Call Of Duty Frame Rate DF comparison

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

but but its because it has higher framerates and its over 60fps and not vsynced. Wow sorry cows, but once again its a shitshow for PS4 in regards to COD. Xbox one version gets the higher metacritic for a reason... polygon was right!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30B0rx2ql4

#2 Edited by Terrencec06 (3400 posts) -

in other news..... I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

#3 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

Cherry picking at its fullest. Maybe you should base your thread on the whole article instead of statements from it. LOL stay salty my friend

#4 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25417 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off

"Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall. The advantage here comes in the form of cleaner and sharper visuals that help to better realise the extra next-gen spit and polish on display over the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions of the game - something that Xbox One's upscaled 720p presentation fails to do in quite the same way. However, the Xbox One version has its own charms in the form of a smoother, more consistent frame-rate."

SEVEN TWENTY PEE

#5 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL: cliffy so salty you made a systemwars account because of me. Remember when you lied saying ypu posted here lol

#6 Posted by stereointegrity (10678 posts) -

digital foundry already said that the stutters from ps4 come from it being above 60hz

#7 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@stereointegrity: lol ok wow what a shitshow. Wont get the game for either but ps4 shoulda stuck with 720p. Down to 36 fps compared 60 rock solid on xbo

#8 Edited by clyde46 (43564 posts) -

in other news..... I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance.

How much?

#9 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

Lems have been xboned : )

#10 Posted by clyde46 (43564 posts) -

Its COD, why do you even care?!

#11 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15874 posts) -

"Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall."

Thanks for linking that article, OP, it's very elucidating.

#12 Posted by Fishsticklover (247 posts) -

Wow, I thought I was going to get blind there for a second when I saw the X1 picture, until i moved my head to the right, and noticed there was nothing wrong with my eyes

#13 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Its COD, why do you even care?!

Anything that proves xbone is weak sauce is fun.

#14 Edited by Gue1 (9128 posts) -

PS4 is more powerful and sooner or later you'll have to face and accept that reality.

#15 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest." - DF

#16 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

@XBOunity: no I was a lurker but you can prove otherwise

#17 Posted by PinkiePirate (2081 posts) -

The PS4 is pushing more than twice the pixels. It's only dipping a few frames below the Xbox One in a few spots. Still very impressive. Glad I have the PS4 version. I love 1080p.

#18 Posted by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@danabo said:

@killzowned24 said:

"That said, if you really want a taste of what we can expect from the next generation of consoles, Ryse towers over the rest." - DF

''Here it's abundantly clear that one platform has a distinct advantage over the other owing to the vast resolution differential: fine details, subtle edges and complex scenery all appear sharper and more defined on PlayStation 4, while these elements simply aren't displayed with the same level of clarity on Xbox One, giving the game a distinctly fuzzy look that doesn't really tally with our expectations of a next-gen experience.''

#19 Edited by Martin_G_N (1682 posts) -

They are both locked at 60 fps, but the PS4 runs at 1080p native with some dips in framerate. Had the Xbox one version been 1080p instead of 720p, we would have seen COD at 30 - 40 fps.

#20 Edited by Carbon_Le (185 posts) -

This is the same guy who was hurt that ps4 cod was 1080p. Now youre here to talk trash on it? Xboxunity you make no damn sense. What a weirdo.

#21 Posted by Daious (868 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-ghosts-next-gen-face-off

"Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall. The advantage here comes in the form of cleaner and sharper visuals that help to better realise the extra next-gen spit and polish on display over the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions of the game - something that Xbox One's upscaled 720p presentation fails to do in quite the same way. However, the Xbox One version has its own charms in the form of a smoother, more consistent frame-rate."

SEVEN TWENTY PEE

Saw that as well. Its obvious that the PS4 version is better than the Xboxone version.

Please MS kill the Kinect and put the resources to gaming.

#22 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL: lol come on dude glad u are posting and to be honest Id never buy cod. you still ccorporate pining for sony? My cliffy you

#23 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Carbon_Le: well by right im still upset about the 720p. Im hoping for 900p for best game of year titanfall. Im just realistic. Xbo was rushed out so im hoping the tools arent mature enough. I bet next cod is 1080p for xbo.

#24 Edited by Daious (868 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

@stereointegrity: lol ok wow what a shitshow. Wont get the game for either but ps4 shoulda stuck with 720p. Down to 36 fps compared 60 rock solid on xbo

I think I recollect that you have a decent gaming computer. I wouldn't even recommend the game for PC although the newest patch is much better. I would wait until the problems get fixed. But If you getting it on console go for the PS4 version.

