Can we finally put Kinect out of it's misery?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3786 posts) -

So the latest Kinect core title is out...The Fighter Within. It got a 2.7 on IGN. haha. Seriously, every core title they try to make with Kinect turns out to be a disaster. Dance games and fitness videos are all this thing as been able to do (NSA jokes aside).

If your into Dance and Fitness games, fine. Kinect is for you. But right now they are pushing it on everyone, raising the price of XB1 $100. Then they make games like The Fighter Within that do nothing more than make you want a game that is actually fun for the device.

As long as MS tethers itself to Kinect, their library of games will never reach it's potential.

#2 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (5963 posts) -

If Forza used kinect to take pictures of the losers' faces in Online races I would definitely welcome it.

#3 Posted by StormyJoe (4048 posts) -

So the latest Kinect core title is out...The Fighter Within. It got a 2.7 on IGN. haha. Seriously, every core title they try to make with Kinect turns out to be a disaster. Dance games and fitness videos are all this thing as been able to do (NSA jokes aside).

If your into Dance and Fitness games, fine. Kinect is for you. But right now they are pushing it on everyone, raising the price of XB1 $100. Then they make games like The Fighter Within that do nothing more than make you want a game that is actually fun for the device.

As long as MS tethers itself to Kinect, their library of games will never reach it's potential.

Fable: The Journey says "Hi". http://www.gamespot.com/fable-the-journey/

#4 Posted by k2theswiss (16221 posts) -

nope~ been using it all morning and night.

been yelling at zombies in dr3

been leaning in bf4

been marking spots in need for speed with voice without opening the map menu

watched some netflix without picking up a remote to pause or go to next ep

used it for many things on the dash

YUPZ keeping it!

#5 Edited by tdkmillsy (980 posts) -

Typical troll, pick one review of what's probably going to be the worst Kinect in the launch line up and pretend they actually know what they are talking about.

Kinect is a lot more than dancing and fitness although it does them very well (Xbox fitness is very good), best move Microsoft did keeping it in with the console. Allows developers to get innovative and the uses in the launch games and UI is just the start.

#6 Edited by Evo_nine (1344 posts) -

After using the xbox for the whole night, I can safely say that I am LOVING the next gen Kinect experience.

Kinect is bloody brilliant, I don't know how those two guys from gamespot struggled so badly but it understands all my commands.

One minute im gaming, next im on internet explorer, then youtube, back to games, movies....ALL WHILE TALKING TO MY XBOX! and in quick time. And the tv functionality is brilliant too, I love how everything comes together and now the xbox is the control hub of my living room.

Having used Kinect I could never go back to ordinary gaming.

Until you try it you will never know how great this is.

Microsoft are onto something here, my family and friends absolutely love the xbox and they are amazed at how far weve come.

#7 Posted by edwardecl (1324 posts) -

Kinect is not ready yet, it needs to be a cheap device but obviously it isn't. The price difference between the PS4 and Xbox One will only get greater if they continue with it.

#8 Posted by Motokid6 (4614 posts) -

I think i wanna give my parents an X1. Were sick of comcast and their BS. If we drop their tv service you think itd be cheaper if we just used an X1 for ALL tv?

#9 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6727 posts) -

Lol, why stop now? Lems seem fine paying an extra $150 for it.

#10 Posted by kuu2 (6439 posts) -

Kinect is revolutionary and makes every other console look ordinary without it.

It is a true game changer in helping to interact with media.

#11 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

After using the xbox for the whole night, I can safely say that I am LOVING the next gen Kinect experience.

Kinect is bloody brilliant, I don't know how those two guys from gamespot struggled so badly but it understands all my commands.

One minute im gaming, next im on internet explorer, then youtube, back to games, movies....ALL WHILE TALKING TO MY XBOX! and in quick time. And the tv functionality is brilliant too, I love how everything comes together and now the xbox is the control hub of my living room.

Having used Kinect I could never go back to ordinary gaming.

Until you try it you will never know how great this is.

Microsoft are onto something here, my family and friends absolutely love the xbox and they are amazed at how far weve come.

You sound like a Microsoft PR rep.

#12 Posted by hoosier7 (3296 posts) -

been leaning in bf4

YUPZ keeping it!

All bar one of those can be done with a mic.

The camera's got literally two useful things in logging in with your face and for tracking and pairing profiles depending on who's holding what controller for split screen (even then how many titles have split screen these days?).

----

I had a few people argue with me before launch that Kinect would have some miraculous revival for gaming since it's now since it's with every consoles. Looks like i was right, after the years it had on the 360 we'd have seen a glimmer of something reasonable and yet we didn't so i don't see why people thought that was going to change. Seems a bit like MS have abandoned it for gaming.

#13 Posted by shawn30 (3722 posts) -

been leaning in bf4

YUPZ keeping it!

Same here, and voice command wise its working around 90% of the time at least.

#14 Posted by musicalmac (22021 posts) -

This is a terrible attempt at trolling. Take a step back and learn from the masters if you want to earn their respect.