Can we be honest about TitanFall?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@GoldenElementXL: The movie industry and the gaming industry are 2 different things. High grossing movies get slammed with bad scores of they're actually bad. Go and look at transformers scores on rotten tomatoes. COD has been the same game since 4, yet major sites don't give the games any lower than 7 or 8. Doubt Saw 3-7 got that much leniency from reviewers. Looking at the video I posted and playing the game at my friends house, I can say the scores were BS. I enjoyed Battlefield 4 and Killzone far more. I bet Killzone SF would've been way more liked if it had a 500 dollar marketing campaign.

Killzone sucks IMHO and no dollar amount would make that game good. But still there are people who like it. Titanfall's hype came first and foremost from e very one who played it, and only in the last month has the marketing dollars been used to build public interest. You seem to forget where the hype started.

#102 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

Its a mindless shooter just like all the other mindless shooters. What depth can you expect from the genre?

#103 Edited by Netherscourge (16331 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Netherscourge said:

I've reached level 22 with Titanfall PC, and I have the following observations:

1. Bots may as well be cardboard cut-outs. They're about as influential on the game as the copy-n-paste crowds in Madden games. They're basically something to shoot at when your 6 opponents are busy playing elsewhere.

2. The matches are pathetically short.

3. The intermissions between matches are horrendously long. 1.5 minutes? Really?

4. The maps are too congested, making the sniper options practically pointless. It's non-stop run-N-gun gameplay. Why even have Sniper weapons?

5. The Campaign is not a campaign. It's 3.5 hours of going back and forth between two multiplayer modes (Attrition or Hardpoint) with some named NPCs talking about random nonsense right before you get dropped into a map. In fact, I think almost every single game starts with you jumping out of a drop ship.

6. Burn Cards should have been perks and/or loadout options - NOT 1-use items.

I'm not gonna tell you the game isn't fun. Who doesn't like jumping into a big mech and shooting at puny humans or other big mechs? The problem is that Respawn made a really awesome game engine, but forgot to put a meaningful or memorable game in it. Most gaming sites are in too much awe of the mech combat to see through the hype. I'm telling you this game needs more content. Respawn has to add more stuff to this game or it will grow old and tiring really fast.

My own personal score for the PC version on high settings 1080p, 60FPS?

7/10

It's got a solid game engine; the problem is that Respawn didn't do much with it.

I know people argue that the bots add a Moba Light element, but really it feels like the player count is set at a strict 6 along with the cannon fodder AI was due to this being a console game first and foremost and the fact they needed to get a (atleast reasonable FPS) with the meager xbone hardware.

Hopefully Zampella wasn't bullshitting about mod support.

Modding would DEFINITELY make me more interested in this game.

I LOVE the game engine. But there is so much Respawn didn't do with it that makes me scratch my head.

6 v. 6 is absolutely a console-limitation. But they went ahead and designed the whole game based on console hardware and 6v6 map sizes, so us PC gamers are stuck with what amounts to a glorified DEMO just so the people who paid $500 for the XB1 can feel like special snowflakes at 792p and variable 10 to 60 FPS...

Plus, the Mechs are really just "Chassis" with different guns. There's no personal touch associated with any of them. Heck, both sides in the Campaign have the exact same Mechs - the only difference is the Insignias on them. They should have allowed us to customize the chassis appearance, along with all the loadout stuff.

It's all too generic right now.

Modding would certainly help this.

#104 Posted by MBirdy88 (8979 posts) -
@Netherscourge said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Netherscourge said:

1. Bots may as well be cardboard cut-outs. They're about as influential on the game as the copy-n-paste crowds in Madden games. They're basically something to shoot at when your 6 opponents are busy playing elsewhere.

3. The intermissions between matches are horrendously long. 1.5 minutes? Really?

4. The maps are too congested, making the sniper options practically pointless. It's non-stop run-N-gun gameplay. Why even have Sniper weapons?

5. The Campaign is not a campaign. It's 3.5 hours of going back and forth between two multiplayer modes (Attrition or Hardpoint) with some named NPCs talking about random nonsense right before you get dropped into a map. In fact, I think almost every single game starts with you jumping out of a drop ship.

I'm not gonna tell you the game isn't fun. Who doesn't like jumping into a big mech and shooting at puny humans or other big mechs? The problem is that Respawn made a really awesome game engine, but forgot to put a meaningful or memorable game in it. Most gaming sites are in too much awe of the mech combat to see through the hype. I'm telling you this game needs more content. Respawn has to add more stuff to this game or it will grow old and tiring really fast.

