Can multiplats be considered an advantage for PS4 over XB1?

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon: Lame because you didn't like it? Lems are reminded everyday by cows that Titanfall is muliplat. The topic is muliplats. Why not bring the GOTY into the conversation?

Oh that's right, it hurts your feelings.

this thread was about multiplats available on both PS4 and X1, but you miserably failed to understand it.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@groowagon: not so, I simply took the topic and added thinking to it. You should try it sometime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@groowagon: not so, I simply took the topic and added thinking to it. You should try it sometime.

oh and what a master-level thinking that was... haha. i'm looking at your post in great envy.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@groowagon: you should be.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

They were for 360 last gen, not sure why they can't be for PS4 this gen. People are looking over the bigger story here though as to why it's suddenly reversed from last gen.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#56 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Sure, just like last get they were an advantage for 360, and always for PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@misterpmedia said:

They were for 360 last gen, not sure why they can't be for PS4 this gen. People are looking over the bigger story here though as to why it's suddenly reversed from last gen.

some people just have hard time accepting that the tables are turning. that's all there is to it. facts are out of the window then, and passion strikes in.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

And suddenly, now cows only care about are multiplats.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Just as much as it was last gen between the 360 and PS3 and iirc cows didn't think it was a significant advantage at all.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Snugenz

@kinectthedots said:

It is, but honestly it's nothing to gloat over, it's just a perk. The real advantage comes in the form of true high quality not to be found anywhere else exclusives like Infamous Second son.

When lemming were literally depending on that argument last gen, it was only because they didn't have any exclusives good enough to defend their preferred console with using those alone.

Oh you've played Infamous:SS already?.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

@speedfog said:

it was the topic of this thread, yes...

obviously it ultimately boils down to exclusives. unless the multiplat offerings end up being way better than each consoles exclusives.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

@groowagon:

At the moment, multiplats are way better than either of the console's exclusives. PS4 has better games right now than XB1 due to superior multiplat performance, there's no denying that. PS4 is also going to get the first good exclusive between the 2 systems in Infamous SS.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Snugenz

@arkephonic said:

@groowagon:

At the moment, multiplats are way better than either of the console's exclusives. PS4 has better games right now than XB1 due to superior multiplat performance, there's no denying that. PS4 is also going to get the first good exclusive between the 2 systems in Infamous SS.

Forza 5 - 9.0, <-- surely that is considered a good exclusive, if not, explain why not?.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

First off bolded....lolololllolol

Second I'm pretty sure last generation you said that the 360 having better multiplats didn't matter so I'm glad to see you show your hypocrisy even more this generation, Its good to have my belief that Sheen's are the worst fanboy group reaffirmed at every opportunity.

there is not a single point, or opinion that you and your group hasn't gone back on this generation from the last.

Is not about what he say is about what YOU say..

And last gen boy there wasn't a single lemming here who didn't hype the xbox 360 multiplatforms over the PS3 based on a few lines more of resolution or a few more frames,and you were one of them..

Remember the missing patch of grass debate.?

So yeah acting now like the difference doesn't matter when is way bigger than it was last gen it is a joke on your part,but we all know how regular you own your self here so,you people all generation long trowed multiplatforms at cow faces all generation long just like you also trowed sales as well and this gen neither matter some how..

Read below some of the threads.

@cainetao11 said:

I would say yes. But as cows said it didn't matter last gen, and you all know you did, expect lems to say the same this gen.

And lemming say it did,i downplayed the difference based on exclusive from sony that actually looked better than any single multiplatform out there,and time actually gave me the reason look at GTA5 better on PS3 than on 360 when GTA4 and RDR were sub 720p on PS3,the hardware was to difficult and require mayor investment one most developers were no willing to make.

But for lemmings it is matter all of them,trowed their superior multiplatforms and where ever there is an argument about 360 they still do trow them,the one who started the whole superior crap were lemming not cows so save it,this gen Karma is back to hunt lemming,so save the double standard you so call unbiased poster,like i already told you when you consistently try to single out caw you look sad lemming are just as bad.

http://auth.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/why-cant-system-wars-grasp-this-superior-multiplat-28979240/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/evidence-indicates-gta-iv-is-superior-on-xbox-360--26181089/

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/head2head-red-dead-redemption-27325959/

I can go all day long doing this with the majority of multplatforms.

