Can we agree that Sony is best gaming hardware maker of all time?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#51 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Loading Video...

I always love busting out this clip, thank you for allowing me to do so.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Let's be real, Northwest Falcon has been one of the best gaming hardware makers for a while now that trumps anything Sony has been making in terms of quality and performance.

You mean Falcon Northwest? That's a PC though.

Still gaming hardware though. OP didn't say console only but that's only relative to the time period it's released in.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If hardware manufacturing quality is a game of football, Nintendo and Sega are in the stadium playing against one another and Microsoft and Sony are out in the parking lot arguing over which one of them is better.

I have witnessed a Gamecube tumble down a flight of 15 stairs and not only survive, but function as normal without any problems.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@LJS9502_basic: Read Solid Ty's sig and you will understand. This is a direct knee to his nards.

You copying my signature is not a direct knee to anything, my good sir. :) After all, it's not like you actually "won" those (some non-existent in SW history) internet awards you claim to have won like I had done. I appreciate comedy more than others though. That's why I didn't petition anyone on my behalf for you to take your mock piece down.

I've always been flattered that when people read your imitated SolidTy® sig and they can think of me...just as I've always enjoyed when I've taken time from this place and I see people still bring me up. I've always enjoyed users that pay me tribute or at least that's what I should say in a troll fest like SW, right? At either rate, it's certainly better than the miscategoried "direct knee" metaphor. Look at this thread, I didn't post in it at all and my name was dropped.

Your sig is yet another amazing monument to the glory of SolidTy® which I've always appreciated. I admit it's a bit of an e-ego-inflater, at least that is what I let on, but what else is there really to do in this SW trollfest of a place when it comes down to it? We are all just personalities interacting.

Of course, if I let you in on my astute perception when you first copied my sig, you might have altered your signature, but I figured I'd let you in my outlook on your flattery as been at a while.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Charles Caleb Colton

For the sake of a good joke, I'm all for acting like it's a "direct knee to my nards" if it really adds to any comedic affect.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@nyadc: "The PS3 was mostly theoretically more powerful and showcased it SOMETIMES in first party games, however multiplatform games, the games which made up the bulk of both libraries were better performing on the Xbox 360."

I wouldn't event count 3rd party as they never really showcase a platform's power if not exclusive.

What game looked better than GOW3?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

No, I do not agree that Sony makes the best hardware on any level; their hardware has typically not been the best in terms of power, reliability, innovation, or peripherals.

In terms of hardware reliability, that easily goes to Nintendo by far.

In terms of hardware power, this is the first generation where Sony's hardware has been able to produce the best console multiplats. In all three of the previous generations their hardware produced weaker multiplats.

In terms of hardware innovation, Nintendo takes this one easily as well. The d-pad, the thumbstick, 4 controller ports, motion control, controller vibration, the first good 1st party wireless controller, battery backup, shoulder buttons, trigger button, portable game consoles. Sony's hardware innovations can't even come close to comparing.

In terms of peripherals, they used the same cheap feeling, uncomfortable, and archaic controller design for three generations in a row. This is the first generation where they have finally made some good improvements to their controller to make it more comfortable and not feel like a cheap toy anymore, but it's still not great with cheap crappy analog sticks, terrible battery life, and the same archaic stick placement. The Xbox 360 controller is widely considered to be the best controller ever, not any of Sony's controllers.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@nyadc: Lol no it didn't... The PS3 was superior to the 360. More reliable, better graphics on exclusives and more features(Bluray) etc. You give the 360 the nod for better multiplats which wasn't even an advantage the entire gen.

PS3 wasn't superior to the 360 ie. both consoles are effectively similar.

Multiplatform PS3 games such BF3 has used CELL's SPE for GpGPU style workloads since PS3 RSX's shaders are GpGPU incompetent.

PS3's 6 SPE + RSX didn't deliver NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX shader power advantage. For cutting edge GpGPUs, no sane GPU vendor has designed PS3's split graphic processing architecture.

