CALL OF DUTY vs BATTLEFIELD, which series is better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by ivo_ree (91 posts) 1 month, 25 days ago

Poll: CALL OF DUTY vs BATTLEFIELD, which series is better? (22 votes)

CALL OF DUTY 27%
BATTLEFIELD 73%
Both 0%

Both of these war franchises have been around for some time now and both have had their ups and downs.

-Which franchise is better and why?

-Which franchise is worse and why?

-And which of their newest installments (ADVANCED WARFARE and HARDLINE) do you think is gonna kick ass.

#1 Posted by wis3boi (31102 posts) -

BF at least tried different things over its lifetime and has more options

#2 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Battlefield easily.

#3 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1357 posts) -

both became yearly trash

#4 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Battlefield, Obviously.

#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6898 posts) -

Neither, both are garbage now.

And inb4PrincessgomezpraisingCOD

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (39100 posts) -

Call of Duty. All day, every day.

#7 Edited by wolverine4262 (19026 posts) -

Who cares anymore?

Same shit, new year.

#8 Posted by BldgIrsh (1582 posts) -

Battlefield by far...

#9 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5806 posts) -

At this point both are awful... If we go by past games both COD4 and BF2 were great games.

#10 Edited by Cranler (8705 posts) -

At this point both are awful... If we go by past games both COD4 and BF2 were great games.

How is Cod 4 better than the newer Cod's? The newer CoD's have more game modes, better loadout customization and more killstreak options.

#11 Posted by princeofshapeir (13723 posts) -

If you had asked me this question before BF4 released I would have said Battlefield. Now both of the series are indistinguishable in their mediocrity.

#12 Posted by harry_james_pot (10539 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

How is Cod 4 better than the newer Cod's? The newer CoD's have more game modes, better loadout customization and more killstreak options.

COD 4 was doing something new. What you're describing is DLC additions, not improvements from 6 new games in a series.

#13 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5806 posts) -

COD4 has a much better SP than most COD in recent years. COD4 MP is miles better than the garbage that is out now. Simple reasons really the game is actually balanced, and has good maps to play in. The only one I would say that comes close to COD4 is the 1st Blackops. But last years offering was dreadful. None of these new COD have done anything to move the series forward, its too much of the same, but with a lot less quality in the newer games, especially the ones made by IW. Killstreaks and the unbalanced of too many perks, and the god awful maps have removed what made COD games in the past fun to play.

#14 Edited by Alucard_Prime (2728 posts) -

BF for me, because of its focus on team play. With the right people, playing BF and helping eachother out as a team/squad is one of the most rewarding gaming experiences I've had. You do not get that feeling as much with COD, that is more for the gunplay and the "Lone-Wolf" type of attitude. I like COD too, but the last one I played was BlackOPs1, though I am planning on getting Advanced Warfare on day 1, I'm excited for it because I haven't played COD in a while, and it is the first real next gen COD......also, I won't lie, I like Kevin Spacey, so that certainly helped.

#15 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1345 posts) -

when call of duty is good, its better than the best BF game.

MW, MW2, black ops, were all fun as hell with great maps.

#16 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

COD 4 was doing something new. What you're describing is DLC additions, not improvements from 6 new games in a series.

CoD 4 was more revolutionary than it's successors but you don't fix what isn't broken. With CoD 4, Activision found the perfect formula, deviating too much from that would be stupid.

CoD 4 is very barebones compared to it's successors. Ghosts for example has offline bot mp, survival modes and exctinction mode.

Character, loadout and killstreak customization is much much deeper than CoD 4.

#17 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

How about they both suck?

give me old school shooter. Cant wait for Doom 4

@Cranler said:

CoD 4 was more revolutionary than it's successors but you don't fix what isn't broken. With CoD 4, Activision found the perfect formula, deviating too much from that would be stupid.

it was revolutionary but in bad way.

#18 Edited by Wasdie (49613 posts) -

You need to have more than 500 posts to make a thread and a BF vs. CoD thread is hardly relevant right now.