#25 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5690 posts) -

This is what I took from the DF article... If MS are going to pull things like this for 720p games, then I wont be buying any game thats not native 1080p for the console.

"Owners of Microsoft's new console aren't treated to the same level of quality in this area. 720p - also featuring the same post-process anti-aliasing - is confirmed, which is then upscaled to 1080p by the console before arriving on your TV screen. On top of that, a strong sharpening filter is also applied over the entire 720p image, encompassing both in-game imagery along with the HUD elements and even the main menu screens. Based on the fact that we're seeing something very similar in Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3, we have a feeling that this may actually be part of the Microsoft upscaling solution - and we don't like it."

#26 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

$500 machine plays 720p games in 2013.

#27 Edited by stereointegrity (10678 posts) -

So just what is going on? Well, a close look at our captures reveals that Call of Duty: Ghosts actually runs at higher frame-rates than 60fps on a fairly frequent basis, despite the video output being limited to 60Hz. In scenes where we experienced judder and perceived frame-rate loss, what we are actually seeing is the appearance of skipped and incomplete frames - an effect that is arguably far more noticeable than a few prolonged drops down to 50fps or so seen the 360 version of the game.

That is what do said about the ps4 version.... It is not dropping frames because of what's happening in screen it is just missing them because it only outputs at 60hz

idk why they even posted this up today when just last week they already said why it was having the supposed frame dropes

#28 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -
#29 Posted by silversix_ (13577 posts) -

the x1 is in 720p lol SEVEN TWENTY P trolololo. Not 900p at least but 720p hah

#30 Edited by killzowned24 (7286 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

the x1 is in 720p lol SEVEN TWENTY P trolololo. Not 900p at least but 720p hah

So is BF4,Killer Instinct and Dead Rising. Xbone running at last gen resolution lol

#31 Posted by jsmoke03 (12488 posts) -
#32 Edited by lglz1337 (3014 posts) -

enjoy your 720p gaming lemmings we do double resolution

oh and ps4 version runs higher than 60fps

#33 Posted by tormentos (16472 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

but but its because it has higher framerates and its over 60fps and not vsynced. Wow sorry cows, but once again its a shitshow for PS4 in regards to COD. Xbox one version gets the higher metacritic for a reason... polygon was right!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c30B0rx2ql4

Here it's abundantly clear that one platform has a distinct advantage over the other owing to the vast resolution differential: fine details, subtle edges and complex scenery all appear sharper and more defined on PlayStation 4, while these elements simply aren't displayed with the same level of clarity on Xbox One, giving the game a distinctly fuzzy look that doesn't really tally with our expectations of a next-gen experience.

"It's not just the 720p issue that lets down the Xbox One game - the hardware scaler's over-sharpening seems to emphasis the resolution deficiency rather than mitigate it."

Owners of Microsoft's new console aren't treated to the same level of quality in this area. 720p - also featuring the same post-process anti-aliasing - is confirmed, which is then upscaled to 1080p by the console before arriving on your TV screen. On top of that, a strong sharpening filter is also applied over the entire 720p image, encompassing both in-game imagery along with the HUD elements and even the main menu screens. Based on the fact that we're seeing something very similar in Killer Instinct and Dead Rising 3, we have a feeling that this may actually be part of the Microsoft upscaling solution - and we don't like it.

The end result isn't a particularly pretty sight: harsh edges are further accentuated over the additional jaggies created by the upscaling, while fine details, foliage, and the surface of water all appear quite grainy in comparison to the PS4 and PC versions. It's a crushing step down from the PS4's much clearer 1080p presentation, taking away some of the finesse expected from a next-generation product, but thankfully it's also something that you can opt out of.

Moving on to visual effects, we find that particles and alpha appear slightly pared back on both consoles in certain scenes: water splashes in particular take a noticeable hit in resolution on Microsoft's system, looking chunkier and less detailed as a result.

Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall. The advantage here comes in the form of cleaner and sharper visuals that help to better realise the extra next-gen spit and polish on display over the 360, PS3, and Wii U versions of the game - something that Xbox One's upscaled 720p presentation fails to do in quite the same way. However, the Xbox One version has its own charms in the form of a smoother, more consistent frame-rate.

It's an interesting situation considering that while the smoother frame-rate clearly benefits gameplay on the Xbox One, the resolution deficit makes it harder to consistently pick out enemies from a distance compared to the PS4 version - something that is also worth bearing in mind.

Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall.

Each next-gen console version has its strengths and weaknesses, but clearly it is the PS4 game that offers a superior experience overall.

Thread....