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX is twice the raw shader GFLOPS over Xbox 360's ATI Xenos GPU.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@nyadc: The PS2 came out a year earlier then the Xbox, the PS3 was more powerful and more reliable and the PS4 beats the X1. Sorry MS isn't close to Sony when it comes to hardware.

On paper but not in reality and the proof was in the multiplats. Doesn't do any good to have a theoretically more powerful system if the devs can't get the results. As far as more reliable, maybe the 1 couple of year but once MS fixed the RROD problem I don't think so. The PS3 was a POS when it came to reliability. Laser issues and YOLD and lets not even talk about the PS2.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@AM-Gamer: "The PS2 came out a year earlier then the Xbox, the PS3 was more powerful and more reliable"

ps2 was also a cheaply built piece of trash that scratched discs and the Xbox was way more powerful and reliable. In fact, the gap between ps2/Xbox was bigger than the gap between 360/ps3

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@superflyzero said:

PS3 had a much better architectural design, inside and out, than Xbox 360 did, that's not even disputable.

That's bull$hit, PS3 architectural design was smashed by ATI Xenos and NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX architectural design.

Both AMD(ATI) and NVIDIA forced IBM's CELL technology out from math extensive server market.

GeForce 8800 GTX architectural design (unified shaders/unified MIMD units with GpGPU features) is currently powering PS4 and all of gaming PC's GPUs.

Both NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX(G80), NVIDIA Kepler/Maxwell GPUs and AMD GCN(Graphics Core Next) follows MIMD design concepts.

Pre-AMD GCN Radeon HDs that was powered by VLIW design concepts is dead. AMD VLIW GPU designs covers Radeon HD 2900XT to Radeon HD 6970 and Wii U.

ATI Xenos's 48 shader/ALU units are split into 3 groups of 16 shader/ALU units.

AMD GCN CU's 64 shader/ALU units are split into 4 groups of 16 shader/ALU units.

Notice the AMD GCN's design is the spiritual successor from ATI Xenos, hence Xbox 360 BC for the GPU side would be relatively easy on Xbox One.

Sony's PS4 has "out-Xbox" Microsoft's Xbox One.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts
Loading Video...

@SolidGame_basic:was this you ?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@mems_1224: The original Xbox was better hardware again though how is that impressive? You should always smoke your competitors when you have a whole year to work on your hardware.

The 360 had the highest failure rate of any console and also scratched disk. It was a piece of shit..

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kingtito

@AM-Gamer said:

@mems_1224: The original Xbox was better hardware again though how is that impressive? You should always smoke your competitors when you have a whole year to work on your hardware.

The 360 had the highest failure rate of any console and also scratched disk. It was a piece of shit..

PS3 says hello. It didn't smoke anything.

The PS2 scratch disc and also had the DRE failure and there wasn't one person I knew that didn't have 1 of those issues. The PS2 was a piece of shit but at least MS repaired the 360s, couldn't say the same for the PS2. You really need to get your head out of Sony's ass. They're not even close to making the best hardware.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#64 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The answer to this question is the same as it was the first time you made this thread. Lol. No.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Actually, can we all agree that "can we all agree threads are annoying?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#66 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@verbtex said:

I agree, if for no other reason than because none of us will ever actiully all agree on something.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@verbtex said:

I agree, if for no other reason than because none of us will ever actiully all agree on something.

Make it a moddable offense. Throw in "Am I the only one, but" or "Is it just me" because no bitch, you're not special.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Short answer, No.

Long answer, Nope. :P

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
  • PS1 was great for its time... Had great exclusives too.
  • PS2 had inferior hardware compared to Xbox, which means inferior multiplats... Still great exclusives.
  • PS3 had terrible hardware design. It was so hard to code for. That's the reason many multiplats never released on it or were broken... Both Consoles were almost equal in terms of raw power. PS3 had good handful of exclusives.
  • PS4 has better hardware, and superior multiplats. Both Xbox One and PS4 are easy to code for. Still not as many exclusives as PS2 but sales are great.

So you can see that Sony had its ups and downs. So, I'm not sure about them being best of all time.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

No not really.

