Bungie Loves PS4. Destiny PS4 exclusive content detailed

• 99 results
#51 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1934 posts) -

Cows are so stupid! I still think some of you out there think Destiny is a PS4 exclusive! You guys are pathetic hyping an early Alpha access and a early beta. X1 gets this game as well and Bungie already confirmed it w I'll be 1080p and 30fps on the X1!!

#52 Posted by mems_1224 (46173 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

Isn't this just timed exclusive content?

nope

you sure?

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15080-destiny-playstation-content-are-timed-exclusive-will-arrive-xbox-one-and-xb.html

ok, maybe 6 months later or so will come to xbone

Owned LMFAO

#53 Posted by yokofox33 (29191 posts) -

Don't really care about the exclusive content (even though I am getting it on the PS4). I'm just dying to play the game. Really excited for it.

#54 Posted by clyde46 (43957 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

well, at least bungie are not giving the middle finger to their fans like insomniac are doing to us cows.

Nobody is giving anybody the finger. its just business. Sony has a clause that when they publish and fund a 3rd party game, they get to own the IP. that's why sony owns all the IPs insomniac has made like ratchet and clank and resistance. Insomniac got tired of it and wanted to own their new IP and Sony wouldn't budge. MS doesn't have that clause. They let the 3rd party keep ownership of the IP. Like epic and gears of wars (but MS later purchased the IP from them this year) If anything Sony gave insomniac the middle finger that after 20 years of making games for sony, they refused to let them keep 1 IP for themselves. Its just business though.

LOL no. Halo says hi....

MS bought the rights to the Halo IP. That was part of the deal I believe.

#55 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

too bad the game looks like a snore fest with elements designed to capture 14 year olds.

#56 Edited by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

Cows are so stupid! I still think some of you out there think Destiny is a PS4 exclusive! You guys are pathetic hyping an early Alpha access and a early beta. X1 gets this game as well and Bungie already confirmed it w I'll be 1080p and 30fps on the X1!!

they want to achieve 1080p/30fps, not confirmed to run at these. On x1 u normally isn't able to achieve your goals because its too outdated so its more confirmed to run at 792p/24-30fps than 1080p/30fps.

#57 Posted by Bruin1986 (1196 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

well, at least bungie are not giving the middle finger to their fans like insomniac are doing to us cows.

Nobody is giving anybody the finger. its just business. Sony has a clause that when they publish and fund a 3rd party game, they get to own the IP. that's why sony owns all the IPs insomniac has made like ratchet and clank and resistance. Insomniac got tired of it and wanted to own their new IP and Sony wouldn't budge. MS doesn't have that clause. They let the 3rd party keep ownership of the IP. Like epic and gears of wars (but MS later purchased the IP from them this year) If anything Sony gave insomniac the middle finger that after 20 years of making games for sony, they refused to let them keep 1 IP for themselves. Its just business though.

LOL no. Halo says hi....

How does your Halo example even remotely negate his argument?

If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft acquired the Halo IP during the decade long period in which they owned Bungie. As in Bungie was a 1st party studio. As in not a 3rd party studio. As in it has nothing to do with the stated business clause.

Am I mistaken here? I hope I'm mistaken...or do people literally post without even a modicum of thought?

#58 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (526 posts) -

Bungie Loves Monay.

FTFY

#59 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

This is why Sony should stop lying.

Fanboys get behind them and then look stupide when the truth comes out.

Same content, same resolution, same framerate and in the end same game on Xbox One.

#60 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2343 posts) -

PS4 gets exclusive content and PC gets zero content. LMFAO.

And PS4 gets empty promises like the Last Guardian, FFv13, Agent or was it PS3? LMFAO. Never mind, there's still hope, you can see it on PS6, if Sony survives by then of course.

#61 Edited by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

You know what's funny? The fact that some cows used to bash Bungie but when Destiny was announced for the PS4, their views on the company have changed, I thought Bungie was overrated cows?

