banned from PSN, and now there's a witch hunt for kirmit in real life... (they've found his youtube channel and already have pics of his actual face.)

lol, i mean i am all for getting him banned from psn, he deserved it but that is just too much.

Yup... the mod for Cuckoo's twitch stream actually posted the youtube channel of Kirmit on the bungie forums... the face pictures are getting leaked through reddit and 4chan...

the train is already moving, i feel bad for him, he is an ahole but it got out of control.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
@BigBadBully said:

Are developers responsible for shareplay? Seems llike Bungie didnt do its homework in restricting access so something like this doesn't happen. That or Sony needs to restrict access to maybe give the remote user the option to pause and then the owner is the only one who can control the menu options.

Huh? Who's responsible when you pass the controller to a friend in your living-room? You are, not the developers or Bungie. Can a friend erase your characters sitting on your couch? They sure can. That's the essence of Share Play, being able to pass the controller to friends across great distances.

The dude that erased this kids stuff was on this kid's friendslist. How long he was a friend only the kid knows. It seems to me this kid was befriending randoms and allowing them to glitch his Destiny characters for loot.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#53 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Krelian-co said:

@bldgirsh said:

This whole thing is getting out of control on bungie forums heh... Kirmit got banned from PSN, and now there's a witch hunt for kirmit in real life... (they've found his youtube channel and already have pics of his actual face.)

lol, i mean i am all for getting him banned from psn, he deserved it but that is just too much.

Yup... the mod for Cuckoo's twitch stream actually posted the youtube channel of Kirmit on the bungie forums... the face pictures are getting leaked through reddit and 4chan...

the train is already moving, i feel bad for him, he is an ahole but it got out of control.

Sad part is. If this was a 17 year old or someone older, this would get no media attention at all. Kirmit was a deuche, but he's receiving severe treatment from the internet... its not like this is the first time shareplay related incident has happened on destiny.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SolidTy
@BigBadBully said:

Are developers responsible for shareplay? Seems llike Bungie didnt do its homework in restricting access so something like this doesn't happen. That or Sony needs to restrict access to maybe give the remote user the option to pause and then the owner is the only one who can control the menu options.

Yep, just like in RL. Stranger danger.

If you have strangers over (this kid had Kirmit on his FriendsList) and give these acquaintances you shouldn't trust the controller, they can delete your games.

Share Play's concept is passing the controller around with friends, even if they live miles away.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@SolidTy: You're still passing the controller, but the person would have the safe guard of controlling the options menu, so no tom-foolery happens. A friend in the living room most likely wouldn't pull a richard move like deleting save files.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@bldgirsh: "This whole thing is getting out of control on bungie forums heh... Kirmit got banned from PSN, and now there's a witch hunt for kirmit in real life... (they've found his youtube channel and already have pics of his actual face.)"

Good to hear.

So in the end the kid gets a public show of support in-game, and the troll gets publicly tarred and feathered.

What an exceptional outcome.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidTy

@BigBadBully said:

@SolidTy: You're still passing the controller, but the person would have the safe guard of controlling the options menu, so no tom-foolery happens. A friend in the living room most likely wouldn't pull a richard move like deleting save files.

True. However, this kid befriended this person Kermit. After this person, Kermit, deleted his saves you see the kid in the video deletes him from his friendslist. It's the equivalent to having some friends over and one of your new "friends" thinks it would be funny to delete your save while you are in another room chatting with other friends. This kid was chatting with a friend in RL while Kermit did his destruction.

This kid passed his controller to Kermit who was on his friendslist. You shouldn't trust strangers with your stuff whether online or in RL is my point.

If you choose wisely, you will never have quote end-quote friends that would pull a richard, it's true. However, some people I know have friends that do this and worse...especially when you fall asleep; the "pranks" begin.

The liability is with this kid for befriending randoms, passing strangers/randoms his game to cheat...not Bungie.

That said, what this Kermit guy did was absolutely terrible.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SolidTy

@lamprey263 said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Couldn't he have disconnected his PS4 from the internet and severed the connection with the other guy?

Edit: Never mind, just saw it. So the kid actually left for a bit and wasn't even paying attention. If he would've he could've avoided it by turning it off earlier.

