Can we be honest about TitanFall?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by LJS9502_basic (156640 posts) -

@HadOne2Many: I think it would be better to focus on the game as it's released and not trailers from E3 etc....if you wanted to make a point that is.

#52 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Hey TC, are you buying Titanfall? If not, then why do you give a shit? I have no interest in the game at all, so I couldn't care less what flaws it does or does not have.

but the thing is, a lot of people who "have no interest in the game" seem to spend a lot of time posting in threads about it.

Posting in a thread about it and creating a thread about it are two different things.

#53 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28810 posts) -

hmmm every thing I've seen against skilled opponents just try winning games by doing nothing but killing bots and you will get your ass handed to you continually.

there is also two modes where bots either don't appear or do nothing for your end score.

also here is something honest about titanfall.

titanfall 9

Killzone shadow fall 7

HA HA

#54 Edited by sts106mat (22630 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@sts106mat said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Hey TC, are you buying Titanfall? If not, then why do you give a shit? I have no interest in the game at all, so I couldn't care less what flaws it does or does not have.

but the thing is, a lot of people who "have no interest in the game" seem to spend a lot of time posting in threads about it.

Posting in a thread about it and creating a thread about it are two different things.

I agree, i wasn't pointing the finger at you btw

#55 Posted by sts106mat (22630 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

hmmm every thing I've seen against skilled opponents just try winning games by doing nothing but killing bots and you will get your ass handed to you continually.

there is also two modes where bots either don't appear or do nothing for your end score.

also here is something honest about titanfall.

titanfall 9

Killzone shadow fall 7

HA HA

so true. Got my Titanfall headset this dinnertime, and wifey reports my copy has indeed landed at home. I cant wait to get into it tonight.

A cool thing i tried in the beta was to pick a couple of guys on my team who seemed to be performing above average, in the next round i'd follow them and try and see how they played...it's no use trying to run down the main street and blind throw grenades ala COD.

Some of the maps look incredible, apparently one has pterodactyl type creatures that can swoop down and kill you !! awesome!

#56 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

There will always be a small number of people that "don't get it". This doesn't override the fact that this game is very competitive and will become a staple for MLG.

For those who don't jive well with this type of game, there is always Puppeteer on the PS3 that maybe more your speed. Bye.

great game. Awesome soundtrack too. You'll enjoy it.

I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation! *rolls eyes, giving hand job motion*

#57 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@sts106mat said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

I agree, i wasn't pointing the finger at you btw

Oh I know. I didn't take it that way.

#58 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

And the butthurt over titanfall getting a 9 continues

#59 Posted by Arthas045 (5683 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Here is my honesty with TitanFall and I am more cow. The game is incredible fun it won't win any awards for best looking or most revolutionary but honestly it doesn't need to, the game has kept me up night after night just because how fun it is, it reminded me of the old days with unreal tournament and tribes 2, and how you'd want to just one more match before bed. It does not bring anything new to the FPS genre, the game modes are something you'd find in every other game either way, but with COD getting stale and BF super competitive it feels balanced in TitanFall. I don't agree the game should be 60 bucks( I got it for 45) or it's reason enough to buy an Xbox one for me as of yet, but the game to me is a start of something incredible, the bots are completely stupid and there as cannon fodder but the game plays fluidly and I can't stop playing, do I think the game deserved a 9? No I think 8.5 is a great score but I also wish EA had out TitanFall on all systems for everyone to enjoy and just have fun if you have an XB1 PC or 360 it is worth checking out, if your not an FPS fan there's not much there to really saddle you in, but if you loved unreal, tribes, quake arena back in the day or loved COD MW1 MP this is a game to certainly get and franchise worth watching.

This sums it all up. Good post.

#60 Posted by KarateeeChop (4666 posts) -

haha butthurt/damage control

#61 Posted by donalbane (16383 posts) -

Titanfall has reignited my interest in multiplayer games. I am the kind of guy who preferred to play the campaign, and just casually jump in to the multiplayer modes. However Titanfall is the most exciting thing to happen to multiplayer games since battlefield 1942 introduced vehicles in my opinion. I'm leveling up at a rate I've never done in one of these games before. It's the best multiplayer shooter on the market, and regardless of what you think of the Xbox One, you should try it out on PC before your condemn it.