Destiny's gameplay is very similar to Halo, so how does it feel that the game you are hyping up and enjoying actually looks and feels like Halo? The very game you cows were and still are bashing?

I guess Bungie was only overrated because their games were not on your console of choice.

#62 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149977 posts) -

@clyde46 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

MS bought the rights to the Halo IP. That was part of the deal I believe.

That was the price of freedom for Bungie....along with MS maintaining some stock in the company. They didn't buy the rights per se because Bungie had been their devs. So like the above post...the devs didn't have ownership of their IP once they became a third party for MS.

In other words...it's the same situation as with Sony and the individual above made a dishonest statement.

#63 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15885 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

If I'm not mistaken, Microsoft acquired the Halo IP during the decade long period in which they owned Bungie. As in Bungie was a 1st party studio. As in not a 3rd party studio. As in it has nothing to do with the stated business clause.

Am I mistaken here? I hope I'm mistaken...or do people literally post without even a modicum of thought?

You're correct. Halo was slated for the PC/Mac and was on the verge of release when MS came out of nowhere. Doesn't anyone here remember the shock of that day?

#64 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149977 posts) -

@Bruin1986 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

You're correct. Halo was slated for the PC/Mac and was on the verge of release when MS came out of nowhere. Doesn't anyone here remember the shock of that day?

Which is what Sony is doing...which was my point. You can't berate one company for owning IPS and applaud the other.

#65 Edited by slimdogmilionar (428 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

@-Damien- said:

@lostrib said:

nope

you sure?

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15080-destiny-playstation-content-are-timed-exclusive-will-arrive-xbox-one-and-xb.html

ok, maybe 6 months later or so will come to xbone

hopefully with a Master Chief skin.

#66 Posted by iTrueColors (47 posts) -

I could honestly care less if PS4 gets any timed content and the alpha. All I know is that xbox gets the beta and the game. That's all I really care about

#67 Posted by delta3074 (17744 posts) -

Lol, thread backfire.

#68 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1934 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

they want to achieve 1080p/30fps, not confirmed to run at these. On x1 u normally isn't able to achieve your goals because its too outdated so its more confirmed to run at 792p/24-30fps than 1080p/30fps.

Keep telling yourself that chief! The X1 is a much better console than fanboys like you give it credit for. Cows like you want to believe that the disparity between graphical capabilities between the X1 and PS4 is akin to Wii Vs. 360/PS3 but in the land of reality it simply is not. What we have between these two console will be 360 Vs. PS3 where ultimately most multiplats will look and perform better on the PS4 but not to the point where it will be incredibly noticeable. Devs that take the time to exploit each of the console's strengths will be able to create stunning games on both. Look at Ryse and KZSF as perfect examples. Both games look very nice in their own rights and both are miles ahead of what the PS3 and 360 offered!

So if it helps you sleep better at night that a game runs at 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the X1, then more power to you. Unless you own both consoles and have them sitting side by side on two different TV's running the same game, you will never be able to see the difference and if you have a set up like the one I just described, you should really examine your priorities in life and get outside once in a while!!

#69 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1934 posts) -

Sorry to burst your little fanboy bubble, but the X1 version gets exclusive content as well. Each of the console's will get exclusive content. It has NOTHING to do with Bungie preferring one company over another. That is like X1 owners claiming victory because we get CoD and Evolve DLC first!!

#70 Posted by vashkey (33711 posts) -

More like Bungie loves money

#71 Posted by SecretPolice (21338 posts) -

It's funny how in cows eyes Bungie went from chump to champ in record time..... hahahah. :P

#72 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1934 posts) -

It's funny how in cows eyes Bungie went from chump to champ in record time..... hahahah. :P

BOOM!!! Yeah, last gen the cows were "Bungie can't tie Naughty Dog's shoes" and now apparently because Bungie is developing for PS4 they are now godly!! Hmm?? Hippocrate much??

