Can you really build a PC for less the £800 that beat a PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#151 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

truth hurts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EbZgBXxBd8

video evidence at its best. too bad you cant photoship video ehh?

Troll, I'm not sure what that video was suppose to prove. It looks great based on the video you posted... smfh.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Elder-Scrolls-5-Skyrim-PC-128680/Specials/Skyrim-mit-maximaler-Grafik-1100228/

so when you see clowns posting there massively downsized photoshopped images, you have an idea of just what kind of framerates they are "playing" at.

And? You seem to be seriously mad over this. From what I've seen, most people have two versions of a game, one to make look as good as possible at the cost of FPS while the other one is there to make the game look great but also to play at good FPS.... Who cares if Skyrim with a billion mods plays like shit, it will look great posting screenshots....

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

so then pc gamers should have no objection with using press shots to represent console graphics

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 clyde46

@m3dude1 said:

so then pc gamers should have no objection with using press shots to represent console graphics

Only thing is, shots from PC gamers are actually running on their own hardware. A lot of console bullshots are actually taken from PC builds.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By m3dude1

so what, in either case is it something you can play? no. and just to clarify, most of the screenshots taken at these massive resolutions are taken by using some tiled screenshot command. so its not actually running on their hardware. and even if it was taken during gameplay by some retard actually playing at 3 fps, its still run through ptohoshop sharpening and image improving features so again...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 clyde46

@m3dude1 said:

so what, in either case is it something you can play? no. and just to clarify, most of the screenshots taken at these massive resolutions are taken by using some tiled screenshot command. so its not actually running on their hardware. and even if it was taken during some retard actually playing at 3 fps, its still run through ptohoshop sharpening and image improving features so again...

Can you play that dev build of Infamous SS running on a PC? No, no you can't. That in bold is a idiotic statement. Of course they are playing it on their hardware you buffoon.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 m3dude1

if you call typing some command into the console and having it spit out a super high res image playing, sure. if you call staring at a game running so slow its barely even moving playing, sure.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 clyde46

@m3dude1 said:

if you call typing some command into the console and having it spit out a super high res image playing, sure. if you call staring at a game running so slow its barely even moving playing, sure.

Again, you seem to caught up on this fact, I can choose what mods I use. If I'm going to post shots to a forum, I'll be using all the mods that make the game look its best. If I'm playing a game without taking screenshots, I'll be using less resource heavy mods like SweetFX.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Again, you seem to caught up on this fact, I can choose what mods I use. If I'm going to post shots to a forum, I'll be using all the mods that make the game look its best. If I'm playing a game without taking screenshots, I'll be using less resource heavy mods like SweetFX.

great to have choices

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 m3dude1

if you dont see the problem with using these shots to represent pc graphics in comparisons then lol

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 CrownKingArthur

the door swings both ways

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 clyde46

@m3dude1 said:

if you dont see the problem with using these shots to represent pc graphics in comparisons then lol

Care to share then bozo.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By m3dude1

@CrownKingArthur said:

all the ps4 and xbox 1 screens i see here are straight from gameplay. its only the pc crowd constantly posting fake ass shots

Avatar image for 777hedonist7666
777Hedonist7666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#164 777Hedonist7666
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

Nah, that's gameplay. Might not be a perfect 60 FPS but very playable on a decent rig even with those settings.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 CrownKingArthur
@m3dude1 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

all the ps4 and xbox 1 screens i see here are straight from gameplay. its only the pc crowd constantly posting fake ass shots

fyi

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/infamous-ss-hype-thread-gs-8-0-hype-met-56k-warnin-31124911/?page=14#js-message-342228151

like i said man, the door swings both ways.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 m3dude1

are u talking about that 1 obviously fake photo?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

ITT: more peasant jelly.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#168 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

@superclocked said:

@m3dude1: My two year old PC is far more powerful than the PS4. Crying about it won't change that ;)

The only one's crying about anything are Windows fanboys. Crying about Crysis, Crytec and Ryse.

Praying for a PC port, waiting for a Steam sale; donating to pipe-dream Kickstarter projects, signing petitions, still living off iPad ports, Facebook games and WoW expansions; replaying Half-life 2 and Morrowind for the 1000th time.

