Can't understand the hype for Titanfall.

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by silversix_ (13924 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"] I think maybe you are giving the Division and TW3 too much credit, but the thing is you weren't there and I wasn't there. Those who were unanimously agreed Titanfall was the best thing there. That alone should be a clue for anyone interested in games that there is something special about it. HadOne2Many

But those people strong point of Tintanfall were three things. jetpacks as if this was never seen in a video game, double jump and live demonstration behind closed doors with 14 people playing. Like how the fk is this impressive, *serious question*? Not only that's nothing impressive but its far from tones of awards worthy. I also don't think that im giving The Division or TW3 (especially the division) too much credit. yes i know its an Ubicrap title and these graphics may and probably will be significantly downgraded but from what was show, it was impressive as hell. I've never seen a video game with a world so filled with things in it and its even more impressive knowing its an mmo which means its huge and THAT detailed.

I don't know what say, like I said I wasn't there. Here's the answer from someone who was though: http://kotaku.com/what-made-titanfall-so-impressive-at-e3-577212955

Stephen Totilo would be one of those spreading the word on shows such as Bonus Round on GT so its hard to take his words seriously

#52 Posted by Basinboy (10993 posts) -

*realizes who the TC is*

#53 Posted by HadOne2Many (1195 posts) -

[QUOTE="HadOne2Many"] I don't know what say, like I said I wasn't there. Here's the answer from someone who was though: http://kotaku.com/what-made-titanfall-so-impressive-at-e3-577212955silversix_

Stephen Totilo would be one of those spreading the word on shows such as Bonus Round on GT so its hard to take his words seriously

So I guess that leaves you with two choices. Wait and see what the fuss is all about when the came comes out, or keep asking questions we don't have answers for.
#54 Posted by ShadowHawk676 (89 posts) -

The freerunning part is the only part that looks cool to me. Other than that yeah it looks like a COD clone with Mechs

#55 Posted by mems_1224 (46278 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="silversix_"]Hmm lets see,,,, Bioshock, Half Life series, DeusEx series, Metro series? Just some random ones.

silversix_

oh, so shooters with bad gameplay? sounds great. :roll:

9/10, 9/10, 9/10 all shitty, yes :roll:

I never said they were shitty, I said they had bad gameplay. Learn to read.
#56 Posted by XboxStache (912 posts) -

Adults who use to play proper FPS like Quake, Unreal and Halflife have mostly grown up had children and got jobs.

It's sadly mostly 14 year olds who started on Halo and Call Of Duty who are left. Gaming use to be cool.

uninspiredcup
LMAO! Dual stick trumps those corridor tank FPS's any day of the week. I am disappoint.
#57 Posted by Motokid6 (5128 posts) -
[QUOTE="uninspiredcup"]

Adults who use to play proper FPS like Quake, Unreal and Halflife have mostly grown up had children and got jobs.

It's sadly mostly 14 year olds who started on Halo and Call Of Duty who are left. Gaming use to be cool.

XboxStache
LMAO! Dual stick trumps those corridor tank FPS's any day of the week. I am disappoint.

Duel stick is joke when it comes to fps's. It's not nearly fast enough.
#58 Posted by rell84 (224 posts) -
I don't understand the hype behind Microsoft as a gaming company just my opinion titanfall already overrated
#59 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

xkik.jpg.

titanfall1_by_xbulletz-d68p7p5.gif

#60 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Idk, looks like complete garbage to me.

#61 Posted by MrShoot3mUp187 (7 posts) -
It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.
#62 Posted by Newhopes (4472 posts) -

I don't see the hype for Killzone, do I need to make a thread about it?.. no I don't.

#63 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

[QUOTE="silversix_"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] oh, so shooters with bad gameplay? sounds great. :roll:mems_1224

9/10, 9/10, 9/10 all shitty, yes :roll:

How do they have bad gameplay?, I give you bad gunplay for Bioshock and Deus Ex 1.  All those games have more complex and better gameplay then COD.

