Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified (PS Vita) First Review

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

Giant Bomb 1 out of 5

Teh savior

OreoMilkshake
I'm seriously surprised people were expecting an amazing game out of NStigate Games.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Sounds like a complete POS with no redeeming qualities, yet it scores a 4/10?

Anyway here's another review.

TheVitaMustLive

The general populous have been crippled on behest of the truly numerous hit driven titles that have landed on PlayStation Vita but with the latest title, +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++, THEY once again must burrow beneath their breezy wallets for more dough as +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++ is MOST stunning, radiant like a colourful bucket. Developed by devout TREYARCH cousins, Nihilistic Software(tm). +++Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified+++ takes the CALL OF DUTY to a wholesome level, gun banging has never been more offending...or ferocious. Controls work like a swinging charm as you quell superfluous targets and music is swelling, hellishly swell. This squashes competitor VIDEO GAMES ( ---3DS--- ) and rushes to a new era of online power play stretching beyond mankinds own will. Thank you.

:D
Upvoted.

Hoho at all those positive reviews by the way. Not suspect at all. Especially all those 10's given by accounts who have only rated this game. I don't understand at all why anyone would go to the trouble of trying to fix Metacritic user reviews. But history has proven that it does happen.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="Comduter"]What does Sony have to do with it? They didn't develop or even publish the game.

VendettaRed07

You have to blame Sony or you're not doing it right in System Wars.

Youre right it isn't directly their fault. But come on. I've bought the vita right when it came out because I loved the psp. But this thing is crap. Every single game flops. This game flopping wouldn't bother me if litterally every other game didn't as well. They have released close to nothing of quality for this system at all.

So you let other people decide what you think is quality? Reviews are opinions. Monster Hunter for example barring Tri on the Wii has always scored terrible in the U.S. and yet it's one of Japans biggest franchises and has a decent size fanbase in the U.S. / Europe. If you haven't played said games then you really don't know their quality. Who cares what a gaming site said is a flop. Play it yourself and decide.
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
I wonder if the fact that the game is $50 and that reviewers had to pay for the game themselves had anything to do with the score? Oh well, I'll pick up a Vita sometime this holiday season after selling my 360 but this game sounds like it would've fared 10 times better if it was a $20-$30 game. Hell, they could've just made a Call of Duty Zombies game with some maps, multiplayer, and a single player that would easily make a good Vita shooter.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 FlamesOfGrey
The game is completely sold out on Amazon. com. Call Of Duty will sale regardless of quality.
GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Holy sh*t, the damage control in this thread is so rampant.charizard1605
Where's the damage control? :?

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

Handhelds, phones, tablets and Nintendo's stuff sucks.

PC, PS3 and 360 are where all good reviews are coming from.

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts
The game is completely sold out on Amazon. com. Call Of Duty will sale regardless of quality.FlamesOfGrey
Hopefully that's because Amazon only stocked 25 copies.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#109 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
Publisher seriously need to hire some talented developers to develop these types of franchises on handhelds. Even though this game may in fact suck, it will sell well and move some Vita's. Im pretty sure Killzone Mercenaries will be pretty good considering Guerilla is developing it.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 FlamesOfGrey
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]The game is completely sold out on Amazon. com. Call Of Duty will sale regardless of quality.RavenLoud

Who knows but I doubt they'd stack that low for a COD game. They have more copies then that of the Niche PSP SRPG Ragnarok Tactics that just came out.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="RavenLoud"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]The game is completely sold out on Amazon. com. Call Of Duty will sale regardless of quality.FlamesOfGrey

Who knows but I doubt they'd stack that low for a COD game. They have more copies then that of the Niche PSP SRPG Ragnarok Tactics that just came out.

Well it's a PSV game.

PSV software sells bad across the board, due to the low install base.

Naturally shipments are small, even if it's CoD. This is the probable scenario, even though the possibility that this game will be a huge system selling hit exists, I doubt that's the case.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#112 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

The game is completely sold out on Amazon. com. Call Of Duty will sale regardless of quality.FlamesOfGrey

Word of mouth and reviews will kill the sales long term. MW2 ranged from great to terrible based on who you asked, whereas this just looks like a straight up low-quality product that virtually no one will stick up for.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]The game is completely sold out on Amazon. com. Call Of Duty will sale regardless of quality.Cherokee_Jack

Word of mouth and reviews will kill the sales long term. MW2 ranged from great to terrible based on who you asked, whereas this just looks like a straight up low-quality product that virtually no one will stick up for.

Youtube reviews are actually giving it pretty good reviews all things considered.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

[QUOTE="Comduter"]

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Sony is seriously so incompitent. All they know how to do is disappoint and bleed money.

FlamesOfGrey

What does Sony have to do with it? They didn't develop or even publish the game.

You have to blame Sony or you're not doing it right in System Wars.

No. That's too stupid a thing to do in any forum. I'll just be logical amd blame those who deserve it. The animal labeling thing is dumb enough. Why dumb it down even more?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Holy sh*t, the damage control in this thread is so rampant.GamingGod999

I think most cows have come to terms that the vita is basically dead.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FlamesOfGrey

[QUOTE="GamingGod999"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Holy sh*t, the damage control in this thread is so rampant.Shinobishyguy

I think most cows have come to terms that the vita is basically dead.

