Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare-November 14, 2014

• 157 results
#101 Edited by uninspiredcup (8262 posts) -

9.5 amazing. Advertisers choice award.

#102 Edited by yokofox33 (29502 posts) -

Please make it stop... No more CoD.

#103 Posted by hoosier7 (3784 posts) -

Kevin Spacey might just make this game bearable. I don't get why his character model looks so much worse than some of the others though, the animations on him and lack of detail remind me of Rainbow Six V2 for some reason and that game's six years old.

#104 Posted by tormentos (17666 posts) -

Rumors said that , this will be current gen only title and will only be coming to PS4 , X1 and PC . Old gen consoles won't hold back this game and now this trailer confirms that Activision is not going to do so .

If the PS4,PC are the lead platforms there is nothing to worry,and they just scale it down to PS3 and 360,i don't think the xbox 360 was the lead platforms since the graphics look to good compare to Ghost..

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2325199/ps4_will_be_call_of_dutys_lead_platform.html

Then there is this leaked a few months ago.

As long as PC or PS4 are the lead platform it would be ok.

#105 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16427 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Desmonic said:

Gotta say, it does look better than Ghosts. I think all we've seen were cutscenes, but even those looked crappy in the last game. Sledgehammer's work showing?

Crappy.... or copy-pasted XD

Nah, crappy :P But seriously the models do look much more detailed and there some instances of smoke and fire which actually looked nice! lol

I'm guessing this time around the X1/PS4/PC version is the main build and the PS3/X360 are the crappy, second hand builds :P Still doesn't even touch BF4's graphical quality on the PS4/X1, but hey it's something! XD

Example(stolen from gaf):

That looks nice.

It doesn't look as good as some other games out there, or even Crysis 3, Killzone or Metro, but at least it's something.

#106 Posted by kipsta77 (984 posts) -

Nope.

#107 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2822 posts) -

Getting Spacey onboard was a good move, he is somewhat above average from your usual Hollywood garbage. I laughed when I saw the name though, advanced warfare, they are running out of words for these sequels lol. Last COD game I played was World at War, but will check this one out on release since it will be more be more next gen than Ghosts

#108 Edited by uninspiredcup (8262 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Please make it stop... No more CoD.

Time to save meric' agains motherfuckers.

Boot up

#109 Posted by donalbane (16246 posts) -

I just lot a tiny bit of respect for Kevin Spacey. Then again, his character played Killzone in House of Cards, so maybe it all balances out.

#110 Edited by bobbetybob (19248 posts) -
@hoosier7 said:

Kevin Spacey might just make this game bearable. I don't get why his character model looks so much worse than some of the others though, the animations on him and lack of detail remind me of Rainbow Six V2 for some reason and that game's six years old.

I think it's the animation more than the model, the upper half of his face barely seems to move which looks really weird and unnatural, especially for someone like Spacey who has such an expressive face.

#111 Edited by Vatusus (4587 posts) -

Same old shit, but shinnier

#112 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (470 posts) -

I'm surprised I'm interested. But I think that is most likely 100% due to Kevin Spacey being in it. He's my favorite actor, and he might be the reason I pick this up. Might be...

#113 Posted by dreamdude (4613 posts) -

What! Call of Duty? Gonna have to set aside $60 for this. Never know when the next one might come along and all.

#114 Edited by Jebus213 (8772 posts) -
@groowagon said:

i can't believe how many people are already hooked because of the flashy trailer

Shhh, let them get caught up in the hype like a bunch of pubescent 12 year olds.

#115 Edited by cooolio (458 posts) -

Looks OK . Graphics aren't anything special , you can clearly see low res shadows here and there . The game still feels like on rail shooter with scripted events after scripted events . Not convinced yet , may be gameplay will change my mind . Haven't even touched touched COD game for over 2 years now .

None of that sci fi stuff will be useful because the game will be linear and you'll only be able to use gadgets when the game will tell you . You still won't be able to carry more than 2 weapons , or use gadgets like old shooters . They should go a bit non linear with this series .

You know damn well that does graphics look good. I know that it is a COD, but that does not make it ugly. I hope that you are wrong about the gameplay because we do need more open levels.

#116 Edited by Desmonic (13739 posts) -
#117 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2928 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Looks OK . Graphics aren't anything special , you can clearly see low res shadows here and there . The game still feels like on rail shooter with scripted events after scripted events . Not convinced yet , may be gameplay will change my mind . Haven't even touched touched COD game for over 2 years now .

None of that sci fi stuff will be useful because the game will be linear and you'll only be able to use gadgets when the game will tell you . You still won't be able to carry more than 2 weapons , or use gadgets like old shooters . They should go a bit non linear with this series .

You know damn well that does graphics look good. I know that it is a COD, but that does not make it ugly. I hope that you are wrong about the gameplay because we do need more open levels.

