Call of Duty 4 Most Overrated Game in History of Gaming??

• 135 results
#101 Posted by jsmoke03 (12600 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Far cry 3 is not a good game. it was poor mans Crysis with some of the most bland design ever, see through walls, mark enemies, cover, press one button to heal, and Worst thing was. UNSKIPPABLE PAINFULLY CUTSCENE. Story was so bad that i want to skip cutscene but i cannot and it forced to watch horrible cheesy design cutscene.

i like how console gamers hate Crysis calling it tech demo yet they loved far cry 3 which is inferior Crysis with no suit power

In Far Cry 3 I never use the binocs. Crysis allows marking enemies.

You hate cover systems yet having a suit that allows invisibility and super fast sprinting to evade is ok.

Crysis has regen health. You can attack while healing in Crysis but cannot in FC 3 so FC 3 is more hardcore.

Far Cry 3's cover system works much better than the lean and peak in Crysis.

FC 3 is inferior because it doesn't have suit power? All fps are supposed to have suit powers now?

Funny how you choose to address only one part of my post.

or you could have just said that crysis was boring. i have all 3 farcrys but i found those games boring as well.

i know people dont like scripted corridor fps, i get that, but what i like is feeling the chaos of war which open world games dont make me feel. these corridor shooters give me a more tense feeling. open world fps make me feel like im in a mini skirmish that really doesnt make me feel like it matters. the best part of crysis was the ship portion....but that was over too quickly.

#102 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

or you could have just said that crysis was boring. i have all 3 farcrys but i found those games boring as well.

i know people dont like scripted corridor fps, i get that, but what i like is feeling the chaos of war which open world games dont make me feel. these corridor shooters give me a more tense feeling. open world fps make me feel like im in a mini skirmish that really doesnt make me feel like it matters. the best part of crysis was the ship portion....but that was over too quickly.

Half life 2 was corridor shooter, FEAR was corridor shooter, Doom 3 was Corridor Shooter. Riddick was corridor shooter

corridor shooter is not bad thing if done right. said games done corridor right. but when it done like modern cinematic games than its wrong.

#103 Edited by Cranler (8111 posts) -

@quakke said:
@Cranler said:

@quakke said:

@Cranler:

Great. You just really did turn this into "kids vs 20+".

Do you know why such a "simple" mantle thing is ignored in Half-Life? Because realism is way less fun than imagination. I rather do a fun intelligent little puzzle than have your lame CoD-style auto-climbing. Atleast Mirror's Edge let you mantle for real. YOU control what happens. You may hang from a ledge or you may climb it. Your CoD auto-climbing just sucks.

How is a puzzle intelligent when it defeats the purpose? Why couldn't valve imagine a puzzle that actually made sense for that part of the game? What's really funny is how Alyx can scale 4 story buildings while Gordon has to play around with cinderblocks to get up a 5ft ledge.

What would be the point of hanging from a ledge in a non platforming style fps?

It's a game, don't take it too hard. It's supposed to be fun and not logical. Same stuff applies here. I rather move 50mph and strafe dodging all the bullets like a mad man while firing, than have it be logical so that i have to sit behind cover aiming down my ironsights.

So you have limited taste in games? I enjoy cover shooters as well as over the top shooters like Serious Sam.

Your comparison is bad. Unrealism and nonsensical puzzles have nothing in common. God of War has tons of unrealistic puzzles but those puzzles don't contradict themselves like HL 2's seesaw puzzle.

#104 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16609 posts) -

No, GTAIV is. Followed by almost everything Rockstar has done.

#105 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3327 posts) -

Half Life 2 was a corrider shooter?

#106 Edited by padaporra (3389 posts) -

I'd say no. Modern Warfare was an superb FPS. It's no Half Life 2, but then, no FPS is.

#107 Edited by Gue1 (9345 posts) -

don't even care bro.

#108 Edited by Tighaman (719 posts) -

cod big red one>cod4 but i loved both of them

#109 Posted by jsmoke03 (12600 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

Half life 2 was corridor shooter, FEAR was corridor shooter, Doom 3 was Corridor Shooter. Riddick was corridor shooter

corridor shooter is not bad thing if done right. said games done corridor right. but when it done like modern cinematic games than its wrong.

so whats exactly your problem with cod then other than 10-15 second scripted in game cutscenes 1-2 a stage? im pretty sure you ranted about this sooo many times but i want to know what your deal is with the elitism mentality you have with games

#110 Posted by DivineSword (15740 posts) -

Wouldn't know since I have yet to play a CoD game.