Owning a nerdrig is like having a Yacht with no gas in the tank. You think it's cool because you paid a lot of money for it. Everyone else thinks you're a loser because they can see what you can't see: That that pos is dead in the water and not going anywhere.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT A CONSOLE IS.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@Wasdie: Saw what you did there Sir

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@kingtito:

Yes, I've voiced my opinion numerous times that I don't think either the ps4 or Xbox are powerful enough, especially considering the longer life span of consoles. However, one could still not build a pc for that amount that exceeds the ps4. There's the optimization of the console format that comes into play. In addition to that, there's buying the case, psu, keyboard, mouse, controller, and OS. Maybe close, one could come, but there'd be corners being cut, for sure.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

I hope you console guys realize TC was talking about power alone. Sure, let's pretend SS looks better than any PC game. It should considering it's newer than any new PC game... That said, in terms of power alone, you cannot deny that you can build a more powerful, PC for 1300 US dollars.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#172  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

The fact is a PS4 is going to last 6 years, Developers develop the best looking games for consoles and port them most of the time, I mean seriuously some tell me how many games on PC really show better graphics, there aren't that many, without mods.

and if you built a $800 PC would you be able to play games for 6 years at the same level, and you won't need to upgrade?? I mean can you even get 8gb GDDR5 ram I mean if you want to have a VS match between them both you need to at least have that ram in it, I mean DDR3 doesn't compete, plus a PS4 you know every game is at it's highest level and res and frame rate is sort of always will be at it's best, a PC will be able to do most games at a good frame rate but 3years down the line it may struggle.

Crysis. If a 2007 game looks better than these "best-looking" games now, you've got a problem.

One game from 2007, there has been hardly anything else to justify buying a massive gaming rig, to be fair.

Maybe higher texture resolution, Antialiasing, higher overall resolution and framerate

The problem is in screenshots you can see the AA to work.

When I do the side by side on my x360 and pc, the difference is huge

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts
@Mozelleple112 said:

@OhSnapitz said:

..lets not venture down this road. You'll get 1000+ responses from Herms who will show you rig you can build $15 and four bottle caps, and it can tap into NASA. Except most have paid north of $1000 (I'm being overly generous) for their own rigs.

The worst part of hermits is when they talk back 7-8 years ago when the PS3/360 were new.

"Yeah I totally built this PC in 2006 with dual 8800 GTs, 4gb ram, a mobo, blu-ray drive, quad core-CPU rig for like $600!"

when in fact the graphics cards alone cost more than that.

Not to mention how ridiculously expensive a quad core CPU was back in '06. or BD-drive for that matter.

All aboard the non sequitur train ~~~

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#174  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

have any of you even tried playing one of these recent games on an 8800gtx? i tried playing bf3 on it at one point and it was a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euQtPVJt6VM

yep looks thats how it ran for me too. 1024x768 lowest settings possible and its an absolute mess. far worse experience than ps360 on hardware nearly 3x as powerful.

Heres a quote from the developers of the metro games on console v pc efficiency and optimization

"Oles Shishkovstov: No, you just cannot compare consoles to PC directly. Consoles could do at least 2x what a comparable PC can due to the fixed platform and low-level access to hardware."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-inside-metro-last-light

thats in addition to john cramack, timothy lottes, other developers and even various amd and nvidia guys making the same statement.

He's recording while he's playing.

He's also a moron, cuz here is another video of an 8800GT (no GTX) running the game at 720p at HIGH settings, and it's getting more fps than the french pal. Btw this guy is also recording at the same time, on a shitty core2duo, if he weren't he'll probably get more consistent fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw48V03EaVk

Keep trying, peasant.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@m3dude1 said:

nice try buddy

they did it. you said they didn't.

the door swings both ways = impartial = unbiased = f(x') (crownkingarthur)²

edit: just the first most recent example i could think of from the latest generation.

double edit: also, @the_bi99man can verify at least one instance where a consolite, shadowmoses900, used the same URL twice in order to misrepresent console graphics.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

nice try buddy

edit: just the first most recent example i could think of from the latest generation.

double edit: also, @the_bi99man can verify at least one instance where a consolite, shadowmoses900, used the same URL twice in order to misrepresent console graphics.