7/10

It's got a solid game engine; the problem is that Respawn didn't do much with it.

I know people argue that the bots add a Moba Light element, but really it feels like the player count is set at a strict 6 along with the cannon fodder AI was due to this being a console game first and foremost and the fact they needed to get a (atleast reasonable FPS) with the meager xbone hardware.

I LOVE the game engine. But there is so much Respawn didn't do with it that makes me scratch my head.

6 v. 6 is absolutely a console-limitation. But they went ahead and designed the whole game based on console hardware, so us PC gamers are stuck with what amounts to a glorified DEMO.

Plus, the Mechs are really just "Chassis" with different guns. There's no personal touch associated with any of them. Heck, both sides in the Campaign have the exact same Mechs - the only difference is the Insignias on them. They should have allowed us to customize the chassis appearance, along with all the loadout stuff.

I think your wrong on this front in 2 ways:

1) 6 vs 6 is due to titan chaos, not limitations. as stated by them.

2) The titans are the same because the same company makes them.....

#105 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15866 posts) -

@Netherscourge said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Netherscourge said:

7/10

6 v. 6 is absolutely a console-limitation. But they went ahead and designed the whole game based on console hardware, so us PC gamers are stuck with what amounts to a glorified DEMO.

Yeah i was severely disappointed when I saw it was only still 3 Mechs. Was hoping they would support different gameplay, a spider like mech that could scale buildings in a skyscraper based map would have been awesome like the Tachikoma from ghost in the shell.

#106 Posted by blackace (21272 posts) -

@Sagemode87: Have you even played the game? If not, how can you even judge it. Critics who actually PLAYED THE GAME loved it. It won 100's of awards at the E3, Toyko Game Show, Gamescom, etc. So should gamers really believe your opinion over the experts who actually play and develope games for a living. I don't think so dude. I'll go with the experts. I've actually played the game and loved it. There were definitely a many gamers who didn't love The Last of Us either, yet you can't take away the awards it won and what it achieved. Nuff said.

#107 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15866 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Sagemode87: Have you even played the game? If not, how can you even judge it. Critics who actually PLAYED THE GAME loved it. It won 100's of awards at the E3, Toyko Game Show, Gamescom, etc. So should gamers really believe your opinion over the experts who actually play and develope games for a living. I don't think so dude. I'll go with the experts. I've actually played the game and loved it. There were definitely a many gamers who didn't love The Last of Us either, yet you can't take away the awards it won and what it achieved. Nuff said.

I think this boils down to fun being subjective.

#108 Posted by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Killzone sucks IMHO and no dollar amount would make that game good. But still there are people who like it. Titanfall's hype came first and foremost from e very one who played it, and only in the last month has the marketing dollars been used to build public interest. You seem to forget where the hype started.

It came from reviewers at E3 the same reviewers who now have it with a score of 85 on gamerankings,so yeah the whole out of this world hype crap and 100 awards sh** turn out to be nothing in the end.

Officially it is lower score than Resistance 1,2 and is a little higher than 3,is average like many of you accuse Resistance of been can't have it both ways,and before you say anything Resistance 2 has 9 on gamespot to and has 86 on gamerankings,and didn't get 100 awards at E3 nor it didn't have half a billion for adds.

#109 Posted by MBirdy88 (8979 posts) -
@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

It came from reviewers at E3 the same reviewers who now have it with a score of 85 on gamerankings,so yeah the whole out of this world hype crap and 100 awards sh** turn out to be nothing in the end.

Officially it is lower score than Resistance 1,2 and is a little higher than 3,is average like many of you accuse Resistance of been can't have it both ways,and before you say anything Resistance 2 has 9 on gamespot to and has 86 on gamerankings,and didn't get 100 awards at E3 nor it didn't have half a billion for adds.

Sigh your logic is so pathetically flawed, didnt you enjoy your failure enough in the hype trhead?

#110 Posted by blackace (21272 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@shawn30 said:

Wow.. you really that butthurt? LMAO!!

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

#111 Posted by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@blackace said:

Why would i be butthurt about a multiplatform game at least Resistance was exclusive..hahaha

By the way unlike you i don't make fantasy claims about the Wii u outselling the PS4..hahaha

#112 Posted by tormentos (19640 posts) -
@MBirdy88 said:

Sigh your logic is so pathetically flawed, didnt you enjoy your failure enough in the hype trhead?

Really why because i call a game out for what it score.? Or because i apply to other games what was apply to sony games.?

#113 Posted by mems_1224 (48136 posts) -

Poor cows :(

Still talking about Titanfall because PS4 still has no games. One day guys, one day.

