Bungie Says It Loves Xbox and PlayStation Fans Equally

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

**** YOU, BUNGIE. YOU STABBED YOUR LONG TIME FANS IN THE BACK!!!!

And so on, and so forth. Has the shitstorm that's been brewing at Bungie.net calmed down yet?

Well, we shouldn't worry. Not the cows nor the lems. Bungie loves us all equally, except for sheep and hermits.Tough shit.

“Loving a good game and the hard-working developers who create it is not a console exclusive.”

and

"We make games here at Bungie. We love the people who play them equally.”

So, don't worry. Despite all the money being thrown around, Bungie still loves us all. Except they love money more, but who can blame them.

HAHATJSKDQMMQS

Thoughts? Full of shit or legit?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

U do know Activision is one whos paying all the bills. Even though bungie owns ip, I bet they have some sort agreement lets them make businesses decissions like this.

And who really cares.... ooo little extra dance moves and mission that won't mean nothing to the a story.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

That's nice Bungie said that and I don't suspect PR at all /S. Activision sunk over half a billion dollars on this series...

Now that Bungie said those nice words, go reserve their game, get ready to Beta test their game, and eventually buy their game.

It should be noted their stated goal is graphical parity as well. After the PS4 Alpha looking like a PS360 game, I'm not surprised.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#4  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

This is PR bro.

Although, what dev wouldn't like the people who like their games?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Kinda does seem like Bungie is turning their back on the fanbase that made them. Whether it was their decision or not, Destiny is being pushed as a PS4 exclusive in all the ads and its alienating their Xbox fanbase. Cant really blame people for being upset at them.

Personally, I dont really care. Destiny doesn't even look that interesting to me right now.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

Still bungie best and only good game is Marathon.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Don't understand the butthurt. It's part of the business whatevs.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Happy that Bungie dumped that Halo garbage and left it to the casual Xbots. And Destiny looks great on ps4.

And LOL at Bungie pushing their game for PS4. Xbox fans being dumped on like always, meanwhile they are left with 343 making Halo crap. LOL

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@k2theswiss said:

U do know Activision is one whos paying all the bills. Even though bungie owns ip, I bet they have some sort agreement lets them make businesses decissions like this.

And who really cares.... ooo little extra dance moves and mission that won't mean nothing to the a story.

Oh yeah, but (not all) people aren't really lashing out at Activision for this. I've seen a lot of Bungie hatred, so I decided to roll with that.

I honestly don't care, since I have no interested in this, but it does remind me of situations like FF13 for 360. Death threats and everything. Classy stuff.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

XBox fangirls must be crying up a storm. It seems like they have to make a statement every other week to calm the tears and butthurt. Those fangirls chose to wall up on that sucky console rather than face the music and get a PS4. Such is the way when the pendulum swings.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Bungie loves Xbox and Playstation fans... but Playstation fans only love Playstation and hate Xbox.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Suppaman100

LOL at Bungie pushing their game on PS4, forgetting about Xbox fans. Meanwhile Xbots are getting dumped on like always and are left with mediocre Halo crap by 343. Just LOL!

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

More to the point, it's the console makers who approach the publishers to make deals (offering the cash for the rights). Not the devs or publishers who say, "Here we made this game but we like you (platform) so we want to offer a little something extra. Interested?"

Just as it was last gen when Microsoft was so aggressive with the multiplat DLC (GTA IV, Tomb Raider Underworld, etc...) this time it's Sony who took initiative with Destiny.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

And wii u fans. Don't forget Destiny is practically nailed on for the wii u if this board's wild speculation is to be believed.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Insomniac Games Loves “Microsoft & Sony Fans Equally;”

The only loyal dev are Kojima Productions and Atlus. They have never abandoned PlayStation fans, not even once. Meanwhile the likes of Capcom, Square, Namco, etc. They always tried to distance themselves from PlayStation only to fail. In the case of Namco they at least learned their lesson. [now that I think about it Atlus did stab us in the back a couple of times by making both Persona Q and SMT4 exclusive to the 3DS. Meanwhile they tried to balance things out by releasing a crappy dancing game for Vita...]

But Capcom once tried to make Resident Evil exclusive to Nintendo even though the franchise started on PlayStation and most of their fans were there. They denied Vita players of Monster Hunter games. Square-Enix made most of its JRPG's exclusive to the X360 and so on. Mistwalker has never even made a single game for PlayStation even though all Sakaguchi's games have seen the most success on Sony platforms.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

LOL at Bungie pushing their game on PS4, forgetting about Xbox fans. Meanwhile Xbots are getting dumped on like always and are left with mediocre Halo crap by 343. Just LOL!

