Can Xbox One Really Be This Bad? Yes. And I Know Why.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#151 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@CloudStrife213 said:

You shouldn't define and judge the whole generation of a console on it's launch.

Kinect may not fancy you, but it may fancy others. Not everybody has the same interests as you, and you shouldn't assume that everyone does.

Also, what do you expect? Microsoft is marketing the Kinect, you can't have a person working for the company badmouthing it. You want Microsoft to fire the guy, when Microsoft itself wants to sell Kinects?

I actually agree with a lot of what you say! Just not in the particular way you've said it.

"You shouldn't define and judge the whole generation of a console on it's launch."

Agree, but launch is the best time to "wow" people with something they didn't expect, something really different and exciting. We didn't get that from MS (nor did we get it from Sony).

Kinect may not fancy you, but it may fancy others.

Agree! Kinect bothers me because it's not conversational or natural. It's a voice command system that you have to learn how to use, which is how cell phones were more than half a decade ago. It doesn't interpret what you say, you have to be explicit or it just won't work.

Not everybody has the same interests as you, and you shouldn't assume that everyone does.

That's actually one of the cruxes of this entire thread. To have a PRODUCT MANAGER presume that all people will look at a product and miss it once it's gone as a reason to talk about how great Kinect is, is so asinine that I at first had no idea how to respond. Except to say if I were his boss, I'd have had a number of serious discussions (which I described earlier).

Also, what do you expect? Microsoft is marketing the Kinect, you can't have a person working for the company badmouthing it. You want Microsoft to fire the guy, when Microsoft itself wants to sell Kinects?

MS can continue to push Kinect, and it's my hope that the system will get a Cortana upgrade to enjoy a far greater voice command experience that didn't have to be learned, but that would be completely natural.

Again, if I had a product manager who said things like that to me, there would be a series of serious discussions about the direction the console is going in, the motivation for that direction, and how we are confident in the success of that direction. And I'll tell you this -- it's not going to be based on presumptions.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

I can't say I'm a fan of the new direction of Gamespot. First we had the editors trolling with review scores and article titles. A couple of days ago a mod was trolling Cows, trying to get them to raise their hype on Infamous Second Son. And now we have this little thread. We all know game journalist have been under scrutiny for a while but this mod trolling is new. How about you guys moderate the boards and try to cracked down on the trolling instead of adding to it. Do you own an Xbox One or PS4 TC? I'm just curious if your thoughts are based on personal experience or positive and negative media speak.

Attack the point, not the person. It's far more effective to poke holes in an argument than it is to just poke at whoever is making the argument.

(We had to say it again, folks.)

Noone wants to argue against your opinion. You dont like Xbox One or the PS4 for that matter. Good, or bad, for you. People gave you reasons why they like the system they purchased and you turn your nose up. *Shrug*

Lock this.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 musicalmac  Moderator

@draign said:

Noone wants to argue against your opinion. You dont like Xbox One or the PS4 for that matter. Good, or bad, for you. People gave you reasons why they like the system they purchased and you turn your nose up. *Shrug*

Lock this.

That's not remotely accurate.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Draign

@musicalmac said:

@draign said:

Lock this.

That's not remotely accurate.

Whats the difference between the Product Manager saying that and Sony telling the world that "Greatness Awaits"?

I dont think that the PS4 has great games but should I be mad at them for advertising that way? Thats rediculous.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 musicalmac  Moderator

@draign said:

Whats the difference between the Product Manager saying that and Sony telling the world that "Greatness Awaits"?

I dont think that the PS4 has great games but should I be mad at them for advertising that way? Thats rediculous.

Have you taken the time to clear your mind, sit back, and really digest that quote in the OP? I would really urge you to think critically about the differences between marketing hyperbole and the asinine, subconsciously disingenuous rhetoric from an executive.

They truly are very different things.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#156  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: You better tread carefully before your ass gets banned. Don't worry, we won't miss you lol. Also, how does him disliking MS business tactics mean he's a fanboy? They're not listening to the customer and you defend them? MS deserves fanboys like you.

