Cant Lems see...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Your so called choice to get an hd-dvd add on isn´t something that´s good, and most of you havn´t even thought of getting it right? and you see that even if u get it, games won´t benefit from it cause it´s not standard. That´s why most of you probably think blu ray isn´t any good, and shouldn´t even be considered something positive in a console. Don´t you honestly see this as a big disadvantage for games, can´t you see the power of space?

I don´t hate the xbox, if I had one I´m sure I would enjoy it, but the way you guys talk about the ps3 really is odd. is a l lot of stuff that´s said on this board that is just donwright stupid. There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who think in the present, those who think in the past and those who think in the future... Sony clearly thinks ahead and as a "cow" I´m delighted by that.

carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts

Your so called choice to get an hd-dvd add on isn´t something that´s good, and most of you havn´t even thought of getting it right? and you see that even if u get it, games won´t benefit from it cause it´s not standard. That´s why most of you probably think blu ray isn´t any good, and shouldn´t even be considered something positive in a console. Don´t you honestly see this as a big disadvantage for games, can´t you see the power of space?

I don´t hate the xbox, if I had one I´m sure I would enjoy it, but the way you guys talk about the ps3 really is odd. is a l lot of stuff that´s said on this board that is just donwright stupid. There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who think in the present, those who think in the past and those who think in the future... Sony clearly thinks ahead and as a "cow" I´m delighted by that.

Eddie-Vedder

make up your mind. . .

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
According to Insomniac, anyone who thiks dvd9 is not enough, is not a game develeoper. and i dont think you're a game developer.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts

Eddie-Vedder
Taking a break from playing all your AAA games huh?
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

carl2tan

make up your mind. . .

If by being a cow I can´t enjoy another system then I guess I´m not a cow. I do own ps1, ps2, ps3 and psp. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
You need to stick to music.
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

carl2tan

make up your mind. . .

:lol:

Contradictions FTW!!!

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

duncanvk

Owned lol
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
Unfortunately and  as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.
air0123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 air0123
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts
i always find it weird that people say video game consoles should do other things than play video games.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Eddie-Vedder

You need to stick to music.sonicare

lol pearl jam rock \o/ 

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

hockeyruler12

Got mine on the european launch so I can´t complain, resistance is amazing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.SuperKnightX
Cows on the other hand are very different!
beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 beatzfreak69
Member since 2006 • 416 Posts

Can't cows see...

Sony forcing blu-ray down your throats isn't a good thing.  Sony didn't give you a choice.  Choices are bad aren't they?

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts

Eddie-Vedder
I will never understand why you sill cow fanboys care so much about your overhyped dvd player and none of you seem to care to much about games when you wanted to buy a game system. Well as a 360 owner I love the games I own for my game system. You enjoy your movies on your $600 dvd player
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.duncanvk

Nope, but more so lemmings.
beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 beatzfreak69

[QUOTE="sonicare"]You need to stick to music.Eddie-Vedder

lol pearl jam rock \o/ 

hockeyruler12

Resistance is AAA now? :lol:

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]You need to stick to music.beatzfreak69

lol pearl jam rock \o/

hockeyruler12

Oh lol sorry, better go sell it cause it didn´t get a AAA score here at gamestop.

I also find it funny how not a single Lem has answered the questions in the topic bluntly. Always swerve around what´s not in your favor. "oh but you don´t have a choice, but blu ray is for movies not for games!" oh really? You have the choice of getting the addon, but you don´t have the choice of using it for games now do u? 

Phoenix963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Phoenix963
Member since 2006 • 1006 Posts
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]You need to stick to music.beatzfreak69

lol pearl jam rock \o/

hockeyruler12

better than anything you got. that online community owns teh patehtic gears excuse for a bunch of 11 year old kids sitting around trying to rap while playing...RFOM. OWNS
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.SuperKnightX

Actually, in my experience, the Microsoft fans tend to be the more reasonable, while the Sony fans are usually about as bright as a box of rocks. I'm generalizing, of course. So are you. -John
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.tovarischs

Actually, in my experience, the Microsoft fans tend to be the more reasonable, while the Sony fans are usually about as bright as a box of rocks. I'm generalizing, of course. So are you. -John

Now no reason to make fun of the box of rocks
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.tovarischs

A reasonable person would probably have answered that questions in topic and not make up excuses. Hasn´t happened yet, stick around who knows, maybe the sky will fall or something.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
If you think too far ahead, you never know how things will turn out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="beatzfreak69"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]You need to stick to music.Phoenix963

lol pearl jam rock \o/

hockeyruler12

better than anything you got. that online community owns teh patehtic gears excuse for a bunch of 11 year old kids sitting around trying to rap while playing...RFOM. OWNS

HELL YEAH! Sitting in a room with 40 different people trash talking each other over text is amazing!
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
Unfortunately and  as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.SuperKnightX
MAD props on the sig!!! most supremest sig ever. . .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.Eddie-Vedder

A reasonable person would probably have answered that questions in topic and not make up excuses. Hasn´t happened yet, stick around who knows, maybe the sky will fall or something.