#64 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -
It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.MrShoot3mUp187
Bots are awesome though!
#65 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.MrShoot3mUp187

Yea it does alot of things generally not seen in multiplayer, which gets me excited for a fresh online shooter experience, but makes me wary as the untested formula is so different from the traditional that the concept might just completely fall apart in practice. Im catiously optimistic about the game,

#66 Posted by meetroid8 (21139 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrShoot3mUp187"]It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.BeardMaster

Yea it does alot of things generally not seen in multiplayer, which gets me excited for a fresh online shooter experience, but makes me wary as the untested formula is so different from the traditional that the concept might just completely fall apart in practice. Im catiously optimistic about the game,

Bots aren't exactly a new idea.
#67 Posted by MrShoot3mUp187 (7 posts) -
Bots are not real players and don't belong in the multiplayer. Most games with bots die very quickly, or never even get started.
#68 Posted by mems_1224 (46278 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="silversix_"] 9/10, 9/10, 9/10 all shitty, yes :roll:

ultimate-k

How do they have bad gameplay?, I give you bad gunplay for Bioshock and Deus Ex 1.  All those games have more complex and better gameplay then COD.

More complex=/=better Also, I never said CoD had great gameplay. In fact, I never said anything about CoD at all.
#69 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrShoot3mUp187"]It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.mitu123
Bots are awesome though!

More console games should have them, I think.

#70 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -
Robots.
#71 Posted by mems_1224 (46278 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="MrShoot3mUp187"]It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.Michael0134567

Bots are awesome though!

get some real friends, loser :P
#72 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]Bots are awesome though!mems_1224

get some real friends, loser :P

But...okay. :(
#73 Posted by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

[QUOTE="MrShoot3mUp187"]It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.meetroid8

lol, you owned those strawmen pretty good, way to go. 

#74 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -
You have to be into shooters and massive amounts of action to appreciate this game. If a gentle FF game or Little Big Planet is your speed, then you def won't understand the hype for this.
#75 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2280 posts) -
wait there is bots in multiplayer? wtf??
#76 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -
wait there is bots in multiplayer? wtf?? xboxiphoneps3
BTW, bots make a game like this 100x better than without them. Co-op with friends against bots, single player against bots, etc. No bots in a multi-focused game suck.
#77 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -
wait there is bots in multiplayer? wtf?? xboxiphoneps3
Wtf? Get with the times man. Bots and players all mixed in together and a multiplayer campaign. It will touch the heavens.
#78 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2280 posts) -
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]wait there is bots in multiplayer? wtf?? FoxbatAlpha
Wtf? Get with the times man. Bots and players all mixed in together and a multiplayer campaign. It will touch the heavens.

what is the implementation? i was thinking multiplayer in player vs player, is that the case? bots in multiplayer campaign is cool yeah
#79 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]wait there is bots in multiplayer? wtf?? xboxiphoneps3

what is the implementation? i was thinking multiplayer in player vs player, is that the case? bots in multiplayer campaign is cool yeah

Yes bots will be everywhere!!!!! Insanity.
#80 Posted by freedomfreak (38806 posts) -
I don't see bots leaving, honestly. Some of the biggest shooters this gen had bots. CoD: Black Ops, Halo, Gears of War.
#81 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I don't see bots leaving, honestly. Some of the biggest shooters this gen had bots. CoD: Black Ops, Halo, Gears of War.

Halo had bots?
#82 Posted by heeweesRus (5609 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I don't see bots leaving, honestly. Some of the biggest shooters this gen had bots. CoD: Black Ops, Halo, Gears of War.

Halo had bots?

Your mom had bots
#83 Posted by freedomfreak (38806 posts) -
Halo had bots?Michael0134567
Didn't it? Now you're making me think... Damn. I'm not gonna fire it up to find out.
#84 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I don't see bots leaving, honestly. Some of the biggest shooters this gen had bots. CoD: Black Ops, Halo, Gears of War.

Halo had bots?

Not in mp.
#85 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2280 posts) -
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Wtf? Get with the times man. Bots and players all mixed in together and a multiplayer campaign. It will touch the heavens.

bots in player vs player is absolutely stupid
#86 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]Halo had bots?freedomfreak
Didn't it? Now you're making me think... Damn. I'm not gonna fire it up to find out.