I am not an MS fanboy.

lol you always make me laugh when you come with stuff like this.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: You better tread carefully before your ass gets banned. Don't worry, we won't miss you lol. Also, how does him disliking MS business tactics mean he's a fanboy? They're not listening to the customer and you defend them? MS deserves fanboys like you.

I am not going to kiss a moderators arse. I call it like I see it.

I am not an MS fanboy. Just yesterday, I was talking up Sony's VR. Wouldn't be getting excited for other companies tech, or defend Infamous: SS's review if I were a lemming.

Just because I defend a product (XBox One) from FUD and bullshit does not make me a fanboy - and a majority of what Sony fanboys/cows say in this forum are out-and-out lies.

Who are you trying to kid? I don't usually post in SW but I see your posts and you are pro MS.

I can be pro-MS and not be some blind fanboy. I am pro-tech. I defend the XB1 against false comments, and am pro-Xb1 because I recognize how awesome the voice and gesture commands are (and will be in the future).

So, because I am all excited about Sony's VR, does that me I am now a cow? Should I order some utters?

no, you ARE blind fanboy, did you forget the lol worthy excuses you made when xbone was revealed and microsoft presented their terrible gaming policies? No one in their sane mind would support them except for a few blind fanboys that made dumb excuses, among them, you. You are not the "logical fanboy" you want people to think you are, you just excuse microsoft from everything they do be good or bad.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Krelian-co

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy. Just yesterday, I was talking up Sony's VR. Wouldn't be getting excited for other companies tech, or defend Infamous: SS's review if I were a lemming.

Just because I defend a product (XBox One) from FUD and bullshit does not make me a fanboy - and a majority of what Sony fanboys/cows say in this forum are out-and-out lies.

Who are you trying to kid? I don't usually post in SW but I see your posts and you are pro MS.

usually to be found just defending XBOX from bullshit, arguing against stupid illogical arguments and hypocrisy,

pretty much described what you do 24/7 on these forums, bs and ilogical arguments, too much for hypocrisy lol.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I can be pro-MS and not be some blind fanboy. I am pro-tech. I defend the XB1 against false comments, and am pro-Xb1 because I recognize how awesome the voice and gesture commands are (and will be in the future).

So, because I am all excited about Sony's VR, does that me I am now a cow? Should I order some utters?

no, you ARE blind fanboy, did you forget the lol worthy excuses you made when xbone was revealed and microsoft presented their terrible gaming policies? No one in their sane mind would support them except for a few blind fanboys that made dumb excuses, among them, you.

You are full of crap. I am not a blind fanboy. Terrible gaming policies? What, for used games? Guess what, digital download is the future, and those games are not resell-able.

In fact, I was one of the ones calling for the DOJ to punish Microsoft for anti-trust violations back in the 90s. You don't know a damn thing about me, dude. I defend the XB1 against fanboy bullshit. Usually, you spew bullshit. Hence, I call you out all the time.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

no, you ARE blind fanboy, did you forget the lol worthy excuses you made when xbone was revealed and microsoft presented their terrible gaming policies? No one in their sane mind would support them except for a few blind fanboys that made dumb excuses, among them, you.

You are full of crap. I am not a blind fanboy. Terrible gaming policies? What, for used games? Guess what, digital download is the future, and those games are not resell-able.

In fact, I was one of the ones calling for the DOJ to punish Microsoft for anti-trust violations back in the 90s. You don't know a damn thing about me, dude. I defend the XB1 against fanboy bullshit. Usually, you spew bullshit. Hence, I call you out all the time.

Not anytime soon. There are people that prefer physical copies. I don't down load as a rule. I want to own what I purchase.....not rent.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

Not anytime soon. There are people that prefer physical copies. I don't down load as a rule. I want to own what I purchase.....not rent.