#62 Edited by misterpmedia (5914 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

There will always be a small number of people that "don't get it". This doesn't override the fact that this game is very competitive and will become a staple for MLG.

For those who don't jive well with this type of game, there is always Puppeteer on the PS3 that maybe more your speed. Bye.

great game. Awesome soundtrack too. You'll enjoy it.

I'll check it out this weekend. Thanks for the recommendation! *rolls eyes, giving hand job motion*

I think there's a lemhead you can pick up in game. It makes the game's frame rate drop to single digits and screen tear. Realistic experience. It's not a popular head to collect though.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#63 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (11607 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Poor cows :(

Poor lems. Their games don't run at 60fps and 1080p. lulz

#64 Posted by MBirdy88 (10585 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@MonsieurX said:

PS4 runs it at 0 fps and 0p.

#65 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

funny how cows only want people to "honestly" bash prominent Xbox games. but if people honestly talk about how generic Playstation games usually are then they're "wrong wrong wrong" and get called every bad name a cow can think of lol.

i dont see many people defend knack or kz (other than graphics) for being good games. i think lems are having a case of inferiority complex right now and are defensive about everything. oh and no need to defend a multi plat

#66 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

lol Cows still crying about Titanfall. Whats new?

#67 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@MonsieurX said:

Yet another multiplat that runs better on X1

#68 Posted by Ghost120x (4710 posts) -

I haven't been following this game at all. So, what's this about the bot mode in titan fall?

#69 Posted by Chutebox (40519 posts) -

It's a fun game, nothing special. I don't care for the "competitive" scene or the bots. Hate the bots

#70 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

I haven't been following this game at all. So, what's this about the bot mode in titan fall?

There is no "bot mode"

The game has both pilots and bots in the same round. The bots act similarly to minions in a Moba. You kill them to get XP and reduce the build time of your Titan

#71 Posted by MonsieurX (34729 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@MonsieurX said:

One of the few,you mean

#72 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@MonsieurX said:

One of the few,you mean

Obviously that new SDK and drivers are finally kicking in

#73 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1236 posts) -

Theres always youtube cows if you really wanted to try the game using your imagination just plug a controller while watching a Titanfall youtube video.

or spend some money for a nicely well built PC and enjoy very easy. STOP CRYING.

#74 Posted by NFJSupreme (6100 posts) -

I actually have the game and play it a lot. It's fun. The creeps only get in the way for the noobs who can't easily spot and ignore them. Only thing bad about the game is that you can't create private matches on your own settings so because of that it's incomplete imo. I'd give it am 8 if I were to score it.

#75 Posted by psone4xbox (64 posts) -

I agree with the op that this game likely won't make an mlg circuit unless they take out bots. It's not the greatest fps game to ever come out, but it's still fun. Personally I would like to see no bots in multiplayer online gameplay, but add an offline not mode for those who want to play alone or if the internet service is down or slow...thanks time warner cable.

Hopefully as the game matures they will make a titanfall 2 and improve upon the game. I miss the days of playing quake 3 arena online, and this game kind of reminds me of those days...

#76 Edited by pelvist (6038 posts) -

Its a decent game thats about as far as id go, Its not for me though, probably a 7/10 in my book. But you can definitely tell between BOTS and players after just a few games.

#77 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1236 posts) -

I get it PS4 owners :'(

#78 Posted by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

funny how cows only want people to "honestly" bash prominent Xbox games. but if people honestly talk about how generic Playstation games usually are then they're "wrong wrong wrong" and get called every bad name a cow can think of lol.

i dont see many people defend knack or kz (other than graphics) for being good games. i think lems are having a case of inferiority complex right now and are defensive about everything. oh and no need to defend a multi plat

no, this is what cows do.

they hype garbage generic looking games for months on end until it releases and it either flops or just isnt that great. then they just stop talking about it as if it doesnt exist because they're "owned" for hyping the trash so hard for all those months. they better not talk about them after the truth comes out, lol...go back to dick riding Uncharted and Naughty Dog, but don't bring up those trash games PLEASE lol.

thats how they do it...over hype garbage to ridiculous degrees, then quiet down after everything everyone has been telling them ends up being true. they avoid shii they can't live in a fantasy world about...which pretty much explains why any thread that has anything positive to say about MS, or the Xbox, sinks off the front page faster than the titanic lol.