@sts106mat said:

re the head 2 head it was rumoured on here that this was the case. for me the most shocking one is the shadows missing on the ps3 version of the paddle steamer scene. and before anyone says - well PS3 has faster load times, welll duuhhh thats because its loading less graphics.

Oh look what i found here the lemming who claim never to put down the PS3,taking Lents of truth video as fact to downplay a version of a game he never player on PS3 because he didn't own one...

That bold part lol....hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Lemming should not go there,there is 7 years of post of you doing nothing but hyping mutliplatforms superiority and sales,to much for you hypocrites to go back now and claim non of those matter..

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Can multiplats be considered an advantage for PS4 over XB1?

Not for me they can't. Consoles are for exclusives only for me. I buy multiplats on PC.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#66 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@tormentos:

That's great guy. So what? My point is every fanboy is guilty, they all do the same things. I believe I am right.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@speedfog said:

And suddenly, now lems only care about are exclusives.
(mind you it's not surprising as nothing of worth was even released in the last 3 years of the 360, I'd be thirsty too, son. ;))

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

I haven't gotten a PS4 yet, but when (not if) I do the performance of the games is only one factor I'll look at when buying a new game. I'll also take into consideration the controller and the network.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

man, you've done more damage control in the last four days than lems have done in 7 years hahaha.

PS hows your PS4? oh wait

@sts106mat said:

re the head 2 head it was rumoured on here that this was the case. for me the most shocking one is the shadows missing on the ps3 version of the paddle steamer scene. and before anyone says - well PS3 has faster load times, welll duuhhh thats because its loading less graphics.

hahahaaha You never owned a PS3 and never played that game on PS3,and you went by a video show on the internet,to make your argument when you have downplay my arguments about Titanfall based on videos..hahaha

To make this even better....hahahaha

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

As I recall...they were last gen. And frankly when I pick a multi plat for a console I always try to get the better version. So yes...they should count.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Snugenz said:

Just as much as it was last gen between the 360 and PS3 and iirc cows didn't think it was a significant advantage at all.

In and of themselves a multi plat isn't a big deal...unless there is a vast difference between the two be it technical...ie big gap in how a game looks and plays.....or extra content to where it seems almost a different play through. But two relatively close multi plats like Madden for instance.....shouldn't matter.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@lostrib said:

Sure, but expect it to get downplayed even more so than for PC

lol yup I love SW. This gen it will the lems turn to run behind the PC shield for multiplats lol (except maybe with Titanfall :P )

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 arkephonic

@Snugenz:

Forza 5 is under an 80% on Gamerankings so if it's a great game then so is Killzone Shadow Fall. For the record, I've always gone by meta scores and have never gone by Gamespot scores for one simple reason. Gamespot scores are the opinion of one person/site whereas Gamerankings is the opinion of the review industry as a whole.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Snugenz

@arkephonic said:

@Snugenz:

Forza 5 is under an 80% on Gamerankings so if it's a great game then so is Killzone Shadow Fall. For the record, I've always gone by meta scores and have never gone by Gamespot scores for one simple reason. Gamespot scores are the opinion of one person/site whereas Gamerankings is the opinion of the review industry as a whole.

It's 9.0 on GS, the site you're posting on, is KZ:SF?

If you don't like GS scores then do everyone a favour and take your selfie taking hipster ass over to GR and have a ball.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

of course. especially when the difference is as huge. i mean 720p vs 1080p its like comparing last gen games on ps360 to pc for that time, ridiculous difference. Xbone is so far behind that one of the most hyped games on that system is a Kinect title which lems are proud to see in 1080p lolz

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@arkephonic: If a game is on one platform, and not on another, it is a marketable advantage for the platform that has the game. If a game is on two platforms, the features set is the same on both but it runs better on one, then the platform that it runs better on has a marketable advantage.

1. CoD:Ghosts running at 1080p/60fps is a marketable advantage for the PS4; regardless of how much it improves the visuals.
  2. TitanFall being on the XB1 and not the PS4 is a marketable advantage for the Xbox One.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos

@sts106mat said:

Link to my posts playing down your titanfall argument?

