Can this theatre run Crysis?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

We are all familiar with the phrase, ' Can this PC run Crysis?'. Now it seems, we are are soon to see, 'Can this theatre run Crysis?'

Full Story:

Creative director Jean-Colas Prunier brings VFX experience from Avatar, The Lord of the Rings and Guardians of the Galaxy

Crytek is starting a new independent company to push a new technology created for virtual reality filmmakers.

The development of Film Engine - which is the name of both the technology and the company - started in 2008 with a prototype called Cinebox. According to Crytek, Cinebox was, "evaluated by more than 300 production companies and used on feature films such as Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Maze Runner."

The positive feedback gathered from that process instigated the development of Film Engine, which uses Crytek's CryEngine as a foundation, but is optimised specifically for film industry workflows. Film Engine's creative director, Jean-Colas Prunier, joined the company in 2014, following visual effects work on Avatar, The Lord of the Rings, Guardians of the Galaxy and Life of Pi.

"We realised that by combining our visions we could create something that was greater than the sum of its parts," Prunier said in a statement, describing his early meetings with Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli. "By addressing the needs of filmmakers with the technology of the games industry, we were able to create an entirely new cinematic production tool that will completely change the way the industry works."

Film Engine is described as, "real-time cinematic production software," that can be used at every stage of the film production pipeline, with an emphasis on efficiency. "Tasks that once took hours or days can be done in real-time in Film Engine," Crytek said, "and creators are left with more of the most valuable resource of all: the time to focus on visionary storytelling."

Source

Seems like I was right that Crytek will spin a separate division or company to take care of their Film Engine and they will continue to pursue game development. Staggering to see such progress in real time rendering tech. It makes cows look all the more ridiculous that compare there 900pStation tech and dynamic animation to something used in actual feature films.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

HA! That's awesome,

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

Well they can't make good games anymore so this should be good for them.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Nice SW relevent tie in at end there

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56553 Posts

The joke used to be: Will it run Crysis?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zeeshanhaider

@GarGx1 said:

Nice SW relevent tie in at end there

Thank you! But no seriously, cows were talking shit about the Ryse cutscenes and Crysis 3 made in cinebox and calling its tech crap while hyping Sony studios tech and animation while there was video showing how the scenes are being made and edited in realtime. Egg on their faces for calling something good enough to use in feature films for bad tech and animation.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

It makes cows look all the more ridiculous that compare there 900pStation tech and dynamic animation to something used in actual feature films.

So do you have a list of all these 900p games on PS4?

Nu-flaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nu-flaver
Member since 2016 • 28 Posts

Wow your second Crysis thread today to bait your hate against the PS4

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

It makes cows look all the more ridiculous that compare there 900pStation tech and dynamic animation to something used in actual feature films.

How many times you cows want me to go over with?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zeeshanhaider

@nu-flaver said:

Wow your second Crysis thread today to bait your hate against the PS4

Now who's alt are you, I wonder!

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Go over what? That 98% of PS4 games are above 900p?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Yup and the larger percentage of that are remasters but any game that actually tries to push the envelope is 900p or either with missing shadows, low framerate, crappy draw distance etc etc. Further cementing the fact is the exclusive First Party games, so cows can't even call Third Party devs lazy.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Notice how they have to retool the engine to work with movies? About that..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Not to mention PS4 multi plats have garnered the perfect 10/10 score this gen,

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zeeshanhaider

@Shewgenja said:

Did you miss the part where I said Ryse cutscenes and Crysis 3 cinematics were made inside the same cinebox prototype?

Video

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Shewgenja said:

Did you miss the part where I said Ryse cutscenes and Crysis 3 cinematics were made inside the same cinebox prototype?

Video

Did anyone ever say anything about the graphics in the cutscenes? Just curious.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Yup and the larger percentage of that are remasters but any game that actually tries to push the envelope is 900p or either with missing shadows, low framerate, crappy draw distance etc etc. Further cementing the fact is the exclusive First Party games, so cows can't even call Third Party devs lazy.

Do you have a source for that?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zeeshanhaider

@Shewgenja said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Shewgenja said:

Video

Did anyone ever say anything about the graphics in the cutscenes? Just curious.

Yes, your usual suspects m3dude/gpuking/AM-Gamer etc. all called it having crappy animations, not realistic and laughable compared to Sony exclusives.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:

What source? Is it hard to see how the 1080p games have to cut corners to fit. Take I:SS for the lack of dynamic shadows, poorer than poor draw distance, barren world. Order 800p -> baked lighting, missing shadows in many situations, crappy IQ. Witcher 3 runs at 19 FPS. Same goes for Until Dawn. The larger percentages of games that are 1080p are remasters on top of that.