#73 Edited by Icarian (1468 posts) -

You mean Sony paid the most.

#74 Posted by edwardecl (1950 posts) -

Cool does that mean the PS4 version gets free hats and shit?

#75 Edited by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

BOOM!!! Yeah, last gen the cows were "Bungie can't tie Naughty Dog's shoes" and now apparently because Bungie is developing for PS4 they are now godly!! Hmm?? Hippocrate much??

You shouldn't talk about fanboys,considering your past of often changing sides

Also,Hippocrates

#76 Posted by donalbane (16170 posts) -

I will probably get it on the One because that's the system my friend will be getting it on, and the chat will be better. And speaking of chat, nobody was chatting in the PS4 alpha.

#77 Posted by edwardecl (1950 posts) -

I will probably get it on the One because that's the system my friend will be getting it on, and the chat will be better. And speaking of chat, nobody was chatting in the PS4 alpha.

Have fun listening to 9 year olds screaming into the microphone.

#78 Posted by silversix_ (13881 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Keep telling yourself that chief! The X1 is a much better console than fanboys like you give it credit for. Cows like you want to believe that the disparity between graphical capabilities between the X1 and PS4 is akin to Wii Vs. 360/PS3 but in the land of reality it simply is not. What we have between these two console will be 360 Vs. PS3 where ultimately most multiplats will look and perform better on the PS4 but not to the point where it will be incredibly noticeable. Devs that take the time to exploit each of the console's strengths will be able to create stunning games on both. Look at Ryse and KZSF as perfect examples. Both games look very nice in their own rights and both are miles ahead of what the PS3 and 360 offered!

So if it helps you sleep better at night that a game runs at 1080p on the PS4 and 900p on the X1, then more power to you. Unless you own both consoles and have them sitting side by side on two different TV's running the same game, you will never be able to see the difference and if you have a set up like the one I just described, you should really examine your priorities in life and get outside once in a while!!

telling myself that? No, i look at what's inside the Bone and it just screams 720p-900p gaming.

#79 Posted by donalbane (16170 posts) -

@donalbane said:

Have fun listening to 9 year olds screaming into the microphone.

I never understand how people prefer silence over chat. It's fun to talk to other people. If they are obnoxious, you mute them or use party chat.

#80 Posted by remiks00 (1626 posts) -

You know what's funny? The fact that some cows used to bash Bungie but when Destiny was announced for the PS4, their views on the company have changed, I thought Bungie was overrated cows?

Destiny's gameplay is very similar to Halo, so how does it feel that the game you are hyping up and enjoying actually looks and feels like Halo? The very game you cows were and still are bashing?

I guess Bungie was only overrated because their games were not on your console of choice.

It's because they are the #1 hypocrites in the gaming world. Been like that since PS3's reveal.

#81 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Lol consolites bragging about getting 30fps......in an ugly small game to boot....talk about low standards

#82 Posted by supergokublitz (360 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@CloudStrife213 said:

It's because they are the #1 hypocrites in the gaming world. Been like that since PS3's reveal.

Like I said Hippo's

#83 Posted by darkangel115 (1469 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

MS owns halo because they owned bungie. bungie was an independent studio MS purchased in 2000. Same way Sony purchased Naughty Dog. But when they decided to part ways MS still owns all the content they created while owned by MS. same way if you quit your job, everything you worked on remains property of the company you worked for.

#84 Edited by NoodleFighter (6959 posts) -

When halo was on xbox back in the day cows hated bungie lol hippos

#85 Posted by darkangel115 (1469 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

Which is what Sony is doing...which was my point. You can't berate one company for owning IPS and applaud the other.