N64 > PS1

Xbox/DC > PS2

360 = PS3 (though the PS3 had a huge build quality advantage)

PS4 > Xbone

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#71  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Red Ring of Death makes me agree with you TC

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

Hell no, I will never forget those crappy Playstation 2's that only ready the blue disc versus the silver disc and vice versa, that was a mass problem that I still think to this day Sony did it on purpose so people can buy new PS2's all over again. The PS3 was the ONLY Playstation system that was great hardware wise, and the Wobble Station 4 is a NO NO. So NO Sony is not even close to being the best console hardware maker of all time, they suck actually.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
@kingtito said:

The PS2 scratch disc and also had the DRE failure and there wasn't one person I knew that didn't have 1 of those issues. The PS2 was a piece of shit but at least MS repaired the 360s, couldn't say the same for the PS2. You really need to get your head out of Sony's ass. They're not even close to making the best hardware.

Hi. I never had those issues. Now you know someone who didn't. Actually I didn't know anyone that did have those issues. I did know lots of people that had RRoD.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#75 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Sony has had enormous success with making the best hardware. In its four generations of existence, 3 out of the 4 systems that came out were enormous successes from launch. Sony then went into portables and created the PSP and Vita which nothing could really contend against. The Sony brand is associated with solid hardware and tech. No other gaming company has come close. Agered?

sony is not making any hardware, AMD is, sony dont even know how to make GPUs, CPUs, gddr5 memory or how to put it all togheter, if not for the brand AMD could alone release both consoles without much external help

best you can say is that sony made a good low level API

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#76 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Hmmm not that linear. Playstation 1 and 4 were indeed very well designed. Playstation 2 and 3, on the other hand, were a joke hardware wise.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#77 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@nyadc said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@nyadc said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Nintendo stuck with cartilages way to long.

Anyway I always liked SEGA best. Nothing wrong with their hardware. MS took the DC controller for inspiration.....but since they came out a couple years later I'd hope they'd have better tech.

Also the 360 had major problems so it doesn't give MS the edge.

The 360 had one oversight in one aspect of its original design, the package itself though, as a piece of technology was a better device than the PS3.

Over the course of the generation it produced better results than PlayStation 3 for most of the games released. Hardware power becomes irrelevant when it's too convoluted to access by developers.

Sorry dude but when it has defects it's not getting my vote.

The cell could be considered the largest hardware defect of last generation due to poor design choices that made it exceedingly hard to code for, worse than the Saturn even. It's a worse oversight than a faulty cooling method as it can never be corrected and for the life of the console produced an overall less capable system, I don't know how you can see that as better. The 360 was fixed and it was never an issue again, however the standing result is you got better performing games over the entirety of the generation.

That Cell processor is the bloody reason why you'll never get damn BackwardsCompatiblity on PS4.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

@acp_45 said:
@nyadc said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Sorry dude but when it has defects it's not getting my vote.

The cell could be considered the largest hardware defect of last generation due to poor design choices that made it exceedingly hard to code for, worse than the Saturn even. It's a worse oversight than a faulty cooling method as it can never be corrected and for the life of the console produced an overall less capable system, I don't know how you can see that as better. The 360 was fixed and it was never an issue again, however the standing result is you got better performing games over the entirety of the generation.

That Cell processor is the bloody reason why you'll never get damn BackwardsCompatiblity on PS4.

LOL buying a new gen console to play old games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Yup, Sony outclassed MS 3/3 times

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Sony's going to end up winning 3 out of 4 console gens.

>Not the best.

You want to make the argument someone makes better hardware? Sure, but the make consoles that tend to get a better selection of games and a wider selection of games than their counterparts, and it's been that way now 3 times. The gen where exclusives are becoming even more of a premium and third party have less impact in terms of providing exclusives, IE a situation would given Microsoft and Nintendo a better fighting chance (as simply put the PS1 and 2 had more third party support, it is what it is), is the scenario where Sony is walking away with this gen.