Owned

How can you argue with that math

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#177 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

nice try buddy

SHadowmoses900: "Morrowind looks the same as skyrim on my pc"

good times...good times

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Shit, I miss ShadowMoses... The dude was just a lulz machine.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 Primordialous

@lundy86_4 said:

What happened to him?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 CrownKingArthur
@Primordialous said:

@lundy86_4 said:

What happened to him?

i'm not entirely sure. but i remember someone was harassing sm900:

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/ShadowMoses900/blog/someone-really-hates-memy-cyber-stalker-story/26001881/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@Primordialous said:

@lundy86_4 said:

What happened to him?

I'm not sure. I'm trying to remember if he left after he linked two of exactly the same FC3 image, claiming one was PC and one was PS3 (or something similar), and was mocked pretty hard.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Heirren said:

@kingtito:

Yes, I've voiced my opinion numerous times that I don't think either the ps4 or Xbox are powerful enough, especially considering the longer life span of consoles. However, one could still not build a pc for that amount that exceeds the ps4. There's the optimization of the console format that comes into play. In addition to that, there's buying the case, psu, keyboard, mouse, controller, and OS. Maybe close, one could come, but there'd be corners being cut, for sure.

Of course you could and rather easily. I really don't think you know much about building PCs. The PS4 has been using outdated tech since before it even launched. For $800 you could build a PC that blows the PS4 out of the water. Look up how cheap you can find PC components, you'll see.

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 Primordialous

@kingtito said:

@Heirren said:

@kingtito:

Of course you could and rather easily. I really don't think you know much about building PCs. The PS4 has been using outdated tech since before it even launched. For $800 you could build a PC that blows the PS4 out of the water. Look up how cheap you can find PC components, you'll see.

Less than $800, friend

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Only thing is, shots from PC gamers are actually running on their own hardware. A lot of console bullshots are actually taken from PC builds.

lol never forget. I can guarantee you a lot of the bullshots of infamous used by console fanboys for comparison were generated on a PC

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@juarbles said:

No way possible. Even at $3000 a PC can't play PS4 award winning exclusives.

Yet. We will absorb PS4 just like every other console that came before it. I can play pretty much any game from any system that ever existed and ps4 will be no different.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Why is this thread still open?

The topic was can you build a for less then £800 that beat a PS4 and the answer is a big YES.... quite easily.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts
@m3dude1 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@m3dude1 said:

outperform it in the current crop of horrible last gen looking multiplatform games like bf4? yes you can.

Outperform it,period.

nope. let me know how those x1850s and 7800 gts are playing bf3, crysis 3, cod black ops 2, bf4, and other late gen multi platform games. then let me know how anything you can push out of one of those cards compares to a game like god of war 3, uncharted 2/3, killzone 3 etc. an 8800 gtx, which was in roughly the same position relative to the consoles as a 780 is today barely gives a better experience in said titles than the ps360.

You do know that consoles this gen are not special like last gen consoles were at release.

The Xbox 360 when released in 2005 was the first to use unified shaders which gave it a huge boost in performance in shader intensive games.

Also the 8800GTX is 3 times the power of the last gen consoles and this shows when comparing benchmarks.

For example Crysis 2 can run at twice the pixel count while maintaining an average fps of around 45 on an 8800gtx while consoles were hitting the 20s.

Keep in mind the games like Crysis 3 ran at worse than the lowest pc settings on last gen consoles.

I still have an old 8800gt which is slightly weaker than the 8800gtx and the 8800gt still trashes last gen consoles.

Although now that I look at your username I realize you are a troll......thanks for wasting my time.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@lostrib said:

@bezza2011 said:

@777hedonist7666 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

The fact is a PS4 is going to last 6 years, Developers develop the best looking games for consoles and port them most of the time, I mean seriuously some tell me how many games on PC really show better graphics, there aren't that many, without mods.

and if you built a $800 PC would you be able to play games for 6 years at the same level, and you won't need to upgrade?? I mean can you even get 8gb GDDR5 ram I mean if you want to have a VS match between them both you need to at least have that ram in it, I mean DDR3 doesn't compete, plus a PS4 you know every game is at it's highest level and res and frame rate is sort of always will be at it's best, a PC will be able to do most games at a good frame rate but 3years down the line it may struggle.