#114 Edited by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Still talking about Titanfall because PS4 still has no games. One day guys, one day.

http://www.gamerankings.com/xboxone/635381-titanfall/index.html

Resistance > Titanfall..

Hahahaha but but the best FPS ever made..lol

#116 Posted by MBirdy88 (8979 posts) -
@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

Resistance > Titanfall..

You really are this slow? nobody said it was the ebst fps ever.... just that its incredibly fun and refreshing, which is exactly how its been recieved.

#117 Edited by mems_1224 (48136 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

Resistance > Titanfall..

lol what? Titanfall has a 89 on metacritic, thats higher than any Resistance game. Try again loser.

#118 Posted by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

You really are this slow? nobody said it was the ebst fps ever.... just that its incredibly fun and refreshing, which is exactly how its been recieved.

Now where the fu** you have been since E3.? This game has been hype to be the second coming of Christ trying to pretend now that it has been claim to be the best FPS is a joke,some journalist even claimed it was the most innovative game..haha

Lemming here have been riding this game,the fact that you want to act like this game hasn't been treated as the be all end all of FPS is a joke,stop pretending even on sales threads lemming think this game will change everything.

I really don't care for details all i care is that it has 85 on gamerankings already,with the huge hype it got from lemming and MS which didn't loose time call every time that the game won more than 100 awards at E3,this should be a lesson E3 previews mean little release copies do.

How is refreshing tell me hell i want to know what make this game so refreshing that other games before it haven't done,even having small content for full price has been done before,jet packs,robots,shooting,perks.

@SNIPER4321 said:

titanfall is basically mech version of COD where u do nothing but shoot shoot shooty gaining xp with no skill system. being core experience PC gamer titanfall did absolutely nothing for genre.

Yep.

And you ask lemming and they can't tell you oh the game is fun is all they can say,this game has zero innovation is use an abused to hell and beyond formula yet is was branded at E3 as the game of E3,funny with 100 awards..lol

#119 Posted by kuu2 (7790 posts) -

@Solid_Max13: Even hardcore Cows agree the game is great. Only Sony Fan refuses to recognize a great game on other platforms. SMH............

#120 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3695 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

Resistance > Titanfall..

lol what? Titanfall has a 89 on metacritic, thats higher than any Resistance game. Try again loser.

89 on PC 86 on Xbox One. So you in fact lose there. But of course he is gonna use the one that makes a Sony game look better than a Microsoft game. Cows seem to be confused though. I would swear by the way they are talking about Titanfall THEY are the ones that think it's an exclusive. Resistance vs Titanfall? Exclusive vs Multiplat?

#121 Posted by mems_1224 (48136 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

@mems_1224 said:

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

Resistance > Titanfall..

89 on PC 86 on Xbox One. So you in fact lose there. But of course he is gonna use the one that makes a Sony game look better than a Microsoft game. Cows seem to be confused though. I would swear by the way they are talking about Titanfall THEY are the ones that think it's an exclusive. Resistance vs Titanfall? Exclusive vs Multiplat?

How do I lose? I dont own the X1 version of Titanfall, I own the PC version.

#122 Posted by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/titanfall

It has 86 on Meta and dropping,Resistance also has 86 on Meta..

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/resistance-2

Ups Resistance 2 has 87 with 79 reviews on meta and has 6 mixed scores Titanfall has 46 and 2 mixed score and already is on 86..hahaha

but but loser..hahaha

#123 Edited by mems_1224 (48136 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

Ups Resistance 2 has 87 with 79 reviews on meta and has 6 mixed scores Titanfall has 46 and 2 mixed score and already is on 86..hahaha

but but loser..hahaha

My version has an 89. Try again loser

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/titanfall

#124 Edited by blackace (21272 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Why would i be butthurt about a multiplatform game at least Resistance was exclusive..hahaha

By the way unlike you i don't make fantasy claims about the Wii u outselling the PS4..hahaha

That's what I want to know. You're one of the many fools on here damage controlling a multiplat game. lol!! Wii U Japan launch sales >>>>> PS4 Japan launch sales. That's a fact. A pretty sad fact, but still a fact. LOL!! You just butthurt. Demand for the PS4 in Japan is pretty much dead. Scalpers can't even sell them for a profit on Ebay. It's reminds me of the PS3 after it launched.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/22/ps4-scalpers-defeated-in-japan-by-widespread-availability-of-sonys-new-console/

I have a question for Tormentos? Why are you comparing old Resistance games scores to Titanfall instead of the current gen match up like Killzone: SF?

