Can someone compare Hardline with BF4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

I liked BF4, but something just didn't do it for me. Was missing something. Hows hardline?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Here is my rundown since no one else has answered yet.

Battlefield Hardline plays much more like the Battlefield Bad Company games, but with a more serious note. Kind of in-between the two. The campaign (as most any other shooter where MP is the selling point) has been bashed, but I really enjoyed it. I would have to say that the storyline was interesting and had a great flow. I played the game on the hardest of three settings, which at the end unlocks Hardline difficulty. I experienced a few bugs, like patches not unlocking, but I haven't seen others with similar problems online. As far as arcade feeling, Hardline definitely has more of that feel. Which is perfect for me. Movement speeds are much faster, but this makes collision a problem at times, especially since it feels as though they don't have everything fine tuned with the servers yet.

MP has a new mode called Hotwire. In this mode you must get in one of several different cars scattered across the map. Each has an A, B, C, D, E, etc. After getting the car up to a certain speed, then you cap the point and gain points until you are taken down. This mode is actually really fun and a great way to earn money. Money in this game is what you use to purchase weapons and attachments. You don't get unlocks like in BF3 and BF4. You still do however unlock battlepacks.

The game has two one life game modes as well. Crosshair in which one person on your squad of 5 is the VIP and only has access to a golden Desert Eagle. This person must either get to the extraction point, or the enemy side must be eliminated, if the VIP gets killed the other side wins immediately.

The other is an extraction game mode where you must either try to defend two hostages or extract them. If you are on defense you must either protect the hostages from being extracted, defeat the enemy team, or have time expire to win. On the other side, you must either kill all defenders or extract one hostage.

All this said, coming from someone who wasn't sure if they were going to buy the game... (because I am absolutely SICK of BF games) after having played the beta, I decided to purchase the game because BF Hardline plays A LOT like Bad Company which I prefer a LOT MORE than BF4 and even more so than that compared to BF3.

I recommend the game if you are looking for a decent shooter, in a rather stagnant period of time. The whole cops and robbers thing is a fresh take on the Battlefield franchise, and I hope to see sequels.

My take? Buy the game if you were a fan of Bad Company games. If you are looking for more BF3 or BF4... this probably isn't for you. It is much more arcade like and albeit fewer options, guns, unlocks, etc. I feel it does decent job at being what it set out to be, and more. The one thing I ABSOLUTELY HATE about the game is that is takes too many shots to drop people. In the beta it took much fewer but people complained... all this accomplished for people like me with poor internet (I have the best in my area) is that it appears you still die in a shot or two, but it takes too many to drop others. This can be combated by playing hardcore, but camping is often times out of hand.

I hope you find this helpful.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: nice review. thanks. I'm just looking for a new shooter. bf4 was OKKKKK, but sorta meh. It got annoying at times and tedious.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: This is a great insight on the game. This has been the first battlefield I havent pre-ordered. Partly due to that I'm going to stop pre-ordering in general (bf4 was a mess) and that I feared that this was a different game labeled as battlefield.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WitIsWisdom

@ps4hasnogames said:

@WitIsWisdom: nice review. thanks. I'm just looking for a new shooter. bf4 was OKKKKK, but sorta meh. It got annoying at times and tedious.

The only MP mode in BF4 I enjoyed was Defuse. If you are looking for something fresh, BF Hardline is a good divergent. I wouldn't recommend BF3 or BF4, but Hardline is fun. If you are a fan of LMG's, they are map pickups only. However, way too many people use shotguns... it is also nice however, that there aren't tanks. There are armored vehicles, but they aren't too difficult to take down. Hardline is MUCH more infantry based ground pounding where as BF3 and BF4 were more about large scale tank/jet warfare. I am a MUCH bigger fan of using my gun, and it is apparent in the new game modes that they stress it heavily in this game. All the new game modes kick ass. Heist, Blood Money, etc. They are all fun. The maps are my biggest complaint... many seem too cordoned off, kind of like CoD. A few are decent however. They all feel pretty good on MP, but you can definitely tell that certain maps were BUILT for certain game modes, and just don't work well with other modes. Things should continue to improve though... just be wary of server lag right now. The best part of the game for me is that since I didn't like the other game modes in BF4 and I didn't like ANY of the modes in BF3, it is much easier to agree what modes to play with friends, since they are all fun. As a matter of fact, TDM is my LEAST FAVORITE mode, because it is 32v32 ONLY... which doesn't make any sense to me. 16v16 would be better... the lag on the smaller maps on 32v32 TDM is unbearable at times. My guess is that they have it like that right now in anticipation to selling servers... Shady? Yes... However, once servers are available (if they are) things should get much better. Get the game NOW if you want it though, because in my opinion, the starter weapons aren't NEARLY as good as the weapons you can buy, which essentially makes the game heavily on the "Play to Win" side.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WitIsWisdom

@bldgirsh said:

@WitIsWisdom: This is a great insight on the game. This has been the first battlefield I havent pre-ordered. Partly due to that I'm going to stop pre-ordering in general (bf4 was a mess) and that I feared that this was a different game labeled as battlefield.

Thanks, I appreciate it. If you are worried about it NOT being Battlefield, then don't worry, unless you want tanks and jets. Which could of course come in any one of the four DLC's.. which wouldn't surprise me any seeing as though planes and tanks area part of the campaign.

Each of the four DLC's are supposedly going to be themed, so I can see one introducing more heavy vehicles, one being water based, one being air based, and the other being a mystery.

I just hope they have servers that combine the map packs this time around WITHOUT having to purchase a server... probably not, but it would be nice.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Are you in it for the SP or MP, or both?

Also, which system did you play BF4 on? 7th gen system (Xbox 360 or PS3) or an 8th gen system (X1 or PS4)? And what system would you get BF: Hardline for?

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@ps4hasnogames: if you have an Xbox one just get EA access for a month and download it and play the 10 hour trial.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

I liked BF4, but something just didn't do it for me. Was missing something. Hows hardline?

hardline is all over place seems like ppl bought it :(

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

I haven't played it, but after watching some reviews and actual gameplay of the game, I pulled my reserve on it, because I was expecting another, more futuristic military shooter similar to advanced warfare.

Not some cop game where you approach a bunch of enemies and flash your badge and expect the enemies to drop their weapons...LOL...I was too embarrassed to watch much more of it after seeing that, I could be wrong but, it didn't look good to me.