Call of Duty Ghosts is literally a Copy and Pasted game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MacBoomStick (1940 posts) -

I can't even believe this. This is just laziness to the extreme.

#2 Posted by uninspiredcup (4831 posts) -

Wow. I got Call Of Duty was a lazy burger in a bad piece of shit that is the cancer of the gaming industry but this is just... wow.

Premium price for a premium game, amiright?

#3 Edited by k2theswiss (16223 posts) -

saw that on ign. quite funny

#4 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (8929 posts) -

And yet the people who keep buying this trash will keep doing so... Dragging gaming along down with them.

This is why we don't get many good games any more.

#5 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (23670 posts) -

And this game made 1 Billion Dollars on day 1.

#6 Posted by silversix_ (12569 posts) -

Literally? It IS a copy n paste game

#7 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

So is every shooter last gen, and every one this gen will be as well. Xbox and PS owners paid $400 and $500 to play the same shooter over and over...lol

#8 Posted by Heil68 (40645 posts) -

That's the saddest part of all. How can anyone, even FinalStar defend this?

#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2606 posts) -

The truck wasn't copied and pasted.

#10 Edited by Sweenix (5115 posts) -

Those floor textures were not copy and pasted

#11 Edited by Wasdie (48814 posts) -

Wow that is kind of sad. Shows how little money they really invest into the series. It's all about a high profit margin for them.

#12 Posted by MrYaotubo (2339 posts) -

Unbelievable...

#13 Posted by edwardecl (1326 posts) -

The Devs should be ashamed. Like people would not notice.

#14 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Figured this was a troll thread, but they actually did just copy paste it.
Good grief..

#15 Edited by PhazonBlazer (10987 posts) -

I'm guessing it was more of an homage to Modern Warfare 2.

Not even Infinity Ward could be that lazy...right?

#16 Posted by finalstar2007 (24227 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Me? defend CoD? you are mistaken i havent even bought the game which is something i've never done in so many years as i've always bought CoD on day 1 but this time around i probably wont be even buying it.. been playing BF3 way too much lately with my friends and seems like everyone are going to get BF4 on PS4 so it shall be my very first next gen game and not CoD :P

To be on topic so an 18 second scene means the entire game is copy and paste? what?

#17 Edited by wis3boi (30295 posts) -

I'm guessing it was more of an homage to Modern Warfare 2.

Not even Infinity Ward could be that lazy...right?

IW are the laziest devs on the planet

#18 Posted by Heil68 (40645 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Me? defend CoD? you are mistaken i havent even bought the game which is something i've never done in so many years as i've always bought CoD on day 1 but this time around i probably wont be even buying it.. been playing BF3 way too much lately with my friends and seems like everyone are going to get BF4 on PS4 so it shall be my very first next gen game and not CoD :P

To be on topic so an 18 second scene means the entire game is copy and paste? what?

I'm shocked you didn't buy COD. :o

#19 Posted by jer_1 (7246 posts) -

Man that's just pretty weak. Luckily I haven't bought a CoD game since MW2, at least I'm not part of the problem here.

#20 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14565 posts) -

Phase 1. Put little effort into the game because people will buy it anyway

Phase 2. ?

Phase 3. Profit

#21 Posted by menes777 (2637 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Wow that is kind of sad. Shows how little money they really invest into the series. It's all about a high profit margin for them.

Exactly, it's all about profits for them.

#22 Posted by Netherscourge (16271 posts) -

Infinity Ward 0.5 is going to have the #1 selling copy-n-paste game in the world this Holiday Season.

All those uninformed CoD-Zombies out there will just buy it up like it's solid gold.

And of course Gamespot and IGN giving the game a decent review without looking at all the raw facts doesn't help either. It's as if the media is feeding itself it's own BS.

#23 Edited by aroxx_ab (8649 posts) -

haha, some guys on IGN have to much free time or something, impressed some1 actually sit down go through old CoD games to compare and try find stuff like this, because it cant be done just from memory...

#24 Posted by FragTycoon (6420 posts) -

I'm gonna take a different perspective and say Brilliant!!!!! How did they get so many horrible gamers to agree to play the same game is beyond me.

I think the brilliant part is how they make the most "noob" of players feel like they're "1337".

I stopped playing CoD shortly after World at War came out and I don't feel like I've missed a thing.

#25 Edited by MK-Professor (3494 posts) -

I wonder where all the money go. One thing is certain, that are not going to development...

#26 Posted by Nick3306 (2504 posts) -

So is every shooter last gen, and every one this gen will be as well. Xbox and PS owners paid $400 and $500 to play the same shooter over and over...lol

Red orchestra 2 says hi.

#27 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

You know whats even funnier? People on youtube (your average gamer) think that the left one is ghosts and say that it looks better. When you guys did the comparison pics of ghosts on the XBox One and PS4 the XBox One version is clearly the one your average console gamer is gonna say looks better because it has higher contrast etc. I doubt they even know what 720 and 1080p is

#28 Posted by Kinthalis (5095 posts) -

At least PC gamers are starting to clue in.

The overall CONCURRENT player count went from 160,000 in Black ops to 125,000 for MW3, to 75,000 for BO2, to now 50,000 for this abomination.

Hopefully the next bad title will see 0.

#29 Edited by Gue1 (8111 posts) -

oh dear... And this is the game IGN gave an 8.8. Almost a 9!

#30 Posted by Gue1 (8111 posts) -

You know whats even funnier? People on youtube (your average gamer) think that the left one is ghosts and say that it looks better. When you guys did the comparison pics of ghosts on the XBox One and PS4 the XBox One version is clearly the one your average console gamer is gonna say looks better because it has higher contrast etc. I doubt they even know what 720 and 1080p is

what's funny is that I thought the left one was Ghost!

#31 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (5712 posts) -

This series has to be just about done, right? I mean, I don't have a ton of faith in humanity, but I have enough faith to think that a cash-in this blatant can't just continue to work for more than a few more years.

#32 Posted by gameofthering (9658 posts) -

Yet Batman gets a 6 for being the same and this doesn't.

#33 Edited by princeofshapeir (13381 posts) -

Hey now, it isn't all copy-paste.

Infinity Ward actually managed to make the game look worse than Black Ops 2.

That isn't the same.

#34 Posted by freedomfreak (36507 posts) -

I don't see the big deal. You don't need to alter the animations for something like this. It's just a dude carrying another dude. The fuck would you need to change about that?