Aww how cute, a hostile cow with 75 whole posts who thinks he's better than everyone else! :)
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.Eddie-Vedder

What question? I was merely responding to the idea that Sony fanboys are somehow less prone to hyperbole than Microsoft fanboys. In my experience, they're equally as bad. I think the PS3 will be a fantastic console... in the future. Right now, it's not really worth my money, and I'm quite happy I purchased a 360 for the time being. By the time the games that I really want a PS3 for start to come out (God of War 3, etc.) I'll likely be in a position where I can pick one up for myself. As for the 360, sure, it may have been a good idea to put an HD-DVD player in it, but then the price of the console would've skyrocketed. As it is, they made a choice to sacrifice some features for a lower price point. So far, it seems to be working for them. -John
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.duncanvk

Aww how cute, a hostile cow with 75 whole posts who thinks he's better than everyone else! :)

Well look at that, no more excuses, now we insult to avoid the truth.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Eddie-Vedder

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.tovarischs

What question? I was merely responding to the idea that Sony fanboys are somehow less prone to hyperbole than Microsoft fanboys. In my experience, they're equally as bad. I think the PS3 will be a fantastic console... in the future. Right now, it's not really worth my money, and I'm quite happy I purchased a 360 for the time being. By the time the games that I really want a PS3 for start to come out (God of War 3, etc.) I'll likely be in a position where I can pick one up for myself. As for the 360, sure, it may have been a good idea to put an HD-DVD player in it, but then the price of the console would've skyrocketed. As it is, they made a choice to sacrifice some features for a lower price point. So far, it seems to be working for them. -John

Well the question wasn´t directed towards you, I just didn´t want to double post lol and finally a decent responde which I thank you for, it all comes down to, would it or not have been worth the extra bucks to push this generation of gaming a bit further. The fact that the xbox doesn´t have this feature will also effect the ps3 because of the multiplats, I for one am happy that I will taste the experience from the sony exclusives. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.Eddie-Vedder

Excuses? Sorry to break it to you but noone needs to prove themselves to you. The universe doesn't revolve around you either! Oh. What is this truth? The one that you are obviously so insecure about your purchase that you need to come onto a videogame forum to justify your reasoning for buying the thing? If the ps3 is truly this amazing, why aren't you playing it right now? I don't need to make "excuses" to explain to why I think the Xbox 360 is a better VIDEOGAME console. I know it. It's my opinion. No better or worse than yours.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
enjoy the PSX, ps1, Ps2 slim, and ps2 slimmer ?
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Eddie-Vedder

Only games that space makes a difference is huge sandbox games that would require more discs on a 360.

Other then that switching discs isn't a big deal and if it is then I guess MGS1 flopped and was a very very terrible game and experince on the PS1 since it had 2 discs...OH WAIT 

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.duncanvk

Excuses? Sorry to break it to you but noone needs to prove themselves to you. The universe doesn't revolve around you either! Oh. What is this truth? The one that you are obviously so insecure about your purchase that you need to come onto a videogame forum to justify your reasoning for buying the thing? If the ps3 is truly this amazing, why aren't you playing it right now? I don't need to make "excuses" to explain to why I think the Xbox 360 is a better VIDEOGAME console. I know it. It's my opinion. No better or worse than yours.

Right, so what are you doing on these forums if you don´t want to discuss the issues on system wars? Is my post not a credible one? Is it stupid of me to ask a question and expect a decent response? Sorry but I wasn´t the one who started trash talk on this post, I just defended myself and my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.Eddie-Vedder

Right, so what are you doing on these forums if you don´t want to discuss the issues on system wars? Is my post not a credible one? Is it stupid of me to ask a question and expect a decent response? Sorry but I wasn´t the one who started trash talk on this post, I just defended myself and my opinion.

Actually, you started in with me, you asked me a question which makes no sense because you have yet to explain what this "truth" is. Enlighten me cow. Open my eyes as to why the PS3 is so amazing? Really. I'm curious, I own one and don't use it for anything other than leaving folding@home on occasionally and charging my ipod.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

kcpp2b

Only games that space makes a difference is huge sandbox games that would require more discs on a 360.

Other then that switching discs isn't a big deal and if it is then I guess MGS1 flopped and was a very very terrible game and experince on the PS1 since it had 2 discs...OH WAIT

Good point, and I understand what you are saying, but I´m pretty certain devs try to avoid putting games on multiple discs, it doesn´t happen much, and with blu ray you could eventually fit enough information that you would need to switch way to many dvd´s, and I´m not even sure if that would work due to the way the games are made, but I don´t know much about game development, the devs do all seem to adore it though.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]Unfortunately and as you can see in this thread, lemmings see Microsoft as the holy one and anything they do is heaven sent. Even milkage is good according to lems.duncanvk

Actually, you started in with me, you asked me a question which makes no sense because you have yet to explain what this "truth" is. Enlighten me cow. Open my eyes as to why the PS3 is so amazing? Really. I'm curious, I own one and don't use it for anything other than leaving folding@home on occasionally and charging my ipod.