Crysis. If a 2007 game looks better than these "best-looking" games now, you've got a problem.

One game from 2007, there has been hardly anything else to justify buying a massive gaming rig, to be fair.

are they from the game or are they mods, because the car looks amazing but them people look awful, the windmill looks impressive, but still there aren't many games, i mean even fifa is using last gen stuff on PC and ps4 and xbox one are using this ignite, in theory Fifa should be leaps and bounds in front on PC, there needs to be more people designing for pc than consoles, I'm not saying PC isn't the best way to play games if you have the money, but what I'm saying is, there isn't that many games which uses the hardware.

there are more people that develop games for PC than for consoles

Not AAA games there aren't yes there are many games on steam and all those early accress games, but dear god, there bad looking, it needs more games which are pushing this conception about better looking games on the PC, because in theory from alot of people here, pc has been gaming in HD since the 90's, so technically games should be absolutely amazing by now, that's what i'm saying and they really aren't, even tho the tech is there.

@m3dude1 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@777hedonist7666 said:

@bezza2011 said:

@Primordialous said:
@bezza2011 said:

are they from the game or are they mods, because the car looks amazing but them people look awful, the windmill looks impressive, but still there aren't many games, i mean even fifa is using last gen stuff on PC and ps4 and xbox one are using this ignite, in theory Fifa should be leaps and bounds in front on PC, there needs to be more people designing for pc than consoles, I'm not saying PC isn't the best way to play games if you have the money, but what I'm saying is, there isn't that many games which uses the hardware.

they are mods for skyrim and gta 4. They are cherry picked screenshots taken from very specific angles and massively downsampled and sharpened in photoshop.. Play the actual games and everything falls apart when you dont have a freecam and photoshop to hide all the rest of the shit looking game. go look at some youtube videos if u dont have the actual game.

My point exactly, there is nothing which is pushing anything that far beyond consoles at all.

Avatar image for 777hedonist7666
777Hedonist7666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 777Hedonist7666
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

Those are shots of actual gameplay, very playable, and no the graphics dont magically become shit when you're actually playing- they're that good. Sure, you can hop on Youtube and find some newb playing on a crappy ENB preset to justify your claims but it's pretty obvious that a serious ENB mod is face-meltingly (and console meltingly) gorgeous.

When you consider the scope of some of these games (Skyrim) and the multitudes of variables on offer with modding (fancy spending a little bit of time building your perfect game?) it's clearly a misnomer that PC titles dont offer something beyond what consoles do that justifies the price of their hardware.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm gaming more and more on the consoles these days, the only thing I play on my PC are multiplats. Exclusives on PC don't really interest me bar a few, so it's a lot of money to be throwing away just to play prettier looking multiplat games.

My PC is nothing special and it cost me $1,400AU, so that's a lot of money for like a midrange PC. Right now I wouldn't say it performs better than a PS4 but with a graphics card upgrade around the $400-500AU range I'd be smashing the consoles.

Maybe one game will make me want to upgrade my PC but right now I don't think it's worth it to me, especially when my PS4/XB1 look nice enough for me on my 60" Samsung LED TV. Everyone's different though and if you like what the PC has to offer with their unique exclusives, and cheap games on sale you won't regret it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#191 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

For that much money , you can build very decent PC and buy PS4 along with it as well . Either that or you can build next to top of the line PC , that will last you 6-7 years until DX12 exclusive games start to roll out . Then all you'll need to do is to replace it with cheap ass video card that have DX12 support and then you'll be good to go again . Meanwhile you'll save more money because of cheaper games , which platform allows you to pick AAA titles for 5 bucks or less .? Not to mention better performance , controls responsiveness and visuals .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Primordialous said:

@kingtito said:

@Heirren said:

@kingtito:

Less than $800, friend

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/builds

Yeah, not seein it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@kingtito said:

@Heirren said:

@kingtito:

I am surely out of the loop. Havent had a custom built pc since 03/04ish. However, there's still the optimization factor, and I've looked into building a pc recently(made me feel REALLY out of the loop) and it is still rather expensive. The machines linked for sub 800 I do not think would hold up to ps4 over time.

Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#194  Edited By Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

You probably could but why would you bother

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#195 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

nice try buddy

Owned

fckin owned again by Arthur! What a moron....these trolls are really getting dumber & dumber here on SW's. They aren't even funny anymore. I can't believe this guy said that console games don't use bullshots,...I mean, it's like you aren't even trying @m3dude1......

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Heirren said:

@kingtito said:

@Heirren said:

@kingtito:

I am surely out of the loop. Havent had a custom built pc since 03/04ish. However, there's still the optimization factor, and I've looked into building a pc recently(made me feel REALLY out of the loop) and it is still rather expensive. The machines linked for sub 800 I do not think would hold up to ps4 over time.

Optimization isn't going to magically turn the PS4 into a super computer. It's only going to do so much. You are far over estimating the power of the PS4. Any current mid level PC is going to destroy the PS4. All you have to do is look at the current multiplats and it's PC counter parts. The PC versions have higher resolutions, details, effects and run at faster fps than the PS4. I'm not even sure why you're trying to argue the point. PC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PS4 it's not even a contest.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@gamecubepad: I created a account just to respond to your post lol. I LITERALLY have what you mentioned to a T. A overclocked FX6300, R7 265 OC, 8GB(2x4) DDR3 1600 RAM, and can play every game at high settings(1080p) with good fps. With that said, it cost me around $525 to build my current PC, but the problem is 2-3 years from now my hardware (GPU specifically) will seem outdated compared to the PS4. Without a doubt the PS4 at the moment is more bang for your buck, but that can change in a couple of years.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

You ruv Microsoft that much you want to get a wannabe console PC?

You gonna go on newegg and get a whole bunch of low budget components and hope that shit doesn't start a fire?

You gonna take the time to slap that PoS together? Mad loud?

You gonna trade your ability to rent borrow and sell your games for shitty steam sales on garbage titles?

You gonna sit on the sidelines and play the sims or world of warcraft when you miss out on the next Demon Souls, Last of us or GTA 5?

You gonna clutter up your living room with a mouse and keyboard? You gonna buy a controller adapter?

The answer is yes you can get a PC for double the price of a PS4 but when you're done with all the hassle and stress, you'll have paid a far greater price. Enjoy.

This view is invalid because it is based on personal opinions on what is a "garbage title." Demon Souls is great, Last of Us is awesome, GTA V? Complete trash lol. That is my OPINION. I grew out of those types of games when I was a freshman in high school a long time ago lol. Steam Sales are pretty good, amigo. Games like Dark Souls go on sale all the time for dirty cheap during the summer, fall, and winter sale. Do you even Steam?

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#199  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@intotheminx:

Lol. That's really funny. Probably the best current bang-for-your-buck setup. If I had looked better, I might've thrown a R9 270 in there since Sapphire had one on deal for $179 free shipping. With a little luck it might bump up to around 270x level.

I'd like to see how that whole "console gpus outlast PC gpus" thing plays out this gen. Some cows were adamant that console optimization would let the 7850 in the PS4 perform like a 7950. Nothing I've seen looks close to a 7870 let alone a 7950.

BF4 shows a little different story, where the PS4 runs more like a 260x on mantle than a 7950. How does your 265 handle BF4 MP? PS4 is pushing ~48fps on high-ish settings, 1600x900. Have you had a chance with mantle. What sort of clock bumps can the 265 handle?

Thanks man!

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 clyde46

@remiks00 said:

@lostrib said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@m3dude1 said:

nice try buddy

Owned

fckin owned again by Arthur! What a moron....these trolls are really getting dumber & dumber here on SW's. They aren't even funny anymore. I can't believe this guy said that console games don't use bullshots,...I mean, it's like you aren't even trying @m3dude1......

Oh man, I was in that thread. The ownage was epic.