Can anything stop Destiny from becoming GOTY?

  • 95 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Mario Kart 8 has already secured itself as GOTY. Seriously considering anything else is just wishful thinking.

An 8.0 game doesn't secure anything.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mario-kart-8/1900-6415760/

#52 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -
@blackace said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Yes, everything.

Yeah.. pretty much. i doubt very much it will get GOTY. There are still better games coming out this year. I'd take Witcher 3 to be in the Top 5 at least.

Witcher 3 isn't coming out till next year.

#53 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Divinity original sin.

But if you considering gamespots GOTY then tomspot and carospot will give it to the DLC left behind.

#54 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

If by the end of Beta They...

- Take off the 30fps lock for PS4 and maybe Xone (if it can handle it)

- Improve AI

- Tweak Multiplayer so it's not so repetitive and boring

- get rid of static environments

- fix exploration

and than maybe...

#55 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18414 posts) -

@Shielder7: you find it boring? Have you been getting pwned?

#56 Posted by uninspiredcup (9700 posts) -

Remember all the Titanfall awards? ......Remember Titanfall? No? Thought not.

#57 Edited by MonsieurX (30865 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@farrell2k said:

Mario Kart 8 has already secured itself as GOTY. Seriously considering anything else is just wishful thinking.

An 8.0 game doesn't secure anything.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mario-kart-8/1900-6415760/

*cough* TLOU *cough*

#58 Edited by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

I can see it got for Smash or Kart. Also, Divinity is a strong contestant

#59 Posted by silversix_ (15009 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

Dark Souls 2 and for me i don't think Destiny stands a chance against DS2

LOL Dark Souls 2

9/10>LOL

#60 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8552 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

Dark Souls 2 and for me i don't think Destiny stands a chance against DS2

LOL Dark Souls 2

9/10>LOL

LOL Gamespot reviews

#61 Posted by silversix_ (15009 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

Dark Souls 2 and for me i don't think Destiny stands a chance against DS2

LOL Dark Souls 2

9/10>LOL

LOL Gamespot reviews

gamespot>yo face

#62 Posted by lostrib (39192 posts) -

Probably, especially if you're talking about GS GOTY. I mean everyone thought TLOU was going to get it with GTA V a close second, and it went to Zelda

#63 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8552 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@silversix_ said:

Dark Souls 2 and for me i don't think Destiny stands a chance against DS2

LOL Dark Souls 2

9/10>LOL

LOL Gamespot reviews

gamespot>yo face

Stay mad.

#64 Posted by Pffrbt (6588 posts) -

Yes since there are better games coming out this year. Destiny doesn't look remotely interesting or fun.

#65 Posted by silversix_ (15009 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: okay but your face is still worst than Dark Souls 2.

#66 Edited by Seabas989 (10554 posts) -

Probably DS2 or some indie game.

EDIT: Also Divinity: Original Sin.

#67 Edited by bbkkristian (14963 posts) -

In Smash Bros, I trust. In Sakurai, I trust.

#68 Edited by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Shielder7: you find it boring? Have you been getting pwned?

I've been going off what the majority of people have been saying.

#69 Posted by Sollet (7414 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Shielder7: you find it boring? Have you been getting pwned?

I've been going off what the majority of people have been saying.

So you haven't even been playing it - Nice.

#71 Posted by parkurtommo (27386 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

GOTY? Nah.

Depending on how things change from Beta to the Final Release it may go from a "Good" to a "Very Good" game, but not much more than that. I think FC4 and Smash (perhaps MK8 too) are the strongest contenders for GOTY, at least from your list TC.

I think Far Cry 4 is the most likely contender for now unless Gamespot (I'm assuming we're talking about GS's GOTY) pulls another "lol look at this indie/nintendo game it's gud". It's pretty amazing that Far Cry 3 didn't already win GOTY so it increases the chances of Far Cry 4 to get it (because they don't give GotY to a franchise that has already gotten it).

#72 Edited by blamix99 (2258 posts) -

for me Dark Souls 2 or Mario Kart 8, or probably DA Inquisition,FarCry 4,SmashBros and AC Unity

#73 Edited by dommeus (9397 posts) -

Probably have to consider Divinity given the score

#74 Posted by intotheminx (718 posts) -

LOL. I think DS2 is a front runner for GOTY atm. Divinity OS is getting amazing reviews, so I wouldn't be surprised. Also, there are more games to come we haven't played yet, such as Evolve.

#75 Posted by Vatusus (4811 posts) -

Dayum, looking at that list made me realize 2014 is a very weak gaming year...

#76 Posted by Vatusus (4811 posts) -
@dobzilian said:

The best Hack N Slash of last gen, coupled with the best Hack N slash of this Gen thus far.

Bayonetta 2.

Seriously, I would love Bayo 2 to win but its within a niche genre. Never an HnS ever won GOTY.

Dark Souls 2 is the most probable but I guess most sheep websites will give it to TitanFall

#77 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9107 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze SHOULD take GOTY this year. A game of that caliber comes out once every decade or more. It's definitely the best platformer I've ever played in my 20+ years of gaming and platformers are my favourite genre.

A masterpiece through and through. Perfection... no if, ands, or buts.