#111 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@jsmoke03 said:

so whats exactly your problem with cod then other than 10-15 second scripted in game cutscenes 1-2 a stage? im pretty sure you ranted about this sooo many times but i want to know what your deal is with the elitism mentality you have with games

ppls buy COD is one of my biggest problem. because of it sell. dev dont make less creative games and more COD type games. and even ruined other games just so they can play it (crysis 2? Fear2?)

#112 Posted by organic_machine (9685 posts) -

I didn't like CoD 4 when it came out. I was more of a SP guy and I didn't like the SP campaign, although I respected the well thought out MP mode.

#113 Posted by ChristianGmr14 (153 posts) -

@christiangmr14 said:

really enjoyed COD 4, probably one of the best FPS games I have ever played along with BioShock, Halo Combat Evolved, and TimeSplitters

As gaming enthusiasts, we should be grateful for the COD series. It has expanded our hobby and attracted people to it who would have been non-gamers if they were never introduced to it.

1. You havenot played many qualtity FPS if u think it is while mention all crap like Halo, Timesplitter or bioshock aka Simple Shock. try playing Real PC FPS.

2. Thats i have problem with. introducing non gamer to gaming via COD and thus ruining industry. because of COD. EVERY OLD FPS IS NOW RUINED??

even new ones like Crysis to Crysis 2/3, Fear to Fear 2/3. all become CODised.

1. I can assure you that I certainly have. Those games I mentioned are not "crap" they are very enjoyable and have a large fanbase behind them (or in the case of TimeSplitters, used to). System Shock is a really old game, I haven't played that in YEARS! Good? At the time yes. By today's standards? Not so much, many of it's gameplay elements are very outdated, BioShock was intended to be the "Modern Day" version of System Shock, and they definitely did a great job at that.

2. I don't understand this argument. How is COD "ruining" the industry by turning previous non-gamers into gamers? If anything COD has helped the industry. I have Crysis 2 but never played Fear, but I don't feel that Crysis 2 is anything like COD, not even close. Two very different gameplay experiences. Have you played Crysis? What about COD? It's an odd comparison to make.

Regardless, if you dislike COD then simply don't play COD. It's not hard to do. COD is by no means my favorite FPS series, but I still find the games enjoyable. I have never played a bad COD game?

#114 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1296 posts) -

anyone else think COD4 is most overated game ever?

No, that position belongs to Metal Gear Solid 4.

#115 Posted by clone01 (24323 posts) -

@tormentos said:

First of all the FPS genre wasn't invaded or popularized by Halo,there were popular FPS on consoles before halo.

Second yeah COD4 by far was the greatest FPS of last gen in terms of how it set things in motion,it make FPS rewarding which is something it was missing,and the reason it is so love,instead of getting noting for killing people without dying you were rewarded with means to do even more destruction.

So yeah maybe is to old and some times abused in other genres,but it was great and done right is perfect and much better than what other FPS had done.

you sound like it was your First FPS ever.

COD4 is PERFECT EXAMPLE of how not to make FPS.

No EXPLORATION, Arrow show where u go, regen health, and worst thing is HEAVILY SCRIPTED!!.

but that it is so loved. i guess this is what ppls want. they dont want innovation, creavity. they want run gun easy cinematic with no skills

and COD4 was not even best COD game let alon best FPS ever. i remember when COD used to be good. even COD2 was good with regen health than COD4 came and not only ruined COD genre but whole FPS genre too.

Your're an idiot, jankorop.

#116 Posted by gamevet77 (172 posts) -

It created the whole genre of fps/rpg element shooter. Call of Duty has been played out for many years now but 4 was that brand new game we all wanted.

#117 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69539 posts) -

No its not.. it was worth its hype.

Yeah, you can't blame that, blame all the games coming after trying to copy or not changing anything in the genre

#118 Posted by quakke (166 posts) -

@christiangmr14:

You ask "how is CoD ruining the industry?". Well, listen up.. Since CoD has gotten almost as good sales as original HL had back in the day, people have started slacking significantly. "Why be innovative and try to come up with our own unique gameplay, when we can just take the CoD regen covershoot approach like everyone else and get good recviews?". Do you see the problem here? Since CoD is literally so stupid that it's not hard to develop (copy pasting decade old assets), nor hard to play, people have taken that approach and now pretty much 95% of videogames in general have gone into shallow CoDs without any value at all.

Tomb Raider 2013 was turned into Gears of CoD, Splinter Cells (Conviction, Blacklist) were turned into Gears of CoDs, Hitman Absolution were turned into Gears of CoDs, Resident Evil's newest iterations were turned into Gears of CoDs. All FPS in 2007-2014 has been CoD-clones. That should be enough. If you still don't see it, then it's time to open up your eyes.