It's amazing though how little time it took to completely ruin all his work. Even if he had been paying attention the visitor might have still been able to delete one character, maybe even two.

Yep, just like in RL, if you pass your controller to Stranger danger, they can do this quickly.

If you have strangers over (this kid had Kirmit on his FriendsList) and give these acquaintances you shouldn't trust the controller in RL or using Share Play, they can delete your games.

Share Play's concept is passing the controller around with friends, even if they live miles away. This kid befriended a terrible user. That said, Kermit is a complete a**hole.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 BldgIrsh

@Zethrickk382 said:

@bldgirsh: "This whole thing is getting out of control on bungie forums heh... Kirmit got banned from PSN, and now there's a witch hunt for kirmit in real life... (they've found his youtube channel and already have pics of his actual face.)"

Good to hear.

So in the end the kid gets a public show of support in-game, and the troll gets publicly tarred and feathered.

What an exceptional outcome.

The kid will probably be invited to The Ellen show with all the publicity he's getting...

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Since the owner can take control over in just a split second on SharePlay, the kid probably deserved what he got for going afk with a stranger using his game.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BldgIrsh

@_Matt_ said:

Since the owner can take control over in just a split second on SharePlay, the kid probably deserved what he got for going afk with a stranger using his game.

He got a lot more good out of it. Got some items the rare item "Fate of All Fools" and KirmitTheFrog is getting witch hunted by 4chan and destiny players now.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

LMAO I'm in tears right now.

Like... I feel for the kid, really.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

You guys saying he deserved it are being dicks. He's just a kid, he's not wise yet to the assholes out there. Sure he has to learn the hard way like everyone else and get hustled (at least once in his life), like he did. But he didn't deserve it. If he was older, than sure, because he should have learnt his lesson by then.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

I really really hate the fact that people are happy with the kid's misery
Seriously man, how fucked up are you? He's just an 11 year old boy. You seriously think he must behave like a grown man?
Admit it, when we're playing as a child back then, we're gonna use all cheat and glitch to play the game we really like, we even use GameShark on PS1, so for all the people that happy of the kid's misery, you guys need more interactions with children

Hopefully tough Bungie will ban the account of the penetrator

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#65 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

That's so evil..grr..

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I do not feel any sympathy for this kid. Rules are in place for a reason.

1. Destiny is a game that is rated T for Teen. The kid in the video apparently was 11 at the time of the occurrence meaning he wasn't old enough to be playing the game.

2. Twitch policy states that you must be at least 13 years of age to use their service so this is the second rule this kid broke.

3. The kid admitted on the stream that he was trying to cheat/glitch his characters to max level. 3rd rule the kid broke and admitted to.

I can understand sympathy if the kid was 1. Of age to be playing the game and using twitch service (which he was not) and 2 if he wasn't trying to cheat. Unfortunately for him, he was breaking rules and trying to cheat so the kid got exactly what he deserved for doing so.

Seeing people have sympathy for him is what is really unnerving. They want to reward the kid for cheating. If that's the case, then why not just open up every online game, remove barriers and moderators and allow cheaters to run wild with no consequence, as a matter of fact, give them rewards for using God mode and unlimited ammo with the best armor, weapons etc on all games.

The kid learned the hard way to not cheat and was made an example of on stream that he was not old enough to be using.

Bungie, Twitch nor Sony are under no obligations to do anything to help this cheater regardless of age. He tried to cheat and got burned. Lesson learned.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 BldgIrsh

@nini200: I see you as well have been surfing bungie.net heh. These are my thoughts exactly. The kid is just as deserving as punishment as Kirmit. The bleeding hearts of gamers will always support the underage child though.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nini200

@bldgirsh said:

@nini200: I see you as well have been surfing bungie.net heh. These are my thoughts exactly. The kid is just as deserving as punishment as Kirmit. The bleeding hearts of gamers will always support the underage child though.

Kirmit was wrong for doing what he did as nobody's info should be deleted by another user without the user's consent but the kid was admittingly violating many rules set in place by various corporations so no I do not feel sorry for him. If the kid was not trying to cheat and not breaking rules then sure I'd feel sorry for him but in this case, he wasn't so he had to learn not to cheat the hard way.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@nini200 said:

1. Destiny is a game that is rated T for Teen. The kid in the video apparently was 11 at the time of the occurrence meaning he wasn't old enough to be playing the game.