The PS4 sucks if you're a PC gamer, this is one of the weakest console gens, right now it's shaping up to be one of the weakest gaming gens period, but anyway you slice it they've been the modern standard for making a console that is actually worth the price of admission if you're a console gamer. The PS3 is their lone misfire, and even that they made respectable by the end of the gen.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wasn't this locked ?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@lostrib said:

Wasn't this locked ?

Yes it was locked not too long ago, but someone unlocked it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LJS9502_basic

@lostrib said:

Wasn't this locked ?

No the other one was about Sony making the worst.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kingtito

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:

Hi. I never had those issues. Now you know someone who didn't. Actually I didn't know anyone that did have those issues. I did know lots of people that had RRoD.

So are you denying the PS2 & PS3 had issues? You denying how wide spread it was? I don't know you and from what I've seen of your post you're nothing more than a Sony fanboy. Why would I take anything you say seriously? All you do is come into threads and defend Sony and it's fanboys.

Fact - PS2 suffered from wide spread DRE and disc scratching issues.

Fact - PS3 had YOLD and laser issues. Not as big as PS2 DRE or 360 RROD but it was still a big problem for fat PS3s.

Deny it all you want but those are indisputable facts.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic

@kingtito: I'm denying your statement that everyone had issues. Every product is going to have some defects in a percentage. It just depends on the percentage. RRod was an extremely high percentage. To deny that is burying your head in the sand.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kingtito

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kingtito: I'm denying your statement that everyone had issues. Every product is going to have some defects in a percentage. It just depends on the percentage. RRod was an extremely high percentage. To deny that is burying your head in the sand.

How could you deny a statement where I said everyone I know had an issue? That's a fact and no where did I say EVERYONE that owned a PS2 or PS3 had an issue.

The PS2 DRE failure rate was pretty high and in fact Sony got sued for it. It wasn't just a few people and no where did I say it was a higher percentage failure rate than RROD. It wasn't but it was still high and the big difference being.....MS fixed your console for free, Sony didn't.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

How could you deny a statement where I said everyone I know had an issue? That's a fact and no where did I say EVERYONE that owned a PS2 or PS3 had an issue.

The PS2 DRE failure rate was pretty high and in fact Sony got sued for it. It wasn't just a few people and no where did I say it was a higher percentage failure rate than RROD. It wasn't but it was still high and the big difference being.....MS fixed your console for free, Sony didn't.

Yup, many bought three PS2's because of the DRE problem which made it look like it sold to more people than it actually did.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Can we agree that Sony is best gaming hardware maker of all time?

Uhhhhh ....... NO, we can´t agree in that.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#89  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

No because they have been behind for so long its not funny

N64 was more powerful than psone gc more powerful than ps2 as was Xbox and these three plus Dreamcast all support four player split screen OUT of the box

Plus Dreamcast and Xbox had online capabilities before ps2

The wii was the first to innovate with motion controls right

The wiiu is the fist console to not need a TV for the majority of its games (even Wii games now work with off TV play)

I can't think of a single thing Sony brought to the table before anybody else

Except blurays

And the 360 was infact more powerful

Had more memory

PS 3 was the worst system Sony ever put out home console wise

The cell was what killed it

Only Sony knows how to develop on that

The ps4 is better hardware wise but if only theyd just release worthwhile games

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

Playstation have been the best consoles to own arguably every generation they've been a part of. I expect PS4 to do the same in the end.

I agree with this statement...but that isn't the question. There are SEVERAL pieces of hardware that were better than what Sony had to offer in most gens.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic

@SecretPolice said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yup, many bought three PS2's because of the DRE problem which made it look like it sold to more people than it actually did.

Link?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@nyadc: It does when the failure rate of the 360 was something like 54%.

I went through 2 or 3 360's. I've had the same PS3 for years now.

The orginal Xbox was great....but the PS2 was not bad hardware wise. Was it less powerful? Yes. But this current gen is the first gen where the more powerful console leads in sales.

So at the time....it wasn't a big deal.

And before these consoles released it wasn't even that the PS4 was however much more powerful that the X1 that made it sell more.