All I can do is judge the game THAT I PLAYED (RDR 360) versus the difference in the shown in the PS3 video.

Fucking hell Eltormo, i thought you came here for a laugh and joke like me, but you seem 100% genuinely to believe in this stuff. are you really that invested in it? digging through old posts and getting really uptight about stuff that was said years ago. sounds pretty bitter and twisted about titanfall

Hell why dont you bring up the thread about the textures in bioshock on PS3 again...that was a good one.

Oh, just realised this is an arkephonic thread and i dont post in his threads since he behaved like an asshole to some other users that time and made sick comments the boy has mental issues.

I wont be replying again.

You were judging based on a comparison done by Lents of Truth,is very easy to see,since you continue argue further.

You were owned...

I guess not owning a PS3 didn't stop you from making comparison based on other people opinions...

King of kills your whole Tormentos you don't own a PS4 argument.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tormentos
@StormyJoe said:

@arkephonic: If a game is on one platform, and not on another, it is a marketable advantage for the platform that has the game. If a game is on two platforms, the features set is the same on both but it runs better on one, then the platform that it runs better on has a marketable advantage.

1. CoD:Ghosts running at 1080p/60fps is a marketable advantage for the PS4; regardless of how much it improves the visuals.
  2. TitanFall being on the XB1 and not the PS4 is a marketable advantage for the Xbox One.

There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3.PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/#0

Multiplatforms are irrelevant because you don't need a single console for them,is not an advantage over the PS4 when i can have it on PC and don't need mandatory an xbox one.

Is the reason why when it comes to multiplatforms,the only relevant thing is performance.

So for the 100 time Infamous is an exclusive and a advantage vs the xbox one,Titanfall isn't i don't need an xbox one to play it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 StormyJoe

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

There is no such thing as "console exclusive" or "company exclusive." Console exclusive is a term coined by lemmings that used the Xbox 360/PC games as a means against the PS3.PC and Xbox brands are not "Microsoft Exclusive" as the PC is an open market in which even Sony (Playstation owner) distributes PCs. Furthermore, just because a game is Xbox One and Xbox 360, or PS3, PS4 and PSVita does not mean they are "exclusive." They are considered multiplatform games.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/#0

Multiplatforms are irrelevant because you don't need a single console for them,is not an advantage over the PS4 when i can have it on PC and don't need mandatory an xbox one.

Is the reason why when it comes to multiplatforms,the only relevant thing is performance.

So for the 100 time Infamous is an exclusive and a advantage vs the xbox one,Titanfall isn't i don't need an xbox one to play it.

Did I say the term "console exclusive"? No. I did not.

As for your other points, you have your opinion, I have mine. Given how butthurt all the cows seem to be over TitanFall, it looks like yet again I am correct and you are not. Sorry.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

As for your other points, you have your opinion, I have mine. Given how butthurt all the cows seem to be over TitanFall, it looks like yet again I am correct and you are not. Sorry.

Isn't it entirely possible....and I'd say it was...that just because someone isn't a lem or drinking the Titanfall kool-aid...one cannot assume they are a cow. That's hyperbole.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

Sure it's an advantage. When a multi-platform game comes out, and I want to play it on a console, I'm more inclined to buy it for the Playstation 4.

That's why I just came home with a ps4 today (pity I have to go to work soon or it would be open right now). Normally I own all the consoles when they come out but with money being tighter and the fact I don't give a shit about xbox one I went with the ps4 because multi plats on the whole seem to be better for ps4 so I went with it. And because the PS+ is 10xs better than xbox live, and because it costs 100 bucks less, and because in general sony has a deeper bench of exclusive titles with more variety.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Lems used 'em last generation, so why not?

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Also, yes, there's no question it was an advantage to the Xbox 360 last generation. Last generation, when I would buy a console multi-platform game, I would almost always get it on the Xbox 360.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:
@StormyJoe said:

Isn't it entirely possible....and I'd say it was...that just because someone isn't a lem or drinking the Titanfall kool-aid...one cannot assume they are a cow. That's hyperbole.

