Can't decide which console should be my secondary console?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

So currently the Wii U is my main console for the 8th gen (yeah you heard me right, get over it) anyway at this current point in time there are only 2 games coming out the entire year that I'm interested in that are not coming to the Wii U. Which are Destiny and Batman Arkham Knight. So I though I would ask to see if anyone can help me reach a conclusion.

So 1st of all I'm Canadian, so the PS4 went up to $450 here in Canada. Now as for the Xbox One, I never had any interest in getting one, now with the stupid Kinect being gone with the $400 Kincetless Xbox One that saves my $50. However since its $60 for a year of XBL and only $50 for a year on PS4 that means going the Xbox One route saves me a whopping $40 lol.

Both PS4 and Xbox One games have went up to $70 here in Canada, which is BS, but it is what it is, now I think I'll like the Xbox One controller better, (Never liked the PS controller), hell I have never bought a Sony product in my life. I have a 360 so I am familiar with it. Only issue I have with the Xbox One controller is that it still uses AA batteries. So If I buy one of the consoles and get just those 2 games I have an interest in then I still only save $40 if I went with the Xbox One, that being said they PS4 versions of games will be better, thats just fact. So is spending the extra $40 worth in it then end lol?

Also I could get Batman on PC since I am a bit of a PC gamer, its not my preferred choice but meh I don't mind it lol. However that leaves Destiny. Would have been nice if both were on Wii U also but we don't need to get into that. Also the Xbox One is a HUGE energy sucker, so that also makes me think go with the PS4...

So what do you all think? Any advice would be nice.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Ps4 all the way, as you said multiplats will be better

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I don't care that your title says console, build a PC. If you already have a good one get a PS4 or just save your money.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Of_Fools

@inb4uall: I have a PC, Destiny is not on PC, therefore that is not a valid bit of advice lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

get whichever one your friends are most likely to have so you can game online with them

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Master_Of_Fools

@lamprey263 Well one of my main online friends went from Xbox 360 (where I met him) to PS4, 2 of my other MAIN friends online I always played with went with Xbox One although all 4 of us have Wii U's anyway lol. As for my real life friends, honestly, almost none of them are into gaming anymore.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@lamprey263 Well one of my main online friends went from Xbox 360 (where I met him) to PS4, 2 of my other MAIN friends online I always played with went with Xbox One although all 4 of us have Wii U's anyway lol. As for my real life friends, honestly, almost none of them are into gaming anymore.

well, if two people you game with are already on X1 then I'd go with that then if you game with them a lot

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Buy another Wii U.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@lamprey263: @lamprey263 Well one of my main online friends went from Xbox 360 (where I met him) to PS4, 2 of my other MAIN friends online I always played with went with Xbox One although all 4 of us have Wii U's anyway lol. As for my real life friends, honestly, almost none of them are into gaming anymore.

You would think, but one of the guys usually just AKF's, he will sign on, join party chat, talk for a few minutes say brb, then hours go by and he never comes back lol. And even when we play together (Halo in the past) he always AFK'ed and I had to do all the work on my own and help him get achievements and such, I didn't mind but meh. and the other friend he doesn't game much, he will be finishing school next week, so he will play a bit then get a job. So really its 1 on each system lol.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@inb4uall: lol what?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

XOne. Superior controller. Superior OS, and still constantly improving with monthly updates. Theres a bit of a difference in multiplats now but that will disappear over time. Plus it actually has an exclusive lineup of games on the way, unlike the PS4.

If you like indies, get the PS4.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Master_Of_Fools

@RR360DD: I do like Indie's thats something the Wii U has alot of. And I STRONGLY disagree with you on the XBOX ONE's OS. Seriously its a nightmare, after working on the damn thing for just 3 short weeks I said nope, and never will go back to that nightmare. Not to mention the XO, has 3 OS, which is just completely useless for a console.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@inb4uall said:

I don't care that your title says console, build a PC. If you already have a good one get a PS4 or just save your money.

See, I think if you're wanting it all and for the least coin, you grab the console now. Prices on PC hardware are going to drop faster than consoles.

Of course then I remember XB1 already has dropped $100.... Hmm.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@RR360DD: I do like Indie's thats something the Wii U has alot of. And I STRONGLY disagree with you on the XBOX ONE's OS. Seriously its a nightmare, after working on the damn thing for just 3 short weeks I said nope, and never will go back to that nightmare. Not to mention the XO, has 3 OS, which is just completely useless for a console.

lol dat backfire.

Anyways OP seems like you already have set your mind on a PS4.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Master_Of_Fools

@Sollet: lol sorry, I just don't even want to get into the XO's OS lol.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RR360DD

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Has 3 OS? Completely irrelevant. Doesn't effect the end user, therefore doesn't matter.

I find it very very hard to believe you'd chose the PS4 OS over the XOne OS. And the XOne OS having more functionality is fact, not opinion. Whatever floats your boat.