Its not the same because MS owned Bungie before halo was released. For instance MS published the 1st dead rising and funded it. that game was exclusive to xbox but MS didn't force capcom to let MS own the IP. DR2 was then released multiplatform because capcom owns the IP. same with Epic and Gears, MS funded it but didn't own the IP. They later purchased it from epic this year. Same with insomniac and platinum. MS doesn't own sunset overdrive and scalebound IP. Also Mass effect and Bioware, Bioware maintained ownership of the ME IP and when EA purchased them, EA gained ownership. With Sony any game that publish they require ownership of the IP like ratchet and clank for instance.

#86 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149977 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

@Bruin1986 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

Its not the same because MS owned Bungie before halo was released. For instance MS published the 1st dead rising and funded it. that game was exclusive to xbox but MS didn't force capcom to let MS own the IP. DR2 was then released multiplatform because capcom owns the IP. same with Epic and Gears, MS funded it but didn't own the IP. They later purchased it from epic this year. Same with insomniac and platinum. MS doesn't own sunset overdrive and scalebound IP. Also Mass effect and Bioware, Bioware maintained ownership of the ME IP and when EA purchased them, EA gained ownership. With Sony any game that publish they require ownership of the IP like ratchet and clank for instance.

That's not entirely true.

Microsoft acquired Bungie in 2000; the project it was working on was repurposed into a launch title for Microsoft's Xbox console, called Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo became the Xbox's "killer application", selling millions of copies and spawning a billion dollar franchise.

/quote

#87 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149977 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

MS owns halo because they owned bungie. bungie was an independent studio MS purchased in 2000. Same way Sony purchased Naughty Dog. But when they decided to part ways MS still owns all the content they created while owned by MS. same way if you quit your job, everything you worked on remains property of the company you worked for.

It's the exact same thing......your spin doesn't work.

#88 Posted by darkangel115 (1469 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

There is no spin. Halo released in 2001, MS purchased Bungie (and all their IPs in process which included halo) in 2000. You quoted exactly what I said. MS purchases Bungie as a company and all its assets prior to Halo's release. Which honestly doesn't matter because when you purchase a company you acquire their past assets as well. Bungie was a 1st Party MS studio from 2000 until 2007. Insomniac was never a 1st party studio of Sony. They got tired of working for 20+ years making games for Sony and having nothing to show. So they sought better options. They wanted to own the Sunset Overdrive IP Sony doesn't allow it. MS did. Its simple. Like I said Mass effect, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive Scalebound etc all 3rd party games MS published but didn't own the IP. Sony doesn't do that. Whats the big deal? The sad part is Cows make Insomniac out to be bad when it was sony's policy that drives them away. And the policy is good for business. Imagine if MS owned the ME franchise? But for the studios themselves is a bad policy

#89 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149977 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

There is no spin. Halo released in 2001, MS purchased Bungie (and all their IPs in process which included halo) in 2000. You quoted exactly what I said. MS purchases Bungie as a company and all its assets prior to Halo's release. Which honestly doesn't matter because when you purchase a company you acquire their past assets as well. Bungie was a 1st Party MS studio from 2000 until 2007. Insomniac was never a 1st party studio of Sony. They got tired of working for 20+ years making games for Sony and having nothing to show. So they sought better options. They wanted to own the Sunset Overdrive IP Sony doesn't allow it. MS did. Its simple. Like I said Mass effect, Dead Rising, Sunset Overdrive Scalebound etc all 3rd party games MS published but didn't own the IP. Sony doesn't do that. Whats the big deal? The sad part is Cows make Insomniac out to be bad when it was sony's policy that drives them away. And the policy is good for business. Imagine if MS owned the ME franchise? But for the studios themselves is a bad policy

Oh for fuck's sake...it's the same damn thing as what was mentioned in the start of this discussion. Period.

#90 Edited by Sollet (7298 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It's only timed exclusive. Sony lied and you believed them. That is a disturbing pattern that is repeating itself.

Oh you mean the practice MS started and keeps doing?

Yeah it is disturbing that it catched on.

#91 Posted by darkangel115 (1469 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

Oh for fuck's sake...it's the same damn thing as what was mentioned in the start of this discussion. Period.