I respect that stance. All I am saying (or was saying) is that MS really wasn't trying to do anything different than what Steam does; and no one seems to boycott steam. The thing that got a lot of people was more the "always on" restriction. I think that was a "too soon" feature. 7-10 years from now, I doubt anyone would care.

in reality, I would venture to gather that most people really don't care when it's presented to them in a different context today. No one, from what I can tell, is complaining that you need to be online to play an MMORPG or TitanFall. I have a lot of friends who have XB1's, and the first thing they do when they turn it on (even when watching TV), is sign in. If every XB1 was connected to the 'Net, MS could leverage cloud computing in single player campaigns in games. Right now, that is kind of out the window.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Draign

@musicalmac said:

@draign said:

Have you taken the time to clear your mind, sit back, and really digest that quote in the OP? I would really urge you to think critically about the differences between marketing hyperbole and the asinine, subconsciously disingenuous rhetoric from an executive.

They truly are very different things.

The quote doesnt rub me the way it does you since I have been able to use the system since launch. If I was on the fence, maybe it would. I just see companies upselling their systems. Its all advertising to me, the real proof is in the pudding.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@musicalmac said:

"[Kinect] is really something that we feel, once you take out, lots of people will go, 'Gosh, I really liked that, I got used to it, and I'm going to miss it,'" he said." I think the more consumers get exposed to it, the more they use it, they'll realize what a great, amazing experience it is."

That comes from Xbox Group Program Manager David Dennis, who in the same interview managed to cast doubt on the future of VR technology, comparing it to the flash-in-the-pan 3D TV fad of yesteryear.

Fire this man immediately.

If you wonder why the Xbox One can be so bad, can be so under-powered, can be so chained to Kinect, can be so pretentiously priced -- one can presume a large piece of the fail pie the Xbox One is made of can be the ingredients of this man.

Unreal. That quote is a special kind of bad, the kind I haven't seen in a long time. That's how you kill a brand.

Source: Ars

24 million sales,just sayin.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 delta3074
@Wasdie said:

Basically they are sticking to their guns too much and not understanding that the market isn't being responsive to Kinect. That's going to continue to haunt them.

i wouldn't call 24 million sales 'unresponsive' dude

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 musicalmac  Moderator

@delta3074 said:

@musicalmac said:

"[Kinect] is really something that we feel, once you take out, lots of people will go, 'Gosh, I really liked that, I got used to it, and I'm going to miss it,'" he said." I think the more consumers get exposed to it, the more they use it, they'll realize what a great, amazing experience it is."

That comes from Xbox Group Program Manager David Dennis, who in the same interview managed to cast doubt on the future of VR technology, comparing it to the flash-in-the-pan 3D TV fad of yesteryear.

If you wonder why the Xbox One can be so bad, can be so under-powered, can be so chained to Kinect, can be so pretentiously priced -- one can presume a large piece of the fail pie the Xbox One is made of can be the ingredients of this man.

Unreal. That quote is a special kind of bad, the kind I haven't seen in a long time. That's how you kill a brand.

24 million what? Sales of Kinect? And do you see how much people needed to have it again?

You can tell by how much the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By delta3074

@musicalmac said:

@delta3074 said:

@musicalmac said:

24 million what? Sales of Kinect? And do you see how much people needed to have it again?

You can tell by how much the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One.

of course, Xbone sales are so bad because of kinect, it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the PS4 is cheaper and more powerful.

To put the Xbones low sales,which to be honest people are only calling low because it's behind the Ps4, all on the fact that apparently people 'don't want kinect' is totally baseless and you know it.

Did you know that here in the UK the Xbone sold better at launch than the 360 did when it released?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 delta3074
@Krelian-co said:

you ARE blind fanboy

Pot meet kettle

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 musicalmac  Moderator

@delta3074 said:

of course, Xbone sales are so bad because of kinect, it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that the PS4 is cheaper and more powerful.

To put the Xbones low sales,which to be honest people are only calling low because it's behind the Ps4, all on the fact that apparently people 'don't want kinect' is totally baseless and you know it.