Seems you have your heart set on the PS4, so why you made this thread I don't know.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Master_Of_Fools

@RR360DD: I wasn't talking about as an End User. I was talking as an Indie Developer working on the thing was a nightmare. And I dont want a PS4, if I did I would get one and wouldn't have made up this post lol.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@RR360DD: I'd take the ps4s os over the x1 any day. In fact is take the 360s OS over x1. It seems like it took a major step backwards.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Wii U and PS4 make a great console combo.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5860 Posts

Suspect secret troll post. If you feel that negative against Xbox One buy a PS4.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

PC PS4 with a Wii U is the best combo

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Master_Of_Fools

@blamix: Thats what I was thinking.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

PS4 at the rate sales are going which you mean your buddies will likely get one too play with.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46203 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@inb4uall: I have a PC, Destiny is not on PC, therefore that is not a valid bit of advice lol.

Might come to PC. If that is the only game you want a console for than I suggest you wait.

Because that is a lot of money to pay for one game.

Unless of course your friends are going to play Destiny on PS4 or Xbone, than get that one.

Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Master_Of_Fools

@R4gn4r0k: My 1 friend is getting it on PS4, so if I get the XO then I would be ditching him lol...and thats not a nice thing to do.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#26 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools: if you have a pc (everyone's got a pc, having a pc capable of playing latest games is another story)if you have a pc save your money and buy more games or spend it on something else.

It's hardly worth spending the money in the x1 or ps4 if you already have a capable pc.

Most worth while games are multiplats so you'll be paying £400 plus for a handful of exclusives in future.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46203 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

@R4gn4r0k: My 1 friend is getting it on PS4, so if I get the XO then I would be ditching him lol...and thats not a nice thing to do.

Seems like that is the way to go: get a PS4+Destiny

Like someone else said: PC+WiiU+PS4 is an awesome combo. It's what I'll be going for this gen, but it's a bit too early for me to buy a PS4 yet.

I hope Destiny makes it to PC though, Bungie has shown interest.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Xbox One

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

So currently the Wii U is my main console for the 8th gen

Unexpected... and in a way unbelievable. I haven't considered a Nintendo console my primary since the SNES, maybe N64 and I freaking love Nintendo.

Anyways I'm currently PS4 + WiiU on the console front and it'll probably stay that way for a while.

The way I see it, PS4 and X1 are very similar consoles and they'll largely share the same library when all is said and done. Might as well get the one that'll have the better multiplats + Sony has the better 1st party. And while I'm not a PS+ member, it seems pretty obvious that you get more value out of it than a Live subscription.

Of course, all that said, just get the one with the exclusives that interest you the most.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@RR360DD said:

XOne. Superior controller. Superior OS, and still constantly improving with monthly updates. Theres a bit of a difference in multiplats now but that will disappear over time. Plus it actually has an exclusive lineup of games on the way, unlike the PS4.

It's cute that you actually believe the xbone has a better controller.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Sweenix said:

@RR360DD said:

He also stays up watching for Santa in the sky every Christmas Eve.

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

Wii U + PS4

This is the best console combo you could ask for at the moment. XBone is a joke compared to the PS4 you will be better served long term with picking Sony.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Fun fact of the day.

Did you know that the Xbox One is Beta tested in the future?

Gesyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gesyma
Member since 2003 • 1082 Posts

I've got all three, I'd suggest WiiU and PS4... all multiplat games will run better for the entirety of the generation...

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

if you dont have a preference for games on either console , i would totally go with the ps4.

more powerful console. cheaper online service . more indie games. if you decide to get a ps3, psn + would be a great to nab those rentals. improved controller (i think xb1 is better all in all though)

oh and buy your psn + during holiday. i got 1 year for $30 so just buy a whole bunch of those and you are set for the gen

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

dont bother with ps4 or x1 they both are way to expensive. 50 bucks a year for online is 250 bucks plus tax for 5 years of service. Also 70 bucks for a game is a huge rip off! Get a gaming pc it will cost a bit more in terms of hardware but you will save huge on software. both so called next gen consoles can hardly hit 1080p in 2014 thats just sad.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#39  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

PC is what I use when something doesn't come to Wii U. The PC/Nintendo combo has been working really well for me since 2007. I recommend that route. The PS4 wouldn't be a bad choice. I have an aversion to Xbox products since I had so many defective 360s, so I can't comment on Xbox One.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@osirisx3 said:

dont bother with ps4 or x1 they both are way to expensive. 50 bucks a year for online is 250 bucks plus tax for 5 years of service. Also 70 bucks for a game is a huge rip off! Get a gaming pc it will cost a bit more in terms of hardware but you will save huge on software. both so called next gen consoles can hardly hit 1080p in 2014 thats just sad.

everyone sells this at a discount during black friday for $30

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Ps4 all the way, as you said multiplats will be better

Yup.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Wait after E3 to make your decision. See were Sony and M$ are headed in the next year. Best advice i can give.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

If you want the best console experience I will recommend the PS4.