#78 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

@Sollet said:

@Shielder7 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@Shielder7: you find it boring? Have you been getting pwned?

I've been going off what the majority of people have been saying.

So you haven't even been playing it - Nice.

So if I am playing it I just suck and don't know what I'm talking about

And if I'm just going off what the majority of what people have been saying and videos I've seen I suck and don't know what I'm talking about.....

Oh decisions decisions which one do I pick.

#79 Posted by santoron (7792 posts) -

The Hype for Destiny get's smaller every time they show it off.

No way it gets GoTY here.

#80 Posted by General_Solo76 (265 posts) -

Most hyped game must be GotY! Am I right?

#81 Edited by 22Toothpicks (11330 posts) -

The fact that it's a mediocre game might just hold it back a tad. I was so hyped when Destiny's gameplay was first revealed but after spending time with the Beta I can safely say my hype level is at rock bottom for the final product. Plus AC: Unity could turn out to be a fantastic game. And also Evolve, so, yeah.

#82 Posted by Heil68 (45786 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

You know, that demo is pretty much what the game is going to be. I found it ok but it really does lack the funny that BL2 had. It won't be wining GOTY this year thats for sure.

Nothing "sure" about that. I can see it winning multiple GOTY's

#83 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8552 posts) -

Nah, Destiny won't win anything.

Anyway, my birthday's tomorrow. What are you all getting me? :D

#84 Posted by Zen_Light (1314 posts) -

Probably not. Despite the hate it gets, if the SP campaign is half as good as I think it will be, plus all the multiplayer content, it'll be very hard to beat this year.

#85 Posted by foxhound_fox (89430 posts) -

I have a feeling that Destiny is going to score an 8/10 here.

GS's pick could literally be anything this year.

I hope Bayonetta 2 takes everyone by surprise though. As a package it could be a 10. Would also be awesome if Divinity: Original Sin would take it as well, be a huge boost for crowd-funded games. Though, it's accessibility might be an issue.

#86 Posted by Comduter (2201 posts) -

Well, another new game could come along and turn out to be even better than Destiny and possibly win GOTY.

#87 Posted by Heirren (17780 posts) -

Yeah Halo Reach is by far the weakest Halo and Destiny looks just like Reach...bet it has that nasty blur too.

#88 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -

@Vatusus: You would think it would be different to being a niche title with so much violence but I suppose mass audience wants men protagoniss, Fps and guns with slow and clunky gameplay followed with QTE. Ah well, its the only title I will be buying jn Octoberand it will look quite nice between w101 and Njnja Gaiden 3.

#89 Posted by TheEroica (13829 posts) -

I'm actually more up on destiny than I was before the beta.... I think they nailed the social (mmo) aspect of the game, the controls are razor sharp and there will be more than enough upgrades, planets and scenarios to keep the game fun well past the 60 dollar mark.

#90 Edited by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Civilization Beyond Earth, Mario Kart 8, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Super Smash Bros. could all potentially give it a run for its money. I think the media will just buy into the hype and give it GotY like they do with so many other games though.

I'm curious to see what Gamespot's Game of the Year will be. They've made some very curious (and in my mind, commendable) decisions for GotY the last five years or so, so it will be interesting to see what game they decide to go with this year.

THEY MADE YOU A MOD?!

have I told you how much I love Nintendo?

#91 Posted by adamosmaki (9690 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

Elite Dangerous will be my real GOTY. destiny looks bad.

That ( cant wait to be released since 75euros for the beta is to much) and probably the new Civilization

#92 Posted by charizard1605 (58965 posts) -

@Zaibach said:

@charizard1605 said:

Civilization Beyond Earth, Mario Kart 8, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Super Smash Bros. could all potentially give it a run for its money. I think the media will just buy into the hype and give it GotY like they do with so many other games though.

I'm curious to see what Gamespot's Game of the Year will be. They've made some very curious (and in my mind, commendable) decisions for GotY the last five years or so, so it will be interesting to see what game they decide to go with this year.

THEY MADE YOU A MOD?!

have I told you how much I love Nintendo?

No, but it's never too late to start ;)

:p

#93 Edited by General_Solo76 (265 posts) -

Why would it be GotY? What's so great and amazing about it? It's just another shooter in a never-ending sea of shooters.

#94 Posted by BldgIrsh (2793 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

Why would it be GotY? What's so great and amazing about it? It's just another shooter in a never-ending sea of shooters.

To add on to this. Activision is already planning on milking Destiny by working on Sequels instead of supporting the base game.

#95 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I'm actually more up on destiny than I was before the beta.... I think they nailed the social (mmo) aspect of the game, the controls are razor sharp and there will be more than enough upgrades, planets and scenarios to keep the game fun well past the 60 dollar mark.

I wouldn't say the controls are that good. The movement system needs to be far more fluid than it is, right now it feels sluggish

#96 Posted by TheEroica (13829 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: admittedly I did up the right toggle sensitivity because I felt the default was as you said, too sluggish... once adjusted though It feels as fluid of a fps as I've played on a console. I personally can't complain.

#97 Posted by Spartan070 (16367 posts) -

My money is still on Inquisition but Destiny is great fun though.

#98 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

It seems like a lesser version of PC mmos, or a gutted PVE Planetside2. Whats so revolutionary about it?