Can The PauperStation Brand Carry On Without Sony?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

Engineers Are Leaving In Droves

That time of month............

From the article.

Yasunori Tateishi, who has written books on Sony's fall from grace, fears that eventually Sony will be reduced to its entertainment business such as music, movies and perhaps games.

The biggest problem is that Sony President Kazuo Hirai has been selling pieces of the company, instead of investing in the future as did his predecessors, including founder Akio Morita, he said.

Hirai has repeatedly said Sony's smartphones, tablets and imaging technology are still scoring success, and its engineers are working hard to come up with dazzling products. He is promising a turnaround through his reforms.

That hasn't stopped him from being peppered with questions from investors who have heard engineers are quitting in droves, endangering Sony's ability to come up with innovation. Hirai has not directly addressed such questions.

Since Kaz is not investing in the company how can Sony come up with in house AAA titles? So far we have seen lots of indie games on the docket but not a lot of big budget games, especially in 2014.

#2 Edited by super600 (29848 posts) -

I don't know why you like to call the playstation brand the pauperstation brand tc.? And give me a couple of minutes to read that article to see if it is SW material.Also the article really has nothing to do with SW so this thread will be locked.That guy is talking about all of the weaker divisions in sony and not the playstation division.Also you really need to stop with the sony is doomed threads.

#3 Posted by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

@super600: How can it not be SW material? It is an article about the Playstation? The reason I call it PauperStation is because the company is broke.

#4 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3624 posts) -

lock

#5 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Lock.

#6 Posted by kuu2 (6769 posts) -

@super600: How can it not be SW material? It is an article about the Playstation? The reason I call it PauperStation is because the company is broke.

lock

scared