Sorry but I am not "Oh look COD , so automatically it sucks" kinda guy . Just look at the trailer carefully , low res shadows here and there in the trailer . Those fire and smoke effects on bridge are also same old flat effects that rotate to face camera , those are not volumetric effects like benchmark games . Rest of the game looks linear as usual , any high end game from 4-5 years ago have better character models than those . Graphics are not bad but lot of games already look better .

#118 Posted by Heil68 (43921 posts) -

I'll rent and beat the SP campaign like I did the last 3 games.

#119 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11697 posts) -

Well, it doesn't look awful lel

#120 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2928 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Rumors said that , this will be current gen only title and will only be coming to PS4 , X1 and PC . Old gen consoles won't hold back this game and now this trailer confirms that Activision is not going to do so .

If the PS4,PC are the lead platforms there is nothing to worry,and they just scale it down to PS3 and 360,i don't think the xbox 360 was the lead platforms since the graphics look to good compare to Ghost..

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2325199/ps4_will_be_call_of_dutys_lead_platform.html

Then there is this leaked a few months ago.

As long as PC or PS4 are the lead platform it would be ok.

That was just a rumor , just like how they said it'll be WW1 based and will feature fantasy elements . If PS4 was lead platform then they would've shown footage from PS4 version . On other hand I don't care what the lead platform is , it is just another COD . I'll see how gameplay looks like first .

#121 Posted by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

We sure love to hate on COD. Say what you will but this game looks quite good. It's probably the biggest leap in graphics for a CODgame in awhile

#122 Edited by tormentos (17666 posts) -

That was just a rumor , just like how they said it'll be WW1 based and will feature fantasy elements . If PS4 was lead platform then they would've shown footage from PS4 version . On other hand I don't care what the lead platform is , it is just another COD . I'll see how gameplay looks like first .

It is a rumor..

And not that is not true at all Ghost was been advertise on PS4,even that it was first show on xbox one,and the lead platforms was the xbox 360,not the xbox one or PS4.

Activision has deals with MS so even if the PS4 version is the lead platform they can still show it on xbox one if they want to,and in fact it was on xbox one were ghost was first shown,even that it was not the xbox one the lead platform.

#123 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11697 posts) -

Poor sheep :(

#124 Edited by nini200 (9680 posts) -

And we have the movie game! All that's missing is Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt

The main character actually looks similar to the main character in Infamous: SS

I'm actually interested in this game quite a bit though. I didn't even bother with Ghosts as I don't like Infinity Ward but this one looks actually entertaining. I'll pick it up

#125 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Damn, I'm impressed. I'm in. They had to do some things different, so I'm glad for that. Nice!

#126 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4688 posts) -

This is the first proper next gen COD then.

#127 Edited by kinectthedots (1650 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Xbox One lead console? Hover bikes? Dead eyes still in character models? Shovelware?

I'M IN!!!!!!

lol, where does it say anywhere that xbone is the lead console?

All I see is that MS ponied up an undisclosed sum of money to make Activision promote the new Call of duty as if it was an xbox exclusive (nothing we haven't seen MS do before, same thing happened with Titanfall) except all of us know that isn't the case.

do you have a link for that lead console confirmation for this game?

#128 Posted by SwagSurf (3021 posts) -

The trailer is humiliating the American Government and political leaders.

#129 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Xbox One lead console? Hover bikes? Dead eyes still in character models? Shovelware?

I'M IN!!!!!!

lol, where does it say anywhere that xbone is the lead console?

All I see is that MS ponied up and undisclosed sum of money to make Activision promote the new Call of duty as if it was an xbox exclusive (nothing we haven't seen MS do before, same thing happened with Titanfall) except all of us know that isn't the case.

do you have a link for that lead console confirmation for this game?

I could personally care less about who is the lead console. I just thought the trailer looked great and was really well done for setting the mood and atmosphere for the next CoD. If those visuals are what I can expect on my Xbox One, and I'm sure they are still working on it, I'm impressed. If the PS4 version is higher resolution, oh well. Its the game that matters to me, and so far I gotta say I'm all in. New CoD, new Battlefield, more Titanfall DLC equals one hell of a great Fall.

#130 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4688 posts) -

@cooolio said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

Sorry but I am not "Oh look COD , so automatically it sucks" kinda guy . Just look at the trailer carefully , low res shadows here and there in the trailer . Those fire and smoke effects on bridge are also same old flat effects that rotate to face camera , those are not volumetric effects like benchmark games . Rest of the game looks linear as usual , any high end game from 4-5 years ago have better character models than those . Graphics are not bad but lot of games already look better .

And you know this how? Character models and animations are likely to surpass most FPS's apart from Killzone SF if it is not on PS3/360. The PC version might be one of the best looking games out. Even CoD Ghosts had better character models than most games of 2010 or 11. Trust you to analyze the graphics first and for most. Critics can never enjoy anything.

