Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare-November 14, 2014

• 157 results
#1 Edited by mems_1224 (47254 posts) -

I know what you broskies are thinking. Its been such a long time since the last CoD game and your jonesing for a fix. Whats that? You want more Metal Gear in your CoD? You want armor that makes you jump 50 feet in the air? You want hover bikes? You want some f***ing Kevin Spacey??? Don't worry, Activision heard your pleas and has you covered.

Trailer and Pics

#2 Edited by emgesp (2154 posts) -

The visuals are by far a huge upgrade over Ghosts. Looks on par with BF4. I'm genuinely hyped for this game.

#3 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

Sorry but that looks pretty impressive. I haven't bought a COD game since BLOP2 so I'll pick this one up.

#4 Posted by princeofshapeir (14277 posts) -

"The following gameplay was captured on Xbox One"

No wonder it looks like shit

#5 Posted by kuu2 (7368 posts) -

Nope............

#6 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26577 posts) -

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#7 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

For decades I've felt that video games were missing a certain Spacey-ness. Thank you Activision.

#8 Edited by Magescrew (523 posts) -

I thought that said Advanced Warfighter at first...

#9 Posted by Basinboy (11233 posts) -

Pro: Kevin Spacey (even if he isn't playing Frank Underwood, but that'd be a rights nightmare to negotiate)

Con: Far too familiar to BLOPS 2, the worst CoD since WaW

#10 Edited by AcidTango (614 posts) -

That has to be one super cheesy trailer that I have seen recently.

#11 Posted by allthatdown (1227 posts) -

Kevin Spacey playing a similar character to Frank Underwood in House of Cards?!

Take my money Activision.

#12 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -
@emgesp said:

The visuals are by far a huge upgrade over Ghosts. Looks on par with BF4. I'm genuinely hyped for this game.

Looks no better than Ghosts to me.

#13 Posted by Couth_ (10166 posts) -

Fuk when the first Modern Warfare came out I wanted them to make a Future Warfare so bad.. I haven't truly enjoyed a CoD since but I will keep my eye on this for that reason.. This is also a new developer on it. Not treyarch or infinity ward.

#15 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11416 posts) -

Looks pretty interesting, I'll keep an eye on it. The futuristic setting and more advanced weapons/gear should help shake things up, although... Knowing CoD, it won't change much.

#16 Posted by lostrib (37651 posts) -

what a surprise!

#17 Posted by emgesp (2154 posts) -

@Cranler said:
@emgesp said:

I don't know what trailer you watched, but the textures and lighting system are definitely a noticeable improvement over Ghosts.

#18 Edited by Bigboi500 (30008 posts) -

Only thing missing was Starhawks.

#19 Posted by jessejay420 (3840 posts) -

i just finished watching season 2 House of Cards and was left wanting more..

this will satisfy my appetite until season 3

#20 Edited by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

Do a barrel roll

#21 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26577 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

Pro: Kevin Spacey (even if he isn't playing Frank Underwood, but that'd be a rights nightmare to negotiate)

Con: Far too familiar to BLOPS 2, the worst CoD since WaW

Yea as far as im concerned MW3 and ghost are the worst COD so far.

#22 Posted by jessejay420 (3840 posts) -

@finalfantasy94: i agree.

and World at War was pretty fun imo.

#23 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25554 posts) -

They couldn't wait 3 days huh?

#24 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3660 posts) -

Looks OK . Graphics aren't anything special , you can clearly see low res shadows here and there . The game still feels like on rail shooter with scripted events after scripted events . Not convinced yet , may be gameplay will change my mind . Haven't even touched touched COD game for over 2 years now .

None of that sci fi stuff will be useful because the game will be linear and you'll only be able to use gadgets when the game will tell you . You still won't be able to carry more than 2 weapons , or use gadgets like old shooters . They should go a bit non linear with this series .

#25 Posted by silversix_ (14791 posts) -

I love Kevin, he's one of the best BUT CoD is just sad. Look at the eyes of every character, they look as dead as a stone and its kinda pathetic how every fking unveil of a CoD is in slow motion with american soldiers walking with their big epeens (meruca weapons fuck yeaaah,,,, not...). What is the next brand here? Are they gonna spam a new celebrity with every new call of duty and 50cent is in CoD 2015 as the main villain? Shit's disgusting

#26 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

what a twist!

