Bunch of new The Vanishing of Ethan Carter screens

#1 Edited by IgGy621985 (4767 posts) -

Keep in mind these shots are probably heavily compressed since they are apparently taken from the gameplay trailer which will be shown on E3.

Well, it seems our fellow lad Ethan isn't having the best days of his life.

Anyway, it looks good, but not amazing.

Full gallery here.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by silversix_ (14340 posts) -

2nd pic has dark souls 2 textures lol

#3 Edited by Motokid6 (5470 posts) -

@silversix_: Theres some kind of blur effect on that shot. Uhm.. I can't open any of the pics. Invalid model?

Nm didn't see the gallery link. Wow. Well that's a graphics king if there was one. Thing is.. do we know what kind of gameplay this is? I mean this could be a point-and-click for all I know.

#4 Edited by kinectthedots (1766 posts) -

So much for the photo realistic impossible to do graphics on consoles hype from hermits on this board. This is what I see happen to a lot pre-release PC games that get closer to realization.

Seriously herms only hyped this for graphics and look at this. And what the hell is going on with the old mans hands? It looks like someone melted candle wax on them. I thought we had advanced beyond the days when all you needed was a plastic coating on the outer layer of the skin of characters to be considered impressive graphics? And what about those rock textures by his feet...lol impressive stuff for sure

I have a strong feeling this game will end up multiplat on PS4/xbone as nothing shown here is something either console should struggle with.

#5 Posted by IgGy621985 (4767 posts) -

Seriously herms only hyped this for graphics and look at this. And what the hell is going on with the old mans hands? It looks like someone melted candle wax on them. I thought we had advanced beyond the days when all you needed was a plastic coating on the outer layer of the skin of characters to be considered impressive graphics? And what about those rock textures by his feet...lol impressive stuff for sure

I'm not sure if this game was hyped only for the graphics. It did look good on the first screens, but not that good.

#6 Edited by Motokid6 (5470 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Take your fanboy goggles off. It looks better then anything shown on any console.

As for the hands... They look wet. Dude on the ground is in a poncho, old man is wearing high boots and it looks like there next to a river. Water makes stuff wet.

#7 Edited by m3dude1 (1284 posts) -

lol i absolutely looooove when the sobering reality of low budget pc exclusives hits.

#8 Posted by Motokid6 (5470 posts) -

@m3dude1: The reality that this low budget pc exclusive blows away consoles in the visuals department? Yea no dout..

#9 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (668 posts) -

Looks better in motion, except for the characters.

The game will be out on consoles as well.

#10 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (668 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@m3dude1: The reality that this low budget pc exclusive blows away consoles in the visuals department? Yea no dout..

When KZ:SF or I:SS don't look that much better being million budget games vs a game made by 3 people with low budget like you said, it's only bad for the super console exclusives.

#11 Posted by m3dude1 (1284 posts) -

lol i still remember the hyping of obviously fake gifs and photos like a month ago. the sobering reality of the cold cold world that is pc exclusive 15$ budget game development hits. awesome

#12 Posted by Motokid6 (5470 posts) -

@m3dude1: But.. that $15 looks better then any $60 game I've seen on consoles. Why is this?

#13 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2491 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

So much for the photo realistic impossible to do graphics on consoles hype from hermits on this board. This is what I see happen to a lot pre-release PC games that get closer to realization.

I have a strong feeling this game will end up multiplat on PS4/xbone as nothing shown here is something either console should struggle with.

God, consololites and their begging.

@m3dude1 said:

lol i absolutely looooove when the sobering reality of low budget pc exclusives hits.

I remember the time when dumb, hypocrite consololites mock minecrfat when it was a cheap and boring PC exclusive and now it is always on top of the software sales charts of consololes. It tops even Famous for no shadows, Crapzone: Shadow Fall. The most sold game with 50 million copies to date.

And I also remember consololites making fun of Witcher. Guess what. Witcher 2 pounded all consolole games and Vanishing of Ethan Carter already shits on every 900pStation game. Remain jelly, peasant.

#14 Posted by WallofTruth (1592 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

Lel look at this little peasant, he mad, lel.

#15 Posted by Effec_Tor (280 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

I remember the time when dumb, hypocrite consololites mock minecrfat when it was a cheap and boring PC exclusive and now it is always on top of the software seles charts of consololes. It tops even Famous for no shadows, Crapzone: SHadow Fall and even the consololites. The most sold game with 50 million copies to date.

ANd I also remember consololites making fun of Witcher. Guess what. Witcher 2 punded all consolol games and Vanishing of Eathan Carter already shits on every 900pStation game. Remain jelly, peasant.

That must have left a mark.. lol

#16 Posted by sukraj (22613 posts) -

i want this game for the Xbox One.

#17 Edited by nethernova (4087 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

@m3dude1: But.. that $15 looks better then any $60 game I've seen on consoles. Why is this?

Because your eyes are broken and drip with fanboyism.

#18 Posted by lordlors (5602 posts) -

People seem to forget that this is an indie game.

#19 Posted by clone01 (24681 posts) -

PC game? I hadn't heard of this. Looks cool.

#20 Posted by clone01 (24681 posts) -

@sukraj said:

I really miss that about this gen. There were so many great indie titles on PSN/XBL

#21 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2611 posts) -

Witcher 3 blows this out of the water

#22 Edited by Ballroompirate (22795 posts) -

I just don't see anything worthwhile about this game.

#23 Posted by sukraj (22613 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@sukraj said:

I really miss that about this gen. There were so many great indie titles on PSN/XBL

I agree lol

#24 Edited by MBirdy88 (8103 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

only it doesnt.... if you look at the video for this game... the animations and the characters are horrible... the only good aspect is the scenery....

hell star citizen doesn't currently look better than Crysis 3 yet people are making out that its the best looking game ever.

people see what they want to see.

#25 Edited by Motokid6 (5470 posts) -

@MBirdy88: Yea the animation isn't too good, but the environment blows away anything seen on consoles.

#27 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13916 posts) -

those character models are all kinds of bad.

The bludgeoning of ethan carter.

#28 Posted by Jankarcop (9310 posts) -

Lol an Indy game looks better than 100+million console movie games