No, just us Vita owners aren't blind enough to defend crappy games. The PS Vita has quite a few quality games on it, COD: Declassified is not one of them.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#117 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Not surprised. Resistance burning skies got boring pretty quick. I just don't know why activision couldn't get better devs to do the portable game. Oh well. Looks like I'm waiting for killzone mercenary. At least guerrilla is doing it and killzone 2 and 3 were great games.
meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#118 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

I remember before the Vita was released the battlecry for cows was how great the Vita game library was and that is why it would crush the 3DS. This was even one of the games mentioned along with others and it was also said how once this game launched the CoD fanbase would eat this up. CanYouDiglt
you are right about that. the delusions of cows sometimes seriously frightens me.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#119 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
Aaaactually never mind on that Vita. Think I'm just going to continue with my DS games buying binge.
Nozizaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#120 Nozizaki
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
So it's better than BLOPs 2?
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

PSV flops once again, they didn't even adversive the game at all.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#122 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

HaloPimp978
I saw quite a few ads for it today.
sonic1564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 sonic1564
Member since 2008 • 3265 Posts

Silly lems, even this game is better than Halo 4. It even has better graphics than Halo 4 and graphics only matter in a videog game.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#124 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

[QUOTE="HaloPimp978"]

Blabadon

I saw quite a few ads for it today.

Why wait until today BO2 had ads 3 weeks before it came out, this game should have gotten the same treatment. Because its COD and I bet some people didn't even know about it.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#125 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Well, I caved in and got it today...and I'm glad I did. I dont get COD for single player, so I dove right into multiplayer. There are some issues, but overall, this is most definitely intense COD goodness on the go.

1) Graphics are solid. they aren't console good, but they arent bad either. I would say Unit 13 graphics are maybe a little better. NFS Most Wanted graphics are not really any better so I think we are seeing devs dial back on those to maintain console level content and framerate.

2) Gameplay...all COD. The maps are smaller but intricate enough you dont feel cheated. its perfect for the 4v4 games. Even with only 8 players there is constant action. They do have Nuketown haha. Its based off Black ops, so you have the same type of weapons. I was running around with the default shotgun loadout (Stakeout). Your player moves pretty fast, so the pacing is very similar to console COD. You swipe knife and throw grenades by the touch screen. Game modes are Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Free for All, some sort of Tactical mode which rotates all modes, and a bomb planting mode I cant remember. I was playing mostly Kill Confirmed.

3) Issues...it crashes. Ive had a few times where the game crashes out of online mode. I wish I could say this is a Vita issue, but its pretty similar to problems you find on the consoles versions every now and then. It happened to me 3 times in the first night of play. Also, you occassionally have issues connecting to players at the lobby start. I found this the most trying to get into Team Deathmatch which most people are probably playing.

4) Sound effects. The guns dont sound that good. In fact the Stakeout sounds like a paint ball gun. The music soundtrack is right out of Black Ops. Everything else seems to sound about right, from the perks to the killstreaks, etc.

Overall, Im giving it an 8.0. Its not perfect, but its definitely fun and something I cant wait to get back to playing...like right now haha.

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Has GameSpot reviewed it yet?

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I never had any interest in the game and wasnt expecting much.. I would only have considered this game if it was being developed by a talented Studio..

Looks like i'll have to wait for Killzone to play a good FPS title on PSV...

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Well, I caved in and got it today...and I'm glad I did. I dont get COD for single player, so I dove right into multiplayer. There are some issues, but overall, this is most definitely intense COD goodness on the go.

1) Graphics are solid. they aren't console good, but they arent bad either. I would say Unit 13 graphics are maybe a little better. NFS Most Wanted graphics are not really any better so I think we are seeing devs dial back on those to maintain console level content and framerate.

2) Gameplay...all COD. The maps are smaller but intricate enough you dont feel cheated. its perfect for the 4v4 games. Even with only 8 players there is constant action. They do have Nuketown haha. Its based off Black ops, so you have the same type of weapons. I was running around with the default shotgun loadout (Stakeout). Your player moves pretty fast, so the pacing is very similar to console COD. You swipe knife and throw grenades by the touch screen. Game modes are Team Deathmatch, Kill Confirmed, Free for All, some sort of Tactical mode which rotates all modes, and a bomb planting mode I cant remember. I was playing mostly Kill Confirmed.

3) Issues...it crashes. Ive had a few times where the game crashes out of online mode. I wish I could say this is a Vita issue, but its pretty similar to problems you find on the consoles versions every now and then. It happened to me 3 times in the first night of play. Also, you occassionally have issues connecting to players at the lobby start. I found this the most trying to get into Team Deathmatch which most people are probably playing.

4) Sound effects. The guns dont sound that good. In fact the Stakeout sounds like a paint ball gun. The music soundtrack is right out of Black Ops. Everything else seems to sound about right, from the perks to the killstreaks, etc.

Overall, Im giving it an 8.0. Its not perfect, but its definitely fun and something I cant wait to get back to playing...like right now haha.

-ArchAngeL-777-
nice short review. i cant wait to get it.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

I don't know if this was posted before, but GS has a Now Playing video of it up.

Notice how Carol is facepalming in the thumbnail.

Slashkice

Actually doesnt look as bad as initially feared, though I wish Treyarch had been at the helm.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#131 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

I don't know if this was posted before, but GS has a Now Playing video of it up.

Notice how Carol is facepalming in the thumbnail.

Zaibach

Actually doesnt look as bad as initially feared, though I wish Treyarch had been at the helm.

Well, if IGN's review is anything to go by (or any of the reviews on Metacritic), it's bad all right.