Bungie (nor Activision) didn't "push" anything. Destiny is on all capable platforms. It's Sony that pushed for the exclusive content deal. Not the other way around.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By remiks00

@freedomfreak said:

@k2theswiss said:

Oh yeah, but (not all) people aren't really lashing out at Activision for this. I've seen a lot of Bungie hatred, so I decided to roll with that.

I honestly don't care, since I have no interested in this, but it does remind me of situations like FF13 for 360. Death threats and everything. Classy stuff.

Exactly, same shit. Different day. Both fanboy factions are idiots that need to realize that most of these publishers don't love you lol; and you're not entitled to shit. Bungie's owners (Activision) love whoever is throwing the most money their way, the devs don't really have a voice. Sony paid for exclusive content. This is just PR, nothing more; nothing less.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Gue1 said:

The only loyal dev are Kojima Productions and Atlus. They have never abandoned PlayStation fans, not even once. Meanwhile the likes of Capcom, Square, Namco, etc. They always tried to distance themselves from PlayStation only to fail. In the case of Namco they at least learned their lesson.

But Capcom once tried to make Resident Evil exclusive to Nintendo even though the franchise started on PlayStation and most of their fans were there. They denied Vita players of Monster Hunter games. Square-Enix made most of its JRPG's exclusive to the X360 and so on. Mistwalker has never even made a single game for PlayStation even though all Sakaguchi's games have seen the most success on Sony platforms.

*rubs temples* Good gravy. You know, this is EXACTLY why people game on more than one console. Gaming should not have to revolve around one company and one platform. Not even Sony.

Also, do you know why RE went to other platforms at the time? Shinji Mikami was pissed off with Sony, proving that even they alienate developers, much like MS and Ninty.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Happy that Bungie dumped that Halo garbage and left it to the casual Xbots. And Destiny looks great on ps4.

And LOL at Bungie pushing their game for PS4. Xbox fans being dumped on like always, meanwhile they are left with 343 making Halo crap. LOL

@Suppaman100 said:

Well, Suppaman is back. Prepare to have your IQ's drop like like a fat guy falling from an airplane.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Suppaman100

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Well, Suppaman is back. Prepare to have your IQ's drop like like a fat guy falling from an airplane.

You don't need to worry, you don't have a lot to lose in that regard.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

They had to address this "issue"?.Gaming community is filled with sensitive people.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By remiks00

@Gue1 said:

The only loyal dev are Kojima Productionsand Atlus. They have never abandoned PlayStation fans, not even once. Meanwhile the likes of Capcom, Square, Namco, etc. They always tried to distance themselves from PlayStation only to fail. In the case of Namco they at least learned their lesson. [now that I think about it Atlus did stab us in the back a couple of times by making both Persona Q and SMT4 exclusive to the 3DS. Meanwhile they tried to balance things out by releasing a crappy dancing game for Vita...]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojima_Productions

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

Good lord, gamers are a whiny, prissy bunch of 12-year old girls.

OMG Bungiez, why you no make me your gamzors!!!!!!????

Get over yourself. Bungie made Xbox exclusives for over a decade. Many Playstation gamers have likely never played a Bungie title and therefore it makes sense to get the Playstation fanbase interested in their game, as they already have a devoted Xbox fanbase.

Chill out people.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts
@Suppaman100 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

I'm sure his remaining IQ will still be higher than yours

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Their love is my drug.

Loading Video...

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

@remiks00 said:

@Gue1 said:

The only loyal dev are Kojima Productionsand Atlus. They have never abandoned PlayStation fans, not even once. Meanwhile the likes of Capcom, Square, Namco, etc. They always tried to distance themselves from PlayStation only to fail. In the case of Namco they at least learned their lesson. [now that I think about it Atlus did stab us in the back a couple of times by making both Persona Q and SMT4 exclusive to the 3DS. Meanwhile they tried to balance things out by releasing a crappy dancing game for Vita...]

Best MGS version.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By remiks00

@wolverine4262: teh love drug. Good stuff. :P

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Suppaman100

@CroidX said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

I'm sure his remaining IQ will still be higher than yours

Lol another butthurt lemming who's feelinzzz got hurt rushes in to help his lemming buddy. LOL

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By remiks00
@ladyblue said:

@remiks00 said:

Best MGS version.

One of the best in the series, definitely.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Bungie says.... "We love MONEY equally."

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Their business decisions fly in the face of that line, but I believe they do.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

@SolidTy said:

That's nice Bungie said that and I don't suspect PR at all /S. Activision sunk over half a billion dollars on this series...