Did you know that here in the UK the Xbone sold better at launch than the 360 did when it released?

I did know that, because Microsoft made a point to talk about that.

You're also pairing me with conclusions that I did not make. I did not say Kinect was purely responsible for the lagging sales. I'm struggling with distinct lack of critical thinking I've witnessed in this thread. You've actually helped me in a pretty significant way, I'll explain. Please remove yourself and your personal emotions from the equation before responding to this post.

They may think it's a great experience, but not so great that Xbox One consoles are flying off the shelves. People are actively choosing to purchase PS4 first. Let that percolate in your mind before responding.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 delta3074

@musicalmac said:

@delta3074 said:

I did know that, because Microsoft made a point to talk about that.

You're also pairing me with conclusions that I did not make. I did not say Kinect was purely responsible for the lagging sales. I'm struggling with distinct lack of critical thinking I've witnessed in this thread. You've actually helped me in a pretty significant way, I'll explain. Please remove yourself and your personal emotions from the equation before responding to this post.

They may think it's a great experience, but not so great that Xbox One consoles are flying off the shelves. People are actively choosing to purchase PS4 first. Let that percolate in your mind before responding.

It's just marketing hyperbole,don't let it get to you, Don't give arrogant people like that the time of day dude.

24 million kinect sold, think about that, people obviously like kinect so i don't see kinect as being the problem with the xbone, i believe the problem is the fact that it's too far from being a dedicated games machine, many console have done more things than playing games, most consoles can play DVD's, music you can browse the internet,etc,etc, But they where games machines FIRST, this is not true of the Xbone, the Xbone is an entertainment hub that also plays games.

I personally enjoy playing kinect but i have no interest in the xbone because it's overpriced for something that isn't a games machine first, i am getting a Wii-U (a truely dedicated games machine) and a Ps4 down the road because A. the Ps4 is cheaper and B. because it's primarily a games machine that does other things.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 musicalmac  Moderator

@delta3074 said:

It's just marketing hyperbole,don't let it get to you, Don't give arrogant people like that the time of day dude.

24 million kinect sold, think about that, people obviously like kinect so i don't see kinect as being the problem with the xbone, i believe the problem is the fact that it's too far from being a dedicated games machine, many console have done more things than playing games, most consoles can play DVD's, music you can browse the internet,etc,etc, But they where games machines FIRST, this is not true of the Xbone, the Xbone is an entertainment hub that also plays games.

I personally enjoy playing kinect but i have no interest in the xbone because it's overpriced for something that isn't a games machine first, i am getting a Wii-U (a truely dedicated games machine) and a Ps4 down the road because A. the Ps4 is cheaper and B. because it's primarily a games machine that does other things.

It would be different if it was coming from a marketing guy. This is coming straight from the mouth of a manager.

Ultimately, if the Xbox One starts selling like crazy and people love Kinect, I'll eat my words -- and gladly. However, at this point, I don't see that as a realistic possibility. Bring something advanced, surprise us with Cortana, which makes the Xbox One more natural and conversational with voice commands, and I will begin to get excited.

The problem is that MS has been working from behind for a long, long time now. A long time. I just don't know how they stay relevant in the consumer space in any meaningful (read: exciting or unexpected) sort of way. It's all compounded by the recommendation to spin off the Xbox brand by their top investors.

I just see a big, sloppy, apathetic mess in Redmond right now across all their products. Windows 8 is a great example of how presumption and expecting people to use something in a certain way will leave the world disillusioned and set a bad precedent going forward.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#172  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@delta3074 said:
@Wasdie said:

Basically they are sticking to their guns too much and not understanding that the market isn't being responsive to Kinect. That's going to continue to haunt them.

i wouldn't call 24 million sales 'unresponsive' dude

Those Kinect sales were the same as Wii sales, one and done. Those consumers bought the gimmick, and now that the gimmick as run its course, the product has no appeal. Version 2.0 for $500 doesn't mean anything to that market.

