Call of Juarez Bound in Blood.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I remember when this game first got announced I thought, "I'm gonna keep my eye on this the first one was pretty cool, I just hated the stealth sections" then I saw an advert on the back of my OXM, and it said coming July 2009, and so I looked it up and it is indeed (for the UK anyway) It actually comes out tommorow in America, and it literally has no hype at all, now the first only got a 7.5, but this one looks a lot better for a few reasons:

1. The graphics look absolutely amazing, it has some of the best explosions I've seen in gaming, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGRKOIm1v-M

2. The dual character gameplay has 2 all out shooter characters, the stealth gameplay in the first was annoying for quite a few people, because it just felt uneccessary and weird mixed in with the fun shooting of the Reverend.

It also looks more fun than most shooters around these days just because of the setting. Anyone else going to be getting this?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

I dunno, Red Dead Redemption looks to be so much better...

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Doesn't look as good as the first, but I'll be pickin' it up for PC.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bobbetybob
I do think RDR will be better, but only because it's using the Euphoria engine, for everything else I think they'll be pretty much the same.
3lliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 3lliott
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

I'll probably rent before I buy, I don't understand how the aiming of the weapons work in the game.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bobbetybob

I'll probably rent before I buy, I don't understand how the aiming of the weapons work in the game.

3lliott
There's gonna be a crosshairs on or off option for a guess, they probably just have it off in the trailer to make it look cleaner and more realistic. The other aiming modes like where it slows down are special moves basically, they were in the first game but only one of the characters got it, this time both have them.
PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PoppaGamer
Member since 2009 • 1629 Posts

Verge_6
That as been my take since they started releasing vids for both.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

Verge_6
Yeh, CoJ looks average to me. I hope RDR comes out for PC though.
xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
What sells it for me is that the story looks good from what the trailers has shown. Already got it preordered.
DarthKalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DarthKalo
Member since 2006 • 902 Posts

I actually enjoyed the stealth portions of the first game. Though I am the type of person that really enjoys puzzles being added into all types ofgames. The graphics do look awesome

Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Red Dead will be better I think, but still looks good, the gaming world is in dire need of some good quality westerns. But I think saleswise, this game will tank.

DPhunkT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DPhunkT
Member since 2008 • 1803 Posts
I'm buying both Red Dead Redemption and Call of Juarez Bound in Blood. I really enjoyed the first CoJ even though it has a few flaws in it. I'm buying this one on day one.
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

I'm really excited about this game but if it scores A average or less I'm afraid I'll have to pass it , I've already bought 4 games this month :|

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

It looks good but who knows. I'll probably rent it off of game fry this week.

Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Verge_6

I'm going to be the odd one out here and say that i think RDR looks no where near as good and fun as CoJ-BB

I can't wait for Friday when its released here in theUK, this game looks amazing and ive been looking forward to it fora while now.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#16 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I had fun with the first one and this one does indeed look better to me. Yet I still will probably pick this one up later on down the road for cheap just like I did the first one. Then I am sure I will enjoy it even more. Just not a day one, full price caliber game for me.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#17 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]

I remember when this game first got announced I thought, "I'm gonna keep my eye on this the first one was pretty cool, I just hated the stealth sections" then I saw an advert on the back of my OXM, and it said coming July 2009, and so I looked it up and it is indeed (for the UK anyway) It actually comes out tommorow in America, and it literally has no hype at all, now the first only got a 7.5, but this one looks a lot better for a few reasons:

1. The graphics look absolutely amazing, it has some of the best explosions I've seen in gaming, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGRKOIm1v-M

2. The dual character gameplay has 2 all out shooter characters, the stealth gameplay in the first was annoying for quite a few people, because it just felt uneccessary and weird mixed in with the fun shooting of the Reverend.

It also looks more fun than most shooters around these days just because of the setting. Anyone else going to be getting this?

I adore the Western setting in virtually all aspects, movie or game, I have high hopes for this game and Read Dead Redemption. I hope both deliver. The Wild West imo is the best place to have a shooter.
Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="bobbetybob"]

I adore the Western setting in virtually all aspects, movie or game, I have high hopes for this game and Read Dead Redemption. I hope both deliver. The Wild West imo is the best place to have a shooter.

And seldom is there a shooter let alone many games that are set in the wild west. I love the setting.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#19 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

I actually enjoyed the stealth portions of the first game. Though I am the type of person that really enjoys puzzles being added into all types ofgames. The graphics do look awesome

DarthKalo
Same here, I played the first game on PC a few years ago before it even had dx10 compatibilty (was the first game even on the consoles?) and it was great. I love games with story and puzzle solving. It was unique in that it wasn't all generic shooting the whole game...and there was an actual plot moving you forward. Too many games nowadays are just frag fests or destruction fests based on repetition with no solid plot or variations....it makes me mad and not buy certian games! I am looking at you Red FAction Gureilla...so much potential to live up to the first to and they make that shoddy crap that will only appeal to 14 year olds who like blowing things up over and over and over again...the same type who would skip reading text in a mmo, or who would skip cutscenes in a metal gear game.... whats' up with people now days? Why have devs been catering to the semi-illeterate? I really don't get it. Sorry to rant but it had to be said, and I just hope COJ keeps the story telling aspect in place.