#79 Posted by kbanna (739 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@MonsieurX said:

And your fun exclusive games run at....oh my bad what are they again?

#80 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

@Sagemode87:

I didn't play Titanfall but would you say it's similar to Gundam?

#81 Posted by MonsieurX (34729 posts) -

@kbanna said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@MonsieurX said:

And your fun exclusive games run at....oh my bad what are they again?

1080p 60fps

Hi Forza 5

#82 Posted by XboxStache (1530 posts) -

COWS cry about Titanfall, but Sony gave them Haze as an exclusive (ubisoft) that was supposed to be the Halo killer. Yeah. What a turd of a game.

Also, the bots aren't ruining Titanfall, they merely need to be tweaked and given at least some difficulty slider options that makes them do more than just get mowed down.

The good part about Titanfall is that while you're mowing down bots and get comfortable in-game, a human player comes along and gives you a challenge. It could be more balanced, but the game just launched and respawn are working on a number of things in the free update.

#83 Posted by Sagemode87 (1272 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Never realized til now what a rabbid lem you are. For the record, Forza 5 doesn't look next gen. Keep spinning though, try not to get dizzy.

#84 Edited by MonsieurX (34729 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@MonsieurX: Never realized til now what a rabbid lem you are. For the record, Forza 5 doesn't look next gen. Keep spinning though, try not to get dizzy.

Lovely DC.

I'm not even a lem

Forza 5 is 1080P 60fps on next gen consoles.

#85 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1236 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

Damn the vibration of that butthurt.

felt like a 6.4 earthquake inside my emotions.

Avatar image for GoldenElementXL
#86 Posted by GoldenElementXL (6658 posts) -

Cows let me give you some advice. Stop clicking on threads with the word Titanfall in them. You guys are doing serious damage to your credibility. If you think the game is so bad then why do you spend so much time talking about it? Seems like a waste of life to me. And who knows you might need some of that energy on the 21st.

#87 Edited by TigerSuperman (4331 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Microsoft will pay for it to be on the competitive scene but, like Filler Instinct, it won't have enough organic support to be tenable and it'll get dropped in a few months.

KI is being considered to be in E-sports, although that's not my kind of thing, and is constantly mentioned in forums related to it.

#88 Posted by Sagemode87 (1272 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL: The game is being marketed to high hell and celebrities are even being paid to talk about it. Its being built up as this next big thing. As a gamer, i have a right to call MS and its fanboys out for it if it looks like BS.

#89 Posted by clone01 (26191 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Cool. You were honest. Now, my turn. Why do any of you take games seriously? They're fvckin GAMES. Its a fun game. Get over it.

Pretty much. Whether or not the game catches on with the professional scene does not concern me in the slightest.

#90 Edited by tymeservesfate (2230 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Damn the vibration of that butthurt.

felt like a 6.4 earthquake inside my emotions.

LOL

so much vibration that you'd think ur playing with one of those slick new Xbox One controllers with their cool new vibrating triggers.

HEY SAGE

Avatar image for GoldenElementXL
#91 Posted by GoldenElementXL (6658 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@GoldenElementXL: The game is being marketed to high hell and celebrities are even being paid to talk about it. Its being built up as this next big thing. As a gamer, i have a right to call MS and its fanboys out for it if it looks like BS.

Are you new to marketing? Do you watch TV? Go to the Movies? Does a "movie fan" get this upset when a new Transformers movie comes out?

#92 Posted by uninspiredcup (18604 posts) -

@psone4xbox said:

Hopefully as the game matures they will make a titanfall 2 and improve upon the game. I miss the days of playing quake 3 arena online, and this game kind of reminds me of those days...

Quake 3 required skill. It's a pretty insulting comment to make.

#93 Edited by Sagemode87 (1272 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL: The movie industry and the gaming industry are 2 different things. High grossing movies get slammed with bad scores of they're actually bad. Go and look at transformers scores on rotten tomatoes. COD has been the same game since 4, yet major sites don't give the games any lower than 7 or 8. Doubt Saw 3-7 got that much leniency from reviewers. Looking at the video I posted and playing the game at my friends house, I can say the scores were BS. I enjoyed Battlefield 4 and Killzone far more. I bet Killzone SF would've been way more liked if it had a 500 dollar marketing campaign.

