Call of Duty Ghosts sales 50% below Black Ops II

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

http://www.highlightpress.com/call-of-duty-ghosts-sales-fall-50-below-black-ops-ii/6716/sdavis

So Activision, hey how you doing. About those Ips you have in that football stadium locked up, Yeah those, can you, you know, realize that your time is over and put more effort into briging out variety in your games. You know, just a suggestion.

\Not surprised at all with this new, the game looks bad on all platforms and screwed up the launch in which all versions need patches. One version need 2 patches.

#2 Edited by lundy86_4 (44353 posts) -

What are worldwide figures?

#3 Posted by lostrib (42984 posts) -

Yeah, i think it will still be okay. And the next gen versions still haven't released

#4 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3815 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Yeah, i think it will still be okay. And the next gen versions still haven't released

One of them has.

#5 Edited by lostrib (42984 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@lostrib said:

One of them has.

you better not say WiiU

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3815 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@lostrib said:

One of them has.

you better not say WiiU

Wii U.

#7 Posted by lostrib (42984 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@lostrib said:

One of them has.

you better not say WiiU

Wii U.

Son of a Bitch!

#8 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

If not mistaken with the BL 2 numbers, it would be around 3.6 in the UK, so I would assume maybe over 10 million if I be nice and assume a 30% drop for the other regions outside the UK. no official numbers have been released yet however, as Activision just keeps saying $2B in unit sales.

#9 Edited by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

Good, signs that the fad is dying. I hate the fact that the consumers and the industry are centering their attention on such a derivative genre.

#10 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3815 posts) -

My body is ready for the next CoD.

#11 Posted by lundy86_4 (44353 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@lundy86_4 said:

If not mistaken with the BL 2 numbers, it would be around 3.6 in the UK, so I would assume maybe over 10 million if I be nice and assume a 30% drop for the other regions outside the UK. no official numbers have been released yet however, as Activision just keeps saying $2B in unit sales.

So, you missed the point... Shocking.

#12 Posted by DefconRave (806 posts) -

Only decent COD series left is black ops and that's not saying much. IW died after MW2, the new IW is crap, see MW3 & Ghosts.

Gonna see what Respawn can deliver with Titanfall.

#13 Edited by gameofthering (10469 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@lostrib said:

One of them has.

you better not say WiiU

& PS4

#14 Edited by lostrib (42984 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

@lostrib said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@lostrib said:

One of them has.

you better not say WiiU

& PS4

technically it doesn't release until the 15th

#15 Posted by lostrib (42984 posts) -

@DefconRave said:

Only decent COD series left is black ops and that's not saying much. IW died after MW2, the new IW is crap, see MW3 & Ghosts.

Gonna see what Respawn can deliver with Titanfall.

the blackops games had their own round of issues this past gen.

#16 Posted by jhonMalcovich (5307 posts) -

Faith in humanity started to return...slowly.

#17 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

i would love to walk into a game store and see it flooded with copies of discounted ghost that no one wants to buy

#18 Posted by freedomfreak (43714 posts) -

Guess I'll go to the store tomorrow to buy some extra copies.

#19 Posted by lostrib (42984 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

pretty sure it still sold millions of copies, and probably millions more

#20 Edited by TheEroica (14502 posts) -

Finallly... CoD will stop selling so we can all like it again... phew.

#21 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5307 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

pretty sure it still sold millions of copies, and probably millions more

Yes. But not as much as Activision had expected. Probably they will make a good buck compared to any other average studio, but not a billion dollars Activions used to make. It´s a good sign.

#22 Posted by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@lundy86_4 said:

So, you missed the point... Shocking.

Well, i mean you usually fail so much at everything with bad wording so it's hard to understand your mental issues when you type.

#23 Edited by -Red-Cell- (252 posts) -

@bbkkristian:

Blockbuster games like CoD are great for the industry. The series alone generates billions of dollars for activision, allowing it to cover the development costs and reduce the financial risks of other less financially lucrative games. Plus it sells consoles.

#24 Posted by NFJSupreme (5414 posts) -

a lot of people are waiting to get it on their nextgen system of choice. That has a lot to do with it although I figured COD sales would be down simply because of over saturation.

#25 Posted by lamprey263 (25645 posts) -

oh, it's a UK thing, nothing to see here

#26 Posted by RoccoHout (1010 posts) -

And Black Ops 2 already sold way less than MW3... hope this new trend will continue

#27 Posted by Heil68 (47361 posts) -

IT's not going anywhere for a long, long time. Just approaching 1 billion or whatever the sales are for this game will keep the series around.

#28 Posted by silversix_ (16255 posts) -

That's only because a lot of people waiting for ps4/xbone version.

#29 Edited by Masculus (2878 posts) -

Does Activision produces anything besides Call of Duty these days?

#30 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -

About damn time. That series cannot die fast enough.

#31 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

/yawn oh look another "call of doodie is dead!" kind of thread

This is a game releasing across 2 generations of systems as well, so there is going to be a lot of staggered sales as people wait for both next gen systems, ones who haven't decided yet if they want old or new gen and so on.

#32 Posted by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

Finallly... CoD will stop selling so we can all like it again... phew.

all those low Uwe Bolle movie sales, people sure started to love those again amirite

#33 Posted by billing (634 posts) -

im pretty sure most people are waiting to get it on the new consoles.

#34 Posted by Basinboy (11422 posts) -

@billing said:

Even if they are, how many consoles are going to be in the wild? 5 million? And all of them are purchasing CoD:G?

The franchise is worn out. It needs to do something good and unique instead of sticking to its guns (pun intended).

#35 Posted by billing (634 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@billing said:

Even if they are, how many consoles are going to be in the wild? 5 million? And all of them are purchasing CoD:G?

The franchise is worn out. It needs to do something good and unique instead of sticking to its guns (pun intended).

yeah, and on top of that teh game looks really bad.

#36 Posted by nutcrackr (12850 posts) -

AC4, Ghosts, FIFA 14, BF4 are selling badly. GTA 5 is probably the only exception

#37 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

Remember when kotick said this game would give gta v a run for it's money? Guess not.

#38 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6635 posts) -

Half a billion is still 500 million. CoD is integrated into gaming now. Its never just gonna "die"

#39 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Still got to wait on the next gen systems to release to get real numbers. Making a thread this early is pretty ignorant. Until the PS4 and X1 release, we won't know what they real numbers are.

#40 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5808 posts) -

This is good news.

#41 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1244 posts) -

Battlefield 4 Sales down 69%

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/assassins_creed_4_black_flag/news/assassins_creed_sales_down_60_year-on-year_battlefield_4_down_69_on_battlefield_3.html

#42 Edited by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

Didnt it make Activision 1 bilion on the first day?

I dont think its gonna die anytime soon

#43 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

About time. I had a feeling Ghosts would be the the beginning of the decline. With BF4, Titanfall, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Planetside 2 and Destiny all out before the next CoD releases, I feel those games are going to start cutting into CoD's mass appeal

#44 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9968 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are holding out on buying a copy with their nex gen console ... Also curious to see if the graphical leap BF4 has over COD will make a difference in sales.

#45 Edited by Crossel777 (5741 posts) -

Well.. it was bound to start declining eventually what with milking the same game every year. Glad to see it's a few of the big name ips and not just CoD. Might very well lead to some new games actually being made for once.

#46 Posted by COVAtheNOVA (197 posts) -

The FPS genre needs some new blood and Titanfall will be that blood.

#47 Edited by Vatusus (5239 posts) -

And it beggins... the downfall of CoD

lol @ surpassing GTA V sales figures

GTA is still the biggest brand in gaming, and rightfully so may I add