#27 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

Advanced warfare?? do they dont have any original title or always choose generic titles?

either way this is another lame attept at hollywood blockbusture movie

#28 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@Cranler said:
@emgesp said:

I don't know what trailer you watched, but the textures and lighting system are definitely a noticeable improvement over Ghosts.

Looks no better than pc version of Ghosts in single player mode. BF 4 is much more advanced.

#29 Posted by Wanderer5 (25722 posts) -

*yawn*

Guess it looks pretty.

#30 Posted by RR360DD (11988 posts) -

Kevin Spacey!? I'm in.

#31 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

Woopty doo. This looks less interesting than... well, an extremely generic near future shooter...

'MURICA!

#32 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3660 posts) -

Lol , look at Box Art of Xbox 360 version behind Xbox One , at the end of the trailer . "Current Gen Only Title" , LMAO .

#33 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol , look at Box Art of Xbox 360 version behind Xbox One , at the end of the trailer . "Current Gen Only Title" , LMAO .

Whut?

#34 Posted by Masculus (2869 posts) -

So it wasn't Crysis franchise becoming a CoD clone after all, but CoD becoming Crysis? Power armor is making a big comeback.

#35 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10599 posts) -

Francis Underwood!!!!

#36 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

@Masculus said:

So it wasn't Crysis franchise becoming a CoD clone after all, but CoD becoming Crysis? Power armor is making a big comeback.

there is no way COD can become anything like original Crysis.

#37 Edited by Cloud_imperium (3660 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Whut?

Rumors said that , this will be current gen only title and will only be coming to PS4 , X1 and PC . Old gen consoles won't hold back this game and now this trailer confirms that Activision is not going to do so .

#38 Edited by jessejay420 (3840 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: thats President Underwood to you! :P

#39 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Looks awesome.

#40 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10599 posts) -

@jessejay420: Spoilers dude come on!

#41 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16630 posts) -

There is just something off about Kevin Spacey and it creeps me out every time I saw him in the video.

Sure, this looks much better than last years Ghost, but we all know Infinity lost all talent and creativity.

I hope that by Sledge focusing on futuristic and Infinity focusing on Modern times, Treyarch goes back to a historic setting i.e. WW2 or Vietnam.

#43 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

There is just something off about Kevin Spacey and it creeps me out every time I saw him in the video.

Sure, this looks much better than last years Ghost, but we all know Infinity lost all talent and creativity.

I hope that by Sledge focusing on futuristic and Infinity focusing on Modern times, Treyarch goes back to a historic setting i.e. WW2 or Vietnam.

every trailer of new COD game show they looks better than previous however we all know it will be once again on rail shooter with QTE, Heavily scripted, NPC open door.

very first COD was and always be best ever. no new COD game will surpass it.

#44 Edited by m3dude1 (1362 posts) -

looks fun, reminds me of elysium. graphically it still looks like it started development as a ps360 title tho.

#45 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3660 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@_Matt_ said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Whut?

Rumors said that , this will be current gen only title and will only be coming to PS4 , X1 and PC . Old gen consoles won't hold back this game and now this trailer confirms that Activision is not going to do so .

I thought the rumors were that it was also coming to last-gen BUT that this year they developed it with current-gen in mind. So Xbox One and PS4 as the main platform.

No rumors were it is current gen only title .

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rumor-2014-s-call-of-duty-game-is-called-patriots-set-during-world-war-1-and-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-pc-update/1100-6419317/

"It is reportedly in development for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC only, not Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or Wii U."

#46 Posted by lostrib (37651 posts) -

Ghosts was such a shit show even by COD standards that I'm extra wary of this

#47 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16630 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

every trailer of new COD game show they looks better than previous however we all know it will be once again on rail shooter with QTE, Heavily scripted, NPC open door.

No, Ghosts trailers looked beyond terrible, and nowhere near the quality of Blops II

Finally something we can agree on: COD, UO and CO2 will always be the best. The series went downhill from COD 3 onward and Ghost was where it hit rock bottom.

#48 Posted by IgGy621985 (4817 posts) -

Well, I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think this looks pretty damn good.

But given it's a Call of Duty title, it'll most probably suck :-(

#49 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16570 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

No, Ghosts trailers looked beyond terrible, and nowhere near the quality of Blops II

Finally something we can agree on: COD, UO and CO2 will always be the best. The series went downhill from COD 3 onward and Ghost was where it hit rock bottom.

Call of Duty 3 was rock bottom for Call of duty. Ghosts was just very average.

#50 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

this has to be a joke.