I don't recall there being bots in multiplayer. I'd be playing that then.
#87 Posted by freedomfreak (38806 posts) -
I don't recall there being bots in multiplayer. I'd be playing that then.Michael0134567
Local MP.
#88 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2280 posts) -
[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I don't see bots leaving, honestly. Some of the biggest shooters this gen had bots. CoD: Black Ops, Halo, Gears of War.

Halo had bots?

Not in mp.

cod never had bots in multiplayer and im pretty sure GoW didnt either... i could be wrong about GoW... bots for single player/co-op stuff is great, absolutely terrible in player vs player and should never be in player vs player
#89 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]I don't recall there being bots in multiplayer. I'd be playing that then.freedomfreak
Local MP.

Guess I'll have to check.
#90 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Halo had bots?

Not in mp.

cod never had bots in multiplayer and im pretty sure GoW didnt either... i could be wrong about GoW... bots for single player/co-op stuff is great, absolutely terrible in player vs player and should never be in player vs player

Gears 2 and 3 have bots in multiplayer. Was playing some Gears 3 yesterday with bots. Fun stuff.
#91 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -
[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] what is the implementation? i was thinking multiplayer in player vs player, is that the case? bots in multiplayer campaign is cool yeah

*hangs head, walks away sad*
#92 Posted by BeardMaster (1580 posts) -

[QUOTE="BeardMaster"]

[QUOTE="MrShoot3mUp187"]It has bots in the multiplayer game play, that's what killed the hype for me.meetroid8

No single basic element is a new idea in gaming anymore. But implementing bots as part of the gameplay instead of temporary replacements for players or practice dummies in training mode is certainly not the norm.

large environments, parkour, jet packs, mech vs mech/mech vs soldier/soldier vs soldier combat, as well as AI bots wrapped up in a arcade shooter makes the sum of its parts a fairly unique multiplayer experience. Far more unique than the vast majority of multiplayer fps games on the market. Not to mention these appear to be core elements that are integral to the gameplay and balanced rather than throw away gimmicks. In other words you dont just sit around waiting for the mech to spawn so you can ride around in it for a few minutes every now and then... and the jet packs arent just there to have fun zipping around in, but are neessary components of platforming and efficient map traversal.

#93 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -
Yeah I am not jumping on the hypewagon either. I couldn't care less about Titanfall. At best it is a $5 Steam purchase.
#94 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

uninspiredcup
Kids whol apleyad Halo at 8 years old or so in 2001 are like 18+ now.
#95 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2280 posts) -

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"] Yes bots will be everywhere!!!!! Insanity.FoxbatAlpha

so youd rather play against bots and amongst bots instead of real people in multiplayer?? LOL... idk what to tell you man either your terrible at shooter games or just plain weird

#96 Posted by MrShoot3mUp187 (7 posts) -
Who really wants a bot as a teammate? I bet you a thousand doll hairs( lol ) this game flops because no one wants to play with bots.
#97 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6068 posts) -

[QUOTE="FoxbatAlpha"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] bots in player vs player is absolutely stupid xboxiphoneps3

so youd rather play against bots and amongst bots instead of real people in multiplayer?? LOL... idk what to tell you man either your terrible at shooter games or just plain weird

I want the PvP to be traditional. The campaign with bots will still have PvP in it. This is what I am looking forward to. And no, I kick ass at shooters.
#98 Posted by cyborg100000 (2840 posts) -

I don't get the hype, but then again I'm not a fan of online shooters, hate the repetition of playing from only a handful of boxed-in feeling maps and I've seen mechs before, I've seen jetpacks before, I've seen mechs and troops all at once before. I'd be more enticed if it wasn't just an online shooter and had a good story to it, online-only games always seem like lazy cash-ins because they're easier to make.

#99 Posted by MrShoot3mUp187 (7 posts) -
I want the game but not the bots
#100 Posted by Soul4Survivor (88 posts) -

Forget the meme...I"m talking about it winning all those E3 awards and getting hype all over the internet. What's is the deal? It looks like your average multiplayer-based shooter with robots and graphics that look current gen. Is there something I don't know?

percech
Lems That;s why.. They love hyping things makes them feel better