• Superior Hardware
  • Superior online service(ps+)
  • Superior controller, improved over the DS3(the perfect controller), with great triggers, and tight analog sticks
  • Superior first party line up, when you have the best, and most imaginative developers, you know you'll get an unrivaled experience
  • Best studios in the biz producing exclusive games for the system(Media Molecule,Quantic Dream, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Sucker Punch, Guerrilla Games, SCEJ, SCE Bend, Team Ico, Polyphony Digital....)
  • Amazing third party support & the preferred system by third party developers
  • Superior multiplat experience
  • Home of indies
  • Project Morpheus
  • More gamers online, means more online life for competitive or co-op games
  • Share Factory
  • Long term commitment. You wont get abandoned three years into the gen.

The choice is easier than you might think.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

So currently the Wii U is my main console for the 8th gen (yeah you heard me right, get over it) anyway at this current point in time there are only 2 games coming out the entire year that I'm interested in that are not coming to the Wii U. Which are Destiny and Batman Arkham Knight. So I though I would ask to see if anyone can help me reach a conclusion.

So 1st of all I'm Canadian, so the PS4 went up to $450 here in Canada. Now as for the Xbox One, I never had any interest in getting one, now with the stupid Kinect being gone with the $400 Kincetless Xbox One that saves my $50. However since its $60 for a year of XBL and only $50 for a year on PS4 that means going the Xbox One route saves me a whopping $40 lol.

Both PS4 and Xbox One games have went up to $70 here in Canada, which is BS, but it is what it is, now I think I'll like the Xbox One controller better, (Never liked the PS controller), hell I have never bought a Sony product in my life. I have a 360 so I am familiar with it. Only issue I have with the Xbox One controller is that it still uses AA batteries. So If I buy one of the consoles and get just those 2 games I have an interest in then I still only save $40 if I went with the Xbox One, that being said they PS4 versions of games will be better, thats just fact. So is spending the extra $40 worth in it then end lol?

Also I could get Batman on PC since I am a bit of a PC gamer, its not my preferred choice but meh I don't mind it lol. However that leaves Destiny. Would have been nice if both were on Wii U also but we don't need to get into that. Also the Xbox One is a HUGE energy sucker, so that also makes me think go with the PS4...

So what do you all think? Any advice would be nice.

Well also being Canadian this would be my advice:

I own both the PS4 and X1 and for me I use the X1 soooo much more. To start, the PS4 was my media machine, even for the first few weeks after the X1 launched. That has completely changed now. My X1 is where I have all my media going through (kinect is a big reason for that, I love the voice commands). I've played nothing on my PS4 since infamous and I'm starting to find the console boring. I was hoping MLB the show was going to be better but it doesn't come close to the previous versions on the PS3.

Xbox live is a big step over PSN as far as Im concerned, I had so many trouble with online matches with Fifa 14 on the PS4 that I decided to sell it and get it for the X1 (I haven't had a single problem on Fifa since). The user interface on the X1 is much nicer in my opinion, it offers a lot more functionality then the PS4 to this point... External storage coming in june as well!

X1 is cheaper in Canada if you get the kinectless version, even if you do get a kinect version I think the value is better.

look at multiplat games to this point, everyone said the PS4 versions would kill the X1 versions.. Wolfenstein is proving that wrong and now is watch dogs.. (yes watch dogs runs at 900p on ps4 and 796 on x1 but from what I've seen there's almost no difference.. I haven't personally played the game though).

I don't dislike my PS4 but my X1 is used A LOT more and has better value in my opinion.

Throw hardware and performance bullshit out the window before you make a final decision though.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@Master_Of_Fools said:

Has 3 OS? Completely irrelevant. Doesn't effect the end user, therefore doesn't matter.

I find it very very hard to believe you'd chose the PS4 OS over the XOne OS. And the XOne OS having more functionality is fact, not opinion. Whatever floats your boat.

Seems you have your heart set on the PS4, so why you made this thread I don't know.

idk about superior but X1's os is the prettier of the two. PS4's os does what it's supposed to do but it looks so plain last I saw it

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#47 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Look at excluives and mind set of each company

Multiplats can be played pretty much ecerywhere and the differences between the 2 is minor and isnt worth caring about

The ps4 controler is like no other ps controller and is nice improvment has I hated the old ones.

I perfer xbox. And specially with the new ceo in charge and phil at the top is very nice game changer from dealing with shit don and steve

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By RR360DD

@Sweenix said:

@RR360DD said:

LOL oh dear.

I pity you.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Turn the WiiU into your secondary console. Purchase a ps4.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

PS4 unless you can't live without Halo and Gears. Multiplats being better on PS4 (and not on Wii U what so ever) make it the clear choice.