Nintendo was blind to it with the Wii and now Microsoft is blind to it. This is a case of junior executives wanting a successful product so it reflects positively on their careers so they look at the past trends and copy without actually risking anything. It's not working for them.

Kinect isn't worth $500 to people. The only reason Kinect 1.0 sold was because there were already a large install base of Xbox 360s throughout the world so people didn't mind paying an extra $120 for a really neat gimmick.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

A MS employee publicly supporting Kinect? What a surprise...actually its not. You make bad threads.

All of you make bad threads. Most of it is just total BS. Microsoft is already creating their own VR device. Most likely, this will just be another fad like Sixaxis & 3D. Which didn't last long at all. Yes, this thread made by a mod, should be locked by a mod.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Krelian-co

@sts106mat said:

@Krelian-co said:

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

usually to be found just defending XBOX from bullshit, arguing against stupid illogical arguments and hypocrisy,

pretty much described what you do 24/7 on these forums, bs and ilogical arguments, too much for hypocrisy lol.

once again i break my rule....

I am not on this forum 24/7. I am on some weekdays in the daytime.

I have better things to do with my time in the evenings and at weekends....unlike some.

as evidenced by the fact that you have double the posts i do amirite?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Krelian-co

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

call you out? man that dream world you live in, you always make yourself look like a clown, which coincidentally fits with your avatar. You can spin it all you want though with the you are not a lem, you just "defend" xbox, fact is microsoft showed one of the worst gaming policies at the xbone reveal and you made dumb excuses for it, not only for digital and used games but for the permanent internet connection and so on.,

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 StormyJoe

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

call you out? man that dream world you live in, you always make yourself look like a clown, which coincidentally fits with your avatar. You can spin it all you want though with the you are not a lem, you just "defend" xbox, fact is microsoft showed one of the worst gaming policies at the xbone reveal and you made dumb excuses for it, not only for digital and used games but for the permanent internet connection and so on.,

A clown? Whatever. From my perspective, all I do is point out ridiculous comments from people like you. I show you how your comments are fallacious at best, ludicrous at worst. Forgive me for being rude, but I believe I'm a few rungs higher on the intelligence ladder than you. So, you can call me whatever you want because I honestly do not care one iota what you think of me.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#177 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Kinect is a big problem for MS in general. Core gamers don't like it much at all, and they don't like the fact MS shifted focus to it in the latter years of 360. So yeah, the $500 price tag thanks to Kinect 2.0 is a big reason why PS4 has even been outselling XB1 in North America, where 360 consistently outsold PS3. It's so bad MS is selling XB1 "bundles" that really are just a discounted XB1 with TitanFall thrown in for free.

I think another problem is this whole "its a marathon, not a sprint" quote recently from a MS exec. Well, Sony proved to be the better marathon runner last gen. They wiped out a year head start and huge lead for 360 and ended up passing 360 before PS4 launched.

MS is making the same mistakes in the library as last gen too. They started off last gen throwing money around for timed exclusives. They got Mass Effect and Bioshock long before anyone knew they would be out on PS3. Now here is TitanFall, but its also coming out on 360 (2nd highest in pre-orders on Amazon right now). But we also now know that EA has no plans to keep TitanFall 2 on just MS platforms.

MS needs to acquire more first party studios and up the quality there. Halo, Forza, and Gears have in general run their course. They arent going to keep people anymore. Not with all the new IPs coming out from Sony, and the continued success of all these multiplatform games like COD and BF. We have Watchdogs and Destiny on the horizon too.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@superclocked said:

Kinect needs VR asap! Kinect cannot be used properly with first person shooters due to not being able to see the tv when turning your body 360 degrees..

Kinect + 3D VR = Complete immersion + body tracking while being able turn 360 degrees. Kinect + VR is going to be the closest thing yet to a holodeck, and it may just be the holy grail of gaming...

Without haptic feedback, Kinect is actually immersion breaking.