Your list of 900p games: Crapzone: Shadow Fail runs at subHD, Watch_Dogs, AC:U, BF4, BF:H, Order 800p, UC4, Fight Night Champions, SW:BF off the top of my head.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

What source? Is it hard to see how the 1080p games have to cut corners to fit. Take I:SS for the lack of dynamic shadows, poorer than poor draw distance, barren world. Order 800p -> baked lighting, missing shadows in many situations, crappy IQ. Witcher 3 runs at 19 FPS. Same goes for Until Dawn. The larger percentages of games that are 1080p are remasters on top of that.

Your list of 900p games: Crapzone: Shadow Fail runs at subHD, Watch_Dogs, AC:U, BF4, BF:H, Order 800p, UC4, Fight Night Champions, SW:BF off the top of my head.

A source for your claims, obviously. Especially one that the Witcher 3 and Until Dawn run at 19FPS the whole time.

Killzone runs at 1080p in SP, Watch_Dogs is a terribly optimized game on every platform, AC:U, really? Didn't you say "so cows can't even call Third Party devs lazy."? Kinda funny how you keep mentioning these games then. The Battlefield games do run at 900p on PS4, true. Then we have The Order, you're not good at math, are you? 1920x800 (1536000pixels) is a higher resolution than 1600x900 (1440000 pixels). Uncharted 4 runs at 1080p in SP.

So practically you've shown that a handful games run at 900p/60fps in MP, while Ubisoft games run like crap on every platform.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

A source for your claims, obviously. Especially one that the Witcher 3 and Until Dawn run at 19FPS the whole time.

Killzone runs at 1080p in SP, Watch_Dogs is a terribly optimized game on every platform, AC:U, really? Didn't you say "so cows can't even call Third Party devs lazy."? Kinda funny how you keep mentioning these games then. The Battlefield games do run at 900p on PS4, true. Then we have The Order, you're not good at math, are you? 1920x800 (1536000pixels) is a higher resolution than 1600x900 (1440000 pixels). Uncharted 4 runs at 1080p in SP.

So practically you've shown that a handful games run at 900p/60fps in MP, while Ubisoft games run like crap on every platform.

I don't think he is a particularly thoughtful poster, it's not even GOOD trolling, just stupid. What he could do is stop spouting the same tired (and thoroughly incorrect) material and get something new - it isn't too hard to find. His 900p list is incorrect and contains a massive 9 games (which at least a third are laughable). I wonder what makes him so butthurt about the PS4?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:

Oh my bad for calling Out of Order 800p a 900p game even though it runs a mere 6.7% more resolution than traditional 900p.

Funny how suddenly only SP counts and not MP. But then cows conveniently goes and forgets the scale of games in other cases like AC:U or Witcher or how their 1080p SP is linear onrails games or don't even have simple things that games had decades back like dynamic shadows. Oh and I haven't yet start talking about the downgrades your precious title suffers. lol 900pStation is so pathetic it couldn't even run Metro 2033 without it being nerfed.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zeeshanhaider

@bloodlust_101 said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

I don't think he is a particularly thoughtful poster, it's not even GOOD trolling, just stupid. What he could do is stop spouting the same tired (and thoroughly incorrect) material and get something new - it isn't too hard to find. His 900p list is incorrect and contains a massive 9 games (which at least a third are laughable). I wonder what makes him so butthurt about the PS4?

Not my fault the cheap ass tablet CPU and GPU that barely matches a 570 from 2010 comprises a 900pStation couldn't even stack up to Crysis 2 from 2011 as per DF. Shame how you cows hyped it to be a Crysis 3 killer and powerful than 99.76736767676% of PC's out there lost to a 2011 game.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:

Funny how suddenly only SP counts and not MP.

You called those games 900p games, funny how suddenly only MP counts and not SP. Now let's look at the PC stats. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

1024 x 768 1.92%+0.02%

1152 x 864 0.20%+0.20%

1280 x 720 1.40%+0.02%

1280 x 768 0.39%+0.01%

1280 x 800 1.92%+0.10%

1280 x 960 0.23%+0.01%

1280 x 1024 4.72%-0.03%

1360 x 768 2.98%+0.09%

1366 x 768 25.82%-0.19%

1440 x 900 4.95%+0.15%

1536 x 864 3.14%+0.04%

1600 x 900 6.63%-0.14%

Ouch, seems like around 45% of users who took the hardware survey are running resolutions at 900p or lower. Heck, almost 26% run 768p alone, lmao.

