Can we be honest even for one minute system wars?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by outworld222 (2367 posts) 5 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Can we be honest even for one minute system wars? (23 votes)

I agree. We share similar thoughts on this issue 43%
I think apps and games are important all at the same time. 17%
Who cares? It's just the natural evolution of consoles. You're fighting a loosing battle. 30%
I don't agree, I think apps are just as equal or maybe even more so than video games. 9%
0%

I really appreciate consoles that actually sell worthwhile games. Sure, apps and stuff are cool, helps you to communicate with friends, but I think ADD ONS like SKYPE, PICTURES of yourself having a drink, or the many many other things one can do with gaming consoles these days is a bad alternative for a gaming console.

I made a poll to see if people agree with what I'm saying or not.

What I'm trying to say is....look what Nintendo has done with the 3DS (and for future purposes, possibly the WiiU)

BEFORE you say oh they have apps, look the other direction at Sony and Microsoft. They have more apps. Please this is not what I am trying to discuss necessarily here. What I'm saying is, POWER TO THE GAMER I guess. Apps are really a side issue. I want a dedicated gaming console that gives me awesome games to play and once I finish the game, makes me sit on a chair and makes me think for a year about wth I played and what the message was.

#1 Posted by Wasdie (49545 posts) -

Honestly?

Everybody here is petty and gets worked up over nothing.

#2 Edited by outworld222 (2367 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Honestly?

I'm not sure I follow.

#3 Posted by lostrib (33243 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Honestly?

No we don't! Shut Up! You are! Deal with it!

#4 Posted by Heil68 (43239 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

Honestly?

Silence you heathen!

#5 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2559 posts) -

@Wasdie: Yep. These arguments mean next to nothing, and most of the "hatred" for exclusive titles are only because they can't be played on someone's console of choice.

#6 Posted by lostrib (33243 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

Honestly?

Silence you heathen!

Quiet peasant!

#7 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3358 posts) -

I'm honest all the time.

#9 Edited by GameMediator (69 posts) -

Looks like ill be the first person to make a relevant post to the topic.

The X1 makes great use of apps. Skype is awesome on the tv, and using the voice recognition for Bing and other apps works great.

I used to think apps were pointless... I used to hate xbox live last gen, paying for all those apps when I can get them for free on mobile devices or laptops.

But when the nex gen hardware enhances those experiences, its a great thing for consoles.

Wii U's mii verse is very awesome!

PS4 is just the same old thing... its a gaming console plain and simple.

#10 Posted by outworld222 (2367 posts) -

Looks like ill be the first person to make a relevant post to the topic.

The X1 makes great use of apps. Skype is awesome on the tv, and using the voice recognition for Bing and other apps works great.

I used to think apps were pointless... I used to hate xbox live last gen, paying for all those apps when I can get them for free on mobile devices or laptops.

But when the nex gen hardware enhances those experiences, its a great thing for consoles.

Wii U's mii verse is very awesome!

PS4 is just the same old thing... its a gaming console plain and simple.

Point well taken.

#11 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

My hunk of plastic is better than yours. It sold more and that affects my life in big ways

#12 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -
#13 Posted by lostrib (33243 posts) -

My hunk of plastic is better than yours. It sold more and that affects my life in big ways

Don't forget about those GOTY awards, they make games more enjoyable

#14 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

I'm looking at a laptop, bluray player, some consoles, and this tablet in my hands and thinking "why can't this all be in one single device?"

Having extra apps doesn't make a system less "dedicated" to gaming. Why would the type of games available to play be affected by apps? PC has the greatest library of any system, and has the most functionality by far.

#15 Posted by Kevlar101 (6007 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

hilarious

I actually need to delete this :P I wanted to save the picture but my phones resolution is too low to capture the image well, so I downloaded it to some random topic so that it would save to my profile and I would have it forever.

I do things the hard way haha.

It's in my saved photos now anyway, so there's no reason to keep it here.

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (16581 posts) -

Well with the PS3 it was it only does everything. The added features are something I enjoy and have made use of on my X1. More importantly, I have really enjoyed DR3, KI, and Tomb Raider on it. Yeah those are games. It plays games

#17 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34122 posts) -

Apps and other such features really do not bother me. Consoles becoming more multimedia hasn't stopped me from finding enjoyable games on said consoles. They obviously are not the primary reason I buy a gaming system, but they don't really harm them or anything.

#18 Posted by Spartan070 (16326 posts) -

Since I prefer to watch movies on my TV as opposed to my laptop I use my Xbox One for Netflix duty fairly often.

So yeah, loosing battle.

#19 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9931 posts) -

This is a very Noble thread TC.... It would be a shame if something happened to it.....

Don't Trust System Whores ever ! This place is dangerous

#20 Posted by evildead6789 (7270 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

hilarious

I actually need to delete this :P I wanted to save the picture but my phones resolution is too low to capture the image well, so I downloaded it to some random topic so that it would save to my profile and I would have it forever.

I do things the hard way haha.

It's in my saved photos now anyway, so there's no reason to keep it here.

I'm gonna try out that future thing though, that must be priceless

#21 Posted by nini200 (9467 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Heil68 said:

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

Honestly?

Silence you heathen!

Quiet peasant!

You're both my Wenches!!! Now go fix me a Royal Sandwich Wench!!! >.<"""""""""""

#22 Posted by GarGx1 (2425 posts) -
#23 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Honestly?

Everybody seems a bit strong....

#24 Posted by blackace (20006 posts) -

Sure I want a game console to play great games, that's why I bought a PS4 & XB1, but I enjoy apps like Twitch, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, ESPN, Skype, etc.. as well. Because when you're tired of playing games, you want to watch a flick, chat with family and friends, check out the scores and highlights from sports games or just listen to a little music. These game consoles can do all of that as well.

#25 Posted by Shewgenja (8325 posts) -

As long as games aren't compromised by any cross functionality, I am okay with it. Gaming needs to come first, though.

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

@blackace said:

Sure I want a game console to play great games, that's why I bought a PS4 & XB1, but I enjoy apps like Twitch, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, ESPN, Skype, etc.. as well. Because when you're tired of playing games, you want to watch a flick, chat with family and friends, check out the scores and highlights from sports games or just listen to a little music. These game consoles can do all of that as well.

LOL...I haven't bought the new consoles yet....but I can watch Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Skype etc......I can do all of that without having to shell out money.

#27 Edited by Xplode_games (516 posts) -

I wish gaming PCs concentrated on gaming only. They should take out all other functionality and leave them only to play games.

That is how you sound, TC.

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (16581 posts) -

@blackace said:

LOL...I haven't bought the new consoles yet....but I can watch Netflix, YouTube, Amazon, Skype etc......I can do all of that without having to shell out money.

Any of us can. Doesn't mean one cant like the fact that their console does all that as well as play games.

#29 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

I like my console for gaming and for for changing tv channels. That's why the xbone can't even be considered a gaming console.