Can Nintendo License XBL Technology From Microsoft?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts
And do you think Microsoft would mind?

I kind of feel sorry that Nintendo Wii is the only console without online multiplayer games.

And of all the 3 current gen consoles, it's the one that is more focused on casual multiplayer experience, which would help it a lot if this multiplayer experience is extended online.

Nintendo games would benefit a lot from an XBL like service.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Nintendo COULD but Microsoft WON'T
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
I don't think they need to license anything. I mean Sony didn't license anything for their online right? It's just Nintendo being awfully stiff neck about FC.
DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts
GameSpy is working on the Wii online, just like they did with the DS. Regardless of their history with PC gaming, the DS Wifi has been a huge success with as many (if not more) online players as there are in World of WarCraft which is pretty impressiv
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mystery_Writer
Nintendo COULD but Microsoft WON'TBigDizz
why won't they, it's money after all. They licensed Windows CE to SEGA before (the reason why the Dreamcast was easy to develop for).

Also, they've offered Sony the opportunity to have Microsoft writing the OS for the PS2, but Kuturagi arrogantly rejected the offer.

Believe it or not, Microsoft's desire to sell software outweighs their desire to sell hardware (be it X360, Zune, PC peripherals, etc...)
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
What's to license? There's nothing hugely complicted or technologically advanced about the XBL network... It's just very well done.  Nintendo could put together something good, they just have to stop being complete slackasses when it comes to online gaming.
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mystery_Writer
I don't think they need to license anything. I mean Sony didn't license anything for their online right? It's just Nintendo being awfully stiff neck about FC.taker42
Sony online for PS3 sucks, but that doesn't matter cause PS3 fans don't care about online much. And if you care about online, then you're better off having an X360 instead (more of the same type of games, better online + graphics).

However, you can't find Nintendo Wii experience on the X360, and unfortunately for the Wii, this experience is only offered offline.
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Microsoft would have to be retarded to let them, since their online service is (currently) the best.
Hussein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hussein
Member since 2002 • 1970 Posts
What's to license? There's nothing hugely complicted or technologically advanced about the XBL network... It's just very well done.  Nintendo could put together something good, they just have to stop being complete slackasses when it comes to online gaming.AfterShafter
take my word on this one (I'm a lead developer, but it's a long discussion to explain why); xbl is both hugely complicated and technologically advanced.