Can't track PS4 Shipped from Target via UPS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10294 posts) -

According to my online-accessable account with Target, my PS4 was shipped today (which is surprising, because it was originally scheduled to be shipped tomorrow - 11/15/13). However, the tracking number does not work; when I enter it into the search bar at UPS.com, I see a message saying that UPS can't locate the shipment details for my request. F*ck!

I'm on my way home, and will contact Target when I arrive.

EDIT:

The tracking information has finally been updated. The package is currently in Missouri and is to be delivered to me in New York City. Can't wait.

#2 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23172 posts) -

the information is being handled by playstation network.

#3 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Watch out for ebay account "TheUPSGuy88" selling a ton of PS4s tomorrow.

#4 Posted by R3FURBISHED (9443 posts) -

no offense dude, but why the fuck should we care?

#5 Edited by Couth_ (9678 posts) -

So we using System Wars as our diaries now? Pls take offense, no one cares

#6 Edited by I_can_haz (5683 posts) -

Damn, that sucks. Call those suckas and have them tell you where your PS4 is! Best of luck brah.

#7 Posted by Chutebox (35679 posts) -

According to my online-accessable account with Target, my PS4 was shipped today (which is surprising, because it was originally scheduled to be shipped tomorrow - 11/15/13). However, the tracking number does not work; when I enter it into the search bar at UPS.com, I see a message saying that UPS has no record of a shipment with the tracking number. F*ck!

I'm on my way home, and will contact Target when I arrive.

It may just mean they didn't pick it up yet. Target, like Amazon, will create a tag informing UPS to come pick up the box. If UPS didn't pick the box up yet it'll have that happen to ya.

But, and this happened with Zelda a month or so ago with me, after it's picked up and shipped and it says that, good chance they lost it.

#8 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

It probably means that your PS4 is boxed up in the warehouse, 100% ready to go.

Once the carrier comes to collect it from their warehouse, they will scan it onto their truck which will make it trackable.

They can give you the courier tracking number because they have generated one, you can't track this number because the carrier hasn't scanned it themselves yet.

I see this pretty often.

#9 Edited by Chutebox (35679 posts) -

Once the carrier comes to collect it from their warehouse, they will scan it onto their truck which will make it trackable.

They can give you the courier tracking number because they have generated one, you can't track this number because the carrier hasn't scanned it themselves yet.

I see this pretty often.

You sir, were beat!

#11 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10294 posts) -

I see this pretty often.

So, even though my Target account says it was shipped, it hasn't actually been shipped?

#12 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -
@Chutebox said:

@psymon100 said:

I see this pretty often.

You sir, were beat!

By you? Well what a titanic opponent. Did I ever have a chance?

The key thing is we have the same answer for BRHD. Both arriving at the same conclusion? Probably a sound one.

#13 Posted by Basinboy (10665 posts) -

If you have a tracking number, the package has left Target but has not yet reached UPS. Once it enters their system, you will begin to be able to track it and receive status updates.

#14 Posted by Chutebox (35679 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@psymon100 said:

I see this pretty often.

You sir, were beat!

By you? Well what a titanic opponent. Did I ever have a chance?

The key thing is we have the same answer for BRHD. Both arriving at the same conclusion? Probably a sound one.

Yep. No doubt not picked up yet.

#15 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

I see this pretty often.

So, even though my Target account says it was shipped, it hasn't actually been shipped?

Correct.

From the perspective of Target - it's shipped. It's been taken out the inventory system, they invoiced you, they put it in a box and most importantly - they generated a courier ticket number, and assigned that number to your account. Target feel they've done their job of 'shipping', because the rest is up to the carrier.

Next up, a lag phase of a few hours where the package is sitting by Target's despatch area, waiting to go. However, the carrier hasn't collected the package.

Finally, a truck comes, and someone scans the package onto the truck. At that point, UPS, DHL or whoever scan that ticket number into their system, and from then on you can track it.

I hope this all makes sense.

#16 Posted by djexertive (150 posts) -

It probably broke on the way and target doesn't know yet

#17 Edited by lamprey263 (21018 posts) -

hope all works out for you, nothing sucks like waiting for shipping delays when you want something on time

#18 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10294 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

@psymon100 said:

I see this pretty often.

Correct.

From the perspective of Target - it's shipped. It's been taken out the inventory system, they invoiced you, they put it in a box and most importantly - they generated a courier ticket number, and assigned that number to your account. Target feel they've done their job of 'shipping', because the rest is up to the carrier.

Next up, a lag phase of a few hours where the package is sitting by Target's despatch area, waiting to go. However, the carrier hasn't collected the package.

Finally, a truck comes, and someone scans the package onto the truck. At that point, UPS, DHL or whoever scan that ticket number into their system, and from then on you can track it.

I hope this all makes sense.

I understand. Thanks.

#19 Posted by millerlight89 (18330 posts) -

Typical blurayhidef. Pitiful, absolutely pitiful.

#20 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10294 posts) -

The tracking information has finally been updated. The package is currently in Missouri and is to be delivered to me in New York City. Can't wait.

#21 Edited by General_Solo76 (52 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef: Glad you got that cleared up. Happy gaming :)

#22 Posted by KHAndAnime (12714 posts) -

Amazon just screwed the pootch on my game order. I order the games early Tuesday morning with 2-Day shipping and it's not coming until Friday. I could even clearly see that UPS hadn't received the order until today, and contacted Amazon's chat support about it. They assured me it was their tracking system lagging and it was going to arrive on time. So much for that.

#23 Posted by AdobeArtist (22386 posts) -

This is something for your blog. Or you could post in John Matherson's hype thread.