@gamevet77:

You do know that Wolfenstein 3D created FPS back in 1992 already? CoD didn't create shit except this horrible horrible Spunkgargleweewee.

#119 Posted by stationplay_4 (442 posts) -

bioshock is the most overrated game

#120 Edited by quakke (166 posts) -

@Cranler:

Oh i have a very varied taste in games. FPS just happens to be my ultimate favorite. I enjoy genres from Sidescrolling all the way to Horror and Racing games. I enjoy pretty much every genre except RPG.

My comparison was not bad. Games started as fun, and now they are in some weird hole where everything must be realistic and thus super dull, since realism allows you to do only so much stuff compared to imagination. People gotta have quite desperate lives if they have to be able to do something in a videogame that they can do in real life also. I rather play games that allow me to do stuff that i normally could never do. I rather be a guy who hijacks cars in a moon scifi city than have a freakin shitting simulator, because shitting simulator is apparently what you are after since it's realistic.

#121 Posted by vashkey (33710 posts) -

No. I'd honestly say Half-Life 2 was more over rated.

#122 Edited by g0ddyX (3883 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

Honestly, if it were'nt for the COD series, there would be more shovelware and gimmicks.

Pfft. *falls off chair*

#123 Posted by charizard1605 (55283 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@g0ddyX said:

Honestly, if it were'nt for the COD series, there would be more shovelware and gimmicks.

Pfft. *falls off chair*

Why not post the shovelware and gimmicks on PlayStation and Xbox platforms too? ;)

#124 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

@g0ddyX said:

Pfft. *falls off chair*

no different between these and new COD. infact these games have more hardcore gameplay than COD

#125 Posted by clone01 (24323 posts) -

@SNIPER4321:

Sniper shittiest poster in forum history? Discuss.

#126 Posted by MWright469 (149 posts) -

Lol. If you don't like COD4, you pretty much suck dude. Sorry.

#127 Posted by quakke (166 posts) -

@mwright469:
Umm, no. CoD 4 is a lousy game for casuals. So yes it does suck.

#128 Posted by Rock-City (1229 posts) -

No sir, that would be Halo.

#129 Edited by cainetao11 (16436 posts) -

Nope. I think it was a great game, and a lot of fun. Further more its a completely subjective form of entertainment with NO objective BEST.

#130 Edited by cainetao11 (16436 posts) -

Another thread made by SNIPER just so he can whine.

really don't see why some like him play games.

#131 Posted by bforrester420 (1191 posts) -

I still think GTA IV was the most overrated game of all time.

#132 Edited by LustForSoul (5823 posts) -

COD4 was like AC2. It was a huge jump from the last game and was amazing at the time. So no, I don't think it was overrated.

#133 Posted by koko-goal (5 posts) -

AGREEEEEEED!

Call of Dooddy 4 is awfully overrated.

#134 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (483 posts) -

I use to like COD then it was all about WWII. I Believe World at War was the last. 4 was good, but I think it was overrated too shit. New CODs are horrible imo. ( Its just the same damn thing)

#135 Posted by Cranler (8111 posts) -

@quakke said:

@Cranler:

Oh i have a very varied taste in games. FPS just happens to be my ultimate favorite. I enjoy genres from Sidescrolling all the way to Horror and Racing games. I enjoy pretty much every genre except RPG.

My comparison was not bad. Games started as fun, and now they are in some weird hole where everything must be realistic and thus super dull, since realism allows you to do only so much stuff compared to imagination. People gotta have quite desperate lives if they have to be able to do something in a videogame that they can do in real life also. I rather play games that allow me to do stuff that i normally could never do. I rather be a guy who hijacks cars in a moon scifi city than have a freakin shitting simulator, because shitting simulator is apparently what you are after since it's realistic.

Again, realism and contradictory puzzles are very different things. Did you miss where i mentioned God of War? It has the most unrealistic puzzles but they make sense in the game world unlike that silly cinderblock puzzle in HL 2.

So you can go cover shooting in real life with no consequences?

#136 Posted by cainetao11 (16436 posts) -

No. It was a fun game, with a cool campaign and the MP was fun when it came out. I know "cinematic" and "linear" are seen as raping the Pope by you, but those games can be entertaining also. To each their own, because this is a subjective form of entertainment but sometimes I think you need to lighten up, stop analyzing and comparing games and allow yourself to have some fun with them.

#137 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9646 posts) -

You Remind me of Shane, from Season 2 of amc's The Walking Dead.

Even though he was right about alot of things he was a colossol dick about it so nobody ever agreed with him.

So work on your presentation and you just might change things.

#138 Posted by speedfog (2962 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

anyone else think COD4 is most overated game ever?

No, that position belongs to Metal Gear Solid 4.