Now that Bungie said those nice words, go reserve their game, get ready to Beta test their game, and eventually buy their game.

It should be noted their stated goal is graphical parity as well. After the PS4 Alpha looking like a PS360 game, I'm not surprised.

are you in the beta, Ty?

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

actions speak louder than words n bungie giving playatation more love. game recognize game n bungie smooth for saying they got love for all to keep them in check but at the end of the day bungie comes home to big daddy sony by giving them the best version exclusive content n first in line for everything

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol another butthurt lemming who's feelinzzz got hurt rushes in to help his lemming buddy. LOL

@_SWAG_ said:

actions speak louder than words n bungie giving playatation more love. game recognize game n bungie smooth for saying they got love for all to keep them in check but at the end of the day bungie comes home to big daddy sony by giving them the best version exclusive content n first in line for everything

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Hope you guys don't actually think devs make all the decisions about the game. They just make the content, there's a ton of other people thinking of ways to make moneyyyy.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Deliberate PR stunt but i would do it too. Its best for business.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Blah blah blah PR. What do you expect them to say?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Why are people typing like thissssss? It really isn't coollllllll.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

It is what it is.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nobody could love lemmings.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58928 Posts

My friends, Bungie single handedly ruined the FPS genre. Retract the emotionally transparency regarding perceived betrayal, since, if you like Halo, chances are you never liked FPS in the first place. PC for FPS.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

And Nintendo fans are blotted out of memory, like the special drooling cousin who lives in the barn.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

It's PR, but you know these game companies/corporations don't give a shit about fans right ? They just want the $$$$

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#47 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, Bungie single handedly ruined the FPS genre. Retract the emotionally transparency regarding perceived betrayal, since, if you like Halo, chances are you never liked FPS in the first place. PC for FPS.

That's fascinating. Tell us more.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Well, I imagine Bungie is most certainly taking money from Sony, after all it was Bungie that was at Sony's E3 and we'll probably see TV spots for Destiny ending with the Sony/PS4 logo. That's typical of many multiplatform games though, MS or Sony might offer to pay or supplement advertising in exchange for their logo so people associate the game with their system, even if it's available for multiple systems. Now, money for that can only go so far...

So, if it's the case that Sony isn't actually paying Bungie any additional funds and yet Bungie is kowtowing to Sony with DLC and beta access with no additional financial incentive, yeah that would be something that some I'd imagine would get upset over. If however Sony paid additional funds for the beta and exclusive DLC then I don't see what the issue is.

If I were Bungie though, my diplomatic approach would be to explain that they realize the contentiousness between console supporters from both the Xbox and PlayStation sides of console gaming. I'd explain that Bungie is well aware and appreciates the longtime support of Xbox gamers with respect to the Halo series. I'd justify any Sony support though on the lines of trying to open up their marketability to a wider audience who might have not have been exposed to Bungie's previous games, and by no means meant to alienate Xbox supporters. Explain that any olive branch Bungie has offered Sony gamers was merely meant to break any negative reputation Bungie might have with fervent Sony supporters who might have badmouthed Bungie over the previous years when they're were with Microsoft.

ziggy-mandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 ziggy-mandias
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I don't see what the fuss is all about with all this complaining!

So what PS4 gets Exclusive TIMED content which means it will be out on Xbox at some point. You don't see Playstation gamers complaining that Microsoft paid for the Battlefield and CoD DLC to appear on xbox first. Also if I remember rightly it was Xbox gamers several years ago using in arguments "PS3 was rubbish they have no games. We got Forza, Fable, Gears of War and Halo."
Now I was a 360 Gamer pretty much 99% of last generation of gaming. Didn't really look into Playstation games has I saw the PS3 as a glorified Blu-Ray player. Hell I still do think its that.. But I own one. As well as a Xbox 360.

Now bungie came out last year at E3 stating that this exclusive content was coming to PS4 and yet those people who are complaining and bitching are now stating Bungie screwed them? If that tiny bit of content for Destiny is what you call being screwed and it was that important. I have one question. Why did you buy an Xbox One knowing that bit of content for Destiny is going to be on PS4 and NOT XboxOne. Hello... you have sunset overdrive, dead rising 3, ryse, killer instinct... HALO do I need to continue. Your purchase was based upon the games you wanted on that system not whether or not you got some extra content on Destiny.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Kinda does seem like Bungie is turning their back on the fanbase that made them.

LOL

And it's just the opposite. Without Bungie, there would be no lemmings.

If there is anyone to blame, it's M$ for not allowing them the creative freedom they wanted.