I'd wager that percentage is an immensely bigger number than those 6 900p games on PS4.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:

You called those games 900p games, funny how suddenly only MP counts and not SP. Now let's look at the PC stats. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

1024 x 768 1.92%+0.02%

1152 x 864 0.20%+0.20%

1280 x 720 1.40%+0.02%

1280 x 768 0.39%+0.01%

1280 x 800 1.92%+0.10%

1280 x 960 0.23%+0.01%

1280 x 1024 4.72%-0.03%

1360 x 768 2.98%+0.09%

1366 x 768 25.82%-0.19%

1440 x 900 4.95%+0.15%

1536 x 864 3.14%+0.04%

1600 x 900 6.63%-0.14%

Ouch, seems like around 45% of users who took the hardware survey are running resolutions at 900p or lower. Heck, almost 26% run 768p alone, lmao.

I'd wager that percentage is an immensely bigger number than those 6 900p games on PS4.

Hi El-Tomato.

Glad to see that you finally accepted the pathetic state of 900pStation and its shitty first party for making crappy 900p and subHD games.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

1024 x 768 1.92%+0.02%

1152 x 864 0.20%+0.20%

1280 x 720 1.40%+0.02%

1280 x 768 0.39%+0.01%

1280 x 800 1.92%+0.10%

1280 x 960 0.23%+0.01%

1280 x 1024 4.72%-0.03%

1360 x 768 2.98%+0.09%

1366 x 768 25.82%-0.19%

1440 x 900 4.95%+0.15%

1536 x 864 3.14%+0.04%

1600 x 900 6.63%-0.14%

Hi El-Tomato.

Glad to see that you finally accepted the pathetic state of 900pStation and its shitty first party for making crappy 900p and subHD games.

You're accusing me of being an alt because I rekt you? Don't even deny that I rekt you, if I you weren't rekt then you would've responded to my argument, instead you admitted defeat by ignoring it and responding with troll bait.

Seems like I'm done here. :)

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Hi El-Tomato.

You're accusing me of being an alt because I rekt you? Don't even deny that I rekt you, if I you weren't rekt then you would've responded to my argument, instead you admitted defeat by ignoring it and responding with troll bait.

You rekt me by showing that there are millions more PC gamers than console gamers and majority of them lays them with settings higher than the pathetic 900pStation and that all the PC gamers have choice whether to upgrdae or not whether to play in higher resolution or framerate or not unlike all the cows that are stuck with subHD Crapzone: Shadow Fail for eternity and so much that their biggest game is 900p in 2016. So much for a console that was touted by cows and Sony to be powerful than 99.767666756756756757% of PCs and going to be a Crysis 3 killer at launch. What happened to teh console optimizationzzzzzzzzz?

Remain jelly, that a cheap ass tablet CPU and GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010 can only do so much and couldn't even stack up to Crysis 2 technically - a game from 2011, pathetic.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Hi El-Tomato.

You rekt meby showing that there are millions more PC gamers than console gamers and majority of them lays them with settings higher than the pathetic 900pStation and that all the PC gamers have choice whether to upgrdae or not whether to play in higher resolution or framerate or not unlike all the cows that are stuck with subHD Crapzone: Shadow Fail for eternity and so much that their biggest game is 900p in 2016. So much for a console that was touted by cows and Sony to be powerful than 99.767666756756756757% of PCs and going to be a Crysis 3 killer at launch. What happened to teh console optimizationzzzzzzzzz?

Remain jelly, that a cheap ass tablet CPU and GPU barely matching a 570 from 2010 can only do so much and couldn't even stack up to Crysis 2 technically - a game from 2011, pathetic.

Too bad 45% of Steam users who did the survey use screen resolutions at 900p and lower. Damn, all that power and 25% of them are even dangerously close to sub-HD resolutions. Also as you claimed there are so many more PC users than PS4 users, that most lilely means there are more people who play at 900p and lower on PC than there are PS4 users total, OUCH.

Also PS4 has multiple big games in 2016, they're all 1080p too. Oh right, I forgot, only MP counts and we all know that everyone buys UC4 for the MP, right?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Hi El-Tomato.

You rekt meby showing that there are millions more PC gamers than console gamers and majority of them lays them with settings higher than the pathetic 900pStation and that all the PC gamers have choice whether to upgrdae or not whether to play in higher resolution or framerate or not unlike all the cows that are stuck with subHD Crapzone: Shadow Fail for eternity and so much that their biggest game is 900p in 2016. So much for a console that was touted by cows and Sony to be powerful than 99.767666756756756757% of PCs and going to be a Crysis 3 killer at launch. What happened to teh console optimizationzzzzzzzzz?

Too bad 45% of Steam users who did the survey use screen resolutions at 900p and lower. Damn, all that power and 25% of them are even dangerously close to sub-HD resolutions. Also as you claimed there are so many more PC users than PS4 users, that most lilely means there are more people who play at 900p and lower on PC than there are PS4 users total, OUCH.

