Bungie: See You Starside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

There should be a stage in every product where the ludicrous is thought possible, where the team blazes trails right to the edge of the abyss in a hundred directions. Only through great risks are great things truly achieved.

Destiny has always represented a new beginning for our team. It was born from brave possibilities. We dreamed of a renewed and independent Bungie. We found partners willing to bet big on some crazy new ideas with us.

We first shared the design pillars of Destiny less than one year ago. We promised to redefine what players should expect from a Bungie game. We said we wanted to change the way people play games together. We set our bar high. For us, Destiny represents a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Since then, Destiny has continued to reveal its promise. Every new build brings us closer to our original vision. With those goals in sight, we intend to use every moment from now until the release of the game to ensure that Destiny lives up to your expectations, and our own.

Today, in partnership with Activision, we are proud to announce that the worldwide launch of Destiny will happen on September 9th. Accordingly, the Destiny Beta will kick off in the summer of 2014, available first on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

The early support and enthusiasm for Destiny has been inspiring and humbling. We believe this is the right decision for our game, our studio, and our passionate community. Thank you for coming along with us on this adventure.

See you starside.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

On the dream cast 15 year anniversary wow I can't believe it's been that long

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Thank goodness, gives me 6 months worth of Titanfall before Destiny completely monopolizes my FPS gaming time for the next 5-8 years.

I could honestly survive the next 7 years of gaming on pretty much Destiny, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Killer Instinct and Elder Scrolls. Not that those are the only games I'll play, but if those were the only games I had, I'd be just fine.

Not as much time for gaming as I used to have anyway, better to spend ridiculous amounts of time in a few great games than speed-run through dozens for achievement points imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I'll keep an eye on it. It definitely seems more interesting than Halo. Still doubt it'll change my opinion on FPS

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Whatever hype I had for this game has dropped because of how far away the release date is.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

Whatever hype I had for this game has dropped because of how far away the release date is.

Guess you won't be hyped for the next Zelda. :P

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bbkkristian

@Xaero_Gravity: ...guess not, lol it's in the Vaporware hype level with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

Thank goodness, gives me 6 months worth of Titanfall before Destiny completely monopolizes my FPS gaming time for the next 5-8 years.

I could honestly survive the next 7 years of gaming on pretty much Destiny, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Killer Instinct and Elder Scrolls. Not that those are the only games I'll play, but if those were the only games I had, I'd be just fine.

Not as much time for gaming as I used to have anyway, better to spend ridiculous amounts of time in a few great games than speed-run through dozens for achievement points imo.

Nothing wrong with being hyped for a game but damn you're setting yourself up to be letdown

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

i feel the same way. back at e3 I knew damn well there would be other E3 with destiny in it.

Whats funny is bungie has been working behind scenes on destiny since 2007 when halo 3 was done

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xaero_Gravity

@bbkkristian said:

@Xaero_Gravity: ...guess not, lol it's in the Vaporware hype level with Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3.

You're on thin ice here, boy.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

I've been reading through some of the comments on Bungie's website regarding this specific post...and they make me want to throw up.

Having a mature, thoughtful interaction with your gaming community is like trying to teach quantum physics to a dead turkey. You really are dealing with the lowest echelons of human excrement.

The game is releasing too soon!!! OMG, teh game is teh rushed, rehash, $$$$ sell out!!!!

The game is releasing too far from now!!! OMG, teh game is teh delayed hype-killer let down!!!!!

OMG, Bungie hates teh Xbox because teh beta is firsts on teh playstations. Likes WTF!!!!!

The concept that Bungie is trying to build excitement in a gaming community (Playstation) that hasn't had any exposure to Bungie games (ever?) is completely incomprehensible. Plus, Activision already has a special deal with Microsoft regarding exclusive content for its other big shooter, Call of Duty.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bbkkristian

@Xaero_Gravity: why because The Last a Guardian isn't on there as well?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xaero_Gravity

@bbkkristian said:

@Xaero_Gravity: why because The Last a Guardian isn't on there as well?

xO

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@Bruin1986 said:

The concept that Bungie is trying to build excitement in a gaming community (Playstation) that hasn't had any exposure to Bungie games (ever?) is completely incomprehensible. Plus, Activision already has a special deal with Microsoft regarding exclusive content for its other big shooter, Call of Duty.

That has been going on for a while on B.net

said:

I don't know man, Valve doesn't need to introduce themselves to the console market in order to be a success. Bungie is a known studio and what they are known for is one of the greatest FPS series ever - I don't/can't buy that this Bungie trying to introduce themselves to a new market.

Where was the congratulations on launching the Xbox One video? Why even put one out for the PS4?

To be completely honest, I see Activision as the multi-platform side of Destiny and Bungie as the PlayStation exclusive side.

____

Together, you and I have been on bungie.net for 14 nearing 15 or maybe even 16 years. The vast majority of that time has been spent with the Xbox with a Bungie title, yes? That is why some people are upset that the Xbox is being completely neglected whenever Bungie mentions Destiny (save for when they promote it).

Because even after Step 6 was completed, it was said, by Bungie, that they still held Microsoft in the highest regards and would look forward to continuing their friendship.

My point is this: I find it very easy to see why some people are...confused as to the direction Bungie is going. Or at least why the Xbox platform is being completely and utterly ignored when it comes to Destiny.

That was my response to the matter to someone who someone who said basically what you are saying now: http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post?id=62722188&path=1

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Destiny?

10/10 would bang

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Spartan070 said:

Nothing wrong with being hyped for a game but damn you're setting yourself up to be letdown

Nah, Bungie says they have a 10-year plan. Obviously I'm not sure about 10 years but I believe they are chucking all their next-gen eggs in this basket and I have faith they'll deliver solid material for at least 5-8 years via sequels and expansions.

7th Column, Bungie faithful. Even own 2 copies of ONI. Trust Bungies' word over any other dev.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

My birthday is on September 19th. Which one of you lovely folk would love to give me a gift I'll never forget?..... yeah that's what I thought.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I had a laugh while reading the comments section of this article.

I hope this game delivers.The hype will be huge!

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Can you play this game as singleplayer lone wolf? I don't want other players to ruin my experience by rush/blitzing objectives or shouting in my ear.