The PS4 is smaller and more appealing aesthetically than the huge X1.....and is still more powerful (by whatever amount....lots or little) and doesn't have a high failure rate.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

The PS1 was bested by the N64, the PS2 was bested by the xbox, the PS3 was bested by the 360. the PS4 is the first time sony had the best hardware. they have had the best 25% of their consoles, MS has had the best 66% of their consoles. NES, SNES were tied, N64 had the best, gamecube lost to xbox, wii lost to the PS3 and 360, the wii u lost to the X1 and PS4 so for nintendo (including ties) 50% best or even. Technically speaking sony has had the worst overall

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#94 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Based on my experiences with Nintendo, Sony PS1 and PS2, XBox 360 and XOne, I would disagree. Xbox had the RROD, and PS1 models often had faulty disc drives, I remember buying the PS1 twice because of this. So Nintendo wins for me, the only issue I ever had was with the original NES, you had to sometimes blow air inside the cartridge for it to work, but it would usually work after a few tries.

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#95 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

In terms of sheer hardware power, Sony does pretty well, but as far as innovation and features go, there's no topping Nintendo.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

If hardware manufacturing quality is a game of football, Nintendo and Sega are in the stadium playing against one another and Microsoft and Sony are out in the parking lot arguing over which one of them is better.

I have witnessed a Gamecube tumble down a flight of 15 stairs and not only survive, but function as normal without any problems.

Um Sega wouldn't eve be in the stadium they would be kicked out of the league and banished because they haven't been relevant in about 15 years.

Nintendo as reliable as there hardware is its only because its about 5 years behind the competition the past two generations.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kingtito

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@nyadc: It does when the failure rate of the 360 was something like 54%.

I went through 2 or 3 360's. I've had the same PS3 for years now.

The orginal Xbox was great....but the PS2 was not bad hardware wise. Was it less powerful? Yes. But this current gen is the first gen where the more powerful console leads in sales.

So at the time....it wasn't a big deal.

And before these consoles released it wasn't even that the PS4 was however much more powerful that the X1 that made it sell more.

The PS4 is smaller and more appealing aesthetically than the huge X1.....and is still more powerful (by whatever amount....lots or little) and doesn't have a high failure rate.

I went had 3 360's but I also had a couple PS3 replaced due to failures. You know the difference? I didn't have to pay MS to repair my 360s. Did Sony replace mine for free? Nope and they never had on any console. HUGGGEEEEEE difference

Yes it was bad. A large chunk of PS2 failed at some point due to disc scratching and DRE issues. A LARGE chunk.

No that would be YOUR opinion. The PS4 MIGHT look better to some while the X1 MIGHT look better to others. You should avoid making blanket statements like that when it comes to something as subjective as console looks.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@kingtito: Oh shut the **** up with your "THATS YOUR OPINION" bullshit.

It's all a matter of opinion b/c we've all had different experiences.

The only thing that isn't opinion is that the failure rate of the 360 was fucking atrocious. That alone makes them not even close to the best or good hardware manufacturer.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kingtito

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@kingtito: Oh shut the **** up with your "THATS YOUR OPINION" bullshit.

It's all a matter of opinion b/c we've all had different experiences.

The only thing that isn't opinion is that the failure rate of the 360 was fucking atrocious. That alone makes them not even close to the best or good hardware manufacturer.

Lol you mad???? Hahahaha yeah you mad hahahaha

It's a matter of opinion when it comes to looks but its not a matter of opinion when it comes to faulty hardware. Early 360s had RROD, PS2s had DRE/Disc scratching and fat PS3s had laser/YOLD issues. 360 and PS2s failure rate was pretty high. Those are facts not opinions.

The failure rate of PS2s AND PS3s alone makes Sony not even close to the best hardware maker. 2 out of 3 MS consoles have been rock solid.

Go back to being mad hahahaha

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#100 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I make the best gaming hardware IMO.

With the help of Nvidia, Intel, ASUS, Corsair, NXZT, and EVGA of course.