Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Well i have been playing Fallout 4 everyday since it launched and i have finally came across my first and only glitch so far, and unfortunately it's a sizeable glitch.

I can no longer fast travel from any location on the map, and i am not over encumbered, but even if i were, i maxed out the broken back perk so i could fast travel even if i were over encumbered.

I did some research online and it turns out this glitch of not being able to fast travel is across all platforms XOne, PC, PS4, i contacted Bethesda's tech support for Fallout 4 and told them specifically that i'm days into the game on the Fallout game clock, a level 31, i discovered over 247 locations, and completed over 35 quests, and no matter where i am in the map, when i try to fast travel i always get the same message in the upper left corner " fast travel is unavailable from this location".

I hope this glitch gets dealt with quickly, it's seriously starting to effect gameplay.

Anyone get to this glitch yet?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Wow, that's shitty.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Okay

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

This is why i avoid buying bethesda games on day 1 and on consoles, if it can be helped. I know something will happen that will completely mess up my experience....and it rarely happens earlier in the game. It always happens after investing a significant amount of time.

Good luck tc. Hope they rectify it soon but until then youll have to treck back and forth.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

AAA confirmed. :P

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Did you change the difficulty? I think the hardest difficulty setting disables fast travel, could be wrong though.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Have you tried loading a previous save? I fast travel and save a lot, so hopefully if this happens to me I can notice it asap and load and earlier save that works.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Slimmin360

@Alucard_Prime said:

Have you tried loading a previous save? I fast travel and save a lot, so hopefully if this happens to me I can notice it asap and load and earlier save that works.

Yup nothing works, i just bring up the map screen in the pip boy and the message pops up right away, before i even attempt to fast travel.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@sts106mat said:

cool story bro

lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

What system are you playing Fallout 4? I'm playing it on PC and I haven't come across this glitch.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Always best to wait for the PATCH OF THE YEAR edition.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

ouch. im having too much fun with this game. if something like that happened it'd blow so hard...

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Slimmin360

@davillain- said:

What system are you playing Fallout 4? I'm playing it on PC and I haven't come across this glitch.

PS4, but it's on all platforms, i Googled the issue already and it must happen after a certain level is reached in the game, it happened to me after reaching level 31, so who knows, but no word from Bethesda yet.

I think their waiting to fix a variety of reported bugs and then they'll send out an update to fix them all at once.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Slimmin360: Damn, well good luck man maybe keep playing a little and hope it resolves itself, otherwise hope that a patch comes out soon. Thanks for bringing it up.

Myself I did encounter my first glitch recently, it was just a quest marker that would not update, so I just reloaded a previous save and it resolved it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:
@davillain- said:

PS4, but it's on all platforms, i Googled the issue already and it must happen after a certain level is reached in the game, it happened to me after reaching level 31, so who knows, but no word from Bethesda yet.

I think their waiting to fix a variety of reported bugs and then they'll send out an update to fix them all at once.

Not sure if it's the same thing, as I don't get the message saying fast travel unavailable, but most of the time fast travel only works after clicking the location on the map 10 or 15 times. Sometimes it works straight away but other times, I had to hit the button to get the dialog to popup where I can confirm the fast travel. I hardly ever use it to be honest, games like Witcher 3 I can play without fast travel since you sell everything to a vendor that's in the next village over anyway. I wish Fallout 4 uses the same fast travel from Skyrim.

genocidecu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 genocidecu
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Wow, that's shitty.

Jerk

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:
@davillain- said:

It's def not related to level since I am also level 31 and have no issue fast traveling.

Shadowarriorsm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shadowarriorsm
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

@Slimmin360: Ive actually had this issue all this week. The listening Bravo Station Fix does not work for me. I also am on the ps4, and I started experiencing this right after i killed kellog.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Slimmin360

@Motokid6 said:

So don't fast travel. Isn't it a smaller world?

The problem is when you have to walk or run to one location after another, you encounter more enemies going through the wasteland that way which depletes your inventory of stimpaks and ammo, so by the time you get to where your going you don't always have enough of one or the other to clear out enemies from the destination location.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Slimmin360

@shadowarriorsm said:

@Slimmin360: Ive actually had this issue all this week. The listening Bravo Station Fix does not work for me. I also am on the ps4, and I started experiencing this right after i killed kellog.

Yeah well i might have to switch the setting to very easy, just to save on ammo and stimpaks until this glitch is fixed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 06
Member since 2003 • 998 Posts

Haven't encountered this bug, but then again I only fast travel when in power armor so I don't use up power, I would have missed soo much stuff and crazy moments if I fast traveled every time I needed to go back to a location, fast travel is not worth it, unless in power armor.