Unfortunately for MS, that's not an easy riddle to solve.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

should rename this thread 'lems meltdown central', lems be trippin yoo!!

@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

A MS employee publicly supporting Kinect? What a surprise...actually its not. You make bad threads.

All of you make bad threads. Most of it is just total BS. Microsoft is already creating their own VR device. Most likely, this will just be another fad like Sixaxis & 3D. Which didn't last long at all. Yes, this thread made by a mod, should be locked by a mod.

let me guess, eyetoy 2.0 isnt a gimmick right?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Krelian-co

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

I am not an MS fanboy.

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@Sagemode87 said:

A clown? Whatever. From my perspective, all I do is point out ridiculous comments from people like you. I show you how your comments are fallacious at best, ludicrous at worst. Forgive me for being rude, but I believe I'm a few rungs higher on the intelligence ladder than you. So, you can call me whatever you want because I honestly do not care one iota what you think of me.

it's ok many dumb people want to think they are smarter than they are, you are a good example of someone who thinks he's smarter than what people see they are.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#181 widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

I refuse to buy an Xbox One until they decide to release one without Kinect bundled with it. If I bought an Xbox One right now I wouldn't even use Kinect, so why should I play extra for the sake of something I don't want?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@widdowson91 said:

I refuse to buy an Xbox One until they decide to release one without Kinect bundled with it. If I bought an Xbox One right now I wouldn't even use Kinect, so why should I play extra for the sake of something I don't want?

You shouldn't, but my question is why go around telling people who don't care, about a device you don't like, why you won't be buying it?

These type of threads are the same ones that we saw last gen about LIVE. 'I am not going to buy a 36o cause I am not paying to play online.' To all of you 'core gamers' you are not who The One is marketed to exclusively. This whole thread is full of whine by people who don't like Kinect. It is quite funny really.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Correct! And Everything they tried to pull until Sony embaressed them and the gaming world freaked out on them also haunts them. The latter will wear off over time, but Kinect never will.

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#185  Edited By widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@widdowson91 said:

You shouldn't, but my question is why go around telling people who don't care, about a device you don't like, why you won't be buying it?

These type of threads are the same ones that we saw last gen about LIVE. 'I am not going to buy a 36o cause I am not paying to play online.' To all of you 'core gamers' you are not who The One is marketed to exclusively. This whole thread is full of whine by people who don't like Kinect. It is quite funny really.

Well, how about this. I would like to own an Xbox One at one point, but I don't want Kinect. As a consumer, a consumer who Microsoft aims their product at, and as a consumer who has supported the Xbox brand since day one, I have every right to go around on any forum related to Microsoft and/or the Xbox One and make my own point heart. My question to you would be "If you don't care about what I said then why the hell did you even reply to me?" Because, in answering me, you clearly must care about what I said to some extent. I don't care about Kinect purely because I don't think it is any good, and if I am forced by Microsoft to buy one alongside an Xbox One I have every right, as both a consumer and a gamer who has supported the Xbox since day one, to complain about it. I shouldn't have to pay extra for a console purely because it comes with a peripheral that I neither like nor want. Microsoft's insistence on bundling Kinect with every console is ultimately making me avoid the console, and unless they make a package without Kinect I'll just buy a pre-owned version of the console in a few years, when the prices go down, which means Microsoft will earn no money from the sale. And if this happens it will only be from Microsoft's own doing.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@musicalmac said:

The ps4 is just as underpowered

The kinect will be a good thing for vr

that said the kinect will probably be used on a pc lol

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By commander
@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

It shouldn't be locked because intelligent people will say that ps4 is just as weak as an xboxone in the end. The only upside xboxone has is that microsoft also makes windows and they have an excellent vr device the kinect.