Of course not everyone who dislikes TitanFall is a cow. However, the ratio of non-cow TitanFall haters to cows? 1 out of 10? 20?

Why hate on a game for no reason?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

The difference between this gen and last is:

The 360 generally had better multiplats for multiple reasons, as does the PC. Whereas the PS4 boils down to just one.

With 360 you not only had the better graphics but the better online service and the better controller. (Same goes for PC)

PS4 on the other hand doesn't have the superior controller or the superior online service so all it has going for it is better graphics. Not really an advantage outside SW.

I'd pick the better controller / OS and online service over a small bump in graphics any day.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Of course not everyone who dislikes TitanFall is a cow. However, the ratio of non-cow TitanFall haters to cows? 1 out of 10? 20?

Aren't you assuming they don't have a reason?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By arkephonic

@RR360DD said:

The 360 generally had better multiplats for multiple reasons, as does the PC. Whereas the PS4 boils down to just one.

With 360 you not only had the better graphics but the better online service and the better controller. (Same goes for PC)

PS4 on the other hand doesn't have the superior controller or the superior online service so all it has going for it is better graphics. Not really an advantage outside SW.

I'd pick the better controller / OS and online service over a small bump in graphics any day.

Actually, PS4 has the better online service and better controller. See how I did that? It's called a subjective argument, a matter of opinion. The only objective, factual argument you presented was in graphics. So the only objective advantage to be seen here is PS4 > Xbox One.

And that's legitimately the first time I've ever seen someone say that the Xbox One's OS is better than the PS4's OS. Subjective, biased arguments getting tossed around as fact are all lems have left.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 StormyJoe

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I sincerely doubt those that are trying to blow up the forums about TitanFall who are not Sony fanboys have played the game at all, let alone played it enough to validate their complaints. So yes, they are are "hating" on a game for no reason.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

I sincerely doubt those that are trying to blow up the forums about TitanFall who are not Sony fanboys have played the game at all, let alone played it enough to validate their complaints. So yes, they are are "hating" on a game for no reason.

I think hate is a strong word. I don't particularly hate it...I mean if it's your thing have fun. But I don't find any interest in the game myself. I don't like multiplayer...or shooters....or bots. And I have a PC and a 360 so I can play it....I just don't want to play it. I think it is overrated.....but I get why that is. There isn't much for MS fans to talk up this gen.

But if the hype dies...then you probably won't see people bashing the game either. Catch 22 I suppose....

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos

@RR360DD said:

what multiple reasons.?

Because out of the game online play was free on PS3 and on xbox 360 you had a damn pay wall,so you could experience any mutliplatform online out of the box on PS3,the same wasn't the case with the 360.

The whole superior crap came from the fact that the 360 did a few more lines or resolutions and a few more frames in multiplatforms,pretty much nothing more,i would take free online plat 100 times over 100 lines more of resolution or an extra patch of grass.

In fact most of the sites agree the PS4 controller is great and a big poll with 600k voters on IGN chose the PS4 controller over the new xbox one controller.

So saying the xbox one has a better controller is a joke,and taking the xbox one OS is even bigger on that crappy console you can do sh** if you don't pay,you can't skype,you can't record video of games,you can't play free to play games online,you can't even freaking use IE which is a joke.

So yeah i take the PS4 without thinking it,the gap in graphics is way bigger now,online is cheaper + give you more for your money games,and doesn't force you to pay for apps that every damn cell phones get free like netflix or hulu.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

If they aren't on the platform, sure. If we're talking about smaller differences, such as performance, then "meh." Unless ou are getting a notably different experience, there isn't much to brag about.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Well, Titanfall is a multiplat and it runs better on X1 than PS4.

Owned!

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Yes. I'm a cultured sort and going without the essentials like grass and mic shadows isn't something I'm willing to tolerate in vidyagames.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

about time sony fanboys got on the multiplat bandwagon.

they make up 90% of the games you buy and even a small difference is a difference.

that's why i bought almost every mp on 360 last gen.

now that sony has the advantage that is who gets my multiplat money this time around.

i'm glad this happened if for no other reason than to see all the dudes last gen that said mp differences were meaningless finally see how important mp superiority is.