#94 Posted by Sagemode87 (1272 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Not a Lem, yeah sure. Yet you do nothing but troll PlayStation. You actually feel Forza 5 looks next gen? Lol.

#95 Posted by MonsieurX (34729 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@MonsieurX: Not a Lem, yeah sure. Yet you do nothing but troll PlayStation. You actually feel Forza 5 looks next gen? Lol.

Not about what I feel or not.

1080p 60fps on next gen consoles,go on,cry about it.

I just laugh at fanboys,not the same

#96 Posted by Ghost120x (4710 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Ghost120x said:

There is no "bot mode"

The game has both pilots and bots in the same round. The bots act similarly to minions in a Moba. You kill them to get XP and reduce the build time of your Titan

Interesting. Luckily I have had no interest in the first place.

#97 Posted by RR360DD (13494 posts) -

Awwww look at the cow cry

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#98 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18648 posts) -

I'll probably get it once mod support is in. A gundam mod would be pretty sweet, or an all pilots mode not a fan of bots.

#99 Edited by Netherscourge (16360 posts) -

I've reached level 22 with Titanfall PC, and I have the following observations:

1. Bots may as well be cardboard cut-outs. They're about as influential on the game as the copy-n-paste crowds in Madden games. They're basically something to shoot at when your 6 opponents are busy playing elsewhere.

2. The matches are pathetically short.

3. The intermissions between matches are horrendously long. 1.5 minutes? Really?

4. The maps are too congested, making the sniper options practically pointless. It's non-stop run-N-gun gameplay. Why even have Sniper weapons?

5. The Campaign is not a campaign. It's 3.5 hours of going back and forth between two multiplayer modes (Attrition or Hardpoint) with some named NPCs talking about random nonsense right before you get dropped into a map. In fact, I think almost every single game starts with you jumping out of a drop ship.

6. Burn Cards should have been perks and/or loadout options - NOT 1-use items.

I'm not gonna tell you the game isn't fun. Who doesn't like jumping into a big mech and shooting at puny humans or other big mechs? The problem is that Respawn made a really awesome game engine, but forgot to put a meaningful or memorable game in it. Most gaming sites are in too much awe of the mech combat to see through the hype. I'm telling you this game needs more content. Respawn has to add more stuff to this game or it will grow old and tiring really fast.

My own personal score for the PC version on high settings 1080p, 60FPS?

7/10

It's got a solid game engine; the problem is that Respawn didn't do much with it.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#100 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18648 posts) -

@Netherscourge said:

I've reached level 22 with Titanfall PC, and I have the following observations:

1. Bots may as well be cardboard cut-outs. They're about as influential on the game as the copy-n-paste crowds in Madden games. They're basically something to shoot at when your 6 opponents are busy playing elsewhere.

2. The matches are pathetically short.

3. The intermissions between matches are horrendously long. 1.5 minutes? Really?

4. The maps are too congested, making the sniper options practically pointless. It's non-stop run-N-gun gameplay. Why even have Sniper weapons?

5. The Campaign is not a campaign. It's 3.5 hours of going back and forth between two multiplayer modes (Attrition or Hardpoint) with some named NPCs talking about random nonsense right before you get dropped into a map. In fact, I think almost every single game starts with you jumping out of a drop ship.

6. Burn Cards should have been perks and/or loadout options - NOT 1-use items.

I'm not gonna tell you the game isn't fun. Who doesn't like jumping into a big mech and shooting at puny humans or other big mechs? The problem is that Respawn made a really awesome game engine, but forgot to put a meaningful or memorable game in it. Most gaming sites are in too much awe of the mech combat to see through the hype. I'm telling you this game needs more content. Respawn has to add more stuff to this game or it will grow old and tiring really fast.

My own personal score for the PC version on high settings 1080p, 60FPS?

7/10

It's got a solid game engine; the problem is that Respawn didn't do much with it.

I know people argue that the bots add a Moba Light element, but really it feels like the player count is set at a strict 6v6 along with the cannon fodder AI was due to this being a console game first and foremost and the fact they needed to get a (atleast reasonable FPS) with the meager xbone hardware.

Hopefully Zampella wasn't bullshitting about mod support.