Also PS4 has multiple big games in 2016, they're all 1080p too. Oh right, I forgot, only MP counts and we all know that everyone buys UC4 for the MP, right?

Ouch that 900p UC4 game after years hyping by Naughty Duds to be 1080p/60 and cows had the guts to call CDPR and DICE lazy, lel,

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shawty_Beatz

@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Hi El-Tomato.

Ouch that 900p UC4 game after years hyping by Naughty Duds to be 1080p/60 and cows had the guts to call CDPR and DICE lazy, lel,

Well that's still higher than what 45% of those survey users on Steam can say, lel.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zeeshanhaider

@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@shawty_beatz said:

Well that's still higher than what 45% of those survey users on Steam can say, lel.

While 100% of 900pStation users are still waiting for a game that can technically surpass 2010 era PC games and are stuck with subHD First party product, no escaping that. lel

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bloodlust_101

@zeeshanhaider said:
@bloodlust_101 said:

Not my fault the cheap ass tablet CPU and GPU that barely matches a 570 from 2010 comprises a 900pStation couldn't even stack up to Crysis 2 from 2011 as per DF. Shame how you cows hyped it to be a Crysis 3 killer and powerful than 99.76736767676% of PC's out there lost to a 2011 game.

You are the type of person who argues with fingers in ears screaming 'lalalalalalala' over other people aren't you?

Get a proper argument against the PS4, your current one makes you look as pathetic as 'notafanboy'.

PS. I have been playing a massive 1 game on PS4 this gen, Bloodborn, otherwise I only play on my PC.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 zeeshanhaider

@bloodlust_101 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bloodlust_101 said:

You are the type of person who argues with fingers in ears screaming 'lalalalalalala' over other people aren't you?

Get a proper argument against the PS4, your current one makes you look as pathetic as 'notafanboy'.

PS. I have been playing a massive 1 game on PS4 this gen, Bloodborn, otherwise I only play on my PC.

This is a very proper argument that cows who hyped PS4 and Crapzone: Shadow Fail to the high heavens in 2013 still can't negate. As a matter of fact there are cows that still hype everything Sony First Party and outright humiliates other devs, serves them right.

P.S. If you are not that cow, I have no beef against you.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bloodlust_101

@zeeshanhaider said:
@bloodlust_101 said:

This is a very proper argument that cows who hyped PS4 and Crapzone: Shadow Fail to the high heavens in 2013 still can't negate. As a matter of fact there are cows that still hype everything Sony First Party and outright humiliates other devs, serves them right.

Shadowfall had great and clean graphics for the hardware it runs on, even digital foundry couldn't detect the tricks GG employed for those graphics until the developers themselves went public teaching those tricks. If I remember correctly, it was 1080i for the effects in multiplayer, which despite what your posts show - is NOT even remotely 900p. Sony has a great set of first party developers, second only to Nintendo, most other publishing/developing companies just don't match either of them.

You have beef with others specifically because of their console of choice? Grow up. Stop being the 'hermit notafanboy'.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zeeshanhaider

@bloodlust_101 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@bloodlust_101 said:

Shadowfall had great and clean graphics for the hardware it runs on, even digital foundry couldn't detect the tricks GG employed for those graphics until the developers themselves went public teaching those tricks. If I remember correctly, it was 1080i for the effects in multiplayer, which despite what your posts show - is NOT even remotely 900p. Sony has a great set of first party developers, second only to Nintendo, most other publishing/developing companies just don't match either of them.

You have beef with others specifically because of their console of choice? Grow up. Stop being the 'hermit notafanboy'.

Wrong. It was DF that first caught them prompting GG to go public with trick and explaining all the fiasco. And no it isn't 1080i, as a matter of fact it's not even HD according to any set standards of HD video format. For 1080i you should have 1920 pixels x 1080 interlaced lines to sync it with the refresh cycle. KZ:SF.

And no, I don't have a beef with cows because of their system of choice. I never go after PS users like Heil (despite him posing as a cow) or PAL360 or any other user that simply play games on PS. I specifically go after cows because of their hypocrisy to worship anything Sony and find excuses to praise and hype them while outrightedly rejects and disrespect other third party developers and by not judging them by the same standards as their precious Sony devs. A classic example is the downgrade committed by Sony First Party and Sony drone refuses to acknowledge it by saying the frame of animation is different implying animation reduces/increases polycount, and also because of their utter hypocrisy toward PC's superiorty of graphics but then went on to praise the power of PS4 over Xbone. I just rub their hypocrisy back their faces.