First off this isn´t a thread about which console is better, but about the advantage of having more space, and second, the truth I speak of is that more space = better for games. can you not admit you would like it to be a reality on the xbox also, and if you say something along the lines of "I don´t want to pay more!" Then the problem is I consider myself a hardcore gamer, I just really love games and want to see them reach new heights, and I´m willing to pay the extra 100$. I think it´s too bad the xbox won´t be helping out to give the industry that extra push.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

First off this isn´t a thread about which console is better, but about the advantage of having more space, and second, the truth I speak of is that more space = better for games. can you not admit you would like it to be a reality on the xbox also, and if you say something along the lines of "I don´t want to pay more!" Then the problem is I consider myself a hardcore gamer, I just really love games and want to see them reach new heights, and I´m willing to pay the extra 100$. I think it´s too bad the xbox won´t be helping out to give the industry that extra push.

The only company that has the honor of reviving or helping the game industry is Nintendo. Playstation and Xbox wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. Second, about your argument, I find blue ray annoying. The fact you need to install about 2 gigs onto the harddrive just so the loading for games isn't snail slow is frustrating. More space is not holding the game industry down. Sony isn't here to share the wealth with blueray, they're shoving down our throats to help them win another war between DVD formats which are just not necessary right now. Personally I don't care for BR or HDDVD, maybe in five years, for now though it is not required. Look at Mass Effect, Oblivion, JUST CAUSE. All down with a DVD 9. We just don't "need" more space as of NOW and I feel it's too early to jump into a new format.
beatzfreak69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 beatzfreak69
Looks like i started something...  I did answer your original post.  Can you not read?
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

duncanvk

The only company that has the honor of reviving or helping the game industry is Nintendo. Playstation and Xbox wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. Second, about your argument, I find blue ray annoying. The fact you need to install about 2 gigs onto the harddrive just so the loading for games isn't snail slow is frustrating. More space is not holding the game industry down. Sony isn't here to share the wealth with blueray, they're shoving down our throats to help them win another war between DVD formats which are just not necessary right now. Personally I don't care for BR or HDDVD, maybe in five years, for now though it is not required. Look at Mass Effect, Oblivion, JUST CAUSE. All down with a DVD 9. We just don't "need" more space as of NOW and I feel it's too early to jump into a new format.

I´m not sure I understand your statement regarding nintendo. About the 2 gigs, even the cheaper ps3 comes with hard drive, and resistance which has about 14/17gigs only installs about 200m it really isn´t a problem, and yes sony is doing all this to make money but that doesn´t make it a bad thing. Your statement regarding it being early is a fair opinion, we probably can go another generation without blu ray, but it wouldn´t be as good as it could be and you have to admit it´s nice to know the console you own has those extra years of lifespan because of something like blu ray. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Eddie-Vedder

I´m not sure I understand your statement regarding nintendo. About the 2 gigs, even the cheaper ps3 comes with hard drive, and resistance which has about 14/17gigs only installs about 200m it really isn´t a problem, and yes sony is doing all this to make money but that doesn´t make it a bad thing. Your statement regarding it being early is a fair opinion, we probably can go another generation without blu ray, but it wouldn´t be as good as it could be and you have to admit it´s nice to know the console you own has those extra years of lifespan because of something like blu ray.

I agree with just about everything you said. It's still frustrating it installs on the HD. What I meant about Nintendo was that they have been the only company so far to actually "save" the game industry. Microsoft has brought online to console gaming and Playstation has done a list of things to help the industry. I'm just saying that stating the PS3 in specific is "pushing" the industry as of now just doesn't have enough prove.
Spartan446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Spartan446
Member since 2002 • 54262 Posts
It not being on there allows MS to sell more consoles and steal away just about all of Sony's former exclusives. I can't complain.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

duncanvk

I agree with just about everything you said. It's still frustrating it installs on the HD. What I meant about Nintendo was that they have been the only company so far to actually "save" the game industry. Microsoft has brought online to console gaming and Playstation has done a list of things to help the industry. I'm just saying that stating the PS3 in specific is "pushing" the industry as of now just doesn't have enough prove.

I get what you mean, but blu ray is pushing gaming to new heights, I´m pretty sure you would agree next gen it will be totally normal, who says blu ray, says whatever format wins, and if sony is using something that is pretty clear that will be common in the future, it is pushing the industry forward, next gen a lot more will be known about how to push information to the limit in terms of space, more will be done because of this head start. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

Eddie-Vedder

I get what you mean, but blu ray is pushing gaming to new heights, I´m pretty sure you would agree next gen it will be totally normal, who says blu ray, says whatever format wins, and if sony is using something that is pretty clear that will be common in the future, it is pushing the industry forward, next gen a lot more will be known about how to push information to the limit in terms of space, more will be done because of this head start.

True true, let's worry about this gen though ;) I do agree though.
meankilleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 meankilleR
Member since 2002 • 9632 Posts
I have the hd dvd add on and 33 movies... Oh and its great...
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#45 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

Eddie-Vedder
I have long since believed Gamespot should not allow new accounts to post in SW until at least 1000 posts have been accumulated. This would eliminate alot of useless dribble, like this thread.