Oh wait!! Is it because Killzone:SF got a 73 score on both Gamerankings and Metacritics, and you wouldn't be able to claim any type of ownage?

lmao!! You're a tool. No one takes ANY of your posts SERIOUSLY. You are like SW's Court Jester. You coming in here and everyone points and gets a good laugh.

#125 Posted by MBirdy88 (8979 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

but but loser..hahaha

And you think, because of this people think Titanfall is only equal to resistance? honestly? can you be that thick?

#126 Posted by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

And this is why i keep calling you out and making fun your so call unbiased opinions,go tell that to Stormy Joe who was fighting with me about how the game was an advantage for the xbox one no matter what.

It is lemming who have treat this game like an exclusive from day 1,in fact you can find my arguments everywhere downplaying that notion,i have since day 1 keep my stance about this game been a multiplatform,in fact should i search for the thread about how the PS4 need something to counter Titanfall.? Or are did you remember it now.? Because i was there and i was one of those asking why sony need it something to counter a multiplatform with an exclusive.

Now i use resistance to make lemmings mad,because they hated Resistance so much and talked endless crap of it,including the dude you just quote who call it garbage..hahaha

So that garbage (Resistance) is better than Titanfall at least that is what reviewers are saying now,so yeah the xbox one still has no exclusives and the multiplatform they just got was flopped by the review community.

@mems_1224 said:

That is the PC version which i wasn't talking about and you are a lemming so yeah,nice one it has 86...hahahaha

#127 Edited by tormentos (19640 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I wasn't talking about the PC version i was talking about the xbox one version,and the PC has only 6 score and already is on 89 so wait a little longer most reviewers score multiplatforms games the same regardless of graphics.

@blackace said:

That's what I want to know. You're one of the many fools on here damage controlling a multiplat game. lol!! Wii U Japan launch sales >>>>> PS4 Japan launch sales. That's a fact. A pretty sad fact, but still a fact. LOL!! You just butthurt. Demand for the PS4 in Japan is pretty much dead. Scalpers can't even sell them for a profit on Ebay. It's reminds me of the PS3 after it launched.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/22/ps4-scalpers-defeated-in-japan-by-widespread-availability-of-sonys-new-console/

First of all the Wii U sold more in the first 3 weeks than the PS4 because it release on December also there is a shortage.

http://www.shopto.net/news/45506/Japanese-Charts-Feb-26-March-2-PS4-top-despite-stock-shortage

My link is from march 5 your from launch so yeah,the first week there wasn't a shortage but by week 2 the shipments were basically gone.

But once again that has nothing to do with what the PS4 is performing and like the company you love and defend you are full of sh** and claiming false things,in fast the Wii U on those on the first 3 weeks of the PS4 sold like 30,000 Units,the PS4 on its lowest week sold 32,000K so yeah the PS4 is smoking the Wii U like 5 to 1.

Funny enough the PS4 had the 3rd best launch ever over the wii u..hahaha

So once again link me to where it show that the Wii U is outselling the PS4 3 to 1,because if you are going by total cumulative sales,then the Wii U is outselling the xbox one 1,664,263 to 0...

Which is far worse,are you butthurt that the PS4 destroyed the Wii LTD in just 3 months while you beloved xbox one still is 3rd.? lol

@blackace said:

I have a question for Tormentos? Why are you comparing old Resistance games scores to Titanfall instead of the current gen match up like Killzone: SF?

Oh pretty easy to make a point remember all those times you lemming tag resistance as garbage even that it had 86% well now what is good for one most be good for the other.

@MBirdy88 said:

And you think, because of this people think Titanfall is only equal to resistance? honestly? can you be that thick?

I don't care what you or others damage controllers think,i know why i compare them the point is carry very nicely,if Resistance was garbage with 86% Titanfall with 85% what do you think it is.?

#128 Edited by super600 (30953 posts) -

No one will care about titanfall's MC or GR scores at the end of the day. It will sell based on how fun it is. The resistance franchise would dream of being anywere near the titanfall franchise in terms of appeal at the end of this gen. The resistance franchise appeals to a niche audience and sony has recognized that. That is why sony is not making another resistance game.And please stop comparing both games because they both appeal to two different audiences.

#129 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24126 posts) -

gawd!

gawd y'all!

dem marketing dollahs is the only reason why people are talking about titanfall!

it has nothing to do with the vast majority of reviewers and game journalists going batshyt crazy for it!

gawd!

fukkin m$ y'all!

gawd!

#130 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3214 posts) -

In order to keep System Wars from becoming a TitanFall board, please direct TitanFall posts to the sticky. Thanks!