2. Twitch policy states that you must be at least 13 years of age to use their service so this is the second rule this kid broke.

Your're wrong

1. You can play Destiny under the age of 13 if you have the consent of a parent or guardian

2. Same exact thing for Twitch

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By nini200

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nini200 said:

Your're wrong

1. You can play Destiny under the age of 13 if you have the consent of a parent or guardian

So you reward people for cheating too then? Because that's the main issue here.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

Who the fuk shareplays with a total stranger.

Apparently a child who has not had the pleasure of reading your posts or retorts that lets them know there are degenerates that lurk on the intrawebz.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

That guy saved that poor kid from a shit game. He's a hero.

Also this^^^^

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BldgIrsh

@JangoWuzHere: When I checked the ToS for twitch I didn't see any parental consent clause. Only the part where it bolds the importance of not using twitch if under the age of 13.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

This is the PlayStation online community we're talking about here. The same community where strangers follow and harass strangers in things like Home because they have female avatars. Too bad this kid didn't know any better and that person took advantage of a security loophole in SharePlay and did this. Instead of Sony trying to fix this problem to downgrade or disable full control options so things won't get deleted from the main account, now this kid lost whatever he gathered and the other kid got banned, both got and are getting bullied. Sure this time it was malicious, but there seem to be no safe guard in blocking mistakes. I don't think they really thought this one through, hopefully they'll make revisions with SharePlay.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 JangoWuzHere

@nini200 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nini200 said:

Your're wrong

You're trying to make him out to be this immoral kid who broke all the rules, when he really hasn't broke any of them.

I have a hard time hating on him for "cheating." It's not like he hacked the game or exploited the game at others peoples expense. Not to mention, he's just a kid, and kids want to do dumb stuff with video games. He probably shouldn't have been trying to pull off the glitch, but Bungie definitely thinks he hasn't done any wrong.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Looks like Sony took another video down. It is bad enough that they were doing it last week with The Odor: 5/10.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nini200

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nini200 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nini200 said:

Your're wrong

You're trying to make him out to be this immoral kid who broke all the rules, when he really hasn't broke any of them.

I have a hard time hating on him for "cheating." It's not like he hacked the game or exploited the game at others peoples expense. Not to mention, he's just a kid, and kids want to do dumb stuff with video games. He probably shouldn't have been trying to pull off the glitch, but Bungie definitely thinks he hasn't done any wrong.

So again back to the main issue at hand, the kid was trying to cheat and he admitted it online on a recorded stream and you'll reward him for doing so. I understand how you think now.

Me, I think that cheaters should not be rewarded regardless of age.

No more time will be spent talking to you on this matter.

Enjoy your day

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JangoWuzHere

@bldgirsh said:

@JangoWuzHere: When I checked the ToS for twitch I didn't see any parental consent clause. Only the part where it bolds the importance of not using twitch if under the age of 13.

My bad, I thought it did.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#79 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Heck of a learning experience. Pretty terrible thing to do to a kid, though. It's like the folks who used to run around Diablo 2 with they 'key' exploit.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 JangoWuzHere

@nini200 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nini200 said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@nini200 said:

Your're wrong

So again back to the main issue at hand, the kid was trying to cheat and he admitted it online on a recorded stream and you'll reward him for doing so. I understand how you think now. No more time will be spent talking to you on this matter.

Enjoy your day

trying /=/ doing

But okay whatever

-CC-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 -CC-
Member since 2006 • 2048 Posts

Sadly I have seen worse trolls on youtube. Anyone see the kid who stuck a butter knife in the center DVD hole to be able to "hack" his COD game? He did not just lose save games but a working game also. Ya he wanted to hack but he was a little kid who I doubt even knew what hacking was.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@Krelian-co said:

Who the fuk shareplays with a total stranger.

Apparently a child who has not had the pleasure of reading your posts or retorts that lets them know there are degenerates that lurk on the intrawebz.

apparently you don't read yours.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

I mean, it's best not to share play with a total stranger, and leave the room at the same time.

Also, don't try to glitch out the game. Suffer like all of us did.