Anyone that buys a console now is fooled , especially a ps4, the hardware is 5 year old tech. The xboxone does have an good advantage with the kinect and they can do more with the cloud that the ps4 will and if that doesn't work they can just sell it to work with steam machines and pc's. People that bought an xboxone will already have a kinect. VR will conquer the market, and the way we play now will be like 2d games today. You'll still have something good in it like mortal kombat for example and numerous arcade games, but it will be old tech and that tech will be played on these so called next gen consoles.

Many people buy gossip magazines too, that doesn't mean it's good liturature lol

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#188 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Of all the most rudimentary PR I've ever read, that's the one you labeled as a brand killer?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By commander

@widdowson91 said:

@kuu2 said:

@widdowson91 said:

Well, how about this. I would like to own an Xbox One at one point, but I don't want Kinect. As a consumer, a consumer who Microsoft aims their product at, and as a consumer who has supported the Xbox brand since day one, I have every right to go around on any forum related to Microsoft and/or the Xbox One and make my own point heart. My question to you would be "If you don't care about what I said then why the hell did you even reply to me?" Because, in answering me, you clearly must care about what I said to some extent. I don't care about Kinect purely because I don't think it is any good, and if I am forced by Microsoft to buy one alongside an Xbox One I have every right, as both a consumer and a gamer who has supported Microsoft since day one, to complain about it. I shouldn't have to pay extra for a console purely because it comes with a peripheral that I neither like nor want. Microsoft's insistence on bundling Kinect with every console is ultimately making me avoid the console, and unless they make a package without Kinect I'll just buy a pre-owned version of the console in a few years, when the prices go down, which means Microsoft will earn no money from the sale. And if this happens it will only be from Microsoft's own doing.

They'll still earn money from the sale because you'll be buying games for it, even buy xboxlive

I don't want the kinect either, as of now, but I think I will want it when VR takes off. All depends , i have my pc which is pretty good so I'm not really bothered. There aren't any games on the xboxone or the pc now (that are multiplat) that I would like to play either. Same with playstation.

I'm playing dayz now and games from my backlog. I'm also waiting for dark souls on the pc. Cross gen is always a bad time for games, but dark souls will be next gen on the pc.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By commander

@musicalmac said:

I don't think microsoft really cares, they're too big for it. The founder bill gates is giving away money.

But microsoft knows its business, look at the x360. The kinect will be the best thing ever happened for vr and vr will be the best thing ever happened for games.

People may be buying ps4's now en masse because there aren't really any games, some multiplats and a couple of exclusives but they do run in a lot better quality. That's why the ps4 sells, they had good marketing with their system (it's stronger, allthough not as much that people thought, that's great marketing), it's cheap (400$ for a new console is cheap in this day and age) and most importantly people were dying for a next gen console. That it is not really next gen no one care, it runs the game in better quality.

Vr will take off, but the consoles will be crap at running it, this will be the nineties all over again, when you got the 3d accelerated card for the pc. Consoles will just trail behind.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

LOL at people in this thread. I have to say out of all the scumbags on this board TC is one of my least favorites because he's a troll with mod powers.

What he is not though, is an xbox hater. Get your facts straight guys.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@inb4uall said:

LOL at people in this thread. I have to say out of all the scumbags on this board TC is one of my least favorites because he's a troll with mod powers.

Living the dream

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Kinect created hell for PS4 owners wonder why?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 musicalmac  Moderator

@inb4uall said:

Thanks, kind of. Voicing unpopular opinions with evidence to support the position is hardly trolling, though. One day that will sink in.

@lostrib said:

Living the dream

lol, truly made me laugh out loud.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#196  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Why can't we flag mods anymore?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22655 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Why can't we flag mods anymore?

because we'd all get modded like crazy all the time. duuuh! :P

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#198 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26093 Posts

Microsoft is to focused on the wrong direction. It's like the other extreme of where Nintendo is, which is no focus at all.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#199 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@BeardMaster said:

Wait, is this dude seriously a mod? lol

Yes, and has been known to moderate people with differing opinions.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

@BeardMaster said:

Wait, is this dude seriously a mod? lol

Yes, and has been known to moderate people with differing opinions.

really?