#131 Posted by CTR360 (7034 posts) -

looks very good i rent the ps4 version

#132 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (260 posts) -

I don't care what the "lead platform" is...The reveal of the game in motion is running on an Xbox One. And the Xbox One gets the maps first once again. That is ALL THAT MATTERS.

#133 Posted by finalstar2007 (25080 posts) -

Not that interested in this game or any upcoming FPS anymore.

I need games with some captivating stories, im starting to move away from FPS's and war games.

#134 Edited by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

Honestly pretty impressed. If first impressions aren't too bad, I might actually buy this.

#135 Posted by Seabas989 (10167 posts) -

Meh.

#136 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3534 posts) -

Hell yes!

#137 Posted by BattleSpectre (5982 posts) -

Hell yes!

Gomez has changed, it's amazing what plastic surgery can do these days.

#138 Posted by musicalmac (22962 posts) -

Extra triangles don't impress me anymore.

#139 Posted by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

So far I'm impressed but I need to see/read more. My guess is that this CoD will be very good but will serve as the "template" for other CoD's for the rest of the gen. After this one it will probably be back to copy and paste.

#140 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13805 posts) -

Dude, why does kevin spacey look like he's made of rubber?

Hopefully PS4's kevin spacey looks better than the Xbones rendition.

#141 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (2877 posts) -

I'll wait until some actual gameplay is shown rather than cut scenes and 3 seconds total of flashing to first person view.

#142 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I will buy one CoD game this gen and this will not be that one. I will wait for the next one or the one after that.

#143 Posted by RoccoHout (984 posts) -

Oh God its that time of the year again...

#144 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13805 posts) -

I'M IN!!!!!!

#145 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1937 posts) -

@emgesp said:

The visuals are by far a huge upgrade over Ghosts. Looks on par with BF4. I'm genuinely hyped for this game.

You high looks same. Top half of Spacey face does not move.

#146 Posted by lunar1122 (665 posts) -

I haven't played Call of Duty in 3 years.. Mainly only battlefield and as of lately a bit of titanfall.

This game might break that tendency.. The graphics are better so thank the imaginary gods for that. And finally they are changing something.. Energy weapons? with new gadgets.. They have my curiosity

#147 Edited by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -

Hey so quick question everyone, which company is more greedy, EA or Activision? I'm having a tough time deciding myself.

@nini200 said:

Super psyched for that movie.

#148 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

I'm annoyed by the fact that -- were this a new IP from another company -- the comments would no doubt be substantially more positive. As much as I prefer Battlefield as a series, I can't deny that this looks really cool, both graphically and conceptually for the series. Then again, I enjoyed Ghosts a fair amount as well for what it was; a fun, bombastic single-player romp, a genuinely well-conceived cooperative romp, and an occasionally fun online romp not to be treated like the religion that so many appear to be set on holding it to as standard, lest it be "shit once again."

Also, am I the only one who thought Ghosts graphics were pretty damned good, especially for last-gen? They were bloody impressive -- not in the grand scheme of gaming of course, but for last generation hardware, it was definitely a looker. Still looked rather good as well on current-gen and PC comparatively for the series, and last I checked Black Ops 2 wasn't terrible looking either, so a marked upgrade being so lambasted seems kind of uncalled for. But wait, it's CoD, that's right.

#149 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (454 posts) -
@jamejame said:

I'm annoyed by the fact that -- were this a new IP from another company -- the comments would no doubt be substantially more positive. As much as I prefer Battlefield as a series, I can't deny that this looks really cool, both graphically and conceptually for the series. Then again, I enjoyed Ghosts a fair amount as well for what it was; a fun, bombastic single-player romp, a genuinely well-conceived cooperative romp, and an occasionally fun online romp not to be treated like the religion that so many appear to be set on holding it to as standard, lest it be "shit once again."

Also, am I the only one who thought Ghosts graphics were pretty damned good, especially for last-gen? They were bloody impressive -- not in the grand scheme of gaming of course, but for last generation hardware, it was definitely a looker. Still looked rather good as well on current-gen and PC comparatively for the series, and last I checked Black Ops 2 wasn't terrible looking either, so a marked upgrade being so lambasted seems kind of uncalled for. But wait, it's CoD, that's right.

It doesn't have to be from another developer, just a different publisher. The fact that Activision is involved basically means it will be a rushed game that HAS to be released by the holiday season.

Despite what I or anybody says, COD started as hugely innovative and great franchise, but Activision is a dick of a publisher that's just stuck to the same thing over and over and is slowly laying waste to its legacy. They basically forced Infinity Ward to fire the team that made COD4 and MW2 after they refused to make another Modern Warfare game, and that was when Activision lost my respect.

That being said, this does look pretty cool, but it's probably all just a facade.

#150 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2928 posts) -

Will see how gameplay looks like .