Except your the one that claimed that MS did with bungie what sony did with insomniac which isn't true since bungie was 1st party owned by MS and insomniac was 3rd party owned by themselves.

#92 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4057 posts) -

@supergokublitz said:

water dwelling mammals. the whole lot of 'em.

#93 Posted by supergokublitz (360 posts) -
#94 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1934 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:

@supergokublitz said:

water dwelling mammals. the whole lot of 'em.

The above is true of every Cow on this board!!! I'm not sure if they realize it, but Destiny is a multiplat that will span both last gen and current gen consoles. It isn't going to push the PS4 or X1 nearly as hard as it will the 360 and PS3. Also, because it is a MULTIPLAT, it is not being developed to take advantage of one console or another in the grand scheme of things!

#95 Edited by Bruin1986 (1196 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Gue1 said:

LOL no. Halo says hi....

...huh?

A company owning the IP for a game being made by a developer that it OWNS (1st party) is in no way, shape or form the same thing as a company requiring a 3rd party developer to cede ownership of their IP to that company in order to get funding.

It would only be "the same damn thing" if Sony OWNED Insomniac, and then logically owned its IPs...which Sony does not.

Does Microsoft own the Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break IP?

#96 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149977 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

...huh?

A company owning the IP for a game being made by a developer that it OWNS (1st party) is in no way, shape or form the same thing as a company requiring a 3rd party developer to cede ownership of their IP to that company in order to get funding.

It would only be "the same damn thing" if Sony OWNED Insomniac, and then logically owned its IPs...which Sony does not.

Does Microsoft own the Titanfall or Sunset Overdrive or Quantum Break IP?

You might want to familiarize yourself with contract law....

#97 Posted by -Damien- (5218 posts) -

Bungie and Sony have been in bed longer than you think

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/bungie-and-sony-have-been-in-bed-longer-than-you-think-1254114

sounds steamy...

Since Bungie broke off from its many-year partnership with Microsoft in 2007, it's been surprising to see the company turn around and hook right up with Sony for all theseDestiny PS4 exclusives.

Bungie even gets exclusive dibs on launching Destiny with the white PS4.

One has to wonder how long the partnership has been going on. Did Bungie plan to hop right into bed with Sony the minute it changed its Facebook status to "single"? Or is it a more recent fling?

During an interview at E3 2014 Bungie Head of Community Eric Osborne revealed that, in fact, Bungie and Sony have been working together since before the PS4's design was even finalized.

"Sony's been a really good partner all the way back to the beginning when we were first talking next-gen, and when we first started building Destiny," Osborne said. "We really didn't know where anybody was going, but it became really clear talking with Sony at the outset that their vision really aligned with where we wanted to go."

But it was more than their visions aligning - Osborne said Bungie even influenced the PlayStation 4's design.

Osborne said Sony has been "a really good partner" to Bungie, but the developer is also aware that they have a long way to go with Sony's fans after years of Xbox exclusivity.

"We have to make some inroads with Sony fans, who haven't really experienced any Bungie games before," he said.

To that end, PS4 players are getting an exclusive co-op strike mission, plus gear, weapons, ships, and a multiplayer map that may or may not ever make it over to Xbox One - not to mention the game's recent PS4-exclusive public alpha and white PS4 bundle.

"We're building on all four platforms that we've announced. We have to make sure that [Destiny] is amazing everywhere, especially as a new IP. We have to earn all these fans," Osborne said. "But specifically with Sony we have some work to do in terms of awareness and getting people excited about a Bungie game."

#98 Posted by StormyJoe (4736 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I thought there was going to be exclusive content for each platform. PS4, PC, Xb1.

#99 Posted by Heil68 (43178 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I thought there was going to be exclusive content for each platform. PS4, PC, Xb1.

That's usually how it works and there is no PC version at this time.

#100 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -

@-Damien-: Sony bribed them essentially, Microsoft does the same with other devs.